PDA

View Full Version : Gears settings/ratios change in-between sessions

davidt33
16-05-2018, 00:10
Don't know if anyone's mentioned or noticed before but I've noticed at times recently this has happened. Here's the scenario:
Saved setup is loaded. No changes have been made to gears settings so they are default 1-5 or 6 depending.

Double-check setup prior to practise etc. to ensure the saved setup is loaded. Glances at gears (in "GEAR RATIOS" section). All seem to be intact. Practice or qualifying starts, do X amount of laps....so far so good.

.....Now here's the strange part. Just before the next session starts (Qualifying and/or Race), on returning to pit while there's time to double-check setup I take a gander at the gears (amongst other stuff) to see if anything looks off (this is because of similar occurrence before). Lo and behold, the gears are all off, out of whack.
....Gear 1 may read one number, gear 2 may read another number or the same as gear 1....and gears from 3 to 5/ 6 (or whatever are the last 3 gears) all read the same number. Example, the gears are not descending in ratios as they had been or should be. They are totally off.

To get the gears back to how they were initially, if I were to reload the same saved setup everything would be back to as they were saved. The issue repeats at the next interval. I repeat reload process accordingly and proceed.

I'm on PS4 console and not sure if it's a PS4 console issue or has happened on other platforms.
I've been mainly racing online in private lobbies and have noticed it at times. Seems to happen not all times but some times.

So I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this, if it is a bug or what....or am I just losing my marbles?

cpcdem
16-05-2018, 00:24
Yes, I am also seeing this very often, in the PC. Looks like a visual problem only, but it is quite alarming :). As you say, I workaround this by completely exiting the tuning screen, entering it back and loading again the currently loaded setup.

poirqc
16-05-2018, 00:27
Don't know if anyone's mentioned or noticed before but I've noticed at times recently this has happened. Here's the scenario:
Saved setup is loaded. No changes have been made to gears settings so they are default 1-5 or 6 depending.

Double-check setup prior to practise etc. to ensure the saved setup is loaded. Glances at gears (in "GEAR RATIOS" section). All seem to be intact. Practice or qualifying starts, do X amount of laps....so far so good.

.....Now here's the strange part. Just before the next session starts (Qualifying and/or Race), on returning to pit while there's time to double-check setup I take a gander at the gears (amongst other stuff) to see if anything looks off (this is because of similar occurrence before). Lo and behold, the gears are all off, out of whack.
....Gear 1 may read one number, gear 2 may read another number or the same as gear 1....and gears from 3 to 5/ 6 (or whatever are the last 3 gears) all read the same number. Example, the gears are not descending in ratios as they had been or should be. They are totally off.

To get the gears back to how they were initially, if I were to reload the same saved setup everything would be back to as they were saved. The issue repeats at the next interval. I repeat reload process accordingly and proceed.

I'm on PS4 console and not sure if it's a PS4 console issue or has happened on other platforms.
I've been mainly racing online in private lobbies and have noticed it at times. Seems to happen not all times but some times.

So I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this, if it is a bug or what....or am I just losing my marbles?

On PC, from personnel experience.

Gear ration display, in the garage, gets messed up everyone and then. It's been like that in pCars 1 and 2. But it seems it only affects the number shown. Changing the ratios of specific gears by a click or two give the expected results.

It's cumbersome to use, I agree.

davidt33
16-05-2018, 00:50
Thanks for the feedback. Quite informative. At least now I know it's just not me.
I'm not too sure it's just cosmetic though. I recall one time while on track it seemed like I couldn't go faster than say gear 3. Something seemed wrong. When I pitted to check stuff I just happened to notice the gears were all messed up as described. The gears were not able to be manually adjusted as wouldn't pass certain stuck numbers (I happened to have the screenshots of the setup I used for double-checking). After a bit of shock I think I exited, re-entered, reloaded or whatever and managed to get back just in the nick of time before race start. That was probably the first time I noticed and was scary. So I've now become compelled as though OCD in double-checking numerous times and always taking a gander at the gear numbers for a clue that the numbers are not out of whack.

cpcdem
16-05-2018, 01:01
A couple of times it has happened also to me, than in a race say 4th and 5th gear had the same ratio, so I had to shift directly from 4th to 6th. I suspected that I had accidentally changed the ratios myself in the setup, as it is very easy by having the wheel slightly rotated to change accidentally the setup option in focus. But now that you mention it, maybe it was not my fault after all and it was due to the bug you reported. Can't be certain either way though.

Raklodder
16-05-2018, 01:06
Most of the time you can change it once without an issue, but if you come back and want to change or return to the previous value, then you'll have a problem.

davidt33
16-05-2018, 01:32
Probably this is one for @Asturbo (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?62916-Asturbo) to add to the bug list.

cpcdem
16-05-2018, 01:50
Probably this is one for @Asturbo (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?62916-Asturbo) to add to the bug list.

Yeah, agreed. Worth including also the report I had made about it some time ago:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?59766-Game-loads-different-setups-during-laps-or-pit-stops&p=1458715&viewfull=1#post1458715

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?59766-Game-loads-different-setups-during-laps-or-pit-stops&p=1459300&viewfull=1#post1459300

davidt33
16-05-2018, 02:36
Yeah, agreed. Worth including also the report I had made about it some time ago:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?59766-Game-loads-different-setups-during-laps-or-pit-stops&p=1458715&viewfull=1#post1458715

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?59766-Game-loads-different-setups-during-laps-or-pit-stops&p=1459300&viewfull=1#post1459300
Strange indeed. At least you were getting different numbers but yet descending numbers.
In mine (when it happens) I'm getting in gears 3 to 5 all the same number, eg: Gear 3: 1.000, Gear 4: 1.000, Gear 5: 1.000.
That's how I know it's gone funky because I wouldn't off the bat remember what the ratios were.

Asturbo
16-05-2018, 11:37
Added in the gameplay settings section....

cpcdem
16-05-2018, 12:37
Strange indeed. At least you were getting different numbers but yet descending numbers.
In mine (when it happens) I'm getting in gears 3 to 5 all the same number, eg: Gear 3: 1.000, Gear 4: 1.000, Gear 5: 1.000.
That's how I know it's gone funky because I wouldn't off the bat remember what the ratios were.

Yeah, I am also seeing the same thing, gears 4,5 and 6 all 1.000. See the last (4th) screenshot in my post:

Added in the gameplay section, but I don't know if fits better in UI....

I also think it belongs to the UI section.

davidt33
16-05-2018, 16:50
Yeah, I am also seeing the same thing, gears 4,5 and 6 all 1.000. See the last (4th) screenshot in my post:

I also think it belongs to the UI section.
Yup. That last screenshot in the series is what it pretty much looks like. Weird.

davidt33
20-06-2018, 10:49
This issue is still occurring. Noticed it again just yesterday post-patch 6.

cpcdem
20-06-2018, 13:46
This issue is still occurring. Noticed it again just yesterday post-patch 6.

Yeah, I also see it all the time.

Raklodder
20-06-2018, 13:50
Aye, same annoying UI bugs are still in the game, breaks when going back to change it.

TekNeil
20-06-2018, 15:10
Yep, same issue here. It's actually cost me a couple of races. Just got to double check things while this bug is around. It's a pretty annoying one!

KANETAKER
20-06-2018, 15:15
This is one of the reasons why before a race I must reload the setup to check that everything is in order, but with the risk that in some lobbies to delay loading the setup, check and save the setup again , the host (and the other players) can kick me out of the session for not having them patience, even though there is 2 minutes of waiting time before the race.

Especially for the other problem that still exists: The fact that the more setups have a single car, the time of loading and saving a setup will be growing as you create more setups for that same car, requiring in some cases more than 30 seconds to load or save a setup. In my case this happens with the Toyota TS040 to be the car that I use most in the game and that time of loading and saving has cost me valuable time in some sessions, losing the classification in case of having entered just minutes before end the session, or be kicked out of the session by making adjustments before the race during the 2 minutes of waiting time.

On the other hand, the consequences of having the wrong gears are usually serious. Once I lost a race on Daytona Road that in the papers I should have won with ease, because I had done the Pole Position with almost 2 seconds ahead of the rest, but in the race I noticed that my Porsche 911 GT3 was without 2nd gear, so when going down directly from 3rd to 1st gear it involved spinning all the time, and when running the whole race without the first 2 gears involved slower than my rivals, losing the race and several license points ... .

TekNeil
20-06-2018, 15:28
That must have been horrible without 2nd gear in that car. I also ended up without 2nd gear in the Renault Clio's.

the host (and the other players) can kick me out of the session for not having them patience, even though there is 2 minutes of waiting time before the race.

That's a trend I'm seeing too, and not a good one. I often find that with 1-2 minutes to go, there may be one or two guys who haven't hit 'ready' and everybody votes to kick. Not fair, it's a couple of minutes for gods sake.

davidt33
20-06-2018, 16:40
That must have been horrible without 2nd gear in that car. I also ended up without 2nd gear in the Renault Clio's.

That's a trend I'm seeing too, and not a good one. I often find that with 1-2 minutes to go, there may be one or two guys who haven't hit 'ready' and everybody votes to kick. Not fair, it's a couple of minutes for gods sake.
Might not be a bad idea for the devs to extend the waiting time to 3 minutes IMO. The 2 minutes as is goes by pretty quickly.

KANETAKER
20-06-2018, 18:11
Might not be a bad idea for the devs to extend the waiting time to 3 minutes IMO. The 2 minutes as is goes by pretty quickly.

It would be good for SMS to disable the "Vote Kick" option during that waiting period before the race to avoid abuses by impatient players and hosts, as there have rarely been cases where there are really players in AFK status after the qualifying session.

That way the hosts can not break their own rule of waiting time before the race. Or in their absence they will have to create races without waiting time in case of being very impatient, although in this case it would be good if the game could warn of a better way about there will be NO waiting time between the Classification and the race.

simsimsheree
20-06-2018, 21:34
Abusive hosts have ruined this game. Now there's no way for a host to police a clean room, and two troll friends can effectively block any kick action on each other.

The correct solution would have been a host variable qualy/race period. Apparently too much bother for our devs. So let's just block hosts from kicking at all... :rolleyes:

davidt33
24-09-2018, 11:42
Hi @Asturbo (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?62916-Asturbo) , I've been keeping an eye on this as usual every time in pit in-between sessions and before races, casting an eye on the gears to see if anything looks off and for a while now haven't been seeing the issue reoccurring. So probably it's been fixed sometime between patch 6 and 7.