PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory default setups issues compilation

Asturbo
02-05-2018, 08:53
Those who usually play with mandatory setups are having some issues. It has been reported in different threads, but I want to make a compilation to understand the problem on the whole and to comment possible workarrounds for each issue until gets fixed.

Issues with steering ratio for some users Link (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62889-Steering-different-between-offline-and-online-with-forced-setup)

Some players have the problem that the default setup received is not the same that in other game modes. I can't assure the differences, but for some of them, the steering ratio is changed and they have to turn the wheel twice as in TT or solo mode. [WORKARROUND (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62889-Steering-different-between-offline-and-online-with-forced-setup&p=1505094&viewfull=1#post1505094)] This problem looks that can be avoided after patch 5, loading one of the default setups (loose/stable). But this workarround has other negative consecuences...(see point 2)

Anyway, it looks that the original default setups we receive, is different from the other two we can load. We really don't know if there're more differences than the seteering ratio, because the setup is greyed and we can't inspect it.

Loading setups changes the amount of fuel

If you load one of the default setups, you receive a different amount of fuel from drivers who don't do it. The fuel load is higher, but those who are affected with the first issue, have to do it for avoiding the steering issue, and they have to race with more fuel if they want to have good feeling with the car. That looks to confirm that the default received without loading is different from the default you load. Other thing we observed is that loading stable, still looks loose in your UI. I don't know if is an UI problem or that the loose is loaded instead of stable.

Returning to pit increases amount fuel. Link (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58141-Mandatory-Default-Setups-Issue-Different-fuel-loads-in-race-start&p=1474237&viewfull=1#post1474237)

When you use the return to pit option, you automaticaly receive more fuel, so you can't be competitive anymore in the qualifing session. [WORKAROUND] Avoid the return to pit option, and use a pit stop strategy without fuel loading or a small amount of fuel for the qualifing session and make a normal pit stop as if you are in a race.

Different fuel load in starting grid Link (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58141-Mandatory-Default-Setups-Issue-Different-fuel-loads-in-race-start&p=1478120&viewfull=1#post1478120)

From the launch of the game there was a problem with the different fuel load in the starting grid. This problem was partialy solved in the last patches (works in sort races), but it still remains when the fuel tank is not enought to complete the race. In this circumstances each player receives different fuel load, so the pit stop is condicioned by this initial (and random) fuel load. IMO all players should start the race with full tank in this situation.

An Example: Race duration 40 laps, and tank autonomy 30 laps. All players must receive full tank an they can decide when stop between lap 10 and 30 to finish the race. Now some players in this
situation, could receive fuel for 20 laps, and his strategy gets compromised, specially with weather changes. [WORKARROUND] Use cars with big tank to avoid refueling needs, or adjust the race duration to the capacity of the tank. Obviously you can't do this with different cars/classes in the session. In the example if the race is 28 laps, everybody gets the same fuel load.

To much fuel loaded for the race.

The fuel load received for the race is too high (even more if you load any setup). We usually finish the races with 25L. Not a problem in short races because is the same for everybody. But this and previous issues with the fuel with fixed setups, could be avoided allowing players to change fuel load, as you can do for example in strategy. The same with the tyres, because IMO both things should be allowed to change with fixed (it's a strategy option not a setup of the car).

Different tyres for some players. Link (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?60908-Unofficial-issue-list-Post-Patch-4-0&p=1500624&viewfull=1#post1500624)

Not experienced in my community, but some players in the link reported that with fixed, you could receive different tyres than the rest players.

MaximusN
02-05-2018, 10:53
I noticed some of these too in a recent fixed setup race(I hardly ever do them).

It was a Ginetta GT5 race and I noticed that in qualy I had much longer gears than in the race after that. In the race I could easily reach 6th gear(almost redlined it) while I couldn't reach end of 5th in qualy. Biggest difference(I think) is that I opened the setup menu in qualy and found out it was fixed, so I didn't do that for the race.

Asturbo
02-05-2018, 11:04
That's is the problem.

You can't check anything. Usually with fixed, nobody loads setups asuming that are equal for everybody (and this option was not avaliable until patch 5). It could be different to the loose if you load it, but you can't verify it because the option to enter setups are greyed. Even is if you load loose in example, you usually have 25L aditional fuel, and you can't make comparisons with the untouched setup received at the start of the session. Really annoying.

MaximusN
02-05-2018, 11:12
I assume(I know, dangerous) that it's basically the same problem as with normal setups. It's a gamble if your loaded setup remains the same from session to session if you don't touch it. If you want to be sure you have to load it manually every time. Which I find a rather annoying hassle...

I for instance know pretty sure I had the same problem doing a local 'LAN' race at home with a friend in the same Ginetta GT5, but without fixed setups. Qualy was on shorter gears than race, without having touched the setup.

Asturbo
02-05-2018, 11:17
Yes, but if you load Loose i.e. you have issue #2 in the OP. You have 25Kg of aditional fuel that makes you 1" slower. With fixed it's a hard decision to load or not, because you don't know what you get. And you are in disadvantage, just using an option in the game, that is supposed to warrantie same conditions for everybody.

MaximusN
02-05-2018, 11:47
Yes, but if you load Loose i.e. you have issue #2 in the OP. You have 25Kg of aditional fuel that makes you 1" slower. With fixed it's a hard decision to load or not, because you don't know what you get. And you are in disadvantage, just using an option in the game, that is supposed to warrantie same conditions for everybody.
Agreed, but the underlying issue(and it's fix) are probably the same for both. And because not everybody knows this occurs, they will not reload and they will also be at a disadvantage by not getting the custom setup they expect.

rrusso
21-11-2018, 12:19
Those who usually play with mandatory setups are having some issues. It has been reported in different threads, but I want to make a compilation to understand the problem on the whole and to comment possible workarrounds for each issue until gets fixed.

Issues with steering ratio for some users Link (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62889-Steering-different-between-offline-and-online-with-forced-setup)

Some players have the problem that the default setup received is not the same that in other game modes. I can't assure the differences, but for some of them, the steering ratio is changed and they have to turn the wheel twice as in TT or solo mode. [WORKARROUND] This problem looks that can be avoided after patch 5, loading one of the default setups (loose/stable). But this workarround has other negative consecuences...(see point 2)

Anyway, it looks that the original default setups we receive, is different from the other two we can load. We really don't know if there're more differences than the seteering ratio, because the setup is greyed and we can't inspect it.

Loading setups changes the amount of fuel

If you load one of the default setups, you receive a different amount of fuel from drivers who don't do it. The fuel load is higher, but those who are affected with the first issue, have to do it for avoiding the steering issue, and they have to race with more fuel if they want to have good feeling with the car. That looks to confirm that the default received without loading is different from the default you load. Other thing we observed is that loading stable, still looks loose in your UI. I don't know if is an UI problem or that the loose is loaded instead of stable.

Returning to pit increases amount fuel. Link (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58141-Mandatory-Default-Setups-Issue-Different-fuel-loads-in-race-start&p=1474237&viewfull=1#post1474237)

When you use the return to pit option, you automaticaly receive more fuel, so you can't be competitive anymore in the qualifing session. [WORKARROUND] Avoid the return to pit option, and use a pit stop strategy without fuel loading or a small amount of fuel for the qualifing session and make a normal pit stop as if you are in a race.

Different fuel load in starting grid Link (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58141-Mandatory-Default-Setups-Issue-Different-fuel-loads-in-race-start&p=1478120&viewfull=1#post1478120)

From the launch of the game there was a problem with the different fuel load in the starting grid. This problem was partialy solved in the last patches (works in sort races), but it still remains when the fuel tank is not enought to complete the race. In this circumstances each player receives different fuel load, so the pit stop is condicioned by this initial (and random) fuel load. IMO all players should start the race with full tank in this situation.

An Example: Race duration 40 laps, and tank autonomy 30 laps. All players must receive full tank an they can decide when stop between lap 10 and 30 to finish the race. Now some players in this
situation, could receive fuel for 20 laps, and his strategy gets compromised, specially with weather changes. [WORKARROUND] Use cars with big tank to avoid refueling needs, or adjust the race duration to the capacity of the tank. Obviously you can't do this with different cars/classes in the session. In the example if the race is 28 laps, everybody gets the same fuel load.

To much fuel loaded for the race.

The fuel load received for the race is too high (even more if you load any setup). We usually finish the races with 25L. Not a problem in short races because is the same for everybody. But this and previous issues with the fuel with fixed setups, could be avoided allowing players to change fuel load, as you can do for example in strategy. The same with the tyres, because IMO both things should be allowed to change with fixed (it's a strategy option not a setup of the car).

Different tyres for some players. Link (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?60908-Unofficial-issue-list-Post-Patch-4-0&p=1500624&viewfull=1#post1500624)

Not experienced in my community, but some players in the link reported that with fixed, you could receive different tyres than the rest players.

I can confirm that we are having the steering bug in Xbox One

Azure Flare
21-11-2018, 12:26

Did you really have to quote that entire post?

Konan
21-11-2018, 12:52
Did you really have to quote that entire post?

Well your post is taking in valuable space as well....and so is mine now :p

Asturbo
21-11-2018, 13:47
That is a very weair issue, because doesn,'t affect everybody. Only two users in my comunity are experiencing this problem, while others with same wheel don't. The problem only happens online, and after a session transition. Always works well in practice but when they jump to qualy, the wheel ratio changes. The major problem is when you only have qualy & and race, because in qualy goes right, but then in race fails, and then you can't do anything to solve it. Load setups in each session to avoid it, even when you are using default setups (strange I know, but it works in PC).