PDA

View Full Version : Horrible sound (stutter) after patch 5

zzjorzz
02-05-2018, 10:15
After the last patch I have some horrible sound with pc2. For example, when a cars traction control kicks in the sounds stutters en overpowers every other sound (crackling,deforming, distorting?).

Time to reinstall the whole game or a known issue?

I am on OG xbox one.

Ofnir4
02-05-2018, 10:20
Can you take a capture when it happens ? I know TC does that on/off, crackling thing on curbs but the sound issue I do not have.

You can use https://xboxclips.com/ or any other capture viewing site to show us. (the capture has to be public)

zzjorzz
02-05-2018, 13:44
Can you take a capture when it happens ? I know TC does that on/off, crackling thing on curbs but the sound issue I do not have.

You can use https://xboxclips.com/ or any other capture viewing site to show us. (the capture has to be public)

I'll try when I am home and have some time!

zzjorzz
31-05-2018, 22:51
It is indeed when TC kicks in. It gets even worse when you are on the curb when the TC kicks in. In the BMW M6 GT3 it is the worst. Almost unplayeable sound distortion when that happens. Both on PC and on Xbox

Zaskarspants
01-06-2018, 10:34
It is indeed when TC kicks in. It gets even worse when you are on the curb when the TC kicks in. In the BMW M6 GT3 it is the worst. Almost unplayeable sound distortion when that happens. Both on PC and on Xbox

That car has one of the most strident and noticeable sounds when the TC kicks in, it isn't a bug. This is an effect that is noticeable with some cars to a greater or lesser extent with tc active.

In many of the cars tc works by cutting the ignition selectively so not all cylinders have a power stroke, this causes a misfire type sound and is most evident at max slip that may occur on kerbs.

I think some cars have systems that selectively apply brakes on a slipping wheel so they not have the same sound. Reducing the TC setting should tame the effect but you will get less tc, arguably the game defaults to too much tc so try that.

zzjorzz
01-06-2018, 13:46
That car has one of the most strident and noticeable sounds when the TC kicks in, it isn't a bug. This is an effect that is noticeable with some cars to a greater or lesser extent with tc active.

In many of the cars tc works by cutting the ignition selectively so not all cylinders have a power stroke, this causes a misfire type sound and is most evident at max slip that may occur on kerbs.

I think some cars have systems that selectively apply brakes on a slipping wheel so they not have the same sound. Reducing the TC setting should tame the effect but you will get less tc, arguably the game defaults to too much tc so try that.

I would agree, but for the fact it distorts and morphs every other sound when it happens.