PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] Car Keeps Going Slower; Is there a Bug or Not?

buick87gn
25-04-2018, 18:04
I have noticed since the latest PC2 patch; that when I race the McLaren P1 GTR on the Monza classic oval track that after about 4-5 laps that my overall speed has decreased about 15-20 mph than compared to the opening laps. I am still driving it as hard using the same entry and exit points; and it has me totally baffled. I have the tire wear settings on; along with engine failure as well. I don't think that it would be a tire problem since the tires would have just a few laps on them. I have also tried some other vehicles with the same results. I am racing against the AI cars for 15 laps. I am just wondering if there is a bug in PC2; or could it be something else? I don't seem to have this problem racing on other tracks.

AbeWoz
25-04-2018, 18:10
I have noticed since the latest PC2 patch; that when I race the McLaren P1 GTR on the Monza classic oval track that after about 4-5 laps that my overall speed has decreased about 15-20 mph than compared to the opening laps. I am still driving it as hard using the same entry and exit points; and it has me totally baffled. I have the tire wear settings on; along with engine failure as well. I don't think that it would be a tire problem since the tires would have just a few laps on them. I have also tried some other vehicles with the same results. I am racing against the AI cars for 15 laps. I am just wondering if there is a bug in PC2; or could it be something else? I don't seem to have this problem racing on other tracks.

you are running out of hybrid power probably.
no braking to regen to energy.

buick87gn
25-04-2018, 18:18
you are running out of hybrid power probably.
no braking to regen to energy.

Sorry for being a newbie on PC2. What are you referring to hybrid power? The vehicles that I drive are not hybrid powered such as a Toyota Prius.

AbeWoz
25-04-2018, 18:25
Sorry for being a newbie on PC2. What are you referring to hybrid power? The vehicles that I drive are not hybrid powered such as a Toyota Prius.

the P1 GTR is a hybrid.

buick87gn
25-04-2018, 18:27
the P1 GTR is a hybrid.

O.K. So you are saying that I should use the brake every now and then to regen the system?

banner77amc
25-04-2018, 20:13
Hard braking will regen the KERS in the P1 GTR, soft braking an coasting will eventually leave you with little kers acceleration. For cars like this you can adjust the brake pressure so that you brake differently and regain your e-boost again. The hybrids take a different set of thinking to put in consistent lap times. Practice, practice, practice.

buick87gn
25-04-2018, 20:23
Hard braking will regen the KERS in the P1 GTR, soft braking an coasting will eventually leave you with little kers acceleration. For cars like this you can adjust the brake pressure so that you brake differently and regain your e-boost again. The hybrids take a different set of thinking to put in consistent lap times. Practice, practice, practice.

Thanks for the info as I was unaware that hard braking was required on the P1 GTR in order to regain the boost. I just like to go full bore on the oval tracks with zero braking if you know what I mean.

banner77amc
25-04-2018, 20:30
Thanks for the info as I was unaware that hard braking was required on the P1 GTR in order to regain the boost. I just like to go full bore on the oval tracks with zero braking if you know what I mean.

Yeah, the magic of project cars has been that you have to learn every car. The nuances of each car shine which is something I love about the game.

John Hargreaves
25-04-2018, 20:42

Just think of the McLaren as like a flat, orange Toyota Prius :rolleyes:

buick87gn
25-04-2018, 20:45

HaHa!! The only thing is a Toyota Prius is a snail compared to the P1 GTR

TorTorden
26-04-2018, 06:25

That wants to die.

TorTorden
26-04-2018, 06:27
HaHa!! The only thing is a Toyota Prius is a snail compared to the P1 GTR

Prius might be an overweight diabetic of a car.
But the tech is pretty much the same in the p1.
Just applied slightly differently but the effect is massively different

Charger
26-04-2018, 07:15
Oh I dunno, the Prius GT300 is a bit of a beast!!

WellRED Barron
26-04-2018, 07:42
Every day it seems I learn something mind blowing about this game. Didn’t ever think about needing to regen the battery on hybrids.

TorTorden
26-04-2018, 08:20
Oh I dunno, the Prius GT300 is a bit of a beast!!

Think that model is a little different from all the prius taxi's I have to push out of my yard cause they can't make it up the hill and are forced to give up. (three this winter alone)

There is a reason why most houses here have a 44.

I'm not saying they can't make great cars with petrol/electric hybrids.
I'm saying the economy centric prius sold to school moms and hippies is a shit car.

Charger
26-04-2018, 08:38
Think that model is a little different from all the prius taxi's I have to push out of my yard cause they can't make it up the hill and are forced to give up. (three this winter alone)

There is a reason why most houses here have a 44.

I'm not saying they can't make great cars with petrol/electric hybrids.
I'm saying the economy centric prius sold to school moms and hippies is a shit car.

Lol, well I would never buy one ;-)

hkraft300
26-04-2018, 08:40
Does the P1 GTR have brake regen?
I was sure the regular P1 doesn't have brake regen like LaFerrari and 918...