PDA

View Full Version : Add "Change Tyres" to the ICM UI

ryand111
05-05-2018, 20:23
I think we've all been caught out by the "Recommended" feature in the pit strategy menu, the problem is if you forget to change this then you're stuck all race not being able to change tires until they're toast. Could you please make it possible to change the pit strategy while driving to save the frustration of getting into a race and not being able to do anything about it.

Tar Heel
05-05-2018, 22:51
I think we've all been caught out by the "Recommended" feature in the pit strategy menu, the problem is if you forget to change this then you're stuck all race not being able to change tires until they're toast. Could you please make it possible to change the pit strategy while driving to save the frustration of getting into a race and not being able to do anything about it.

You can as already change your tires in the ICM?

hkraft300
06-05-2018, 08:30
You can change your tires in the ICM?

Can adjust fuel, request repairs, choose compound. Basically make on the fly adjustments to existing saved strategies.
You want to save your pit strategy still beforehand.

ryand111
06-05-2018, 13:41
Yes you can change what type of tire you run using the ICM, but what you can't change is the position of what tires of changed "front", "rear, "all", and "recommended". So if you go into a race with "recommended" selected in your pit strategy you have to wait until the tires are fully worn before the pit crew decide to change them which is far from ideal.

hkraft300
06-05-2018, 14:39
I personally think that “recommended” should not be an option at all.
In the ICM if you select a strategy and choose a compound they should give you the bloody tires.

Mahjik
06-05-2018, 18:03
Yes you can change what type of tire you run using the ICM, but what you can't change is the position of what tires of changed "front", "rear, "all", and "recommended". So if you go into a race with "recommended" selected in your pit strategy you have to wait until the tires are fully worn before the pit crew decide to change them which is far from ideal.

The pit crew will change them whenever you request it. It's just that you have to pit for them to change them. i.e. if you are on "Recommended", you have to actually "change" the pit strategy to Hard/Soft/Wet or whatever you want to force they are changed. Otherwise, you are asking the "crew" to make the choice for you when keeping "Recommended".

ryand111
06-05-2018, 20:55
The pit crew will change them whenever you request it. It's just that you have to pit for them to change them. i.e. if you are on "Recommended", you have to actually "change" the pit strategy to Hard/Soft/Wet or whatever you want to force they are changed. Otherwise, you are asking the "crew" to make the choice for you when keeping "Recommended".

Just tested this and you're right. I still think it isn't very clear and causes a fair bit on confusion catching people out, plus the way to fix this isn't obvious.