PDA

View Full Version : PC2 freezes immediately after qualification online ends

vwpolo
19-05-2018, 14:53
I don't know if someone has reported this somewhere else, but please fix this bug.
It happens frequently online.
in a multiplayer lobby you are completing the last lap when the qualifications just ended so your lap time is still good.
as soon as you pass the finish line that would set the end of your qualifications, the game freeze and you have to close the application and restart.

Rodgerzzz
19-05-2018, 16:21
Happens a lot to me as well... sometimes it stutters and you can spam the Start button to return to pit box but others it freezes entirely. I've stopped completing laps after qualifying has technically ended on the clock to avoid any issues.

Sankyo
19-05-2018, 17:25
How are your PS4s connected to the internet?

SCClockDr
19-05-2018, 17:38
I do what Rodgerzzz does.

Hilazza
19-05-2018, 18:45
How are your PS4s connected to the internet?

Its nothing to do with connections. The same thing has been happening to me since the recent patch.

It doesn't occur with any other game. Pre 5.0 nothing like this ever happened when setting a lap in the minutes when qualifying ends.

Atak Kat
20-05-2018, 08:08
I have the same issue since patch 5. Almost every online quali. If the timer runs out and you are on a lap, when you go over the finish it goes into a stutter or slow motion thing.
I've never had it fully freeze and require a restart though. So far I've been ablate go back to the pit box each time.
I'm on PS4 Pro though. Maybe the need for restart is somehow linked to PS4?

Edit: This happened again today, but this time it did freeze and was not recoverable. Had to close the game, and restart. It's the first time it has fully frozen on me, so I guess my comment about PS4 vs PS4 Pro is not relevant.

Sampo
20-05-2018, 11:36
And it doesn't happen with offline races?

Atak Kat
20-05-2018, 12:38
for me, never. only online.

Dave White
21-05-2018, 13:34
I thought this was a known issue - I'm pretty sure I've seen it discussed in this forum before. It's common enough that in our group we have a rule that you're not allowed to cross the finish line after the time runs out.

KiLo146
21-05-2018, 13:40
Freezes for me as well. So I never complete my laps after the clock hits 0:00. Just return to pits and wait for the race. That stopped the freezes, but of course it’s not ideal if you put together a purple lap but can’t finish it because of the glitch. Thankfully the workaround is pretty apparent after 2-3 freezes. I’m sure it’s being worked on.

Asturbo
21-05-2018, 13:52
I thought this was a known issue - I'm pretty sure I've seen it discussed in this forum before.

Yes, it happens after Patch 5, and it was passed to the devs some weeks ago:

[NEW] Frozen after qualifing session Link (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62739-Frozen-screen-at-the-end-of-the-qualifying-session-in-multiplayer)

simsimsheree
23-05-2018, 02:24
I'm getting the issue... but not a complete freeze. Just very stuttery video and weird FFB on the wheel after I cross the line at the end of Qualy. I simply hit Option, and do a 'Return to Pits' and it all clears up.

Have you guys tried that? Are you all on PS4 (not Pro)?

Atak Kat
23-05-2018, 04:46
I'm getting the issue... but not a complete freeze. Just very stuttery video and weird FFB on the wheel after I cross the line at the end of Qualy. I simply hit Option, and do a 'Return to Pits' and it all clears up.

Have you guys tried that? Are you all on PS4 (not Pro)?

In my case, I was exactly the same as you. I could always return to pits like you suggest, and I'm on PS4pro. However, the other day it froze completely for me and nothing worked except to fully restart. First time that full freeze happened.

Konan
23-05-2018, 04:51
In my case, I was exactly the same as you. I could always return to pits like you suggest, and I'm on PS4pro. However, the other day it froze completely for me and nothing worked except to fully restart. First time that full freeze happened.

Like simsimsheree said the best thing is to hit "return to pits" button BEFORE the timer reaches zero...

simsimsheree
23-05-2018, 06:44
Like simsimsheree said the best thing is to hit "return to pits" button BEFORE the timer reaches zero...

Actually, no, I didn't say that. So far, I have never had a total freeze, and if you do it before the line, your lap doesn't count (so why do it in the first place?). I have always done it after the line.

I may change that if I get a total freeze, and the advice might be different if you are host (some seem to say the total freeze is a host only thing?), but so far, I have always been able to complete the lap, get the time, and then do the Option>Return to Pits thing.

Truth is, that's what I always used to do, anyway (little point in watching the AI drive your car around after the line is crossed!), so my workflow hasn't changed one bit. Plus, I like to get into the pits ASAP so I can adjust fuel for the race and doublecheck if mandatory pits, full damage, etc., just in case the host has set the room to go straight from qualy to race with no intermediary time. I've been caught out on that a few times!

Konan
23-05-2018, 11:46
Well i have witnessed a lot of people getting freezes when they don't go to pits before the timer runs out...

simsimsheree
25-05-2018, 19:36
Well i have witnessed a lot of people getting freezes when they don't go to pits before the timer runs out...

Guess I've been lucky so far!

Probably the best solution at the moment is to instruct all to pit before the timer runs out, or park, or not cross the line at all, then.

But we probably need to do a bit more Q&A...

Do those that freeze do so immediately after crossing the line, or do they wait a long time to hit 'Return to Pits' or not hit it at all?

Possibly what I do, which is hit the 'Return to Pits' immediately after crossing the line, is what has made me not freeze yet?

Konan
25-05-2018, 19:41
Those i know of freeze the moment they cross the line...

SCClockDr
25-05-2018, 20:25
I've experienced both the stuttering and the full freeze. The full freeze requires a system reboot & is immediately evident crossing the line. The stuttering occurred right after crossing the line, sometimes the car's progress halts & other times it stutters along & the option button will gain control.
Manually entering the pits will not be effective if your pit box is past the line.

Atak Kat
25-05-2018, 20:25
I only had the freeze once, and it was pretty quick after crossing the line. I wouldn't say instant, but not enough time to 'return to pit'.
Any other time it just stutters, and I have even let it go quite long just to see what would happen. just keeps stuttering and so far I've always been able to return to pit.

awaite85
25-05-2018, 21:04
This has happend to me a couple times. As soon as i cross that line I hit Start and go back to pits. If you do it quick enough you can beat the bug.

simsimsheree
26-05-2018, 08:24
Those i know of freeze the moment they cross the line...

Any common elements to those who freeze? Regular PS4 or Pro as well? Car class? Track? Grid size? Anybody lagging in the room?

Manually entering the pits will not be effective if your pit box is past the line.

That's probably VERY significant info for SMS, if confirmed...

ShneebnaMRR108
26-05-2018, 13:45
This stuttering happened to me yesterday after crossing the finish line in MP, first it stuttered, then tried to catch up, and it was like a time travel warp speed effect. And the quali timer had not run out yet.