PDA

View Full Version : Classic Monterrey Stock Car - Why was it dropped?

Gregz0r
18-05-2018, 12:05
I was watching Days of Thunder the other day, and I remembered liking the Classic Stock Car in PC1. I then discovered that it's missing in PC2... Why, when it was(I think) a fictional car?

Bealdor
18-05-2018, 12:08
Most likely licensing related.
Maybe NASCAR said "You want our real Ford Fusion in the base game? Then get rid of that fake 90's Caper."?

But that's just speculation from my side.

RacingAtHome
18-05-2018, 12:20
Most likely licensing related.
Maybe NASCAR said "You want our real Ford Fusion in the base game? Then get rid of that fake 90's Caper."?

But that's just speculation from my side.

If that was the case, then why would they allow the car to be added to PC1?

Bealdor
18-05-2018, 12:22
If that was the case, then why would they allow the car to be added to PC1?

Because the Ford Fusion was added later via DLC I guess.

Malcstar
18-05-2018, 12:25
Hell yeah, drove that car around Laguna seca for ages until I was satisfied keeping up with the ai @ 100%. I would literally come home from work and hit it like it was personal. Freaking aggravating and fun at the same time. I was only able to get to 3rd after 15 laps. I remember my qualifying not being so great. Very fun car!

Mahjik
18-05-2018, 13:09
There was never any information provided as to why some PC1 cars did or did not return for PC2. That information was kept internally to SMS and will likely stay that way...

Stewy32
18-05-2018, 18:29
For those that did or did not return here is some speculation:
RWD and Marek LMP1 and LMP2:Class fillers.
FA:It's an F1 car.
FC: Nice junior single seater.
FR: Good beginer car...and everyone loves Formula Ford.
As you can see the 3 most popular junior categories are represented there.
125cc Kart: Replaced with 100cc kart.
FB: Unpopualr,and halfway between FA and FC,both of which were better.
Old FC: The model looked older.
250cc Superkart: Hardly seen in IRL Motorsport.
Caper: Anyone's guess.Probably licensing,AI issues or lack of popularity.

Tank621
18-05-2018, 19:09
From what I have heard NASCAR do like to jump on anything that resembles a Stock Car and claim that it's a NASCAR so that might be it

Apparently that's also why there aren't any career or invitational races with the Fusion because NASCAR like to jump on that as well and claim that it's trying to copy NASCAR

Tbh sometimes I feel like SMS should just get a liscense for ARCA just to annoy NASCAR

balderz002
18-05-2018, 20:03
I would rather have had the Caper over the Fusion, personally.

But SMS are onto a loser either way since its a polarizing subject......

KANETAKER
18-05-2018, 20:15
For those that did or did not return here is some speculation:
RWD and Marek LMP1 and LMP2:Class fillers.
FA:It's an F1 car.
FC: Nice junior single seater.
FR: Good beginer car...and everyone loves Formula Ford.
As you can see the 3 most popular junior categories are represented there.
125cc Kart: Replaced with 100cc kart.
FB: Unpopualr,and halfway between FA and FC,both of which were better.
Old FC: The model looked older.
250cc Superkart: Hardly seen in IRL Motorsport.
Caper: Anyone's guess.Probably licensing,AI issues or lack of popularity.

And what about the case of the Aston Martin DBR1-2? That car despite its age (an LMP1 of 2009 vs. the other LMP1 of the PCars1) was one of the favorites in its class, becoming even faster than the Audi R18 TDI 2011 in the hands of skilled players. Unfortunately SMS did not consider it for PCars2 even if it was in a separate category (the 4 LMP1 of PCars2 would have been "LMP1-H" and both the Aston Martin DBR1-2 and the Audi R18 TDI would be "LMP1" only).

RacingAtHome
18-05-2018, 20:20
I would rather have had the Caper over the Fusion, personally.

But SMS are onto a loser either way since its a polarizing subject......

I'm pretty sure it was based on the Chevrolet Lumina anyway. Get that car and some of its rivals for a Vintage NASCAR class.

3800racingfool
19-05-2018, 04:44
I'm pretty sure it was based on the Chevrolet Lumina anyway. Get that car and some of its rivals for a Vintage NASCAR class.

Heck with that, gimme some of those 80s body styles.

Mmmmm Monte Carlos and TBirds :a

Stewy32
19-05-2018, 10:37
And what about the case of the Aston Martin DBR1-2? That car despite its age (an LMP1 of 2009 vs. the other LMP1 of the PCars1) was one of the favorites in its class, becoming even faster than the Audi R18 TDI 2011 in the hands of skilled players. Unfortunately SMS did not consider it for PCars2 even if it was in a separate category (the 4 LMP1 of PCars2 would have been "LMP1-H" and both the Aston Martin DBR1-2 and the Audi R18 TDI would be "LMP1" only).

I was only doing fictional cars.
For the Aston Martin,itwas quicker than IRL easily.Also,it would have been outdated and LMP1-H may be the category plan for the 2016 cars.Also,Audi may no longer have licensed the R18 TDI meaning it would be alone.And the RWD and Marek aren't really proper Hybrids so why should they have a "H"

KANETAKER
20-05-2018, 19:34
I was only doing fictional cars.
For the Aston Martin,itwas quicker than IRL easily.Also,it would have been outdated and LMP1-H may be the category plan for the 2016 cars.Also,Audi may no longer have licensed the R18 TDI meaning it would be alone.And the RWD and Marek aren't really proper Hybrids so why should they have a "H"
Stewy32, I received a PM of you, but I can't reply because you have disabled the option for can send you any PM...

Azure Flare
20-05-2018, 21:03
I find it strange it was removed, even though it was there in the early days of the beta. There was even a drift version of it.

KANETAKER
21-05-2018, 05:25
I find it strange it was removed, even though it was there in the early days of the beta. There was even a drift version of it.

Is the same case for the other cars mentioned in this thread and that were not included in the final version? Because in itself, some weeks before the official list of cars and tracks confirmed for the release of PCars2 was revealed, most players assumed that in PCARS2 we would see both the same cars and tracks already existing in PCars1 along with the new tracks and cars that would released for PCars2, as well as those tracks and cars that for various reasons could not be included in the final version of PCars1 (Indianapolis, Daytona, Indy Cars oval spec, SPA and Monza Classic). Therefore, for a certain number of players it was a disappointment to have noticed that despite the large number of new cars, SMS has eliminated a few old cars.

Stewy32
21-05-2018, 06:39
Stewy32, I received a PM of you, but I can't reply because you have disabled the option for can send you any PM...
You should be able to.I didn't disable it so if you try again it may work.

cpcdem
21-05-2018, 06:59
You should be able to.I didn't disable it so if you try again it may work.

Maybe you have a full inbox? There appears to be a limit of 100 messages.