PDA

View Full Version : Drivable cars

GregFowler
23-05-2018, 19:54
First , let me state that I only spend about an hour a day with PC2. There are no doubt more informed opinions on this topic but let me make some observations.

The Ginetta (in all its variations) is a compliant, steady performer. Easier to keep at the edge of adhesion.
The Lambo Trofeo handles well, too for the same reason.

I don't know if it because they are under-powered, but the Formula Rookie also fits this bill. So fun to drive

At the other end of the spectrum are the Rennsport fellows (yeah, I had trouble there, all the way through at every track) and I would lump in the Formula X as well. I never came to understand any of these vehicles enough to trust them on corner entry and exit. And that is what makes it for me I think, especially corner entry. Some cars have so much attitude I can't get the best out of them. And if it rains...forget it.

Just some thoughts from a 53 year old.

John Hargreaves
23-05-2018, 20:01
Have a go with the Aston Martin DBR1-300, the old 1950s one, it's a very forgiving car and great fun to throw around the 'Ring.

Tank621
23-05-2018, 21:50
GT3 cars are pretty forgiving and the LMPs are not too bad if you're looking for something quicker

Or if you're into historic race cars I personally find the Lotus 72D to be not too difficult and the BMW M1 Procar is an absolute must try

To begin with I would stay away from Group 5, Lotus 98T, Formula A, Formula X as those are probably the most challenging to drive

TorTorden
23-05-2018, 22:24
I just can't get enough of the Caterham seven myself.
My definite go to, learn a track car.

Fast enough to contend, forgiving enough to slide around in corners.

hkraft300
24-05-2018, 17:26
LMP3 Ginetta is super easy.
Radical RXC. Reckon the SR3 is pretty easy too.
+1 for the 72D and 78. Even if you get a downshift wrong on entry you can hang on to them.
Vantage GTE and the Ford GTLM.
Audi R8 and Bentley Soeed 8 LMP900.
Acura NSX GT3.
Ferrari 365.
Lamborghini Diablo.
Nissan GTP and R89C. So much aero and grip on them you can’t really screw it up. Getting and keeping to their incredibly high limit is another matter!
Mercedes 190.

simsimsheree
24-05-2018, 19:49
Might be handy if the mods provide a sticky with a list of the 20 easiest to drive cars and the 20 hardest to control...

A lot of beginners might find this incredibly useful, and have a less frustrating introduction to the game.

Might be good to include a list of track conditions that are optimal for the tire models and those beginners should avoid like the plague, too!

Tank621
24-05-2018, 20:11
Might be handy if the mods provide a sticky with a list of the 20 easiest to drive cars and the 20 hardest to control...

A lot of beginners might find this incredibly useful, and have a less frustrating introduction to the game.

Might be good to include a list of track conditions that are optimal for the tire models and those beginners should avoid like the plague, too!

It would but 'control difficulty' is not something that is easy to measure and is very difficult to have a truly objective opinion over

theoracleprodigy
24-05-2018, 20:39
[QUOTE=Tank621;1512217]It would but 'control difficulty' is not something that is easy to measure and is very difficult to have a truly objective opinion over[/QU

Are you sure? I know some cars that are crazy difficult to control. One that comes to mind will oversteer in beginning then understeer if you push too hard, oversteer under gas, oversteer in mid with lift off throttle, and does not trail brake at all. F1 anyone? I love that car though and it would be in my top 5. My other one would be an older lotus with a ford engine. It has a crazy amount of lift off oversteer in the entrance of the corners which makes me laugh every time. Someone mentioned the formula ford as being easy. I see that car has having a lot of oversteer on corner exit but it's fun at its limits. You just pin the throttle the entire time and counter steer every time when it gets sideways. The only thing is that any car can be tuned to drive how ever you want. Out of the box though we have some real winners in pc2. Lots of them that need brake bias work to even drive.

If we are talking easy cars, I would go with the ktm xbow I don't think it's been mentioned. Also agree with the acura gt3 car. It seems pretty well balanced even at stock lose settings.

simsimsheree
24-05-2018, 21:08
It would but 'control difficulty' is not something that is easy to measure and is very difficult to have a truly objective opinion over

Actually, no. We already have a plethora of threads with either praise or damning for different cars. A thread like I suggest might simply ask for players' Top 3 Best and Worst Handling cars (on stock tunes, it might be too much to account for thousands of different tunes), and then tallied and charted on an ongoing basis.

I bet even you could provide one. You know what you love, what you hate. When enough of us participate, you get an average. The idea isn't to provide objectivity. The object is to provide averages...

It's how polls work. If something is empirically quantifiable, you don't need a poll!

hkraft300
25-05-2018, 01:10

It’s all subjective.
Some people click with the lift off oversteer of the rookie or other cars, some hate it.

I find the LMP900 Audi and Bentley easy, some people will hate it and find it hard to find its limits. Same as the group c Nissan’s.

Some will hate the power oversteer of the 72 and 78. I love the adjustability.

Suppose we can reach a consensus on easy to drive cars (default or tuned) even if it is subjective.