PDA

View Full Version : XB1 version Refund or other gesture

fuschs
30-04-2018, 10:00
Hello,

I own the game on XB1 and itís fair to say the game experience has been very disappointing from an online point of view. We were promised up to 16 players yet the game isnít functional when you race (try to race is more adapted). I wonít name all the issues as theyíre visible on the forum already. The game has much potential but 8 months post release itís fair to say itís far from fulfilling it.

Now I donít want to deal with the troubles anymore. I assume it will take up to a year for the game to be at an acceptable standard, so Iíll simply make the switch to PC. Was wondering if there was some kind of sale that could be applicable for the PC version of the game?

Basically I want my 100Ä back, or at least not spend much on the PC version. Has anyone been in this situation? Iíve been sold a product thatís not up to the standard it promised so from my PoV itís a rip off. Considering taking legal action at this point but I need to see what the law says about this.

Cheers

Zaskarspants
30-04-2018, 10:20
In the UK you are best advised to return the game to the retailer saying you are unhappy, many will offer an exchange but perhaps not a refund.

Ofnir4
30-04-2018, 10:38
I'll send them my xbox and say "I'm unhappy with my digital version, please remove it from my license and give me a refund for both game and season pass".

I'll as far as saying the game is such in a terrible state (and by the way, haven't heard from a dev in months on the topic of xbox, thanks) that people are willing to upgrade to an X or PC solely to play that game as intended, that is 500€ minimum investment. When you get that kind of willingness to pay, you know the game is good on PC or X and absolute garbage, yes garbage on the standard xbox.

Don't go to a retailer, if you have a physical version, write Namco-Bandai (the customer support) a nice formal email, they'll do the rest for you, after all they are partly at fault too.
If you have a digital version, write both Namco and Microsoft a mail detailing how atrocious the game runs and how it's close to false advertising, you'll get your refund. The Xbox division doesn't mess around when games leave their customers unsatisfied.

Anyway don't sell your game, only send it back (if physycal copy) to the first party.

fuschs
30-04-2018, 12:24
Thansk for your advice gents, much appreciated.

Leper Messiah
30-04-2018, 15:53
Were these "general" promises across all the platforms or specific promises for the XB1? If they were general promises then the fault is with the hardware being too crappy not the devs, if they were specific promises for the XB1 then I would say you have a case.

I mean would someone with a minimum spec PC expect to get 4k resolution and get a refund because they couldn't?

Ofnir4
30-04-2018, 16:54
That wasn't the best analogy I've read here. No offense, but that is not even close to comparable.

We are on standard hardware, what they capped for is what we get. If you don't get it, they didn't deliver, the logic is that simple.

16 players online. Nope can't have that.
Up to 32 cars on track (can lead to physics slow down, that is a given). Nope can't have that, the physics get melted by 22 cars but somehow run fine with 32 cars (class dependent), go figure if the hardware is "crappy" or else.
"Crappy" hardware run progressively worse until it doesn't work, it is not the case here. It runs fine, then it's hell, then it's relatively fine again.

I will say, the release of the X is probably the worst possible thing that could have happened to the OG xbox owners that were not first adopters.

Go have a look into the Xbox section and look for SMS posts, good luck and I'll see you in a few days when you finally found the last post that gave us useful information about the state of the xbox version of the game.

It feels like the xbox owners are treated like parriah, outcasts since it seems like the new standard on xbox is the X (despite what the sales figures show), they treat and patch for the X, the OG gets left in the dust.

Leper Messiah
30-04-2018, 17:13
That wasn't the best analogy I've read here. No offense, but that is not even close to comparable.

We are on standard hardware, what they capped for is what we get. If you don't get it, they didn't deliver, the logic is that simple.

16 players online. Nope can't have that.
Up to 32 cars on track (can lead to physics slow down, that is a given). Nope can't have that, the physics get melted by 22 cars but somehow run fine with 32 cars (class dependent), go figure if the hardware is "crappy" or else.
"Crappy" hardware run progressively worse until it doesn't work, it is not the case here. It runs fine, then it's hell, then it's relatively fine again.

I will say, the release of the X is probably the worst possible thing that could have happened to the OG xbox owners that were not first adopters.

Go have a look into the Xbox section and look for SMS posts, good luck and I'll see you in a few days when you finally found the last post that gave us useful information about the state of the xbox version of the game.

It feels like the xbox owners are treated like parriah, outcasts since it seems like the new standard on xbox is the X (despite what the sales figures show), they treat and patch for the X, the OG gets left in the dust.

My point is this was a multi platform game, those could be "general" promises that the game can do NON platform specific, so if the majority of the platforms can hit those promises then it's not the fault of the software. If these were specific promises for the XB1 then I agree that is bad that they did not hit those targets. As someone who has not followed the console world much since the 360, PS3 era I do not know what was promised for the console versions of the game. I do remember reading stuff that the PS4 was more powerful than the XB1.

Yes I was playing "devils advocate" I do that a lot. But the advice of going back to the retailer is indeed the best advice.

Personally I cannot run anywhere near the "promised" amount of Ai cars in Assetto Corsa due to the Ai using player physics, any more than 20 or so and my PC "melts". Hardware issues and lack of sheer computing "horsepower" (pun intended) do play a factor. Hopefully that explains my position.

FWIW I can understand the anger, but personally I'd aim it at Microsoft and not SMS.

DECATUR PLAYA
30-04-2018, 17:19
Well I havent upgraded to the 1X because im quite simply enjoying the game on the og xbox and I play online with guys who havent upgraded for the same reason. Considering the xbox is the weakest hardwire wise I think the devs have done a great job. Thanks for patch 5.0 and all the work that you do dev team. Just my 2 cents.

grrrillapmp
30-04-2018, 17:20
I'm really disappointed, I feel ripped off and lied to. I'ma try that letter writing thing if there isn't any news of significant xbox improvements sometime in the near future...like this week.

Even if it's just "we can't fix it, this is the best we can do" that's still better than feeling like I was robbed by sms.

Just a word guys, that's all a lot of us are really asking. For sixty bucks I think I should at least be told if it's possible for me to get the game I paid for or not.

Am I wrong? Is that too much to ask? I'm not even being belligerent.

grrrillapmp
30-04-2018, 17:25
FWIW I can understand the anger, but personally I'd aim it at Microsoft and not SMS.

How? The hardware was out, they (sms) knew what it was and what it is capable of doing. Not to mention, a lot of these same things happened in PC1, how can you blame Microsoft for that? It doesn't make any sense to me.

My Xbox works perfectly fine, PC2 works like absolute garbage, so why should I direct anger at Microsoft? I don't get it.

Ofnir4
30-04-2018, 17:27
Personally I cannot run anywhere near the "promised" amount of Ai cars in Assetto Corsa due to the Ai using player physics, any more than 20 or so and my PC "melts". Hardware issues and lack of sheer computing "horsepower" (pun intended) do play a factor. Hopefully that explains my position.

I don't think any sim AI uses the player sims, AC uses a brush model.

I wouldn't, the xbox has been out for quite some time now, it's a known quantity, you know what you can get out of it and what you can't. MS are not the one not saying anything, if anything, writing to Namco would probably get me a better, faster answer than here.

Leper Messiah
30-04-2018, 18:25
How? The hardware was out, they (sms) knew what it was and what it is capable of doing. Not to mention, a lot of these same things happened in PC1, how can you blame Microsoft for that? It doesn't make any sense to me.

My Xbox works perfectly fine, PC2 works like absolute garbage, so why should I direct anger at Microsoft? I don't get it.

That only makes sense if the game was an xbox1 exclusive, it wasn't, the game was released on multiple platforms, PC2 works excellent on my I5 3570k 3.8ghz with a 1060 6gb GPU, that's not a high spec PC. So the game works fine for me so it's not the game is it, if it was the coding it would be garbage across ALL platforms and it's not (which is my point).

Leper Messiah
30-04-2018, 18:26
I don't think any sim AI uses the player sims, AC uses a brush model.

I wouldn't, the xbox has been out for quite some time now, it's a known quantity, you know what you can get out of it and what you can't. MS are not the one not saying anything, if anything, writing to Namco would probably get me a better, faster answer than here.

Pretty sure the PC version uses same physics as the Player.

Doesn't matter how long the hardware has been out or not, if it doesn't have the power to do what SMS are asking. And SMS are asking a LOT of the hardware. Mario Kart this game is not!

Ofnir4
30-04-2018, 18:35
Pretty sure the PC version uses same physics as the Player.

It absolutely does not. And I think the fact that you think that possible will give less weight to your arguments on that matter.

Doesn't matter how long the hardware has been out or not, if it doesn't have the power to do what SMS are asking. And SMS are asking a LOT of the hardware. Mario Kart this game is not!

If the hardware doesn't run what you are developing, you don't release a version of the software for that particular platform, simple as that. The PS4 is only marginally more powerful than the Xbox one but somehow the issues are exponentially more potent to use your style of hyperbole. ;)

grrrillapmp
30-04-2018, 18:51
That only makes sense if the game was an xbox1 exclusive, it wasn't, the game was released on multiple platforms, PC2 works excellent on my I5 3570k 3.8ghz with a 1060 6gb GPU, that's not a high spec PC. So the game works fine for me so it's not the game is it, if it was the coding it would be garbage across ALL platforms and it's not (which is my point).

Nah, I disagree with that.

Stewy32
30-04-2018, 18:57
My best advise would be to look into what can be done by the gaming stores closest to you.I doubt SMS can refund you because otherwise everyone could claim one and that would lead to a nightmare.But if you can evidence that you have purchased the game on XB1 SMS may have a code or something to give you the game cheaper on PC,or maybe a DLC code or something.

Konan
30-04-2018, 19:16
I'll leave this thread open because of the genuine question from the OP but anymore statements like "rip off" and i will be forced to take action...
@ofnir : it's Bandai Namco BTW not the other way around.

Ofnir4
30-04-2018, 19:24
@ofnir : it's Bandai Namco BTW not the other way around.

I know, I just can't get used to it. Spent too much time as Namco then Namco-Bandai, it's hardwired now. :D (And I blame Ace Combat for that)

grrrillapmp
30-04-2018, 19:31
I'll leave this thread open because of the genuine question from the OP but anymore statements like "rip off" and i will be forced to take action...

Out of curiosity, if you gave someone sixty dollars for something and they only gave you fifteen dollars worth of product, what would you call it?

cpcdem
30-04-2018, 20:18
Out of curiosity, if you gave someone sixty dollars for something and they only gave you fifteen dollars worth of product, what would you call it?

And what if you gave 60 dollars for a product worth 2000 dollars, out of which say 1/4 is not working properly?

Robhd
30-04-2018, 20:38
I have to say I don't remember experiencing the horrendous wheel shaking prior to patch 4 coming along. I tried lots of wheel settins etc but still it wouldn't go away but i haven't found any of that on the one x... I do hope they find a workable fix so everyone can have a good experience but i really do suspect as others have said the original xbox one is at the limits of what it can handle and it just struggles to process everything its being asked to..

APR193
30-04-2018, 20:51
To be fair its hard to sympathise unless you've played/paid for the game on a standard xbox. I'm glad I've got my X, couldn't play for the first couple of months from release as simply not enough on the standard xbox worked for it to be enjoyable. Haven't got the most up to date experience of what the game runs like on the standard xbox, but I hope its improved since for the guys still playing on it. Frankly I'm amazed (from my admittedly out of date experience) that anyone on standard xbox is still persevering. From someone who now loves the game and has very little to complain about, I don't think I've ever played a game that performed as badly or was as disappointing.

grrrillapmp
30-04-2018, 21:09
I have to say I don't remember experiencing the horrendous wheel shaking prior to patch 4 coming along. I tried lots of wheel settins etc but still it wouldn't go away but i haven't found any of that on the one x... I do hope they find a workable fix so everyone can have a good experience but i really do suspect as others have said the original xbox one is at the limits of what it can handle and it just struggles to process everything its being asked to..

If that's the case, then why not just tell us that? Why string us along?

Robhd
30-04-2018, 21:40
If that's the case, then why not just tell us that? Why string us along?

I have nothing to do with the company, i am just an ordinary average paying customer but i really do believe these guys are working hard to try and optimise the game whatever the platform its running on. I think after Project Cars 1 if they hadn't released an xbox version there would have been a lot more disappointed folks yelling sell out and baying for their collective blood. Equally, if they had put out a Project Cars lite version for the xbox they would have taken a kicking for that from many folk too... I think it may have been less a case of greed and more tring to be all things to all folk... But that is just my take on it..

TorTorden
01-05-2018, 06:31

Capitalism.