PDA

View Full Version : What is your 'don't miss/must try' suggestion in PC2

Atak Kat
01-05-2018, 06:28
I'm a bit bored with PC2 lately, especially the on-line racing. Every time I load the game I kinda sit there, thinking.... what should I do?

There's surely elements of the game that others have discovered that really brings a smile and satisfaction. Maybe specific custom races? Specific cars? Specific career sections/events? Maybe stunts???

Curious what suggestions you may have. Thanks.

demand34
01-05-2018, 06:54
Maybe you play too much GT3, too?

If there's a racing game that shouldn't bore you precisely because of ammount of choice at your disposal, that game is PC2.

Most fun cars are obviously road cars as long as you have a wheel. Have you tried them on snowy tracks for a change ?

Rallycross in Project Cars 2 has also raised the bar very high compared to what you can currently find on the market. The loose dirt physics are unlike anything seen before, and the fun you can have sliding around with the rallycross cars in these tracks should be something to consider.

And then you have the Mercedes Ice-Track for more drifting fun too. What else do you need in a racing game not to get bored

Franco Ferrari
01-05-2018, 08:12
Suggestions?

I'd suggest to take the track you hate the most and master it. I bet you'll end up loving it instead.
That's what happened for me with Monaco, at least.

Also, you can try the most difficult and untameable cars in full manual mode, and then beat world record times with them.

Neb911
01-05-2018, 08:34
Suggestions?

I'd suggest to take the track you hate the most and master it. I bet you'll end up loving it instead.
That's what happened for me with Monaco, at least.

Also, you can try the most difficult and untameable cars in full manual mode, and then beat world record times with them.

This, I use to hate Sakitto track, avoiding it like the plague. Then one day being bored I decided to to a bit more laps on it...and it now became my favorite track to go for some quick fun.

Gix916
01-05-2018, 08:55
this could help mix it up a bit..

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57496-Project-CARS-2-randomiser-tool&highlight=randomiser

Daz555
01-05-2018, 11:39
Join a league.

SlowBloke
01-05-2018, 12:04
Agree with Daz555. I had that with PC1 after a few months but joining a league gave me a whole other appreciation.

In terms of tracks & cars....

Oulton Park, Donnington Park, Brands Hatch, Cadwell Park, Knockhill, Snetterton, Bannochbrae, Sugo, Fuji, Long Beach, Watkins Glen, COTA, Algarve, Daytona Road

GT1, LMP2, LMP3, Group C, Group A, Group 5 (especially the Capri), Caterham SP300R & Seven 620R, LMP900 (Love the Bentley & Ferrari 333SP !), BMW M1, Indycar (easily favourite single seater), Ferrari 288/365, McLaren 570S, radical SR3 & RXC, Renault 5 Turbo.

Try to master the group 6 cars - very rewarding when you get a clean lap.

When Im a bit meh on those and want something different loading up the old stuff - Silverstone classic / Rouen / Hockenheimring and break out classis oldies like the Ferrari 330SP4, Lotus Type 40, old Lotus single seaters.

Then last resort theres always the rally stuff which does feel good but just never quite did it for me as an overall experience probably because Im a bit rubbish there :)

Tank621
01-05-2018, 12:28
Lotus 72D at Bathurst is a really fun combination

cluck
01-05-2018, 12:29
If you've got the Porsche Legends DLC than go for a race around the Leipzig Full Layout in the KTM X-Bow R (the roadcar, not the GT4 version). We raced there in our league last night and it is another of those hidden gems, a combination that is just pure, unadulterated, fun.

VelvetTorpedo
01-05-2018, 13:20
if you have dlc:
mustang drift at Dubai Kartdrome
GT5 or karts at Leipzig dynamic
GT4 at Leipzig outer loop
Porsche 908/03 at Bannochbrae

non dlc:
rally lite in blizzard conditions.
the Clio Cup career
Group A or M1 Procar anywhere on earth

sas5320
01-05-2018, 13:24
Disable penalties and see how fast you can do Texas oval driving backwards

Franco Ferrari
01-05-2018, 15:31
Disable penalties and see how fast you can do Texas oval driving backwards

LOL

M1 Procar anywhere on earth

The M1 Procar was a blast on every track I trew her into.

xtro
01-05-2018, 15:55
If you've got the Porsche Legends DLC than go for a race around the Leipzig Full Layout in the KTM X-Bow R (the roadcar, not the GT4 version). We raced there in our league last night and it is another of those hidden gems, a combination that is just pure, unadulterated, fun.

I'd recommend taking the Xbow at Mojave boa ascent... There is a big right hander downhill that will put a smile on your face when you floor it

FxUK
01-05-2018, 16:36
A public lobby with no rating, no rules, corner cutting allowed, snow and RX lites.
Perhaps somewhere like brands hatch... and just go for it. For the occasional blast, its a lot of fun.

Other than that, the Caterham 7 is my go to car for some fun, any track, I don't care, I just love how that car drives and the FFB it produces.

Oh, one more...
Setup a multiclass race (with AI) on Nordschleife, based on what cars you like to look at etc, give them all a decent head start and then enjoy the drive and lots of overtaking.

hkraft300
01-05-2018, 16:44
Any group C at Bathurst.
Day-night races at Laguna, Dubai GP and Daytona. LMP3 cars are peachy.

Dry-rain, imola GT1. LMP900 too.

Screaming around in the F50 at Algarve.

Lotus 72D and 78 at Silverstone classic and hockenheim classic. Especially the latter with a spot of rain. Sublime.

I used to hate the 72 in pc1 but it's so much better in pc2.

Diablo at Sugo.

DECATUR PLAYA
01-05-2018, 17:17
Lotus 56 at Daytona oval if you have never driven this car. My buddy kept telling this car had a jet engine and I was like whatever till I drove it. It actually has a jet engine. Sounds like a plane taking off verses a car driving around a track. The guys driving that car had to be insane.

Smoked_Cheddar
01-05-2018, 18:16
Lotus 56 at Daytona oval if you have never driven this car. My buddy kept telling this car had a jet engine and I was like whatever till I drove it. It actually has a jet engine. Sounds like a plane taking off verses a car driving around a track. The guys driving that car had to be insane.

Nearly won the indy 500! They won the pole too! Then those engines were banned, but that team did win the indy 500 the next year with Mario Andretti!

DECATUR PLAYA
01-05-2018, 18:42
Nearly won the indy 500! They won the pole too! Then those engines were banned, but that team did win the indy 500 the next year with Mario Andretti!

Super Mario. One of my fav drivers of all time.

DECATUR PLAYA
01-05-2018, 18:45
Any group C at Bathurst.
Day-night races at Laguna, Dubai GP and Daytona. LMP3 cars are peachy.

Dry-rain, imola GT1. LMP900 too.

Screaming around in the F50 at Algarve.

Lotus 72D and 78 at Silverstone classic and hockenheim classic. Especially the latter with a spot of rain. Sublime.

I used to hate the 72 in pc1 but it's so much better in pc2.

Diablo at Sugo.

F-150 around Algarve. Im about to try that right now.

VelvetTorpedo
01-05-2018, 18:49
turning the center diff off in the bronco and rallycrossing it is fun too

g.stew
01-05-2018, 18:57
Trophy trucks and karts on a short track with snow transitioning to sun. Regular tires so the surface slows you down and the karts are buzzing all around you. Great for practising your awareness and trying not to take out any karts.

Flat-6
01-05-2018, 19:57
I'm a bit bored with PC2 lately, especially the on-line racing. Every time I load the game I kinda sit there, thinking.... what should I do?

There's surely elements of the game that others have discovered that really brings a smile and satisfaction. Maybe specific custom races? Specific cars? Specific career sections/events? Maybe stunts???

Curious what suggestions you may have. Thanks.

Great post. :)

Here is my suggestion:

Try Group 5 at Silverstone Classic. With a track that flows with faster turns but still quite challenging especially with Group 5 cars, this combination can be a blast.

LMP900 at Imola. This is just fun. I like to use the Audi R8 as I find it very stable and fast. I find it to be just a fun track with these cars.

GT4 at Brands Hatch. I am usually in the Porsche Cayman GT4. This is also fun at a much slower pace then the above mentioned. Still fast enough to keep the excitement high.

All of these suggestions are done in race and online. These have been a blast for me and just lots of fun and still challenging. The great thing about this game is the variety of the cars and tracks.

g.stew
01-05-2018, 20:01
I'm not sure if this is still working. With formula rookie, if you get behind another car and run into their rear right with your front left (rear left with your front right), you can launch them high into the air.

MrTulip
01-05-2018, 21:11
Group A, Donington National, Brands Hatch and Oulton Park. Relive the end of 90s with TOCA 2! :cool:

VelvetTorpedo
01-05-2018, 21:23
If you like drifting, Alex Hobbs Street car drift mod pack is a must

Jezza819
01-05-2018, 22:27
I've kind of been thinking the same thing as the OP here recently. Not necessarily because I'm bored with what I mainly do but I thought I should try to broaden my horizons just a bit but it has been VERY frustrating and since I have a very bad temper it doesn't take much to set me off. I've never driven that many road cars so I've tried a few of them but some of them just want to snap sideways under the lightest throttle pressure even with a stable setup so I'll spin those out a few times, get angry and go back to something I know. If I try a Group 6, or Ferrari Challenge, or some other things it just ends with my blood pressure boiling so then I go back to GTE or LMP3.

I think some of my problem is that I don't have a lot of time per night to devote to PCars2, maybe an hour or a little more so I tend to want to spend the most of that time in actual races and not test driving various cars that I've never been in before only to have them make me mad. I've tried to learn some about tweaking things like the diff to try and gain some stability but I still don't really understand what to do so I abandon it. But I also think to myself that so many other people are saying that they're driving solely on defaults even against AI strength of 100 it makes me wonder where I'm missing it and it just fuels my anger even more so then I fall back into GT3, GT4, LMP2, etc. The safe things.

Now I have occasionally strayed out of my comfort zone with some slight success. I can handle the Porsche 935's fairly decently and I've even got the Ford Sierra Cosworth to where it doesn't want to snap my head off each time. But it just feels like I'm only using a small portion of the available cars.

hkraft300
01-05-2018, 22:56
I only get a couple hours on weekends. Sometimes I’ll just go into private test mode and run some laps at my favourite track. I think you should do the same. Try the less common, difficult cars. They’re only difficult from apex to exit. Lotus F1 cars will power oversteer.
What I hate about the road cars is they lack brakes for my liking. Btw, check out the radical road car on trofeo tires at road America.

F-150 around Algarve. Im about to try that right now.

I meant the Ferrari F50 GT1 car. It doesn’t have a lot of aero. 100HP more and a touch less grip from the tires compared to GT3 cars. She’s a dancer.

But sure try the F150 why the hell not!

Malcstar
01-05-2018, 23:07
I'm having fun just jumping into full lobbies and not worrying about my skill rating. Also, using other cars then the go to cars that I normally chose for each class.

DECATUR PLAYA
02-05-2018, 04:22
I've kind of been thinking the same thing as the OP here recently. Not necessarily because I'm bored with what I mainly do but I thought I should try to broaden my horizons just a bit but it has been VERY frustrating and since I have a very bad temper it doesn't take much to set me off. I've never driven that many road cars so I've tried a few of them but some of them just want to snap sideways under the lightest throttle pressure even with a stable setup so I'll spin those out a few times, get angry and go back to something I know. If I try a Group 6, or Ferrari Challenge, or some other things it just ends with my blood pressure boiling so then I go back to GTE or LMP3.

I think some of my problem is that I don't have a lot of time per night to devote to PCars2, maybe an hour or a little more so I tend to want to spend the most of that time in actual races and not test driving various cars that I've never been in before only to have them make me mad. I've tried to learn some about tweaking things like the diff to try and gain some stability but I still don't really understand what to do so I abandon it. But I also think to myself that so many other people are saying that they're driving solely on defaults even against AI strength of 100 it makes me wonder where I'm missing it and it just fuels my anger even more so then I fall back into GT3, GT4, LMP2, etc. The safe things.

Now I have occasionally strayed out of my comfort zone with some slight success. I can handle the Porsche 935's fairly decently and I've even got the Ford Sierra Cosworth to where it doesn't want to snap my head off each time. But it just feels like I'm only using a small portion of the available cars.

A man I know the feeling. I dont know how you play but if you dont use stability control you should. It makes pcars so much easier. You can drive any car on the game with stability control. Most wheel guys dont like and dont use stability control because they feel its effects in the wheel but they also have smoothness in technique where they dont need it. In a lot of other sims and racers you had to turn all the assists off to be fast. Pcars does not work like this. You can be very fast with the stability control on. Trust me. The stability control only kicks on when you put the car in a bad spot. If you drive the car good the stability never kicks on and various features in the stability control are tunable. Is tunable a word anyway. Its some guys out there that are making pcars way harder on themselves than it has to be when you could be racing the fast cars and having fun.

Anyway just my 2 cents.

WellRED Barron
02-05-2018, 04:49
Run the Nordschleife in a new car. Get a clean lap. Change car, season, weather. Run it again until you get a clean lap. And so on.

Any street car on dirt or ice can be a hoot too.

Capture clips and assemble a video of your best/worst driving. Take photos. Some folks did the visual end of the experience. Dunno if it is your cup of tea but worth a try.

hkraft300
02-05-2018, 06:15
... You can be very fast with the stability control on. Trust me. The stability control only kicks on when you put the car in a bad spot. If you drive the car good the stability never kicks on and various features in the stability control are tunable. Is tunable a word anyway. Its some guys out there that are making pcars way harder on themselves than it has to be when you could be racing the fast cars and having fun.

Anyway just my 2 cents.

+1 this also applies to TC and ABS. They won't activate unless you overdo it.

Use the assists if it increases your enjoyment of the racing whether the car has them or not. Not everyone can afford/ accommodate a wheel. Not everyone has mad driving skills.

That being said, the GT1, GTO and all the vintage cars are truly F*ing amazing to drive on any track at any pace. Without assists you feel the car move around. You let it. And it's fun.
The heart-in-mouth feeling when you compression lock sideways into a corner (mistake) with an attacking opponent on your tail and trying not to wreck and hold position... Doesn't get more fun than that.

Jezza819
02-05-2018, 12:51
A man I know the feeling. I dont know how you play but if you dont use stability control you should. It makes pcars so much easier. You can drive any car on the game with stability control. Most wheel guys dont like and dont use stability control because they feel its effects in the wheel but they also have smoothness in technique where they dont need it. In a lot of other sims and racers you had to turn all the assists off to be fast. Pcars does not work like this. You can be very fast with the stability control on. Trust me. The stability control only kicks on when you put the car in a bad spot. If you drive the car good the stability never kicks on and various features in the stability control are tunable. Is tunable a word anyway. Its some guys out there that are making pcars way harder on themselves than it has to be when you could be racing the fast cars and having fun.

Anyway just my 2 cents.

I've got it set to authentic. Most of the road cars I've tried have it I think. That's why I was surprised that the Mercedes AMG GT-R and Camaro SL1 were so tail happy and seemed to break loose in an instant. But I didn't pay any attention if the stability light came on or not but I know the icon was there.

shiftee
02-05-2018, 13:53
great thread, made me take out the BMW M1 procar for a spin. shockingly fun and predictable on loose default, as an added bonus it has the best selection of liveries I've seen for a car.

only downside is the strong reflection the boxy dashboard leaves on the inner windshield.

does this car appear in one of the career series?

DECATUR PLAYA
03-05-2018, 03:06
I've got it set to authentic. Most of the road cars I've tried have it I think. That's why I was surprised that the Mercedes AMG GT-R and Camaro SL1 were so tail happy and seemed to break loose in an instant. But I didn't pay any attention if the stability light came on or not but I know the icon was there.

Authentic turns the stability off. Set assists to full then move TC and ABS to low from high.

Edit: Authenic turns it off in the faster race cars not the road cars. I actually have not driven a road car.

Gloomy
03-05-2018, 05:28
I've been doing the invitational historic events. They're a lot of fun, I recommend trying them if you haven't given them a go yet.

hkraft300
03-05-2018, 07:20
If I haven't said it before, I'll say it again. Group C at Bathurst. Heart in mouth roller coaster ride hanging on for dear life. It's all over like too soon like losing your virginity but then you're flying back up the mountain.

Edit: Authenic turns it off in the faster race cars not the road cars. I actually have not driven a road car.

Maaaate get onto it! Caterham, radical and a few others are amazing.

WellRED Barron
03-05-2018, 08:38
On the other side of the spectrum, turn assists off or to authentic if you don’t usually. Drive road cars!!! The BMW S2000 Turbo is also a delight.

VelvetTorpedo
03-05-2018, 11:09
I ran Group B Renaults at azure coast when they came out, that was fun too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHYXd-6c3ao

APR193
03-05-2018, 11:26
The group b Renault makes for great one make racing (with the circuit setup). 15-20 minute races, standing start, random grid positions instead of qualy, change track and repeat. Endless fun

VelvetTorpedo
03-05-2018, 13:00
I liked it a lot at long beach too, and of course places like oulton and donington

Daz555
03-05-2018, 13:42
A man I know the feeling. I dont know how you play but if you dont use stability control you should. It makes pcars so much easier. You can drive any car on the game with stability control.
Stability control is a mixed bag - as you'd expect when you apply something like that to cars which were not designed with that feature in mind. In many cars it works but in a good few it just causes problems - for example practically slamming the brakes on when you get even a little out of shape and forcing you to almost a complete stop before you were given the chance to recover the slide yourself.

So I use it when it feels right and leave it off when it does not. For some cars like GT3 I sometimes have it on when the tyres are cold to cut down chance of an early mistake but switch it off as soon as they warm up because I prefer driving when the car is getting bent out of shape from time to time.

Atak Kat
04-05-2018, 15:39
So many good suggestions. Thank you all.

I see my weekend should not be boring...