PDA

View Full Version : [FEATURE] Bug or Feature? Brake Temps

Racing4Life
02-05-2018, 08:20
Morning,

We had a lill race with the Porsch 911 RSR yesterday at the full course of Leipzig, and some ppl complained about brake problems, because the temperatures were completely different on the left and the right front.

Here is a screenshot which shows the problem:

Over 100C difference makes braking not that easy, and since you cant adjust the brake ducts individual ... Well, I guess you get the point. :)

hkraft300
02-05-2018, 08:58
That looks to me (it happened to me at Imola and Porsche track) like repeated locking of that front right tire. When it locks, the brake temp doesn't rise.

See how your front right is really worn out?

rich1e I
02-05-2018, 09:12
Yep, the cooler brake is the one you're locking up as there's no friction during lock ups. GTEs have no ABS (at least if you run 'authentic' in game settings) so maybe lowering brake pressure might help. I found, depending on the car, 88 or 90% are fine.

Keena
02-05-2018, 09:49
This is actually quite useful during testing for setup development. Thanks guys, great thread :)

hkraft300
02-05-2018, 10:16
Lowering brake pressure would help, also rear bias but that might make the car a bit scary if you do lock the rears. You'd have to figure out which corners are the culprit and go easy on the brakes there in any case.
Example: imola 2nd to last turn. That downhill brake zone where you're trying to pull the car right for the entry to the square left. Because you're turning slightly right as you get on the brakes, the left side is loaded and the right side unloaded. Less weight -> less grip and the right locks up easy. At imola you end up in the kitty litter.
I'm not familiar enough at the Porsche track but there are a couple brake zones where the right side is unloaded and really easy to lock it.

APR193
02-05-2018, 10:35
Off topic, but that braking zone at Imola is the best braking zone in the game. Especially in a 60s/70s prototype / GT car where the car isn't compeltely planted through the fast right hander, and the brakes aren't as good. You have to be full throttle counter steering for the right hander, and then slam on the brakes ready to turn left while you're steering left and the car is facing slightly right. A fantastic piece of track, and a great feeling when you manage to nail it every 5th lap :p

Racing4Life
02-05-2018, 10:35
Thanks for the info. :)

I didnt had this problem, so I guess my brake pressure was right. ;)