PDA

View Full Version : help for a newbie

spiderman
21-05-2018, 18:46
hi i'm new here and i'm looking for help. i have recently purchased Project CARS 2 for a PS4. The problem i am having is that on a number of track i am suffering 'juddering' of the track and the background. The car/interior is clear but as the background/track/scenery goes by it is not a smooth seamless panorama it is is a series of still images. sorry, its quite hard to explain. I cant find any settings within PC2 that refer to this. it is most noticable when going round a tight corner when the background scenery has to change quickly.

does any one know what is causing this ?

I hope you can help as its very distracting and frustrating.

buick87gn
21-05-2018, 21:03
hi i'm new here and i'm looking for help. i have recently purchased Project CARS 2 for a PS4. The problem i am having is that on a number of track i am suffering 'juddering' of the track and the background. The car/interior is clear but as the background/track/scenery goes by it is not a smooth seamless panorama it is is a series of still images. sorry, its quite hard to explain. I cant find any settings within PC2 that refer to this. it is most noticable when going round a tight corner when the background scenery has to change quickly.

I am using a PS4 Pro console with zero problems using the default graphic settings in PC2. Sounds like you might have a hardware problem with your console.

sloppysmusic
22-05-2018, 02:32

try exiting the race and restarting project cars 2 then going straight back into the same race. Is it fixed? I get this often on my Pro if I practice in Time trial then go to career..sometimes its horrible like 15fps. The restart always fixes it for me.

Atak Kat
22-05-2018, 04:20
try exiting the race and restarting project cars 2 then going straight back into the same race. Is it fixed? I get this often on my Pro if I practice in Time trial then go to career..sometimes its horrible like 15fps. The restart always fixes it for me.

I've had similar issues when going from one thing to another in the game. I restart the game now whenever I change. Super annoying and we should not need to do that. But it seems to work better if you do.
I can notice it immediately with the resolution on the Motec display in cockpit view when you are in the garage. I can immediately tell the resolution is lower, and I simply restart the game. Frustrating.

hkraft300
22-05-2018, 15:59
HDMI cable? Might the data rate be too low?
I’m on PS4 and unless there’s lots of cars racing close in bad weather I don’t see it and rarely notice it.
Too busy trying to find the apex.

Is it an LED tv? 4K? I get motion blur on my lounge room LG I bought last year but my old plasma doesn’t stutter.

simsimsheree
23-05-2018, 02:14
Perhaps the OP needs to give us more info.

PS4 or PS4Pro? 1080 TV or 4K? What are your graphics settings set to in the PS4 and in the game?

Admittedly, even with a Pro, occasionally you get lower framerates (which is what tends to make the background stutter a bit in panned shots), and certainly the size of the field can affect it (you might want to restrict yourself to no more than say 20 opponents on a vanilla PS4), and weather can make it worse. Some brightly lit, tree surrounded tracks can tax the system, too (Monza and Brands in late afternoon bright sunlight can get flickery). There are also a few tracks where certain spots on them, in certain lighting or weather (Texas Speedway Road has a bad corner, for instance).

And yes, there is a known bug that can affect framerates badly after doing a Time Trial (try booting the PS4 and going straight to Online or Custom Race, skip the TT).

On the whole, with a Pro, framerates are generally acceptable (except replays, which are capped at 30fps on console, dammit!), but the game is designed for high end computers, so there's always a bit of compromise graphically on console. Just be glad you have a PS4... word is, it's even worse on XBONE!

BTW, Spiderman, you need to edit your profile so the correct platform is shown, if you don't want to get a whole bunch of contradictory advice from people playing on PC! You might also add your setup in your 'Signature', like many of us have done. It helps people give you the right advice when they know what you are using...

spiderman
23-05-2018, 19:27
Thanks for the advice guys. Ive a bog standard PS4 and a 1080 Samsung TV. A simple re-start of the PS4 seems to have resolved it. I'll see how it goes. Thanks again.