PDA

View Full Version : Telemetry app question

Tripper
30-04-2018, 15:48
Is there an app which allows you to view telemetry information overlaid on top of a replay of the lap? By telemetry I mean tyre temps & pressures, suspension travel, wheel rotation speed and so on. It doesn't need to be free.

Z1 looks interesting but I'm not sure it does a replay overlay.

F1_Racer68
30-04-2018, 16:43
You can sort of do this with Z1.

It will require the use of some video recording software. I personally use OBS.

Z1 Analyzer allows you to have live telemetry. I set OBS up to where Z1 Analyzer is the main portion of the canvas and a smaller capture of the on board footage while I drive.

I then record and review the video post test session. It's not perfect by any means, but it's what workss for me..... For now....

VRHive used to support this as well for pC1. Not sure of it's status now.

Tripper
01-05-2018, 17:09
Z1 Analyzer allows you to have live telemetry. I set OBS up to where Z1 Analyzer is the main portion of the canvas and a smaller capture of the on board footage while I drive.

Thanks for this.

Do you mean that you're running pcars 2 in windowed mode and having Z1 running on the screen as well? Or that Z1 is running but hidden while recording but somehow makes it into the recorded version when you play it back?

F1_Racer68
01-05-2018, 17:13
Thanks for this.

Do you mean that you're running pcars 2 in windowed mode and having Z1 running on the screen as well? Or that Z1 is running but hidden while recording but somehow makes it into the recorded version when you play it back?

Z1 runs behind pcars. No windowed mode. OBS allows you to arange multiple sources into a single recording.