PDA

View Full Version : Ginetta GT5

Pisan777
22-05-2018, 13:47
Hello all,

Been playing around with the pressures. Anyone w/ any experience in the GT5 can offer up some ideal target hot pressures to run for this thing. Awesome little car this bugger is!

blinkngone
22-05-2018, 13:49
Hey did you check these out already? http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62938-Sloppy-s-Fast-Stable-and-Fun-Career-Tunes-(G29)

Racing4Life
22-05-2018, 13:50
He's asking for tire pressures!

@Pisan777: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57541-Project-CARS-2-Tyre-Temps

blinkngone
22-05-2018, 13:54

@Pisan777: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57541-Project-CARS-2-Tyre-Temps

Those tunes have the best tire pressures for those 3 tracks as far the way he has tuned the cars. They also match up pretty good with the PC TT leaderboards especially considering they are not TT setups.

AbeWoz
22-05-2018, 14:05

maybe actually look at the thread instead of just the title.......

Edit: got Konan to adjust the thread name accordingly to avoid some confusions.

Pisan777
22-05-2018, 14:06

So would the GT5 fall into the category of touring then?

Pisan777
22-05-2018, 14:07
Thanks blink. I will check out!

Racing4Life
22-05-2018, 14:24
maybe actually look at the thread instead of just the title.......
Actually I did.

He asked for the ideal target pressures. And for GT-Cars the ideal target pressure is 1.80 Bar, a lill less on slow tracks, a lill more on fast tracks. But for starters he has to aim for 1.80 bar and adjust according to the track.

blinkngone
22-05-2018, 14:28
So would the GT5 fall into the category of touring then?

Yes TC. "Touring cars & V8 Supercar: 2.0-2.15bar front and rear" 2 Laps at Silverstone national at Default tire pressures ended up here, 2.089 Bar front and 1.849 rear. Since this car doesn't have brake ducts to help you control the pressure build up as you drive if you want to maintain a tire pressure target you would have to adjust your driving style. You need to adjust the tire pressures for your driving style and the rest of the set up changes you make.
Default Loose.

AbeWoz
22-05-2018, 14:28
Actually I did.

He asked for the ideal target pressures. And for GT-Cars the ideal target pressure is 1.80 Bar, a lill less on slow tracks, a lill more on fast tracks. But for starters he has to aim for 1.80 bar and adjust according to the track.

my mistake, i misread you post and the one previous.

blinkngone
22-05-2018, 14:29
Actually I did.

What? Check out the Default tire pressures for this car with it's skinny tires. Do you think Default is that far off?

PC TT WR tire pressures on the out lap.

cpcdem
22-05-2018, 14:54
I have been using the GT5 a lot lately, as we're racing it in a league, and to me it seems this car has a very wide working range for pressures. Default pressures have always been fine for me, once the tires are up to temperature, I can not see a noticeable difference between say 2.0 and 2.2 psi. Edit: This is for front tires, default pressures for rear are much lower, but still work just fine for me.

Pisan777
22-05-2018, 15:07
I tend to favor the grippy side of things. I was testing last night for a leauge race. And dropped front to 20.2and rears the same and I also didn’t notice a huge diff from default

blinkngone
22-05-2018, 15:38
I have been using the GT5 a lot lately, as we're racing it in a league, and to me it seems this car has a very wide working range for pressures. Default pressures have always been fine for me, once the tires are up to temperature, I can not see a noticeable difference between say 2.0 and 2.2 psi. Edit: This is for front tires, default pressures for rear are much lower, but still work just fine for me.

Thanks. I guess you figured out I used your run as example.:D Yeah, that wide range is what I was seeing checking out setups, it seems you can use the pressure that suits you best. With only 160 hp you need to carry as much speed as possible so depending on the track maybe you could use even higher pressures.

cpcdem
22-05-2018, 15:47
Thanks. I guess you figured out I used your run as example.:D Yeah, that wide range is what I was seeing checking out setups, it seems you can use the pressure that suits you best. With only 160 hp you need to carry as much speed as possible so depending on the track maybe you could use even higher pressures.

Yeap :). We've had a long race there recently, due to the extremely extensive testing we've done with you in this forum (thanks!) I was very familiar with the track, but gave it some testing with different pressures and could not see an advantage with higher pressures, or more even ones between front-rear, so I raced with the default ones. Tire wear was fine, too, I pitted after 40 laps only because we had a mandatory pitstop, but otherwise lap times were still fine.