PDA

View Full Version : What happend to the GT3 Wets?

TopAirspace
04-05-2018, 01:41
I broke my collarbone a few weeks back and found myself with quite a bit of free time on my hands so i figured I'd try some endurance races,

Lastnight i thought I'd have a crack at the Silverstone 500 (3hr GT3 and GT4 race) with changeable weather from Heavy Cloud > Overcast then finishing off with Light Rain.

The first 2.5hrs went perfectly with me in 3rd untill the rain hit, so i dived in for Wets and then i was nowhere, a full 4 seconds per lap off the pace! I couldn't switch them on at all, i was slipping and twitching all over the place and couldn't come close to being able to match the traction levels of the AI out of the slow turns.. i slipped all the way from 3rd back to last in the final half hour, Mega Frustrating finish..

This was the first experiance I've had in the wet with the latest patch and it was unlike anything id experienced before, Rain has never troubled me in the past.

So has there been an overhaul of the wet weather tyres in the last update? Because it definitely feels like there is an issue regarding grip levels, or perhaps it's more realistic, though the Ai havent been updated to match the now lower grip?

hkraft300
04-05-2018, 07:42
So has there been an overhaul of the wet weather tyres in the last update? Because it definitely feels like there is an issue regarding grip levels, or perhaps it's more realistic, though the Ai havent been updated to match the now lower grip?

Nothing in the patch notes about it (they're limited in detail).
How many AI were on track with you? There's an issue with the handling going haywire on xb1 with too many AI. Rain is also a heavy load and that affects it too I'd imagine.

Also did you have a look at your tire pressures? Found myself in a surprise wet LMP2 race last weekend. I knew it would cool further so I set increased tire pressures for the change. First 2 laps it was really slidey with the tires over inflated but then they came down to about 1.7-1.8 bar and it was much more manageable. I wouldn't set wet tire pressure the same as dry, because the tires run much cooler they end up under-inflated.

UkHardcore23
04-05-2018, 17:07
How many AI were on track with you? There's an issue with the handling going haywire on xb1 with too many AI. Rain is also a heavy load and that affects it too I'd imagine.

Also did you have a look at your tire pressures? Found myself in a surprise wet LMP2 race last weekend. I knew it would cool further so I set increased tire pressures for the change. First 2 laps it was really slidey with the tires over inflated but then they came down to about 1.7-1.8 bar and it was much more manageable. I wouldn't set wet tire pressure the same as dry, because the tires run much cooler they end up under-inflated.

Is that true about the Xbox and Haywire? Surely SMS would just limit the cars so it cannot go haywire?

Stewy32
04-05-2018, 19:42
Is that true about the Xbox and Haywire? Surely SMS would just limit the cars so it cannot go haywire?

The limit is different for every car,track,weather,distance combo so it would be impossible to set one.Also,it is still driveable with full AI,just not quite as good.

hkraft300
05-05-2018, 00:51
Some people on xb1 say it goes completely bonkers, some say it's driveable.

I say you should've got a PlayStation :glee:

TopAirspace
05-05-2018, 04:55

I had 28 cars in total but i was using my One X which had a solid 60fps the whole race so it definitely wasnt the physics slow down, which i am familiar with as i also have a One S (along with a Ps4 Pro)
The wets definitely have a lot less grip now, can someone try a wet GT3 race with the Ai set to a difficulty that they would normally use for a dry race and report back?

Wolkenwolf
05-05-2018, 12:11
wets feel like driving on soap - no fun in it anymore.

Zaskarspants
05-05-2018, 12:27
I just tried Oschersleben with the Ginetta GT3 at 90/100 in a storm and I could keep up with the pack, about the same as the dry.

I am hesitant to say how they have changed as I am not very familiar with this formula.

Zaskarspants
05-05-2018, 16:48
Oschersleben with the Ginetta GT3, wet v dry. Same for me relative to the AI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7QtdYJBUMU

Cholton82
06-05-2018, 20:22
Posted this in another thread but I think it’s more relevant in this one :

Major Frustration . Round 2 of the Global Endurance trophy in the 911 GTE at Silverstone and the rain starts , I’m in p2 and pit for wets which I see go on . Come out and immediately it’s apparent that something is seriously wrong.
My pressures had been set and all looked good on my Pcars dash but it was like being on ice in slow corners. This is the exact setup I tested with in the rain at night at Silverstone as I knew it would rain , the car handled completely differently to the point where this isn’t setup related this is a Major flaw in the physics or live track . Also to note the track temp increases from about 9 degrees up to 25 degrees after it started raining and this is at night lol.

I’ll always look for ways to overcome problems and make sure it’s not my setups but this is an issue / bug for sure

hkraft300
07-05-2018, 23:48
How heavy was the rain?
Light rain at hockenheim classic is bearable. Heavy/ storm I can’t keep it straight down the straights. Car skates everywhere. Too much water, red flag conditions.

Cholton82
08-05-2018, 10:08
How heavy was the rain?
Light rain at hockenheim classic is bearable. Heavy/ storm I can’t keep it straight down the straights. Car skates everywhere. Too much water, red flag conditions.

Not heavy at all , This has happened at Daytona for me also with this strange Soap like feeling in career .Basically it starts raining and I stay out on the Hards for a few laps and then when I start to feel it getting a little loose as the track gets to the point of being wet I pit and put the wets on (I can see visually they go on ) . As soon as I leave the pits they are shockingly bad and barely turn in , The hards would of been better .
I have pit strategies setup and pre selected a wet pit stop even before the race as I knew this happens on this particular career race . Tyre temps are good as they are straight out the blankets and pressures are around the 25psi mark which displays on my Pcars dash.
I also practiced before the race at night and in the rain at very similar temps at Silvestone in this car and it felt great .

I can take any car on a very wet track with no changes to setup and none feel like this did , I have also just ran a race at RBR in the LMP2 WSCC round 1 in the rain and that felt good.

This to me feels like some major issue going off under the hood of the game as you would seriously have to mess up with your setup to get a feeling like this , Also to note the track temp rises from 9 degrees to around 25 degrees real quick and this is in the night and in the rain at Silvestone which is nonsense.

cpcdem
08-05-2018, 13:33
Not heavy at all , This has happened at Daytona for me also with this strange Soap like feeling in career .Basically it starts raining and I stay out on the Hards for a few laps and then when I start to feel it getting a little loose as the track gets to the point of being wet I pit and put the wets on (I can see visually they go on ) . As soon as I leave the pits they are shockingly bad and barely turn in , The hards would of been better .
I have pit strategies setup and pre selected a wet pit stop even before the race as I knew this happens on this particular career race . Tyre temps are good as they are straight out the blankets and pressures are around the 25psi mark which displays on my Pcars dash.
I also practiced before the race at night and in the rain at very similar temps at Silvestone in this car and it felt great .

What were the pressures of the wet tyres? Could it be the setting in the strategy is very high, so you ended up with over inflated tyres, who indeed slide a lot?

Not saying this is definitely the problem, could very well be an inherent issue with the wet tyres in general, just pointing out another reason which could cause this behavior.

Cholton82
08-05-2018, 13:51
What were the pressures of the wet tyres? Could it be the setting in the strategy is very high, so you ended up with over inflated tyres, who indeed slide a lot?

Not saying this is definitely the problem, could very well be an inherent issue with the wet tyres in general, just pointing out another reason which could cause this behavior.

So looking on my Pcars dash the pressures were around 24-25 psi when they went on after the stop and 80 degrees c all round . In my wet pit strategy that I set before the race they are set for around 1.4bar when cold. I normally get a good feeling with this or certainly a manageable one .

Also to note this isn’t on braking it’s when turning in that the car just feels like it’s gliding across the surface with no feel and then exiting the corner the rears feel like trolley caster wheels even with TC down low .

I wish it was an error my end as that’s easier to rectify but this feels like a real problem .
There seems to be a fair few threads and posts about wet weather handling which leads me to think under certain circumstances somethings going wrong . I race on 80/80 settings realistic aids and actually normally enjoy wet weather driving and last night had an LMP2 race in the WSCC at RBR and loved the wet conditions . Hopefully the guys in charge are looking into it

cpcdem
08-05-2018, 14:00
^^^ OK, it's not about pressures then. I will give it a test, since on my machine I was able to reproduce the problem with hard tyres, might be possible to see what you describe with wets, too. Which car were you using and at what ambient/track temps? Also what were the tyre temps? If they were very low, this would be another reason for no grip.

Mahjik
08-05-2018, 14:06
As a test, run a race with the entire race raining (say, 20 minutes, one weather slot, rain). Then do this race again but use two weather slots, dry to rain (enable Sync to Race). See if your lap times differ when you have to pit for wet tires verses when you just start a race with wet tires.

It might help narrow down if you are experiencing an issue with the wet tires in general, or if there something wonky happening during a pitstop.

cpcdem
08-05-2018, 15:55
I did a couple tests out of interest, in RBR with the 488 GT3 (because I know the combo well), at default date (around 35C track temp), 5 AI, 8 laps, 95/60 difficulty, me starting last, with slots cloud, light rain, light rain, light rain.

With -pthreads 4 enabled, at the end of lap 2 I was comfortably first, having overtook the other cars. When it started raining, and we were all on hards, I started losing a lot of grip, while the AI was much faster, so I lost a few places. After we pitted for wets, I was doing around 1.40.5 to 1.41.0, while the best AI was doing 1.39.5

Removed -pthreads 4, now before the rain started I was 2nd place and could not reach first, but that's due to the hards slicks grip problem. When the rain started, on hard tires again the AI was much faster, when we changed to wets the AI was again doing 1.39.5, I was doing 1.41.5 to 1.42.0.

So what I am personally seeing is a slight imbalance of the AI, in this combo they are being relatively faster compared to what they can do in the dry, which indeed after several laps can lead to a big gap to the player. But I did not see a "driving on ice" problem, yes it was slippery out there, but that was to be expected, there were some big puddles out there in the track which was very wet in general. So the handling made sense to me. If course it may be different in other temperatures and/or car/track combos.

Btw, one thing I noticed is that there was A LOT of water for "Light Rain" only. I mean if there's so much water with light rain, then what is to be expected with thunderstorm? I think the water/puddle form up thing really needs to be toned down a lot...

hkraft300
08-05-2018, 16:31
As a test, run a race with the entire race raining (say, 20 minutes, one weather slot, rain). Then do this race again but use two weather slots, dry to rain (enable Sync to Race). See if your lap times differ when you have to pit for wet tires verses when you just start a race with wet tires.

It might help narrow down if you are experiencing an issue with the wet tires in general, or if there something wonky happening during a pitstop.

I think it might be the cpu load problem with the xb1 in effect.
Career race, lots of ai + virtual heavens open up = cpu goes wobbly.

shiftee
08-05-2018, 16:48
I had the same issue, was on career GT3 Snetterton race 1 hour. I started on softs, got to first and rain started. I faded back to 2nd to follow the AI and see when they would pit. I always set up a pit strategy for wets tires only, even though I have NEVER been able to use it so far in career - and I have done every race up to GT3 (excluding karts). So I was actually excited to have to pit for the first time, and see the actual pit animations in career.

rain increased, and 3 laps into raining the AI first place nissan went into the pits. I followed him, verified I got wets on and went back out. Could not take a turn in anything other than 1st gear crawl or car would not turn in time and go into the grass. felt bizarre, and very unnatural. I am positive my VW jetta on crap tires could lap this Ferrari GT3 on wets, which does not seem right to me. so i went from 1st to last and was left with a bad taste in my mouth - like I wasted an hour of my life. my psi was 25 on all wheels on wets, night race. I don't think this is limited to GT3 either, I have been in the rain in other cars unable to drive on wets. Some cars are just undriveable in wet, and I have to retire and move on. Its a bummer too, because the cars that feel good in the rain and a blast to race! I don't mean easy either, you have to adjust but the physics make sense and so its fun to try and keep it together in the rain. this GT3 was not that.

Aquaplaning could be toned down on human drivers also (especially smaller puddles), I don't remember it being so bad at launch. especially when AI does not even feel puddles.

As for the rain accumulating too fast, I noticed this in custom races - it might be due to synched to race, and if the race is short enough it speeds up the rain accumulation? I had light snow on custom race once and 5 seconds into it there were puddles everywhere, was strange. same thing with light rain, the track looked like a monsoon hit it. but in career, I don't think I have seen this issue. In Pcars1, light rain you stayed out on the track as it was not enough to have to pit. I prefer it that way, then when it started really coming down you better get a change in!

cpcdem
08-05-2018, 17:22
my psi was 25 on all wheels on wets, night race. I don't think this is limited to GT3 either, I have been in the rain in other cars unable to drive on wets.

What was the tyre temp? Could be that they were very cold. I once had an online race with the Bac Mono in the rain and it was indeed completely undriveable, but that was because it was very cold and the tyres were at like 10C degrees...In which case it explains why they were undriveable, although I am not sure if it is like that in reality, too.

Cholton82
08-05-2018, 19:03
^^^ OK, it's not about pressures then. I will give it a test, since on my machine I was able to reproduce the problem with hard tyres, might be possible to see what you describe with wets, too. Which car were you using and at what ambient/track temps? Also what were the tyre temps? If they were very low, this would be another reason for no grip.

Porsche GTE
Not sure on the exact temps but itís cold , track temp is around 9 degrees but strangely increases to around 25 degrees c ( at night in the rain This should not happen ).

My tyre temps were 80 all round as they had come straight out the blankets in the pitstop.

As I entered the pits on Hards I was comfortable and could of maybe done another lap , when I exited the pits on wets the grip was zero in slow corners . No feel just slide out wide .

I have had the same thing at Daytona in the WSCC in the Audi GT3 .

Both cars with there respective setups have been tested by myself in the same conditions or near as I could and drove perfectly well in the wet .

Iím not sure whether this is something that is happening in certain career races and not in quick race mode .

cpcdem
08-05-2018, 20:24
I just checked the wets in very cold temps (winter in RBR, 9C) and they were more or less ok to me even when they got cold. Yeah, not much grip in slow corners etc, but depending on how wet the track is (and from what I see usually it is A LOT), I think it's to be expected. Are you using TC? It's much more difficult without it...But if you say that in other races they felt fine to you and now with the same conditions you have no grip, then maybe something is off but happens only under specific circumstances.

Are you sure it's not just an AI thing, it being on similar pace with you in the dry, but when in the wet it becomes suddenly a lot faster or slower? I'd really not want to be in the place of the devs who are responsible for it, it must be so extremely difficult calibrating this with so many available cars and so many levels of grip possible while the tracks gets more and more wet...

Cholton82
08-05-2018, 20:47
I just checked the wets in very cold temps (winter in RBR, 9C) and they were more or less ok to me even when they got cold. Yeah, not much grip in slow corners etc, but depending on how wet the track is (and from what I see usually it is A LOT), I think it's to be expected. Are you using TC? It's much more difficult without it...But if you say that in other races they felt fine to you and now with the same conditions you have no grip, then maybe something is off but happens only under specific circumstances.

Are you sure it's not just an AI thing, it being on similar pace with you in the dry, but when in the wet it becomes suddenly a lot faster or slower? I'd really not want to be in the place of the devs who are responsible for it, it must be so extremely difficult calibrating this with so many available cars and so many levels of grip possible while the tracks gets more and more wet...

Yeah I have tried the GTE Porsche in cold conditions and on a wet track , even left the car so the temps dropped right down and it feels ok and as expected.
I use TC and lowered it to around 4-5 in the tricky conditions .

As for an Ai thing I find at 80 in the wet races and dry itís a good balance for me with me being better at some tracks I prefer and others Iím just not suited to.

Itís not that I canít keep up with them when this strange occurrence happens It just plainly feels broken . Like having wets on the rear and skiís on the front .
Iíve had brilliant wet races on this game before even with transitional weather in career .

Lord of the Racing
10-05-2018, 06:07
I got the same ďniceĒ experience in Sakitto race of the GT3 championship with the Aston Martin Vantage GT3. Free trial was dry and I did the best time . Qualify started to rain and with wets tyres the car was undrivable sliding too much that I qualified last with more than 2 seconds from the driver before of me. To be sure I spent some additional time in the free practice with same track and weather condition adjusting more and more the car set up but without find a real consinstent improvement. I can understand that it is possible that my performance in wet conditions decrease but not with this level of deterioration in comparison to the AI. It seems as the wet tyers performance for the player were changed meanwhile the AI did not got the same adjustment so under the rain they are like rockets compare to you.

Kitt
10-05-2018, 20:18
I got the same “nice” experience in Sakitto race of the GT3 championship with the Aston Martin Vantage GT3. Free trial was dry and I did the best time . Qualify started to rain and with wets tyres the car was undrivable sliding too much that I qualified last with more than 2 seconds from the driver before of me. To be sure I spent some additional time in the free practice with same track and weather condition adjusting more and more the car set up but without find a real consinstent improvement. I can understand that it is possible that my performance in wet conditions decrease but not with this level of deterioration in comparison to the AI. It seems as the wet tyers performance for the player were changed meanwhile the AI did not got the same adjustment so under the rain they are like rockets compare to you.

agree, AI are driving like the tracks dry and my car feels like i'm on ice

Zaskarspants
11-05-2018, 09:53
Forgive me for posting this again. I do not experience an issue with gt3 wets.
Default loose, wet v dry, AI 90/100, no driver assists.
Difficult, I had to be very very careful with the throttle but in both cases I could just keep up with the back of the AI. 90/100, my usual setting for gt3.

I certainly don't feel as if I am driving on ice or soap as others do above. This is heavy rain and I drive through many puddles, you do need to watch out for the car being pushed off line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7QtdYJBUMU&t=193s

Cholton82
11-05-2018, 10:31
Forgive me for posting this again. I do not experience an issue with gt3 wets.
Default loose, wet v dry, AI 90/100, no driver assists.
Difficult, I had to be very very careful with the throttle but in both cases I could just keep up with the back of the AI. 90/100, my usual setting for gt3.

I certainly don't feel as if I am driving on ice or soap as others do above. This is heavy rain and I drive through many puddles, you do need to watch out for the car being pushed off line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7QtdYJBUMU&t=193s

My problems with the ďIcey or soapy feelĒ seeming to occur after the weather changes from dry to wet , I can pit For wets when the track is at the crossover part from dry tyres and come out with absolutely zero grip at the front . I would have more grip if I stayed out on the slicks albeit for a short while.

Zaskarspants
11-05-2018, 10:37
My problems with the “Icey or soapy feel” seeming to occur after the weather changes from dry to wet , I can pit For wets when the track is at the crossover part from dry tyres and come out with absolutely zero grip at the front . I would have more grip if I stayed out on the slicks albeit for a short while.

I have not tried going in to the pits during a transition. I have never even done a pit stop for a tyre change !
I dont have xbox privileges today as my other half has a xbx priority day but I will try to repeat when i can.

Cholton82
11-05-2018, 11:12
I have not tried going in to the pits during a transition. I have never even done a pit stop for a tyre change !
I dont have xbox privileges today as my other half has a xbx priority day but I will try to repeat when i can.

I love that , No Xbox Privileges :applause: .
Iím going to try one tomorrow that is a quick race at Silvestone , ambient temps cold and at night to see if I can recreate what happens in the Global endurance championship at that round.
Ive had some great racing in the wet and definitely made successful pit stops in changing conditions to good effect before , not sure if I these problems Iím having now are maybe something that came with patch 5.

shiftee
11-05-2018, 14:26
I have now seen 2 more rain/snow pitstops in my GT3 career, and they were actually ok (still major imbalance of AI to human on wet tracks). Now that I am used to GT3 I am up to 100/100 for AI (way higher than my normal), I worked my way up to 1st 9 sec ahead when rain started on sprint 'ring, stayed out as long as I could on softs - went back out on wets (over inflated them this time since it was a night race again), and was able to make it around ok. The AI caught up and passed me by 26 sec by the time the race ended (1 hour), but it felt more realistic on my side. was at least driveable.

The other race, snow started and I managed to hold off some of the AI for 4th place. I think the original issue I had (and OP) was a bug, but not sure what happened to make it undrivable after going to the pits. unless the tire temps were so low it just broke the tire model, because driving on 4 blown tires would still have been more effective. wasn't there a bug in Pacrs1 early on where the wrong tire was put on the car in pits even though telemetry said wets were on? I hope I don't see it again, I'm nervous every time I pit for weather now - I used to love weather racing and pitting in pcars1!!!!

Regardless of this issue, the AI definitely needs a rebalance in wet conditions though, or humans need the slip and slide toned down a bit to keep up. really ruins the immersion to see them zip along without a care in the world, puddles be damned.

graham228221
12-05-2018, 17:10
ran the Tier 2 WSCR race at Daytona yesterday in the 911 GT3. Dry start, rain starts about halfway through and continues to the end. Running 103/75 AI.

I was second when the rain started, keeping a comfortable pace against the AI. Pitted for wets a couple of laps after most of the field, although some of the other GT3 cars stayed out as long as I did.

As soon as I was on the Wets, it really was like driving on ice. No brakes, sliding wide constantly. Getting through the chicane on the oval was ridiculous. Was getting easily passed by everyone before I stacked it into the barriers and had to pit for repairs.

The tyre did seem very over inflated at 1.81 bar, they very slowly came down and it seems marginally better but that might have been me getting used to it.

I did another dry-to-wet career race a few weeks ago before Patch 5 (the GT3 UK cup race at Snetterton), and it seemed fine - great fun, in fact!

Cholton82
13-05-2018, 11:09
ran the Tier 2 WSCR race at Daytona yesterday in the 911 GT3. Dry start, rain starts about halfway through and continues to the end. Running 103/75 AI.

I was second when the rain started, keeping a comfortable pace against the AI. Pitted for wets a couple of laps after most of the field, although some of the other GT3 cars stayed out as long as I did.

As soon as I was on the Wets, it really was like driving on ice. No brakes, sliding wide constantly. Getting through the chicane on the oval was ridiculous. Was getting easily passed by everyone before I stacked it into the barriers and had to pit for repairs.

The tyre did seem very over inflated at 1.81 bar, they very slowly came down and it seems marginally better but that might have been me getting used to it.

I did another dry-to-wet career race a few weeks ago before Patch 5 (the GT3 UK cup race at Snetterton), and it seemed fine - great fun, in fact!

Had exactly the same problem at this race in the WSCC and also Silvestone in the GEC just how you describe it.
I have just ran the Nurburgring Sprint race round 2 of the German GT3 championship and the race starts dry and turns wet and it works perfect .

CSL-Drive
13-05-2018, 19:06
Uhm just entering the pits doesnt change ur tire tho, maybe you were driving on slicks. But I doubt that. Tho yes. Driving on wet is hard, especially if the weather or track progression is accelerated, puddles pop up, and on console you cannot see puddles, i tested. On pc you can only see puddles, like really the full formation of puddles, size and depth, up to 12 meters, you can only see them if all settings are on max/ultra. Even changing seemingly unrelated graphics options like shadows to set it lower, the puddles dissapear for some odd reason. To learn how to go through the puddles at even 90% the speed of the ai, needing perfect entry and launch direction and entry speed, etc, you need to practice allot in a well soaked track in heavy rain. The ai seem to go thru the puddles perfect everytime at max speed.

The thing is, driving on dry is equally hard as rain, but we are more experienced on dry. Thats what makes it so hard to drive on wet. I often made rain lobbies, and people left the moment they realized it was raining. Racers hate rain. It seems to indicate a blessing for the soil, and the end of the sport of racing. I personally wish there was a rain motorsport division, Formula Wet, lmao.

Cholton82
13-05-2018, 21:18
Uhm just entering the pits doesnt change ur tire tho, maybe you were driving on slicks. But I doubt that. Tho yes. Driving on wet is hard, especially if the weather or track progression is accelerated, puddles pop up, and on console you cannot see puddles, i tested. On pc you can only see puddles, like really the full formation of puddles, size and depth, up to 12 meters, you can only see them if all settings are on max/ultra. Even changing seemingly unrelated graphics options like shadows to set it lower, the puddles dissapear for some odd reason. To learn how to go through the puddles at even 90% the speed of the ai, needing perfect entry and launch direction and entry speed, etc, you need to practice allot in a well soaked track in heavy rain. The ai seem to go thru the puddles perfect everytime at max speed.

The thing is, driving on dry is equally hard as rain, but we are more experienced on dry. Thats what makes it so hard to drive on wet. I often made rain lobbies, and people left the moment they realized it was raining. Racers hate rain. It seems to indicate a blessing for the soil, and the end of the sport of racing. I personally wish there was a rain motorsport division, Formula Wet, lmao.

I can definitely see puddles on console , This isnít a problem with driving in the wet as Ive done lots of wet races on PC2 but a problem occurring at certain tracks in career mode , Iíve ran a few tests now and know which races in career cause problems after patch 5.

hkraft300
14-05-2018, 08:39
I can definitely see puddles on console , This isn’t a problem with driving in the wet as Ive done lots of wet races on PC2 but a problem occurring at certain tracks in career mode , I’ve ran a few tests now and know which races in career cause problems after patch 5.

+1
Can definitely see puddles on ps4. Accelerated weather too. Which surprised me, because I was wondering how they'd make it visible on console. Shimmering blobs of pure evil.
Might be that some career races rain too much and it becomes red flag conditions that the wet tires can't handle.

Cholton82
14-05-2018, 17:11
+1
Can definitely see puddles on ps4. Accelerated weather too. Which surprised me, because I was wondering how they'd make it visible on console. Shimmering blobs of pure evil.
Might be that some career races rain too much and it becomes red flag conditions that the wet tires can't handle.

I’ve found the icy feel coming straight out the pits just as it starting to rain and almost still good enough for slicks , as it gets wetter is feels just as bad . However in the GT3 championship (the German one ) it’s been fine at both Oshershleiben and Nurburgring with transitional weather . I just don’t know anymore and think the Daytona WSCC race and Silvestone GEC race are borked .

hkraft300
15-05-2018, 00:04
I’ve found the icy feel coming straight out the pits just as it starting to rain and almost still good enough for slicks , as it gets wetter is feels just as bad . However in the GT3 championship (the German one ) it’s been fine at both Oshershleiben and Nurburgring with transitional weather . I just don’t know anymore and think the Daytona WSCC race and Silvestone GEC race are borked .

That’s happened to me. I set tire pressures during qualifying and in the race got wet tires at ~2.5 bar. Nightmare.
Now I set pressures in the race ready screen. When I come out of pits I still have to be a touch careful but the tire grips up after a lap or so.

Grip on wet tire in the rain is a vague term. It’s still bloody slippery. Anything but light rain on modern tracks is really hard to drive in this game.