PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy ProjectCars2?

Karlchen
20-05-2018, 12:20
Hello dear PCars2 drivers,

I play PCars1 since it came out. I like to race on the Nordschleife with some GT3 cars, but only offline, I never attended some online races. I can say I like PCars1, I like the graphics, the tracks and cars and I like the good performance it has on my laptop. I also like to paint my own cars.

But there are some things I really dislike:
- I need a 3rd party tool to bring more than one of my custom liveries into the game.
- I cant decide which car liveries I want to race against
- The penalty system is too harsh, especially on the Nordschleife, e.g. on Nürburgring combined when you enter the Nordschleife from the GP course. I´ts ok getting penalized if you cut corners, but this system is far too much and is the most fun stopper in PCars1.
- I cant save offline mid-race.

Can you tell me, if PCars2 has improved in those points I disliked in PCars1? Can I import my custom liveries in PCars2?

Thank you for your answers.

Karlchen

cluck
20-05-2018, 12:54
- I need a 3rd party tool to bring more than one of my custom liveries into the game.
No change there

Again, no change there

- The penalty system is too harsh, especially on the Nordschleife, e.g. on Nürburgring combined when you enter the Nordschleife from the GP course. I´ts ok getting penalized if you cut corners, but this system is far too much and is the most fun stopper in PCars1.
The penalty system has been overhauled. There's no way of knowing if you're going to like it or not without trying it. Fortunately, you can download a demo version (though that is now from quite a few patches back) to see if it feels any better for you

Again, no change there, you can't save part-way through a race

On the plus side of course, there's a tonne of new and improved things, from circuits, cars, a whole new racing discipline (rallycross) and the improved physics & tyre modelling.

sas5320
20-05-2018, 13:43
Try the demo first

Zaskarspants
20-05-2018, 13:53
Pcars2 has higher system requirements than pcars1 so downloading the demo will check that too.
May be important as you use a laptop.

Raklodder
20-05-2018, 13:56
Yes, but try the demo first and/or wait for the summer sale.

Karlchen
20-05-2018, 14:23
Thanks for your replies.

cpcdem
20-05-2018, 14:33
To also add my opinion, on the matters you mentioned, you will see no improvements at all I think. But, in general, and apart from those issues and some more, PC2 is so much better than PC1 in so many aspects that for me there's no comparison between the two, after PC2 was out, I didn't play PC1 again at all. Actually the same holds true also for all other sims, I recently did try a couple of them again and found them so lacking compared to PC2 that I couldn't keep playing them for more than an hour or so...But as others said, try the demo first (which is an old version though, if I am not mistaken) to see for yourself.

sloppysmusic
20-05-2018, 15:15
Simply put if you enjoyed Pcars 1 you will almost certainly enjoy 2 though probably for differing reasons. It's the mindset of the game that pulls you in, the desire to be accurate to real life. It doesnt always achieve it but mostly does and I personally can always forgive it for trying! The amount of time you will spend playing the parts it gets right easily justifies the price you will pay for it even when not on sale.

joelsantos24
21-05-2018, 10:45
As far as the physical model is concerned, Project CARS 2 is better. That being said, Project CARS 1 was also a great simulator, plus it has better graphics. The graphical downgrade they had to enforce, in order to improve the physical model, just isn't worth it, in my humble opinion. That's why I never bought the second game, and never will.

Additionally, I don't like their support plan for the series. Back when the first game was being produced, one of their promises, was that they were going to support it for a long period of time, years even. Three months after release, they revealed that they were already working on the second. The support lasted only for a few months. Now, I've been reading about rumours that the third game is already being produced, and that they intend to release a game every two years or so. The first game was good enough for me, and I'll likely move back to Gran Turismo.

Lakiboom
21-05-2018, 11:09
PC version - you can buy it
Console version - better no, cause quality is very low and game has so many bugs which devs can't or don't want to fix.

John Hargreaves
21-05-2018, 11:31
PC version - you can buy it
Console version - better no, cause quality is very low and game has so many bugs which devs can't or don't want to fix.

I have to disagree with you there, I have it on both PC and PS4 pro, and I think it's great on both platforms. It works very well for me and I really like it with a controller, and it's even better with a wheel and VR.

To answer the OP, if you like cars and racing, most definitely yes, if you aren't keen on cars and racing, PC2 could cure you, and if you hate cars and racing, it might be better to look elsewhere. Go on, you know you want to ;)

joelsantos24
21-05-2018, 11:39
I have to disagree with you there, I have it on both PC and PS4 pro, and I think it's great on both platforms. It works very well for me and I really like it with a controller, and it's even better with a wheel and VR.

To answer the OP, if you like cars and racing, most definitely yes, if you aren't keen on cars and racing, PC2 could cure you, and if you hate cars and racing, it might be better to look elsewhere. Go on, you know you want to ;)
Well, it's one thing to say that it works for you, and that's perfectly ok. But another, is to say that the console version is, in fact, as good as the PC version or that it's even better than the previous game. It's not as good as the PC version, and as far as PS4 is concerned, which is my console, it's much worse than Project CARS 1. You have countless video comparisons on YouTube, so you just need to check those out. Below, is just one blatant example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WKsZ3KTCPQ&t=148s

rocho
21-05-2018, 11:41
As far as the physical model is concerned, Project CARS 2 is better. That being said, Project CARS 1 was also a great simulator, plus it has better graphics. The graphical downgrade they had to enforce, in order to improve the physical model, just isn't worth it, in my humble opinion. That's why I never bought the second game, and never will.

Additionally, I don't like their support plan for the series. Back when the first game was being produced, one of their promises, was that they were going to support it for a long period of time, years even. Three months after release, they revealed that they were already working on the second. The support lasted only for a few months. Now, I've been reading about rumours that the third game is already being produced, and that they intend to release a game every two years or so. The first game was good enough for me, and I'll likely move back to Gran Turismo.
What? Are you serious or am I misunderstanding anything?

Lakiboom
21-05-2018, 11:57

I talked not about graphics only but a whole game. I don't know how about PS4 PRO, but XBOX often has disconnections from the online lobbies, car physics in practice mode and career or custom race is not the same at all, FPS drops (XBX1X has it too - the most powerful console...), stuck shadows at night races, game dates and seasons often not correct at online championship mode, ghost car at pits, wrong flags, game freezes while loading Tune setups or even lost it in your tune list (online championship), lags while someone connecting public lobbies (now it's better with last patch), disgusting animation when cars crush or jump because of that. And so on and on.

I play PC2 since release and I like it, but more I play the more it disappointing. You can justify the game, give it "racing game of the year 2018" (VVV), but if you do not succumb to marketing, you have to admit that the game is very raw. Like it or not that's my opinion.

John Hargreaves
21-05-2018, 13:09
That's where I stressed it's what I think about the game. Not everyone is bothered about online, I'm certainly not. I enjoy racing against the AI far more than against some of the idiots I've come across online. I think it's a fair point though, that if online is your major love, do some research beforehand to see if the issues people have had might spoil your enjoyment.

Kostman22
21-05-2018, 14:48
If you enjoy a broken game with no sense of immersionu because of all the bugs then go for it!!!

Kostman22
21-05-2018, 15:10
If you enjoy a broken game with no sense of immersionu because of all the bugs then go for it!!!

how do i get an infraction for insulting someone im giving my opinion and saving them the trouble, someone is very power hungry.

joelsantos24
21-05-2018, 15:35
What? Are you serious or am I misunderstanding anything?
I'm on PS4, so I can only speak for the PS4 version. The rest, is not my responsibility. First, Project CARS 1 has better graphics than Project CARS 2. I though the example I gave or shared was proof enough. Second, if a clear graphical downgrade was carried out, then logically, the reason will most likely be performance issues.

The graphics downgrade on PS4 is both clear and blatant. I admit that I wasn't actually expecting anyone to even have the nerve to refute that. The video is right there, and there are so many other examples...

I talked not about graphics only but a whole game. I don't know how about PS4 PRO, but XBOX often has disconnections from the online lobbies, car physics in practice mode and career or custom race is not the same at all, FPS drops (XBX1X has it too - the most powerful console...), stuck shadows at night races, game dates and seasons often not correct at online championship mode, ghost car at pits, wrong flags, game freezes while loading Tune setups or even lost it in your tune list (online championship), lags while someone connecting public lobbies (now it's better with last patch), disgusting animation when cars crush or jump because of that. And so on and on.

I play PC2 since release and I like it, but more I play the more it disappointing. You can justify the game, give it "racing game of the year 2018" (VVV), but if you do not succumb to marketing, you have to admit that the game is very raw. Like it or not that's my opinion.
I think that's the best word to describe this series, "raw".

With that being said, we can't expect the same (and almost obsessive) attention to detail and for perfection that PD and GT have, from SMS and Project CARS. SMS just doesn't have the budget that PD has. In parallel, we also can't excuse many of those problems you just mentioned, because those just reek of laziness or lack of focus.

If it wasn't for GT coming to the PS4 very late, I never would've bought Project CARS. However, I love the game and I have tons of fun with it. On the other hand, no other racing game has that level of perfection and detail, as well as accessibility. GT is still, undoubtedly, the racing game to beat. I'm just waiting for it to go on sale, so I can go back.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Project CARS, but it just doesn't have what GT has, and furthermore, I'm just not interested in getting a racing game every two years.

cpcdem
21-05-2018, 15:38
@Kostman22: I am wondering if someone from SMS came to your restaurant as a client, didn't like the food and not only started screaming at you and insulting you, but also told every other customer to leave and never come again because he thought the food sucked, how you would treat him...

rich1e I
21-05-2018, 15:55
Well, it's one thing to say that it works for you, and that's perfectly ok. But another, is to say that the console version is, in fact, as good as the PC version or that it's even better than the previous game. It's not as good as the PC version, and as far as PS4 is concerned, which is my console, it's much worse than Project CARS 1. You have countless video comparisons on YouTube, so you just need to check those out. Below, is just one blatant example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WKsZ3KTCPQ&t=148s

Please don't talk about facts when all you're stating is your opinion. 'Good' and 'better' is always subjective. Forza 6 was said to be the best looking game. I found it looked terrible because graphics were completely oversaturated. Youtube is not source of the ultimate truth and you haven't proven anything by just posting this video. Do you know if the two videos shown in the comparison video were made under the exact same circumstances? How many FPS? Hardware?
I myself have played both PC1 and 2 and in my opinion PC2 looks way better. Even if I liked PC1 graphics more the content PC2 offers and the enhanced physics and tyre model makes the game objectively better than the previous iteration.

Kostman22
21-05-2018, 16:00
@Kostman22: I am wondering if someone from SMS came to your restaurant as a client, didn't like the food and not only started screaming at you and insulting you, but also told every other customer to leave and never come again because he thought the food sucked, how you would treat him...

Funny you say that, it's happened many times and we respond with respect if not others would have no option but to agree with the person complaining, it's called business...

TorTorden
21-05-2018, 16:03
Granted I haven't read the thread yet.
But asking this question here is a bit like going into a "Horses are awesome" clubhouse and asking if you should get your daughter a pony.

There might be a slight bias.

As for the question itself.

Yes. Yes you should.

rich1e I
21-05-2018, 16:10
He didn't come here to make the choice. He's already made it. He's here to try to understand why he made it. :cool:

joelsantos24
21-05-2018, 16:14
Please don't talk about facts when all you're stating is your opinion. 'Good' and 'better' is always subjective. Forza 6 was said to be the best looking game. I found it looked terrible because they were completely oversaturated. Youtube is not source of the ultimate truth and you haven't proven anything by just posting it. Do you know if the two videos shown in the comparison video were made under the exact circumstances? How many FPS? Hardware?
I myself have played both PC1 and 2 and in my opinion PC2 looks way better. Even if I liked PC1 graphics more the content PC2 offers and the enhanced physics and tyre model makes the game objectively better than the previous iteration.
Well, a downgrade, is a downgrade. Project CARS 2 was graphically downgraded. You know it, I know it, we all know it.

Your point on objectivity vs. subjectivity, is true, but the videos present an acceptable comparison on the best, and most comparable or similar conditions possible. If we were comparing PC games, then yes, the conditions would be absolutely crucial. But we're not. I'm on PS4. The video I presented, was captured on PS4. All the videos I've watched, were captured on PS4. A PS4 Pro, is different from an ordinary PS4. But a conventional PS4, is the same as any other conventional PS4. Therefore, the conditions must be classified as very similar, if not equal.

And I'm not going to continue beyond this post, with the downgrade argument, because it's absolutely blatant. It's actually the first time I heard someone try to refute this, but whatever... Furthermore, I think the videos speak for themselves. I think the depth and richness of the colours, speak for themselves. I think the more vivid reflections on the cars and on the water puddles, speak for themselves. I think the darker environment, when in a heavily-clouded thunderstorm, speaks for itself. Etc, etc, etc.

The latest instalment of the series may have more content and offer a richer experience, but Project CARS 1 is, objectively, better, graphically speaking. Whether or not that is enough to make it, globally, better than the second game, it's obviously subjective. In my opinion, the first game is better.

jaredinhouston
21-05-2018, 16:22
I cant say for PC, but for standard PS4 I would keep PCars 1. Sure there are more tracks and different weather. But if you wanna play single player with a full field the max has dropped down to 32 from 43 and the graphics are a step down too. Still alot of fun but wish they did without the rally cross and live track and concentrated on getting everything working first.

Swass
21-05-2018, 16:31
This is going well I see.

Mahjik
21-05-2018, 16:32
And I'm not going to continue beyond this post, with the downgrade argument, because it's absolutely blatant. It's actually the first time I heard someone try to refute this, but whatever...

Let's all keep in mind that people on different platforms may have different experiences.

Cholton82
21-05-2018, 16:39
I’m actually massively tempted to buy PC1 on the One X , I had it from launch on PS4 but it was a digital download so went when I sold it . I imagine it’s peanuts to buy also

Edited to say Ordered a copy for £4.99 👍

hkraft300
21-05-2018, 16:46
I'm on PS4, so I can only speak for the PS4 version. The rest, is not my responsibility. First, Project CARS 1 has better graphics than Project CARS 2. I though the example I gave or shared was proof enough. Second, if a clear graphical downgrade was carried out, then logically, the reason will most likely be performance issues.

Sure. It’s a little worse.
More than a fair trade off for the improved ffb, physics, tires, live track... just for the improvement in wet racing alone is worth the downgrade. Speaking of: despite the downgrade, I find the rain racing is far more immersive than it was in pc1. Totally worth it.

With that being said, we can't expect the same (and almost obsessive) attention to detail and for perfection that PD and GT have, from SMS and Project CARS. SMS just doesn't have the budget that PD has. In parallel, we also can't excuse many of those problems you just mentioned, because those just reek of laziness or lack of focus.

:glee:

If it wasn't for GT coming to the PS4 very late, I never would've bought Project CARS. However, I love the game and I have tons of fun with it. On the other hand, no other racing game has that level of perfection and detail, as well as accessibility. GT is still, undoubtedly, the racing game to beat. I'm just waiting for it to go on sale, so I can go back.

:glee: :glee:

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Project CARS, but it just doesn't have what GT has, and furthermore, I'm just not interested in getting a racing game every two years.

:glee: x3
Thank the Lord for that... :glee:

Stewy32
21-05-2018, 17:41
I would say buy it.But sadly their is no such improvement on the features you highlighted.
The Penatly System has been overhauled and is now stricter in the penalty but less strict on track limits I think.

CassielLight
21-05-2018, 17:49
I'm late as ever, I see.

Get the sequel. Really.

Is it perfect? No. Are there some things that could use a looking-at? You'll get no argument on that from me.

HOWEVER.

What's been added, adds more than just adding more. Rallycross is new. Some of the new locations are worth the price of admission all by themselves (Long Beach, Algarve, Daytona, Indianapolis). Grumble at the scripted weather if you want, but the sunset races at Monaco (Formula X) and COTA (Endurance) are as pretty to watch as they are aggravating for most to drive (though COTA eventually makes sense, after about two and a half consecutive hours). The race engineer lets you dabble under the virtual hood, without having to go full grease monkey. And so on.

If you liked the original, you'll like the sequel. Just get it, already. :p

sas5320
21-05-2018, 17:52
I would wait for GOTY edition on sale. That will be a great purchase, especially if mainly you play offline

joelsantos24
21-05-2018, 18:00
I cant say for PC, but for standard PS4 I would keep PCars 1. Sure there are more tracks and different weather. But if you wanna play single player with a full field the max has dropped down to 32 from 43 and the graphics are a step down too. Still alot of fun but wish they did without the rally cross and live track and concentrated on getting everything working first.
Exactly.

Let's all keep in mind that people on different platforms may have different experiences.
That was my point all along. I was always speaking on the PS4 perspective, and in that context, there was an objective downgrade. In my opinion, it wasn't worth it. But, as we're able to witness here, opinions differ.

:glee:

:glee: :glee:

:glee: :glee: :glee:
Overall analysis from Video Games 24/7 on GT Sport vs. Project CARS 2: "GT Sport just takes the cup." [https://www.vg247.com/2017/10/30/gt-sport-versus-project-cars-2-which-is-the-best-racing-game/]

Overall sales of GT Sport from VGChartz: 3.27 million copies.
Overall sales of Project CARS 2 on PS4 from VGChartz: 0.47 million copies.
Overall sales of Project CARS 2 on the X1 from VGChartz: 0.06 million copies.
Overall sales of Project CARS 2 on PC from VGChartz: 0.02 million copies.
Overall sales of Forza Motorsport 7 on the X1 from VGChartz: 1.24 million copies.
Overall sales of Asseto Corsa on the X1 from VGChartz: 0.02 million copies.
Overall sales of Asseto Corsa on the PS4 from VGChartz: 0.07 million copies.

GT Sport sold 3.27 million copies. All the remaining racing games combined sold 1.88 million copies. Like I said, GT is still the racing game to beat.

Cholton82
21-05-2018, 19:14
Exactly.

That was my point all along. I was always speaking on the PS4 perspective, and in that context, there was an objective downgrade. In my opinion, it wasn't worth it. But, as we're able to witness here, opinions differ.

Overall analysis from Video Games 24/7 on GT Sport vs. Project CARS 2: "GT Sport just takes the cup." [https://www.vg247.com/2017/10/30/gt-sport-versus-project-cars-2-which-is-the-best-racing-game/]

Overall sales of GT Sport from VGChartz: 3.27 million copies.
Overall sales of Project CARS 2 on PS4 from VGChartz: 0.47 million copies.
Overall sales of Project CARS 2 on the X1 from VGChartz: 0.06 million copies.
Overall sales of Project CARS 2 on PC from VGChartz: 0.02 million copies.
Overall sales of Forza Motorsport 7 on the X1 from VGChartz: 1.24 million copies.
Overall sales of Asseto Corsa on the X1 from VGChartz: 0.02 million copies.
Overall sales of Asseto Corsa on the PS4 from VGChartz: 0.07 million copies.

GT Sport sold 3.27 million copies. All the remaining racing games combined sold 1.88 million copies. Like I said, GT is still the racing game to beat.

GT Sport appeals to the masses that’s all , Whether your an 8 year old kid or a 50 year old man it’s a pick up and play very pretty game , A bit too arcadey for me personally and that’s just my opinion . Assetto and PCars require a lot more time invested into them to get the best from them.

All that being said I bought PC2 on PS4 when it came out and was a little underwhelmed and knew that I needed to upgrade to see and play the game how it was intended.

foxymop
21-05-2018, 20:04
I have both PC1 goty and PC2.

Try the demo. See if you feel differences. If not, stay with PC1. There's nothing more.

PC2 It's just PC1 with some extra patches, extra tracks and extra bugs and the same bad design decisions and the same support, same bland career, same bad multiplayer.
No costume championship also.
Some times it looks like a beta for a full price.

The more I play it the more disappointed I get to be honest.

The thing is that for ps4 it's this, Asseto for ps4 or GT.

And if you don't dig ovals and rally cross....

You can wait till there's some 19.99 promotion. It does not worth more then that. Especially not the $80 for the full version with the season pass.

About the "offense" taken by saying your opinion based on true facts about the game, nothing new.

joelsantos24
21-05-2018, 20:07
GT Sport appeals to the masses that’s all , Whether your an 8 year old kid or a 50 year old man it’s a pick up and play very pretty game , A bit too arcadey for me personally and that’s just my opinion . Assetto and PCars require a lot more time invested into them to get the best from them.

All that being said I bought PC2 on PS4 when it came out and was a little underwhelmed and knew that I needed to upgrade to see and play the game how it was intended.
Yes, GT is much more accessible, no doubt. But it has to be, because you simply can't release an unfathomably specific game on a console, and expect any commercial success. As the analysis I referenced to in my post, says, Project CARS is a "game for experts or would-be experts." In my humble opinion, it should never have been released on console, as it was clearly designed for PC. That's not a bad thing, but it is what it is.

With all said and done, the bottom line is, GT is the obvious choice on PS4. As for the remaining platforms, that's not my responsibility.

Malcstar
21-05-2018, 22:23
This game is going to be released on mobile.

The console are still a stable platform then the mass would-be PC's out there trying to run this game. I remember this similar topic when PC1 was released. I had no issues enjoying the game even if it was subpar to it's PC counterpart.

Urban Chaos 2.0
21-05-2018, 23:26
A lot of people don't have the money and/or time to invest in expensive PC hardware, and so consoles work well for them. Console sales of PC2 are quite good considering the fact that it's a recently released driving simulator, and not an arcade-style driving game like Forza or Gran Turismo.

Also: Forza and Gran Turismo have long histories with an established fan base who have been marketed to quite heavily by Sony and Microsoft. That fan base is still loyal to their games. That, is the main reason those games sell so well.

In time, Project Cars 2 will acquire a fanbase on all platforms and console sales will improve. Of course, being a simulator as complex as it is, the PC users have the best experience. It will always be that way until console hardware becomes substantially more powerful. The Xbox One X it seems, has been coping quite well with Project Cars 2 though. Considering the technological feat which is Project Cars 2, you've got to hand it to SMS for having achieved what they achieved so far on the PS4 and original Xbox One. Class-leading physics engine, with a robust simulation of environmental factors, a very large number of true-to-life cars, and a large number of race tracks. To date, no other sim has been able to achieve this on the PC platform, let alone consoles.

hkraft300
22-05-2018, 00:22
Yes, GT is much more accessible, no doubt. But it has to be, because you simply can't release an unfathomably specific game on a console, and expect any commercial success. As the analysis I referenced to in my post, says, Project CARS is a "game for experts or would-be experts." In my humble opinion, it should never have been released on console, as it was clearly designed for PC. That's not a bad thing, but it is what it is.

Considering sim racing is a very niche market, the console sales numbers you’ve posted prove the commercial success of AC and project cars.

Gran Turismo is an obvious choice for pick up and play, lounge out and switch your brain off racing.
Project cars and AC is much more challenging. For those of us looking to get more involved in our racing games an be challenged, GT just doesn’t cut it.

Well. If sales, graphics and accessibility are your criteria for a good racing game, it’s pretty obvious you’ve missed the point of project cars.

PC2 It's just PC1 with some extra patches, extra tracks and extra bugs and the same bad design decisions and the same support, same bland career, same bad multiplayer. :glee:

The thing is that for ps4 it's this, Asseto for ps4 or GT. :glee:

Calls project cars 2 a beta.
Recommends AC :rolleyes:

Obvious troll is bad at trolling.

Raklodder
22-05-2018, 00:29
Aren't those statistics meant for sold hard retail copies?

Charger
22-05-2018, 01:26
YES.

foxymop
22-05-2018, 01:27
Considering sim racing is a very niche market, the console sales numbers you’ve posted prove the commercial success of AC and project cars.

Gran Turismo is an obvious choice for pick up and play, lounge out and switch your brain off racing.
Project cars and AC is much more challenging. For those of us looking to get more involved in our racing games an be challenged, GT just doesn’t cut it.

Well. If sales, graphics and accessibility are your criteria for a good racing game, it’s pretty obvious you’ve missed the point of project cars.

Why do you make this so easy?....

If I wanted to troll I would be better at it than you are at understanding English.

Where did I recommend AC?

Is your level of understanding so low? Is my English that bad?

Please, use your brain. Get some help.
Don't make a fool of yourself again at my cost. It's getting too repetitive.
It's embarrassing for you and I'm starting to feel bad to be the cause of that.
it's not even funny anymore.

hkraft300
22-05-2018, 05:07
Why do you make this so easy?....

If I wanted to troll I would be better at it than you are at understanding English.

Where did I recommend AC?

Is your level of understanding so low? Is my English that bad?

Please, use your brain. Get some help.
Don't make a fool of yourself again at my cost. It's getting too repetitive.
It's embarrassing for you and I'm starting to feel bad to be the cause of that.
it's not even funny anymore.

I have both PC1 goty and PC2.

Try the demo. See if you feel differences. If not, stay with PC1. There's nothing more.

PC2 It's just PC1 with some extra patches, extra tracks and extra bugs and the same bad design decisions and the same support, same bland career, same bad multiplayer.

The thing is that for ps4 it's this, Asseto for ps4 or GT.

You can wait till there's some 19.99 promotion. It does not worth more then that. Especially not the $80 for the full version with the season pass.

About the "offense" taken by saying your opinion based on true facts about the game, nothing new.

Oh dear :rolleyes:

David Wright
22-05-2018, 06:48
VGchartz is not a reliable source. When Kunos were bought out, sales of AC were quoted as 1.4 milion. Steamspy gave PC sales as 400 000 leaving 1 million console sales.

Gromran
22-05-2018, 10:31
- I cant save offline mid-race.If that's your decision criteria, you should not play SimRacing.

UkHardcore23
22-05-2018, 11:03
VGchartz is not a reliable source. When Kunos were bought out, sales of AC were quoted as 1.4 milion. Steamspy gave PC sales as 400 000 leaving 1 million console sales.

Sounds about right tbh...PCARS 1 on consoles massively outsold the PC version.

joelsantos24
22-05-2018, 11:26
VGChartz is an unreliable source, now...

Right, ok, this is going nowhere, so, I'm out. :hopelessness:

TorTorden
22-05-2018, 11:38
No doubt you have the largest volume on sale on consoles.

Problem is Pcars2 is such a demanding game under the bonnet, and current gen consoles are so old, and so underpowered for the task the game would demand, they would have to cut corners or not publish on consoles at all.

Doesn't really matter how much you want the ps4 to be great, it was a middling laptop five years ago.
There is a reason why most games on consoles limit themselves to 30fps.
That's fine enough, for Batman Arkham Knight or GTA5.

Although knocking both games up to 60 fps as you can on pc massively improves the games.

Unlike most games, racing games need as much frame rate as you can get so just to get things working at all sacrifices needed to be made.
It works rather poorly for SMS, they have a next gen game, they need to force onto a piece of hardware unsuited for the task.

I can see why someone would use consoles rather than pc's but I guess I would hope they wouldn't whine as much when they happen to be five years behind.

UkHardcore23
22-05-2018, 12:38
Hello dear PCars2 drivers,

I play PCars1 since it came out. I like to race on the Nordschleife with some GT3 cars, but only offline, I never attended some online races. I can say I like PCars1, I like the graphics, the tracks and cars and I like the good performance it has on my laptop. I also like to paint my own cars.

Can you tell me, if PCars2 has improved in those points I disliked in PCars1? Can I import my custom liveries in PCars2?

Thank you for your answers.

Karlchen

I would say if your not a hardcore sim guy the trade off in visuals and audio is not worth it. Im liking PCARS 2 physics they are no doubt a step above but for me the live track stuff is not worth the trade off in the amazing visuals that PCARS 1 has and it's stopping me from loving the game the way i did the first title and im on the PS4 Pro while the first title on the PS4 and the Pro gets no where near the visuals as the PS4 PCARS.

The only other thing i would say is if your a big fan of Ice Racing or Rally Cross then buying PCARS 2 is a no brainer i guess.

Keena
22-05-2018, 13:57
If you like driving sims/games?

Yes, yes you should.

hkraft300
22-05-2018, 14:52
I would say if your not a hardcore sim guy the trade off in visuals and audio is not worth it. Im liking PCARS 2 physics they are no doubt a step above but for me the live track stuff is not worth the trade off in the amazing visuals that PCARS 1 has and it's stopping me from loving the game the way i did the first title and im on the PS4 Pro while the first title on the PS4 and the Pro gets no where near the visuals as the PS4 PCARS.

The only other thing i would say is if your a big fan of Ice Racing or Rally Cross then buying PCARS 2 is a no brainer i guess.

Look, call me fanboy I’ll wear it.
My expectations aren’t high for graphics considering the age of my PS-poor and plasma tv i game on. I was worried how they’d make puddles and such visible at speed but they did.

I haven’t and don’t want to try pc2 in 4K because I’ll blow my savings on a 4K 3-screen setup and divorce :hopelessness:

Honestly love the day night transitions where it gets difficult with the sun in your eye, low light conditions where it’s too dark yet too bright for the headlights to work (I do miss being able to flash the lights in day time)... some tracks lighting up for the night stint is just the ducks guts!

In saying that: some guys have a real eye for graphics and details seemingly small to most of us is a huge deal for them. So I totally understand. For example I have a 4K HDR tv that I’ve tried pc2 on when I first got it. The motion blur and the sometimes weird HDR colours totally threw me. Sitting close the pixel density is superb though and the picture was crisp, but I still prefer my pixelated old plasma because no motion blur.

TorTorden
22-05-2018, 15:08
Best pcars2 experience isn't trippel high res screens.
Granted I am a little biased.

But driving around Nurburg, in the dark, with the formula x, no proper headlights, in the rift made me think I should check my shorts afterwards.
The immersion from the cv1 and the detail in the physics pcars1 lacked takes it to a new level as far as I'm concerned.

And a rift is a lot cheaper than a set of 4k screens.
(And a lot easier to sneak past the wife)

UkHardcore23
22-05-2018, 17:34
Look, call me fanboy I’ll wear it.
My expectations aren’t high for graphics considering the age of my PS-poor and plasma tv i game on. I was worried how they’d make puddles and such visible at speed but they did.

I haven’t and don’t want to try pc2 in 4K because I’ll blow my savings on a 4K 3-screen setup and divorce :hopelessness:

Honestly love the day night transitions where it gets difficult with the sun in your eye, low light conditions where it’s too dark yet too bright for the headlights to work (I do miss being able to flash the lights in day time)... some tracks lighting up for the night stint is just the ducks guts!

In saying that: some guys have a real eye for graphics and details seemingly small to most of us is a huge deal for them. So I totally understand. For example I have a 4K HDR tv that I’ve tried pc2 on when I first got it. The motion blur and the sometimes weird HDR colours totally threw me. Sitting close the pixel density is superb though and the picture was crisp, but I still prefer my pixelated old plasma because no motion blur.

You missed my point entirely my post wasnt about you it was advice to the OP. If he's not a massive sim head i dont think the upgrade is worth it. If he is a massive sim head its prob worth it for the physics.

Those day night transitions you talk about were much better looking in the first title, Live track you cannot even see the puddles on PS4 due to the Anisotropic filtering being so low it's only when your right up to them they appear and that's on the Pro god knows what it's like on the OG PS4, Same if there's dirt on the track doesnt show up unless your a meter away and the rain got a massive downgrade visually as well which just seems like Live Track is pointless on consoles and not worth the trade for the absolutely stunning graphics of PCARS 1 (call me a fanboy if you want, il wear it whatever that means) it looked THAT good. So not a massive sim head i'd defo be sticking with the first title.

Regarding the VR post above everytime i watch VR PCARS 2 videos a little bit of drool comes out. It really is the way to enjoy PCARS 2.

CassielLight
22-05-2018, 21:01
Okay, I'm a certifiable cheapskate here: standard PS4, standard controller, and a 24-inch screen. I'm, like, entry-level gaming experience here.

And I still like the new version, for MY purposes, at least. Which is to say, single player, offline, quasi-sandbox. I'm an oddity, I suppose: going as far back as I do--anyone else remember "Injured Engine" on the Commodore 64?--gaming has almost always been a solo form of escapism for me.

And Project CARS 2 gives me, again, for MY purposes, a bigger playground. More to the point, it doesn't wall stuff off behind loot boxes (Need For Speed: Paywall, I'm looking really hard at you) or mandatory make-work license exams and virtual grease monkeying (ergo, sayonara, GT Sport.)

The only requirement is winning, and if you want to simplify that process by nerfing the difficulty down to zero, you have that option, as well. The game won't even hector you to raise the bar if you're consistently whipping it by 20 seconds a lap. And yes, I speak from experience, and as long as I'm being self-deprecating, hey, get off my lawn, ya little whippersnappers. :p

Maybe I'm not too demanding, and easily satisfied. Why is there still a dispute here? This is what it sounds like...when I listen to an 80's music channel when posting on a forum. :eek:

hkraft300
22-05-2018, 23:52
You missed my point entirely my post wasnt about you it was advice to the OP. If he's not a massive sim head i dont think the upgrade is worth it. If he is a massive sim head its prob worth it for the physics.

Those day night transitions you talk about were much better looking in the first title,...

I agree. Pc1 was much better looking.

For me the driving experience is so much better in pc2 and immersive that it’s absolutely worth the downgrade.

In pc1 the track was dry wet or drenched. Nothing in between. When it’s raining the track is wet. If there’s storm, suddenly the wet tires wouldn’t work anymore and you slide about. Switch to rain again and wet tires suddenly have more grip...
Pc2 the grip changes gradually. You can feel it diminishing on the slicks, then switch to wets and there’s grip but slowly that goes away as the puddles grow bigger. Having to dodge the puddles and take different lines it’s amazing.

But I agree with you again: if visuals, liveries, badges etc are your thing and sim racing isn’t your thing, pc2 is not for you.
I can’t see dirt but I can see the puddles just fine, even on my pixelated old plasma.

joelsantos24
23-05-2018, 12:21
Isn't it ironic, to see certain extreme weather conditions in the game, such as thunderstorms and literal floods, when we all know that no real race would take place in such context? I've spoken about this before, giving the same example: during the last 24 Hours of Nürburgring, the race director declared a Red Flag and the race was on hold for quite some time, before weather conditions cleared a bit and allowed for it to conclude.

Mad Al
23-05-2018, 13:12
Isn't it ironic, to see certain extreme weather conditions in the game, such as thunderstorms and literal floods, when we all know that no real race would take place in such context? I've spoken about this before, giving the same example: during the last 24 Hours of Nürburgring, the race director declared a Red Flag and the race was on hold for quite some time, before weather conditions cleared a bit and allowed for it to conclude.

And if the game did that, would you complain about sitting around doing nothing for an hour mid race ?

joelsantos24
23-05-2018, 13:21
And if the game did that, would you complain about sitting around doing nothing for an hour mid race ?
You clearly didn't get my point. I meant to say that the game just shouldn't have those extreme weather conditions, at all.

Sloskimo
23-05-2018, 13:48
You clearly didn't get my point. I meant to say that the game just shouldn't have those extreme weather conditions, at all.

The game does not constantly force you into these conditions, some people enjoy them. Besides the fact you seem to disagree with them, I do not see many major issues.

cpcdem
23-05-2018, 14:01
I think racing during a thunderstorm and especially in the night is an amazing experience. Just IMHO tone a lot down the puddles/lakes forming and all will be fantastic!

Sloskimo
23-05-2018, 14:04
I think racing during a thunderstorm and especially in the night is an amazing experience. Just IMHO tone a lot down the puddles/lakes forming and all will be fantastic!

Or bigger puddles, Project Cars 2 “The Great Lakes” Edition.

hkraft300
23-05-2018, 14:07
Sure there are extreme weather conditions in the game.
But we have RX, drift cars, couple of off road cars and road cars that can all to varying degrees handle that sort of weather. Even if it's at a snail's pace, just for laughs.
That said in 97 le mans when the McLaren F1 took the outright win, it was raining enough that the LMP cars were crashing out. I see your point, and I suppose in serious league competition they won't select red flag weather for their races.
We have the choice nonetheless.
Besides, wet track sorts the men from the boys, no? ;)

joelsantos24
23-05-2018, 14:09
The game does not constantly force you into these conditions, some people enjoy them. Besides the fact you seem to disagree with them, I do not see many major issues.
I don't play Project CARS 2, so I assume things might be better with you guys in the new game. I play the first game, and whenever it rains, it's a Biblical flood. :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, racing in a thunderstorm is a beautiful (visual) experience, indeed. But my actual problem with it, is that the AI doesn't reflect the difficulties of racing under such conditions. We're 10-15 seconds slower under heavy rain, perhaps even slower, and the AI literally hovers over the track. That's not really fun, and when a game isn't fun anymore, you simply stop playing it.

Mad Al
23-05-2018, 14:12
Be it as it may, motorsport doesn't really take place under such extreme weather conditions. And yet, the game does force you into it, one way or another. I don't play Project CARS 2, so I assume things might be better with you guys in the new game. I play the first game, and whenever it rains, it's a Biblical flood.

Then stop commenting on a thread about Project CARS 2 ...

hkraft300
23-05-2018, 14:23

Also pc2 dry-wet transition is nothing like pc1. It's progressive.

cpcdem
23-05-2018, 14:57
Besides, wet track sorts the men from the boys, no? ;)

Yeah, but lakes separate the cars from the submarines :)

John Hargreaves
23-05-2018, 14:58
They don't race open wheel cars in the dark without lights either, but it's a sandbox kind of game, so what about an F1 car on snow? Should that be allowed in the game or not? Just because it's a possible combination and Max Verstappen did it, nobody forces you to do it. The Porsche GT1 car does make a very good rallycross car, but the Lotus 49 on ice is not so satisfying, thing is I'm glad I had the chance to try.

joelsantos24
23-05-2018, 15:29
As you wish. The Forum is all yours.

UkHardcore23
23-05-2018, 15:59
I don't play Project CARS 2, so I assume things might be better with you guys in the new game. I play the first game, and whenever it rains, it's a Biblical flood. :rolleyes:

Times that flood by 3 and you have PCARS 2

Honestly i think SMS & T10 are trolling PD by showing them just how much rain/water they can get their games and sticking two fingers up at Kaz just for the hell of it :biggrin-new:

hkraft300
23-05-2018, 17:04
As you wish. The Forum is all yours.

Your assumptions and accusations about adverse weather in pc2 is wrong and discouraging.

Times that flood by 3 and you have PCARS 2

The first time in pc2, after a heavy downpour at Le Mans I came flying out of the Porsche curves in a Ligier all I got was Jesus-wall-wall- Christ :rolleyes:

Keena
23-05-2018, 17:18
Yeah, but lakes separate the cars from the submarines :)

Like this special wet setup?
https://youtu.be/xfOwSTXP-3o

simsimsheree
23-05-2018, 18:24
Thing is, does weather bother you? Turn it off.
Track too cold? Change the date or time.
Handling too hard? Start out on low power road cars and work your way up.
AI ramming you? Start from the back, learn their strengths and weaknesses.
(Console) Graphics taking a hit? Lower the size of the field (and start from the back!).
Penalties too harsh? Turn them off. The AI don't follow them anyway...

There's not much that can't be worked around in one fashion or another.

Online is another issue altogether. Disconnects, badly synced Livetrack, consoles missing room titles (and a very small fraction of the entire player base), many of these make the game problematic.

But the OP seems to have a rather limited approach in his needs. Custom liveries and little but GT3 round Nords...

I often really wonder about people that hold liveries in such high priority. Surely it doesn't matter what the skin is..? If the price for graphic freedom is lowered physics and tire model, is it really worth paying?

poirqc
25-05-2018, 14:22
Yes.

If you like racing, you'll be pleased.

DeanUK
26-05-2018, 12:21

Didn't look like a troll... I think he was saying there are only a limited number of racing sims on ps4 including PC2 and mentioned the others. He is entitled to his opinion surely? I personally like PC2 and feel it is an improvement over PC1, there are still a few issues that need tweaking and some of the cars are a bit hard to handle, but on the whole it's a great game. It has been quite a few months and some of the fixes are urgently needed. I'm guessing that's why he was disappointed.

hkraft300
26-05-2018, 12:59
Didn't look like a troll... I think he was saying there are only a limited number of racing sims on ps4 including PC2 and mentioned the others. He is entitled to his opinion surely? I personally like PC2 and feel it is an improvement over PC1, there are still a few issues that need tweaking and some of the cars are a bit hard to handle, but on the whole it's a great game. It has been quite a few months and some of the fixes are urgently needed. I'm guessing that's why he was disappointed.

Being disappointed at game issues is one thing.

This is entirely different:

Being entitled to ones opinions surely doesn’t trump ones responsibility to stop the spread of blatant misinformation?

DeanUK
26-05-2018, 16:38

This is entirely different:

Being entitled to ones opinions surely doesn’t trump ones responsibility to stop the spread of blatant misinformation?

Yeah I agree he could've been a bit more diplomatic and more constructive in his points.

It is similar in many ways to PC1 (which I loved by the way), and there are a few extra tracks (and the rally cross is good fun too).
There are still quite a few major bugs which a group of us encounter most nights when we racing online. (when host leaves lobby, the class changes from "same class" to "identical" which is irritating, and the dreaded finish your qualy lap and freeze on starting line, which holds the lobby up until you quite and rejoin).

Some of the functionality is slightly frustrating, not being able to change ALL of the lobby settings once the lobby has been created for instance. I know it's minor, but it would make the hosting smoother. The times we have to all quit and start a new lobby as pre-lobby-setting needs to be changed.

I've been "highlighting" these issues for a while on the forum and the support has been pretty invisible. The game has been out quite a while now and I would hope these bugs do get the attention they deserve in the near future.

The online multiplayer is great, when you get away from the first corner rammers (we've now got a good group of us playing so we can go private lobbys and it is much cleaner and close racing resumes), apart from the times when you have minor incident, slight contact (side to side, or front to rear) which results in major catastrophe. It's almost like a reverse magnetic affect, as if the contact cause an explosion and pushes both cars in opposite directions. This doesn't happen in the real world, so it could be dulled down a little.

The game industry does have a habit of producing games in a slightly unfinished state to meet the launch deadlines (this is accepted as the norm these days), but when a game has broken huge records for revenue, one would assume the finishing of the product and bug fixes would take the highest priority. The fact that project cars 2 has this awesome forum with a huge amount of serious racers providing valuable feedback should be seen as a great tool for SMS to get on top of issues. But for some reason it is seen as negativity and not taken as a positive.

That guy who has been banned for trolling gave his interpretation of feedback which for any business should be looked at as a way of improving the product. I've just covered all his points from my experience. I don't feel I've spread blatant misinformation by doing so. I think most people on here are all in agreement that the game is good, but want to help improve it to make it even better.

Cladandadum
26-05-2018, 17:07
I'd still like to know what a costume championship is?

sas5320
26-05-2018, 17:25
@DeanUK you couldn't have said anymore "constructively" and the ball is in SMS' court now.

My guess they have only a skeleton staff left on this game, for a company their size that would be roughly 10 people 100% on the bugs only. Rest of company on other projects. And if you know where to look you can find they still lose some guys these days from the team. So knowledge loss also.

If there is a pc3 I wonder how they will market it now that we know their history of these 2 ambitious games

Note: and SMS is not breaking ground here, plenty other companies cannot afford to support their games what they really deserve. They are just among "those guys"

simsimsheree
26-05-2018, 17:29

What was the misinformation? What was radically different from PC1 to PC2?

Livetrack? (Buggy)
RX? (niche sport)
Graphics? (problematic on consoles)

I think foxy pretty much nailed it. Most of the issues from PC1 are still around (buggy, badly designed multiplayer, scripted career, no custom championships). I see very little difference.

Yes, as foxy points out, drive it and see if you FEEL the difference (and I agree there is one there), but other than the new tracks, new cars, and tweaked tire and physics models, what really HAS changed? The buglist doesn't seem any smaller...

OTOH, if you could live with PC1, you can likely live with PC2, and gain Livetrack and the new tire and handling models. So I would always recommend the latest version of a game. But don't confuse your enthusiasm with a game for infallible facts.

Being entitled to ones opinion doesn't trump ones responsibility to offer it as such, not pretend it is factual.

hkraft300
26-05-2018, 17:32

The fact that project cars 2 has this awesome forum with a huge amount of serious racers providing valuable feedback should be seen as a great tool for SMS to get on top of issues. But for some reason it is seen as negativity and not taken as a positive.

That guy who has been banned for trolling gave his interpretation of feedback which for any business should be looked at as a way of improving the product. I've just covered all his points from my experience. I don't feel I've spread blatant misinformation by doing so. I think most people on here are all in agreement that the game is good, but want to help improve it to make it even better.

Valuable feedback vs trolling. Difference is obvious.
I'd love to see those UI glitches polished. They're like anchovies on a pizza, not the nice kind. You can work around it but you'd rather not.

I'd still like to know what a costume championship is?

http://youtu.be/RpoYF-4MBto

simsimsheree
26-05-2018, 17:46
BTW, how constructive do you expect a criticism to be about a major issue that has remained unchanged since the launch of PC1?

There comes a time when you realize the devs simply don't care. How constructive is THAT?

Konan
26-05-2018, 17:53
There comes a time when you realize the devs simply don't care. How constructive is THAT?

How can you realize something that isn't even true?
I don't know how you got this wrong idea in your head but i can assure you SMS actually DOES care...

sas5320
26-05-2018, 17:55
Then they have a Funny way of showing they care, how many blue posts in May? Where's the engagement? I don't mean the angry ones, even the "constructive" ones abandoned? Again, other studios do the same. The great ones continue the dialogue.

sas5320
26-05-2018, 17:58
See Blizzard: "EVERY Voice matters". http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/mission.html

"Every employee is encouraged to speak up, listen, be respectful of other opinions, and embrace criticism as just another avenue for great ideas."

I agree it does not mean tolerate death threats, but I don't see that here these days anyway

Konan
26-05-2018, 18:01
Then they have a Funny way of showing they care, how many blue posts in May? Where's the engagement? I don't mean the angry ones, even the "constructive" ones abandoned? Again, other studios do the same. The great ones continue the dialogue.

So not responding enough to your standards means they're not engaged anymore?
Besides if i were in their place i would stop communicating as well seeing most of the communication is answered with insults/complaints/rants/nagging/...

pcars rookie
26-05-2018, 18:03
Should I buy Project Cars2-----------Yes for sure .

The program cost less than a dinner out for two and then we leave the table .

simsimsheree
26-05-2018, 18:16
The highly flawed lobby system hasn't changed since PC1. If that is the devs caring, you have a very low bar.

The console save limit for replays (half of what PC1 had) hasn't even been acknowledged, explained or fixed for 7 months. If that is the devs caring, you have a very low bar.

There has been almost zero blue communication and engagement with the community for several months. If that is the devs caring, you have a very low bar.

New patches are coming out with minimal documentation compared to the first four. If that is the devs caring, you have a very low bar.

How many more games will have to come out with these issues unaddressed before you DO admit they don't care? Give us a number, so that when it arrives, we can revisit this...

I hope you never take your own advice and cut off communicating with your customers when they have legitimate issues in real life. Your odds of making a decent living won't be very high.

UkHardcore23
26-05-2018, 18:26
See Blizzard: "EVERY Voice matters". http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/mission.html

"Every employee is encouraged to speak up, listen, be respectful of other opinions, and embrace criticism as just another avenue for great ideas."

I agree it does not mean tolerate death threats, but I don't see that here these days anyway

SMS have a new arcade racer coming out so id imagine they are way to busy to come here and rightly so the new game has to get priority and their time.

simsimsheree
26-05-2018, 18:39
Rinse and repeat...

SMS always seem to have something coming out that prevents major issues from being fixed before a new game comes out. For PC1, it was PC2. Now it's the mobile game. Then it will be PC3.

Rinse and repeat.

If that is the devs caring, we have a very low bar.

Konan
26-05-2018, 18:48
The highly flawed lobby system hasn't changed since PC1. If that is the devs caring, you have a very low bar.

The console save limit for replays (half of what PC1 had) hasn't even been acknowledged, explained or fixed for 7 months. If that is the devs caring, you have a very low bar.

There has been almost zero blue communication and engagement with the community for several months. If that is the devs caring, you have a very low bar.

New patches are coming out with minimal documentation compared to the first four. If that is the devs caring, you have a very low bar.

How many more games will have to come out with these issues unaddressed before you DO admit they don't care? Give us a number, so that when it arrives, we can revisit this...

I hope you never take your own advice and cut off communicating with your customers when they have legitimate issues in real life. Your odds of making a decent living won't be very high.

You're just trying to put words in my mouth now.
I said the main reason why they don't communicate as much lately is because the way they are treated somehow when they do.
You accuse SMS for not caring simply because you don't see results...i think i know a little bit more about these things than you on those matters and if i say they care i say it because i know they do...

I do make a decent living but if people complain in the same way as some do over here i do show them the door...and those are orders from my boss BTW...
No need for one bad apple to ruin the lot.

Konan
26-05-2018, 18:50
Rinse and repeat...

SMS always seem to have something coming out that prevents major issues from being fixed before a new game comes out. For PC1, it was PC2. Now it's the mobile game. Then it will be PC3.

Rinse and repeat.

If that is the devs caring, we have a very low bar.

That mobile game isn't being developed by SMS...
Rewind and erase

simsimsheree
26-05-2018, 18:52
And if a LOT of them do the same, you think your boss don't care?

There's an old maxim... 'The customer is always right'.

If you fail to realize that the reason your customers are getting increasingly vexed is because you have spent years failing to address their concerns, you are not long for the scrapheap. As is a long, long, long list of games that had the same attitude.

simsimsheree
26-05-2018, 18:54
That mobile game isn't being developed by SMS...
Rewind and erase

SMS have a new arcade racer coming out so id imagine they are way to busy to come here and rightly so the new game has to get priority and their time.

Konan... Try criticizing the FIRST person spreading the incorrect information. Or accept that if you don't, you can't criticize someone who assumes (because you didn't) that it is correct.

UkHardcore23
26-05-2018, 19:48
Konan... Try criticizing the FIRST person spreading the incorrect information. Or accept that if you don't, you can't criticize someone who assumes (because you didn't) that it is correct.

What incorrect information?!?!...they have an arcade racer nfs style in development

This forum is way to defensive and to many are desperate to jump on you. You guys need to chill and stop wanting to argue constantly.

CodeCmdr
26-05-2018, 19:50
My answer to the OP: only if you don't mind all the bugs.

I keep checking back on this forum every couple of weeks, hoping to read something about a new patch that fixes some more bugs, because the driving physics are really good. But unfortunately it seems like SMS has stopped development on PCars2, even though it still has so many quality issues. PCars2 should have never been released in the shoddy state it's in; I'm amazed that Microsoft and Sony even let SMS release this buggy product. Even really dead-obvious bugs which should be trivial to fix, such as incorrect nationality flags being shown next to your player in the UI, still haven't been fixed, and all the community feedback on making the multiplayer system better have been completely ignored.

Konan
26-05-2018, 19:53
Please do check "SMS posts" once in a while...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62712-Unofficial-issue-list-Post-Patch-5-0&p=1510026&viewfull=1#post1510026

cpcdem
26-05-2018, 22:39

Can't you understand that it's probably hearing stuff like that, that makes them not want to participate here?

They have spent literally 1000s of hours in order to create this game, for many of them it's a very big part of their lives and you really think they do not care about it? Yeah, maybe their resources are limited, or maybe they are also working on other projects as well indeed, so the rate at which bugs are fixed is lower than what we'd want, but in absolutely no way you can say that they do not care. I suspect hearing that hurts them more than the "threatening" posts...

Let's see what patch 6 does, I guess it should be out very soon now, maybe it will have lots of improvements, at least i hope so. And btw, even if they are working also on other projects, most likely in those other projects they will be using the same game engine, so fixing problems on it, applies both to other projects and to the current PC2 game...

DeanUK
27-05-2018, 00:29

I agree new projects are important as they are the next revenue stream, but nearly all other businesses have to finish the job in hand before moving on. Why is it acceptable for the gaming industry not to finish off their products? Video games are not cheap these days... you pay nearly £50 for a game on day of release, and another £30 for the DLC for something that isn't complete. We aren't asking for ridiculous new features, we are asking for the existing features, the features a standard sim should have to actually work.

I agree with the moderator that forum comments shouldn't be insulting or rants, but how many times can you say something constructive and not be listened to before you do get frustrated and angry?

UkHardcore23
27-05-2018, 00:32
I agree new projects are important as they are the next revenue stream, but nearly all other businesses have to finish the job in hand before moving on. Why is it acceptable for the gaming industry not to finish off their products? Video games are not cheap these days... you pay nearly £50 for a game on day of release, and another £30 for the DLC for something that isn't complete. We aren't asking for ridiculous new features, we are asking for the existing features, the features a standard sim should have to actually work.

I agree with the moderator that forum comments shouldn't be insulting or rants, but how many times can you say something constructive and not be listened to before you do get frustrated and angry?

They are finishing the game we still get the odd patch and dlc. Not being on a forum due to being to busy is nothing to do with finishing the game.

DeanUK
27-05-2018, 00:42
They have spent literally 1000s of hours in order to create this game, for many of them it's a very big part of their lives and you really think they do not care about it? Yeah, maybe their resources are limited, or maybe they are also working on other projects as well indeed, so the rate at which bugs are fixed is lower than what we'd want, but in absolutely no way you can say that they do not care. I suspect hearing that hurts them more than the "threatening" posts...

They sold more than 2 million copies of Project Cars, surely that alone should enable them to increase their resources? I don't know how many copies of Project Cars 2 they have sold, but I'm sure it was a success financially. As a customer I understand when there are problems as long as there is still communication. We are all SMS customers and if they look after us now, and are seen to be looking after us, then we are definitely more likely to buy their next racing sim. We are also more likely to recommend their games to friends etc. It's a win win.

simsimsheree
27-05-2018, 00:47
Completely redesigning the lobby system isn't a 'patch'. It was something widely criticized during PC1's run, and should have been dumped by this mythical 'caring' company in favor of something its customers actually wanted.

A company that completely ignores its major flaws, then turns truculent and uncommunicative when facing the justifiable complaints that they refused to listen is not long for this world.

I do read the blue posts. Few and far between, these days. Do you? Or are you confusing it with private WMD communication, that those not enrolled in are not privy to? Compare one month's worth of them now with a month from say Dec'17. I rest my case.

This forum is not a voluntary participation site for SMS. This is their personal, official site, the place they communicate with their customers. Yes, customers. Those people that put the clothes on their backs, the cars in their driveway, the beer in their mugs. How about getting with the program? If they don't want to hear people bitching about the same old problems that have existed for years...

FIX THEM!

hkraft300
27-05-2018, 00:49
BTW, how constructive do you expect a criticism to be about a major issue that has remained unchanged since the launch of PC1?

Just because things don't work quite the way you want them to, doesn't mean criticism and the related discussion has to turn to insults and tantrums.

DeanUK - constructive criticism.
Foxymop nailed it? You're killing your own cred.

Don't mind me though. I just fanboy a lot.

morpwr
27-05-2018, 01:11
For some reason this forum seems to have the biggest complainers while another sim I play hasn't had ffb if you change anything for 2 weeks on most wheels after the last update and only minor bitching. Yet the hood emblem is off center 2mm and its the end of the world.....

sloppysmusic
27-05-2018, 01:59
Just because things don't work quite the way you want them to, doesn't mean criticism and the related discussion has to turn to insults and tantrums.

DeanUK - constructive criticism.
Foxymop nailed it? You're killing your own cred.

Don't mind me though. I just fanboy a lot.

Fanboy all you like, just please don't fan service!
:frog:

Konan
27-05-2018, 04:18
A company that completely ignores its major flaws, then turns truculent and uncommunicative when facing the justifiable complaints that they refused to listen is not long for this world.

Don't say i didn't warn you multiple times...

CodeCmdr
27-05-2018, 10:00
Don't say i didn't warn you multiple times...

Banning everyone who criticizes SMS will reduce their sales, and it won't motivate them to make their product better. That guy you banned didn't say anything offensive. Which forum policy did he violate?

cpcdem
27-05-2018, 10:16
It is interesting to check his first http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62101-Replays-on-PS4Pro&p=1491742&viewfull=1#post1491742 and his last http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?63269-Should-I-buy-ProjectCars2&p=1512704&viewfull=1#post1512704 post in this forum. Interesting how a new guy knows what was going on through PC1. Anyway, it is sad when someone is banned, but on the other hand, "they do not care", "they do not care", "they do not care"...

Konan
27-05-2018, 10:28
Banning everyone who criticizes SMS will reduce their sales, and it won't motivate them to make their product better. That guy you banned didn't say anything offensive. Which forum policy did he violate?

I am not going to post every offensive thing he said over here...look at his post history,that should say enough...
BTW i only gave him a two week timeout...
Also (and i think i've said this about a hundred times already) people don't get banned for criticism but for the way they do...calling SMS oblivious,ignoring issues,not caring will do that. (Especially when it comes from the same user over and over again)

hkraft300
27-05-2018, 13:03
Banning everyone who criticizes SMS will reduce their sales, ...

Did deanuk get banned for his criticism too?
:rolleyes:

rich1e I
27-05-2018, 13:36
This guy and people who talk a lot of BS like him are probably the reason why devs haven't been logging in on the forums lately. If I were a SMS dev and I had to read so much unfounded BS and lies my diplomatic capabilities would be gone pretty quick.

Malcstar
27-05-2018, 14:14
Haha...Talking about bugs and here I am trying to dodge rammers!

I am glad there's a forum to discuss, help and share experiences. I have no major issues with the way I play the game, which is online. Forum is a big help to understanding what's going on and finding ways to work around the issues. PC2 is far from perfect and it may never be. I play it for what it is now, a great entertaining game that has a huge amount of base content. Seriously, I'm addicted playing this game. I would still buy it knowing how it is now.

DeanUK
27-05-2018, 17:51
Did deanuk get banned for his criticism too?
:rolleyes:

I hope not. I tried to be constructive. I care 🙂

tyllelly49
14-03-2019, 07:15
Yeah you should. Don't restrict yourself with a small screen which is only suitable for games from top1apk. Get something real and you will feel like you should have bought it for long time ago.

Darkdoc
07-04-2019, 10:37
The game industry does have a habit of producing games in a slightly unfinished state to meet the launch deadlines (this is accepted as the norm these days)
Or is it? The review scores of PC2 were lower than they should have been, and it sold less than the first game. Isn't that an indication that people didn't tolerate it?

I see where you're coming from. SMS have to make sure that game is finished and tested, so they can repair their reputation. But then, we can't go using this excuse forever. If there is going to be a new game every 1-2 years, they won't ever be able to fix any bugs with the newest one.

Ultimately, it's easier to keep an existing customer than get a new one. SMS should be doing everything they can to please their customers. That way, people on message boards would simply be saying "Yes.", rather than "yes, I might be able to recommend it to you if you can look past all the bugs". Nobody likes a conditional.

Buggy games mean that you lose players, which no company can afford. Releasing a game that blows people away, with no exceptions hanging over it, is how you grow the playerbase. Imagine how much more positive it would be if this board didn't need all the complaints and bug collection threads.