PDA

View Full Version : How to work the pedals like a pro

Akbertelsen
07-05-2018, 17:18
So pc2 fans. I have a g29 and just bought it two weeks ago so I'm still learning. But how do you work the pedals? Do you brake with your left or right foot? I use automatic shifting because I'm still learning and driving a real car vs pc2 with g29 there is a huge difference. So how do you guys use your pedals??

Also I'm always looking for clean online races witch is hard to come by. Add me you drive clean akbertelsen

Also is it witch or which?

AbeWoz
07-05-2018, 17:29
i left foot brake as its faster (for me) and I can modulate brake and throttle in the corners to help it rotate.

Cladandadum
07-05-2018, 17:35
I would recommend manual shifting. In my opinion, it gives you better control.

Akbertelsen
07-05-2018, 17:38
I got enough on my plate right now just controlling the car with the g29 so for the moment I think I'll stick with automatic

Topsie
07-05-2018, 21:30
You will pick it up pretty quickly - go manual ASAP

davidt33
07-05-2018, 22:41
G29 here too. I used automatic gear shifting for the longest while until I realised all the top guys in TT used manual shifting so I just dived in one day, changed to manual gear shifting. It took some getting used to but got accustomed as I practiced more with it. It comes natural after a while. Now I can't go back to automatic (gear) shifting. I use the paddles for shifting BTW. Much easier to me than having to use the foot pedal clutch and a hand clutch shifter. One less thing to have to focus on.

As for the brake and accelerator pedals, I used to use just the one right foot...again for the longest while....and again until someone advised two feet are better than one. Left foot for brake....right foot for accelerator. You get accustomed to it after a while with practice and is much faster. Comes natural with use just like manual gear shifting (with paddles for me).

simsimsheree
07-05-2018, 22:53
Go manual on the paddle shifters, but with auto clutch. Best of both worlds. Short shifting is an integral part of driving, especially when you can't use TC or SC. But when the stupid car decides for you when you have to shift, you can't do that. Or recognize when you need to hold a gear as you go into a steep climb, or use the engine to help brake a bit on descents, etc., etc..

It is rare to find a track where your car's automatic shift points keep you as fast as doing it by hand.

davidt33
07-05-2018, 22:57
Go manual on the paddle shifters, but with auto clutch. Best of both worlds. Short shifting is an integral part of driving, especially when you can't use TC or SC. But when the stupid car decides for you when you have to shift, you can't do that. Or recognize when you need to hold a gear as you go into a steep climb, or use the engine to help brake a bit on descents, etc., etc..

It is rare to find a track where your car's automatic shift points keep you as fast as doing it by hand.
Couldn't have said it any better. Cheers.

hkraft300
07-05-2018, 23:54
Throw yourself in the deep end. Youíll be surprised how fast you learn.
Left foot brake. Youíre used to using your right foot in real car but youíll get the feel for it quickly. It took me 15-20 hours before it starts to feel right.
Go manual with the pedals. Assign a button for auto-clutch and use it for the classic h-shift cars only. Everything else, use the clutch pedal on take off and flat shift.

My brake sensitivity is 30 and clutch 70.

Donít give up. I spent the first 3-5 hours crashing, yet having the time of my life :glee:

Short shifting is an integral part of driving, especially when you can't use TC or SC. But when the stupid car decides for you when you have to shift, you can't do that. Or recognize when you need to hold a gear as you go into a steep climb, or use the engine to help brake a bit on descents, etc., etc..

+1
Youíll shift better and use your pedals better instinctively if you go manual.

Zaskarspants
08-05-2018, 10:30
I use shifter and clutch or paddles ( shifter sequential if car is) and whilst it is a pain at first it only takes a few hours of frustration to master.
I may be faster, it is certainly more fun.

I am a right foot stopper and I manage to blip down changes using my own mutant heel and toe system that sort of works but I think I do need to transition to left foot. I cracked the pedal foot rest area a few months ago slamming my foot down as I swapped my right to brake and accelerator.

I strongly recommend a shifter, it is fun using the same change method as the car.

Akbertelsen
08-05-2018, 13:53
Okay awesome, as all of you recomed useing manual gearbox. I'll give it a try with the paddles����

hkraft300
08-05-2018, 16:22
I canít coordinate the paddles and clutch for shifts, for the life of me. Only on take-off. I donít have a h-shift for my g29 but I daily a manual car.

Anyway, you can flat shift the sequential cars. No clutch/ autoclutch required (youíll have to work your clutch manually on takeoff.

davidt33
08-05-2018, 16:45
I canít coordinate the paddles and clutch for shifts, for the life of me. Only on take-off. I donít have a h-shift for my g29 but I daily a manual car.

Anyway, you can flat shift the sequential cars. No clutch/ autoclutch required (youíll have to work your clutch manually on takeoff.
If my memory serves me right, I think you have to set Clutch to Automatic in the game's main menu "Controls" settings for the gears to shift automatically although using paddles for manual shifting. Something like that. Otherwise you need to assign a button for engine starting etc in case you are at a standstill, stall or whatever. Should be in the respective description.

Akbertelsen
08-05-2018, 19:07
Awesome thanks