PDA

View Full Version : Penalty given for overtaking someone in the pits on Spa

larsryst
07-05-2018, 18:03
The other night I joined an online race on Spa and got a bit wide on the exit of the chicane.
Before I came to cross the line I got a message to return my position to someone who simply wasn't there.
I looked around, slowed and turn to the side just in case I missed something but no, there was no other car anywhere near me on track though there was one in the pits so I continued.
Consequently I recieved a drive through which I had to serve. This can't be intentional by the game so maybe something to look into?

MaXyM
07-05-2018, 19:49
wasn't over there a driver who went to pits? Then it might been a corner case when the game evaluated your move while other drivers was heading pitlane.

larsryst
07-05-2018, 21:00
Possibly,

Mahjik
08-05-2018, 01:43
Save the replays and post them here when something like that happens. It's impossible to know if the right or wrong thing happened without being able to see the replay.

cpcdem
08-05-2018, 03:00
I tried to reproduce this, by creating a custom events with only 3 laps and mandatory pit stops. When some of the AI cars pitted at the end of the first lap, I went on purpose off the track as I was gaining places, but did not manage to get it to tell me to give a position back. I only was given the usual warning to slow down.