PDA

View Full Version : g29 setup help

DivinePower
19-05-2018, 22:48
i am new to using a wheel and i am having trouble setting up the force feedback on PCARS 2, basically the issue is that it's very difficult to sometimes keep the car on a straight line as the wheel sways from side to side (most noticeable on the nordschleife using a GT3 car) and i have to apply a lot of muscle power to keep it straight; what i want is to either eliminate or mitigate this but at the same time keep the wheel moderately heavy (not too heavy); i tried reducing the volume which worked but the steering felt way too light... any help will be highly appreciated

davidt33
20-05-2018, 02:12
What are your current Configurations and also FFB settings including Flavour?

DivinePower
20-05-2018, 14:45
my current FFB settings are

Flavour: Informative
Gain: 85
Volume: 60
Tone: 35
FX: 35
Menu spring strength: 0.40

davidt33
20-05-2018, 15:20
my current FFB settings are

Gain: 85
Volume: 60
Tone: 35
FX: 35
Menu spring strength: 0.40
Here is my current for comparison. G29 wheel also.
Gain: 95 (Was 100)
Volume: 50
Tone: 40 (Was 35)
FX: 45
Menu spring strength: 0.30

Config:
Steering Deadzone: 0
Dampening: 0
Steering Sensitivity: 50 (DON'T CHANGE THIS)
(Make sure Steering Deadzone and Dampening are both set to "0")

Try them and see if it makes a difference and report back.

DivinePower
20-05-2018, 18:43
hi mate, tried your settings but it's still the same, and btw i couldnt change the dampening setting (config) you mentioned

ShneebnaMRR108
20-05-2018, 18:48
Just for a test try this:
RAW 100/38/38/4

davidt33
20-05-2018, 19:40
hi mate, tried your settings but it's still the same, and btw i couldnt change the dampening setting (config) you mentioned
Is it that you're seeing the Configuration screen and can't change the setting/s or is it that you are not seeing the Configuration screen?

DivinePower
20-05-2018, 21:30
i tried this and feels quite good despite the whee feeling lighter although the side to side swaying of the wheel still persists but not as pronounced, it seems that it is a feature of the FFB that cant be ridden off, i've noticed that the FFB feels different at different tracks, it is a constant fight with the wheel at the nordschleife compared to other tracks

DivinePower
20-05-2018, 21:31
the setting is locked and i cant change it, perhaps it is a pad setting?

davidt33
20-05-2018, 21:39
the setting is locked and i cant change it, perhaps it is a pad setting?
I don't think it is locked nor is pad setting or need to access with pad.
I'll fire up my PS4 just now and take a gander and get back to you.

And yes, some cars feel differently on different tracks or some tracks just feel different re FFB. It's just how it is.
I just settle for one FFB and config settings that then to work generally for most. Makes no sense IMO to be constantly changing and next thing you know you screw up your FFB for whatever.

davidt33
20-05-2018, 22:13
Here it is.
After you load up Project Cars 2.....On home screen....Navigate to:
"OPTIONS" tab/section...."CONTROLS"......"CONFIGURATION" (There you will see the Configurations enabling you to adjust whatever).
I was able to navigate using the wheel to navigate (R1 paddle and direction buttons). On the CONFIGURATION section use the direction buttons (left/right/up/down) to select whatever and adjust. Use direction down button down to scroll lower down the list.
Re Deadzones....set all Deadzones to "0". Here's a screenshot of the window.

hkraft300
21-05-2018, 00:08
...basically the issue is that it's very difficult to sometimes keep the car on a straight line as the wheel sways from side to side (most noticeable on the nordschleife using a GT3 car) and i have to apply a lot of muscle power to keep it straight; ...

:hopelessness:
No. No you don’t. It doesn’t require a lot of muscle power. If it takes that much effort, you have bigger health problems you need to focus on. I’ve had 8-12 year old kids that didn’t have this problem on my rig.

Hold the wheel. Don’t let it free on a straight or it shakes itself into a wall. It’s a wheel position sensor/ feedback / motor control issue.

Try lower gain and volume ~40. FX 0 and tone wherever you like.

Chomps_McGee
06-06-2018, 19:42
My advice would be to buy a different game. This one is just terrible.

Sum Dixon-Ear
06-06-2018, 21:54
My advice would be to buy a different game. This one is just terrible.

soto24ac
05-07-2018, 19:08
i am new to using a wheel and i am having trouble setting up the force feedback on PCARS 2, basically the issue is that it's very difficult to sometimes keep the car on a straight line as the wheel sways from side to side (most noticeable on the nordschleife using a GT3 car) and i have to apply a lot of muscle power to keep it straight; what i want is to either eliminate or mitigate this but at the same time keep the wheel moderately heavy (not too heavy); i tried reducing the volume which worked but the steering felt way too light... any help will be highly appreciated

Hola amigos una pregunta alguno tiene una buena configuracion para mi g29?

Sentry87
06-07-2018, 02:39
Tinker with your ffb settings to make it so your not wrestling with the wheel so much. I'm running similar settings with the g29 and was experiencing same thing with r8 gt3 on nordschliefe. You can make it more manageable but you just have to get used to it, muscle memory. The nordschliefe with the amount camber it has your wheel will do this.