PDA

View Full Version : Buttkicker Gamer 2

Dark_Zilll
20-05-2018, 14:33
Hey guys I would like to ask how's the performance of the Buttkicker Gamer 2 when playing project cars 2 ?

Niall14
20-05-2018, 20:21
If it's on console then probably not good. I've got 2 dayton audio bass shakers on my rig and the effect is very poor in pCars2 on Xbox. Search the forum, there are several threads on the topic of LFE effects / lack of bass.

TWIsM
21-05-2018, 11:04
I have the BG2 it’s mounted to the metal part of my rig just under the seat. You can feel rubbles from the curbs, gearchanges, bumps, vibrations while idle. It might not be at precise as some of the feedback you get bit simvibe on pc but it is enough to create a very impressive experience. I can’t run without I now I have tried it. I’ll recommend it.

thomasjohansen
21-05-2018, 15:05
possible to make youself, I have and working great....

Credit amstudio and "wotever" from racedepartment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aLqqcEaUVk&list=PLL6esypUuH08DKbmvc2Qd17g_cDqpejsn&t=0s&index=20

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/shakeit-diy-rumble-feedback-for-assettocorsa-codmasters-pcars-rf1-rf2-iracing.13563/

I have following, only cost me about 15 euro or so:

1 on brakepedal - rumble when brakes lockup or car slides.
1 on speederpedal - rumble when wheelspin or car slides
2 below my seat, left and right, simulating kerbs and sliding. The two last ones are not as feelable as wanted, but okay.

warth0g
21-05-2018, 21:28
I have the BG2 it’s mounted to the metal part of my rig just under the seat. You can feel rubbles from the curbs, gearchanges, bumps, vibrations while idle. It might not be at precise as some of the feedback you get bit simvibe on pc but it is enough to create a very impressive experience. I can’t run without I now I have tried it. I’ll recommend it.

Interesting - and is that on the PS4 or on PC? If on PS4, is it particularly difficult to implement or does it work out of the box? it's something I'm thinking about adding to the new rig that I'm planning...

inthebagbud
21-05-2018, 22:14

I would agree with that 100%. I bought the BK2 for xbox and ran it for 8 months or so before moving to pc. It works out of the box and I couldn't play without it being turned on . Yes you can have more than 1 but even now i can't persaude myself to buy anymore even on pc as 1 gives just that more realism .

You also need to consider where your rig is as they do rattle so you have to try and insulate the noise from traveling over the whole house

Buy it and enjoy

TWIsM
22-05-2018, 10:59
It’s on the PS4. It works out of the box no setup. I had a bit of troubles with the connection since I run my audio trough and old AV receiver. I had to get an hdmi splitter to get audio and vibration at the same time.