PDA

View Full Version : Custom Championships??

Irishnewblood
21-05-2018, 03:07
OK so I and a lot of others have wanted this for literally years now, its all this game is missing.
I remember back in a post for PCars1,Ian Bell himself said that they had worked out a rudimentary way of doing it,but it was way too unstable for that game and it would have to wait for PCars2......
Well we're like a year on and still nothing yet about it? Can we please have an answer one way or the other? At this stage it's genuinely making me lose faith in the game and the company...... By the way this is offline I am talking about.

sas5320
21-05-2018, 09:04
"next iteration" = project cars 3 (another $60 please)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/3-01-is-smashing-but-will-we-ever-get-an-offline-championship-mode.371608/page-2#post-12110350

foxymop
21-05-2018, 09:21
Still, "PC2 is the sim with the most amount of features from all sims.", like dynamic weather.... seeing the sun moving.... photo mode in the middle of the race... ice tracks.... like.... things much more important then custom championship. who wants that?

:p

Lord of the Racing
21-05-2018, 12:48
Still, "PC2 is the sim with the most amount of features from all sims.", like dynamic weather.... seeing the sun moving.... photo mode in the middle of the race... ice tracks.... like.... things much more important then custom championship. who wants that?

:p

Sorry but for me all the things you listed are less important than customs championships. With the high number of cars and tracks, the night/day cycle and the weather conditions it is more and more attractive to have the customs championships available. Especially if we consider that a large number of cars are totally ignored by the career: GT1, GTO.. . and also the career championships are a little poor. The customs championships would be a really added value to PC2

cluck
21-05-2018, 13:01
Sorry but for me all the things you listed are less important than customs championships. With the high number of cars and tracks, the night/day cycle and the weather conditions it is more and more attractive to have the customs championships available. Especially if we consider that a large number of cars are totally ignored by the career: GT1, GTO.. . and also the career championships are a little poor. The customs championships would be a really added value to PC2It should have been fairly obvious that foxymop was being sarcastic.

Would it be nice to have it, for those that want it? Of course. But it isn't in the game and there's no recent word on whether or not it will be coming. As for foxymop's sarcastic comment, pCARS2 does do a lot more than all the other sims out there, just because it doesn't necessarily do the one thing that some people want, doesn't make it less of a sim. But I'm stepping away from this specific topic (rather than the topic of the thread itself) as it isn't going to go anywhere.

hmmsk
21-05-2018, 17:08
I would even pay 20 GBP for a DLC just to have custom championships.

IT IS SUCH A BIG HOLE IN THIS GAME!!!! With the huge amount of combos you can do, a custom championship would be a dream! Imagine taking historical cars with all the historical tracks, and making a historical championship. OH LAWDY THE POSSIBILITIES!

I've even seriously considered starting a petition just to get this into the game, which I may still do. I have also posted here on other threads, that I am certain, that the coding required to allow AI to be placed into custom offline championships is minimal. So when updates with this game are done and that option will not be there - we will all be able to know it was on purpose and with an intention (potentially to sell PCars 3). I find it a shame :(. But I am not kidding - I would be willing to pay up for the option.

Lord of the Racing
22-05-2018, 06:04
It should have been fairly obvious that foxymop was being sarcastic.

Would it be nice to have it, for those that want it? Of course. But it isn't in the game and there's no recent word on whether or not it will be coming. As for foxymop's sarcastic comment, pCARS2 does do a lot more than all the other sims out there, just because it doesn't necessarily do the one thing that some people want, doesn't make it less of a sim. But I'm stepping away from this specific topic (rather than the topic of the thread itself) as it isn't going to go anywhere.
I did nit catched the sarcasm in post of foxymop. Sorry for that.
In any case sarcastic or not sarcastic nothing change about my mind regarding the customs championships: not having it in PC2 should be a missed chance because the career is not fully consinstent: not all cars have a championship, the weather of each event is fixed, in PC1 the career champioship followed the main real world rules (ex. In GT3 you were obliged to pit)...
Personally I consider the career (only the career) of PC1 better structured and immersive than the one in PC2. For all above I will be available also to pay to get them and I think a lot of other people like me.

The__Gasman
27-05-2018, 08:19
From what I remember GeneRally had championships using same AI drivers and cars.... was that 2002?

sampopel
30-05-2018, 17:49
For all of the great features and details in this game, I still barely play it because of the lack of a satisfying championship mode. It's just a series of one of meaningless races against random AI. It really needs a fully customisable championship mode with consistent AI (to create proper rivalries) to compel me to play.