PDA

View Full Version : Single player puddle work-around/exploit/bug

Keena
08-05-2018, 16:38
In single player if the puddles prove a nuisance-

select PAUSE, select VIEW REPLAY, no need to watch it so select BACK, select RESUME.

Hey presto the puddles are gone. They'll grow again in a few laps but if its driving you mad in career mode (geddit) its a work-around.

Its what I would classify as a bug but I'll leave it for others to determine that and post it in the patch 5 bug list if appropriate.

Seelenkrank
08-05-2018, 16:48
*lol*?

:single_eye:

cpcdem
08-05-2018, 17:30

select PAUSE, select VIEW REPLAY, no need to watch it so select BACK, select RESUME.

Hey presto the puddles are gone. They'll grow again in a few laps but if its driving you mad in career mode (geddit) its a work-around.

Its what I would classify as a bug but I'll leave it for others to determine that and post it in the patch 5 bug list if appropriate.

I confirm that, very easy to reproduce and definitely a bug IMO, needs to be added to the bugs list thread.

Asturbo
08-05-2018, 17:43
That's a good one. Here we go...

Keena
08-05-2018, 17:48
Here we go...

Indeed. Its worth clarity!
This is not a commentary on whether or not we approve of wet track behaviour. That's been done to death and I'm sure we're all sick of hearing each others views. Lets not rehash those because we'll all lose the will to live. Its just pointing out something that may be useful to be aware of either to use or to avoid.

Nuff said!

Asturbo
08-05-2018, 17:55
@Keena, sorry but probably I didn't express very well. My english is terrible and probably didn't use the right words. I used an spanish sentence that probably means other thing in english. I was trying to say that I'm going to update the list with the issue you've reported. Something like "let's do it" or similar in response to cpcdem asking for add the bug to the list.

Anyway, that trick would have been very useful for me in trajectory, because in some events was nearly impossible for me. Perhaps SMS have to leave that until the puddles gets relaxed :rolleyes:

Keena
08-05-2018, 18:39
Sorry Asturbo. I misunderstood but its probably not a bad thing to say anyway ;)
I only noticed it today by accident doing a wet Silverstone in the ginetta juniors career. I wanted to see myself flying through the puddles in replay in glorious whoop whoop I'm a driving god mode, but the puddles disappeared when I got back from my mid race self congratulatory ego massage so I was intrigued.. I kind of like them ;) They work with the ginetta junior but if its not a wet setup expect lots of Oh Sh*t moments.. lots of fun! Nice tight power diff and its great to power out of the slower corners sideways. And I won :) On 100% :)

cpcdem
08-05-2018, 18:39
Tonight I am gonna check if this works in multiplayer as well :)
Not sure if it is possible to pause and quickly watch a replay while racing in online, too...

Asturbo
08-05-2018, 20:03
They work with the ginetta junior but if its not a wet setup expect lots of Oh Sh*t moments.. lots of fun! Nice tight power diff and its great to power out of the slower corners sideways. And I won :) On 100% :)
In carreer mode there is one race with the BWM M3 in Imola that is totaly impossible after 3 laps because the puddles. I have to downgrade the AI to ridiculous level to pass this event.

Tonight I am gonna check if this works in multiplayer as well :)
Not sure if it is possible to pause and quickly watch a replay while racing in online, too...
Probably you can't do it during the race, but in the qualifing when the track is flooded it could be a hack to have "only wet" tarmac without puddles.

cpcdem
08-05-2018, 21:59
Probably you can't do it during the race, but in the qualifing when the track is flooded it could be a hack to have "only wet" tarmac without puddles.

From what I see, there's no way to view a replay during online qualifying or racing, so fortunately this exploits does not seem to exist for online :)

2010 Synergy Camaro
09-05-2018, 19:49

God Bless You, Keena!! This has been a nuisance for me since the game released and for some reason the drainage issues in career mode has been ignored and unresolved. However, If someone mentions a pixel out of place you will even see the head of studio chime in and a hot fix implemented once resolved. I believe game functionality should be first to resolve and game appearance last.

Keena
09-05-2018, 20:18
:) I kind of like having to find better lines in the wet so im not really using it except as you say in situations where the race would in reality be red flagged. In that sense you can kind of treat it as a restart in your imagination in order to justify the action taken ;)