PDA

View Full Version : Still no fix, Major Bug

CSL-Drive
12-05-2018, 08:19
Since release, I tried playing on joystick, without any assists, as I do on every sim. However, I had massive difficulty. Some further investigation, and I noticed, there is a 50% OUTER DEADZONE on the left thumbstick, used for steering left and right. So half input gives full steering.

How do I get the developers attention, so they can become aware of this bug, and fix it. I don't know anyone, including all the game reviewers, did not mention realizing that this bug exists, even tho it is such a major bug. And it exists on ps4 and pc equally, i did not test xbox one.

hkraft300
12-05-2018, 09:00
Literally the entire world, including all game reviewers, did not even come close to even realizing that this bug exists...

So. Just you, then?
The only one in the world suffering this major bug?

RomKnight
12-05-2018, 09:01
Well, I think that if no one else noticed it it's 99.999% sure to be an issue on your side and I bet it's some configuration you made.

Can you post your controller configs here so others that use similar HW can help?

TheSimGirl
12-05-2018, 09:20
Since release, I tried playing on joystick, without any assists, as I do on every sim. However, I had massive difficulty. Some further investigation, and I noticed, there is a 50% DEADZONE on tye left thumbstick, use for steering left and right. So half input gives full steering

Are you sure your settings are correct?

Deadzone is how much input is needed before any movement begins to happen.

Steering sensitivity is what you're referring to.

Check your settings. Read the description for steering sensitivity and it will explain the direction in which you should move the slider. Also, under "game options", read the description for "opposite lock" which may help to improve your level of control.

Mad Al
12-05-2018, 09:30
Since release, I tried playing on joystick, without any assists, as I do on every sim. However, I had massive difficulty. Some further investigation, and I noticed, there is a 50% DEADZONE on tye left thumbstick, use for steering left and right. So half input gives full steering.

How do I get the developers attention, so they can become aware of this bug, and fix it. Literally the entire world, including all game reviewers, did not even come close to even realizing that this bug exists, even tho it is such a major bug. And it exists on ps4 and pc equally, i did not test xbox one.

Playing with a "joystick".. would be nice to mention what joystick you are talking about, wouldn't it. If you are using a PS4, I'd assume you are using the factory supplied DS4 (is it the 4, can't remember and don't own a current gen console), which you may want to look in the PS4 section for some clues (and ask the specific question about) and for the PC version, if you are using the same controller, I'd suggest you look in the PC tech support area and find a few of the posts that refer to the Dwayne's DX wrapper.. like this one http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?53139-Xbox-360-Controller-no-change-to-sensitivity-when-making-adjustments-to-the-settings

And it actually sounds like you are talking about overly sensitive steering, not a deazone… so what are your settings ? Sensitivity at 100 should make the steering very sensitive around the centre and less so towards the end of the joystick travel

hkraft300
12-05-2018, 11:11
http://youtu.be/pa14VNsdSYM

CSL-Drive
12-05-2018, 11:28
Hi, I would like to clarify, the deadzone is from outside. So 25% input is 50% in the game and 50% input is 100% in the game. Proof that it's a bug below, first some reason why no one noticed.

The reason no one in the world noticed, is because the standard controller settings has a 95% SPEED SENSITIVITY and allot of controller dampening (65%).
Remove this speed sensitivity and any control dampening and you get full steering control, which makes it instantly noticable and impossible to play on a joystick unlike project cars 1 and every other sim racing title I have ever played on the joystick, where I can play this way.

I tried this with many different controllers, including xbox 360 and xbox one controller on 3 different windows 10 gaming pc's and gaming laptops, also ps4 controller on the ps4 version of project cars 2. Also tried ipega controllers just for the sake of it.
Project cars 1 on pc and ps4 does not have this bug, and every other sim racing title I know that exists on pc and ps4. On all controllers.

PROOF THAT THIS IS A BUG:
If you set steering to the right thumbstick, the 50% deadzone from the outside to the center, doesn't exist. So this is obviously not an intended design feature.

Plus most people leave the assists on so this further diminishes the chance of people noticing. So if you stand still, you can test this for yourself. Regardless of settings, standing still gives you 100 steering capability, and ul see the steering locks at 50% inpit. After 50 input the steering wheel wont steer any further = 50% accuracy. I know reviewers who say this game is too difficult, and that is mostly due to extreme inacuracy of the steering on joystick. 50% inacuracy. And so many professional reviewers say this game is more difficult than project cars 1 and can hardly be played on a joystick. Being super simulation heavy. This is simply not true, because if you remove this bug, this game can be equally played on a controller as much so as any other sim racing title. And I know, cause I have played every sim racing title on a joystick that I know exists. Even go as far back as gtr 2.

Anyway, if you happen to have a joystick, feel free to test it out, 50% thumbstick input is 100% steering in game. 50% deadzone from the outside to the inside.

CSL-Drive
12-05-2018, 11:33
http://youtu.be/pa14VNsdSYM

Lol

TheSimGirl
12-05-2018, 12:16
Hi, I would like to clarify, the deadzone is from outside. So 25% input is 50% in the game and 50% input is 100% in the game. Proof that it's a bug below, first some reason why no one noticed.

The reason no one in the world noticed, is because the standard controller settings has a 95% SPEED SENSITIVITY and allot of controller dampening (65%).
Remove this speed sensitivity and any control dampening and you get full steering control, which makes it instantly noticable and impossible to play on a joystick unlike project cars 1 and every other sim racing title I have ever played on the joystick, where I can play this way.

I tried this with many different controllers, including xbox 360 and xbox one controller on 3 different windows 10 gaming pc's and gaming laptops, also ps4 controller on the ps4 version of project cars 2. Also tried ipega controllers just for the sake of it.
Project cars 1 on pc and ps4 does not have this bug, and every other sim racing title I know that exists on pc and ps4. On all controllers.

PROOF THAT THIS IS A BUG:
If you set steering to the right thumbstick, the 50% deadzone from the outside to the center, doesn't exist. So this is obviously not an intended design feature.

Plus most people leave the assists on so this further diminishes the chance of people noticing. So if you stand still, you can test this for yourself. Regardless of settings, standing still gives you 100 steering capability, and ul see the steering locks at 50% inpit. After 50 input the steering wheel wont steer any further = 50% accuracy. I know reviewers who say this game is too difficult, and that is mostly due to extreme inacuracy of the steering on joystick. 50% inacuracy. And so many professional reviewers say this game is more difficult than project cars 1 and can hardly be played on a joystick. Being super simulation heavy. This is simply not true, because if you remove this bug, this game can be equally played on a controller as much so as any other sim racing title. And I know, cause I have played every sim racing title on a joystick that I know exists. Even go as far back as gtr 2.

Anyway, if you happen to have a joystick, feel free to test it out, 50% thumbstick input is 100% steering in game. 50% deadzone from the outside to the inside.

I've tried to duplicate your issue and I can't. I have full control. The main issue I saw was turning off speed sensitivity (0) and dampening (0), the car instantly was uncontrollable. Put them back to stock, and much better.

My test was on an Xbox One with the standard controller.
0 and 50 steering sensitivity
0 and stock damp/speed sensitivity.

Either way, the wheel never stopped turning at the 50% mark. It stopped around 10% which was probably the deadzone.

I loaded the Cadillac GT3 car and changed the steering ratio (suspension settings) to match what I use with a wheel. 12.5

Have you tried adjusting the steering ratio?

Zaskarspants
12-05-2018, 12:39
I would not advise adjusting anything in the game until you are happy with the way your control device is functioning, wheel, pedals, joystick or pad.

I think you should only adjust the functions that apply to your control device or errors could multiply.

When I started playing pcars2 my g920 pedals started to get the noisy potentiometer issue after a year of hammering with dirt rally/ dirt4. It comes on slowly and I had learned to live with it. The problem causes random high frequency input spikes. For weeks I tuned this out with weird dead zones and saturation settings degrading my experience of the game. I discovered this when I did eventually fix the input problem with the pedals, readjusted things and suddenly I could brake much more accurately.

Mad Al
12-05-2018, 13:40
What have you got steering sensitivity set to ?

If you have it at 100, put it on 50 which is linear.

I have tried just about every combination of settings and they do what they should in terms of sensitivity, speed sensitivity, dead zone and damping.

CSL-Drive
12-05-2018, 19:16
I've tried to duplicate your issue and I can't. I have full control. The main issue I saw was turning off speed sensitivity (0) and dampening (0), the car instantly was uncontrollable. Put them back to stock, and much better.

My test was on an Xbox One with the standard controller.
0 and 50 steering sensitivity
0 and stock damp/speed sensitivity.

Either way, the wheel never stopped turning at the 50% mark. It stopped around 10% which was probably the deadzone.

I loaded the Cadillac GT3 car and changed the steering ratio (suspension settings) to match what I use with a wheel. 12.5

Have you tried adjusting the steering ratio?
It's not suppose to have any deadzone from the outside at all, not even 10%.

Also, the setup is irrelevant for this bug I'm experiencing on several devices, because the right thumbstick doesnt have an outer deadzone of 50% for steering, only the left thumbstick. Atleast for all the devices and joystick controllers ive tested.

CSL-Drive
12-05-2018, 19:18
What have you got steering sensitivity set to ?

If you have it at 100, put it on 50 which is linear.

I have tried just about every combination of settings and they do what they should in terms of sensitivity, speed sensitivity, dead zone and damping.
First of all, why try all the combinations, not necessary. I'm talking about a outer deadzone of 50% for the left thumbstick, regardless of setup, but just saying you can't test this is if you have 95 speed sensitivity, unless, ofcourse, your car stands still.

Ye steering sensitivity just makes the center more sensitive or not, it doesn't change or define input required for reaching full wheel lock. Also, I'm not sure about xbox one version, as I dont have one. Tried on ps4 slim, and many different joysticks and many different gaming pc's and laptops. The deadzone doesnt apply to the right thumbstick. Only to the left, and only on project cars 2 and not 1. Neither every other racing sim on the planet.

Mad Al
12-05-2018, 19:20
For the third time of asking, what do you have the sensitivity set to ?

CSL-Drive
12-05-2018, 19:32
I would not advise adjusting anything in the game until you are happy with the way your control device is functioning, wheel, pedals, joystick or pad.

I think you should only adjust the functions that apply to your control device or errors could multiply.

When I started playing pcars2 my g920 pedals started to get the noisy potentiometer issue after a year of hammering with dirt rally/ dirt4. It comes on slowly and I had learned to live with it. The problem causes random high frequency input spikes. For weeks I tuned this out with weird dead zones and saturation settings degrading my experience of the game. I discovered this when I did eventually fix the input problem with the pedals, readjusted things and suddenly I could brake much more accurately.
Ye I don't advice changing settings either, and I had the same on G29, which is kind of the same wheel.

Also to mention, you can test this without changing anything in settings. Just plug in a controller, joystick, classic thumbstick controller, xobx 360 controller, xbox one controller, ps4 controller, a controller that people use to sit on the couch, kick up their legs and play video games, with your 2 thumbs, moving your left thumb to left or right, on the left thumbstick for left or right steering.

And if you steer halfway to the left or right, and the game gives a full steering input, it's a bug. And I would love someone to confirm this or confirm that they don't have the bug. To make it even easier, press the left arrow button on your controller twice, and on the bottom left of your screen you can accurately see how much the wheel is turning left or right on your telemetry interface while on track in the game.

Hope that helps, and thanks in advance.

CSL-Drive
12-05-2018, 19:35
For the third time of asking, what do you have the sensitivity set to ?

I tested it on 0%, 25%, 50%, 100%.

Currently it is on either 0% or 50% on my liquidsky computer, unless, as it often does, resets the game, then it's 25% standard I think.

On my laptop I think it's 25%.

On my gaming desktop I either do 0%, or leave it on 25% and just play on standard settings alltogether, cause with this bug it's unplayable to have my own prefered setup anyway.

PS: i mostly play on my tgt wheel, 50% sensitivity, incase that is what you ment to ask.

CSL-Drive
12-05-2018, 19:56
Well, I think that if no one else noticed it it's 99.999% sure to be an issue on your side and I bet it's some configuration you made.

Can you post your controller configs here so others that use similar HW can help?
I've testing on many many devices, clean installs, fully updated devices, gaming devices, gaming pc's, gaming JOYSTICK controllers of all kinds, even android controllers, on gaming laptop pc's, bluetooth xbox one controllers, on windows 10 64 bit fully updated nvidia gaming pc's, android controllers on netbooks using liquidsky, ps4 controllers on sony xperia using liquidsky, ipega on samsung s6 using liquidsky. Xbox 360 wired controller, and xbox one wireless, on many different devices with bluetooth, including gaming laptops, fully updatped. Did I say I tested ps4? All clean installs pc or ps4, or laptop, or netbook, or tablet, or phone, or iphone.

And I tested this on project cars 1 aswell, it works there fine. Also the right thumbstick doesn't have a outer deadzone of 50% on all these devices.
I also tried GTR 2 for some reason, it works there fine.
iRacing aswell. No idea why but even assetto corsa works fine. Which is weird. Like you woulden't think then dirt 1 and 2 would work, but even 3 and 4 and rally works for some reason.
Then I thought, ok f1 2011 wont works. But I was really confused when f1 2012 and 2013 and 2014 and 2015 and 2016 and 2017 alslo works fine. Strange. So I went back to gran turismo 4 on the ps3, I thought, nah this game wont work, but it did. Even GT 5 and 6 worked. Just weird. And when you think you can't get any more lucky, I thought GT sport must have an outer deadzone of 50% on the left thumbstick. But I even tried the gyroscope steering, and ffs, it works perfectly! What am I god or something? So I thought, ok you wanna play hard? Alright, let's go, I installed automobilista. And it also doesn't have a 50% outer deadzone on the left thumbstick. Then I got in the big guns, and downloaded rfactor 2. And I was blown away, it also didn't have a 50% outerdeadzone on the left thumbstick. By This point I only had one real option, left and all bets were in. RaceRoom Racing experience also didn't have a 50% outer deadzone on the left thumbstick. I was devestated...
I crawled back into my bed, weeping, and trying out world rally championship 6 and 7, because there was no point anymore anyway... It also didn't have a 50% outer deadzone on the left thumbstick.
And then it occured to me. Like the god of thunder struck me from the sky, with divine inspiration. I HAVEN'T TESTED GTA V YET!

CSL-Drive
12-05-2018, 20:03
Are you sure your settings are correct?

Deadzone is how much input is needed before any movement begins to happen.

Steering sensitivity is what you're referring to.

Check your settings. Read the description for steering sensitivity and it will explain the direction in which you should move the slider. Also, under "game options", read the description for "opposite lock" which may help to improve your level of control.
I ment a 50% outer deadzone, it is not related to any of the ingame settings, not the inner deadzone that you can change from the controller options in the game. Also sensitivity just refers to center wheel sensitivity, it does not define input required to achieve full wheel lock, which is the bug in question. I'm not sure what is causing the bug, as I don't even know how to look at all the code, let alone understand any of it, nor even have any awareness of any laws which might hinder me from even trying to see the code. Incase that's even a thing.

Mad Al
12-05-2018, 20:05
Well if you get the same input on 0 through 100 on the steering sensitivity, there is something very wrong with your setup. That only changes linearity and on 100 it does look very much like you get close to 100% steering at 50% input.. at 0 on the other hand you should get very little initial motion with stick movement and lots at the very end of the travel.

I certainly have never had a 50% dead zone at the end of the stick (on either a 360 or a One pad) and i'm fairly sure those of us who were testing all through development would have noticed something that obvious.

Frankly, your preferred 0 for SSS and damping is a non starter... I personally run 80 on SS, 60 on damping, 7 deadzone and 17 steering sensitivity, which suits most cars fairly well.

CSL-Drive
12-05-2018, 20:16
Well if you get the same input on 0 through 100 on the steering sensitivity, there is something very wrong with your setup. That only changes linearity and on 100 it does look very much like you get close to 100% steering at 50% input.. at 0 on the other hand you should get very little initial motion with stick movement and lots at the very end of the travel.

I certainly have never had a 50% dead zone at the end of the stick (on either a 360 or a One pad) and i'm fairly sure those of us who were testing all through development would have noticed something that obvious.

Frankly, your preferred 0 for SSS and damping is a non starter... I personally run 80 on SS, 60 on damping, 7 deadzone and 17 steering sensitivity, which suits most cars fairly well.
I know I dont really compete or play online like that, but I have had real good times on assetto corsa playing that way, and pc1, but yeah cant even try it out due to 50% outer deadzone. And mostly I'm talking about good time in terms of fun, hehe. I love the full control joystick, cause it's so relaxing you get into the zone much more easily. Anyway can't really try it out very well, as it's nearly impossible with the 50% outer deadzone. I even got the ps4 version, cause I thought it might be allot less likely to have the bug, and turns out it has the exact same bug. Not even the same controller, ps4 controller cant even be used on the pc. Like, how unlucky can I get... Complete unlucknesslyniness. xD

Anyway I give up, I am the only girl the world. cyall hf good day