PDA

View Full Version : little advice (braking issues)

FishHead
26-05-2018, 16:00
hi all, i am getting a little frustrated in project cars 2, maybe it is my settings i don't know but i need guidance.
so i will start with my set up, G29 driving force wheel pedals,
I use manual gearing. so i am following my friends watching their speed on spa, trying to copy, and i spin out i spin out going forwards hitting the brakes, which according to scott mansell (nigal mansells son) on youtube he states that the car gains grip braking going forward.
i seem to lose control of the car a lot i am a lot slower then most people, on corners, no matter what i try i try early braking i am so slow i try late braking i am still slow, i try all techniques i know of and the car never feels like it has grip so i can't push it like i normally would (this is all cars) not just one or two but every car.
anyone got any good advice.
p.s no sarcastic or stupid comments please i am trying to improve my settings and race's hence why i am here asking for help.

CoproManiac
26-05-2018, 16:07
Possible to post a video of you driving around the track, showing also track temperature plus your car's setup?

FishHead
26-05-2018, 16:18
https://plays.tv/u/FishHeadGaming there is a whole list here i just watched sloppy who is using the same wheel as me watching when he does stuff i can't manage this, the set up feels wrong on my wheel for me

CoproManiac
26-05-2018, 17:41
I checked the BMW M6 video.
First slide (hairpin) seems you carry too much speed into the corner, shifting down during corner and maybe too early on gas or too much throttle input seems like what made you lose the rear.
Try to brake earlier, you can try to decrease engine breaking (that means, higher value) to deal with loss of grip on the rear when shifting down. Also, don't step too hard on the throttle when coming out of a corner and the car is not stabilized yet (not sure if you did, hard to tell without the speedometer app), you can lower traction control slip or increase power ramp. You can also try to soften up the rear anti-roll bar.

Second slide (long right hander) seems your rear springs are too hard, shifting down with already a loss of grip seems what caused the slide. Try softening up the rear springs or adding a bit more downforce.

Third slide (left hander right after hairpin) seems like you need to take a different line. There's a bump in front of that corner, steering in too sharp can unsettle the car. You could try softening up the springs to deal with the bump, or take a different line through the corner or lower throttle input when cornering or adjusting dampers.

It's kind of hard to judge from here without actually feeling what the car does and without seeing throttle and brake inputs.
Post a video with the car's setup, track temperature and tire temperature please.
One other advice is to just practice and practice and practice and practice, lol. Try being smooth with your inputs, try using the width of the track, get to know the car you're driving or switch to another car that better suits your drivestyle. Also, did I mention you should practice? :D

Alphonse Magova
26-05-2018, 17:45
It can be bad tires pressure, bad tires temp., bad brakes temp., too much force in brakes, bad brake bias...

Alphonse Magova
26-05-2018, 18:03
And don't try to be as fast as others, take time to practice and be smooth on inputs.

You should practice with an easy car (GTE?) on same track for 20laps, once you really know the track and feel comfortable with the car you will speed up.

FishHead
26-05-2018, 19:13
cheers all i'll try, i'll do a video of me in a bit.
i do monza gp, where on first chicane everyone brakes later then me but i can not get a good cornering speeding i will do the video of this track i think it might be better on there to show i will do a gte (first time using them) i'll put speedo up, i really think the wheel set up is still not right, but that could just be me thinking it, copromanic i have no idea mechanically on cars, so for you to spot these out i am in awe lol i have no idea what i am feeling for. racing has change drastically over 20 years lol

davidt33
26-05-2018, 20:32
G29 user here too. I've just watched a couple of your clips. I think I'm seeing some "slack" when you're steering. Meaning that when you're turning the steering wheel it's not responding as it should. Could be because maybe there's some deadzone applied. Out of curiosity could you check and see what your current settings are regarding this and report back? It should be in the game under OPTIONS....CONTROLS----->CONFIGURATION.
Set all deadzones especially including Steering Deadzone to "0".
This from my notes:
Steering Deadzone 0
Dampening 0
Steering Sensitivity 50 (DON'T CHANGE THIS).

Here's a screenshot which may be helpful also which shows location and my settings. Let us know what you saw and had them at and if adjusted what is your feedback.

sloppysmusic
26-05-2018, 20:46
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62938-Sloppy-s-Fast-Stable-and-Fun-Career-Tunes

Mr Fish here are my settings as you requested. David mentioned slack he saw in your videos. I get that on mine even though dead zone is set to 0.

FishHead
26-05-2018, 20:50
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/265869984 here is me driving, i'll be streaming later on a races online.

davidt33
26-05-2018, 21:01
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62938-Sloppy-s-Fast-Stable-and-Fun-Career-Tunes

Mr Fish here are my settings as you requested. David mentioned slack he saw in your videos. I get that on mine even though dead zone is set to 0.
In your CONFIGURATION settings I see you have "Controller Damping" (towards the bottom of the scroll list) at 100 Sloppy.
According to my notes when I was researching back then, the advice I got inclusive of whatever else was to set Controller Damping to "0"
Try that and see if it makes a difference.

FishHead
26-05-2018, 21:11
yeah i got near on same settings hmmmm i just need to learn to race :( and stop trying to push the car too much i guess and learn it mechanically

FishHead
26-05-2018, 21:13
trying the dampening to 0

davidt33
26-05-2018, 21:14
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/265869984 here is me driving, i'll be streaming later on a races online.
LOL. Love the running commentary.

FishHead
26-05-2018, 21:18
controller dampening to 0, i now went from 1:35 to a 1:33 just now not sure if it was cos of that though hmmm

FishHead
26-05-2018, 21:18
hahah thanks my wife keeps tellling me to stream as i can talk to anyone in a street about anything hahah i just chat too much i think lol

Alphonse Magova
27-05-2018, 00:47
You've gotten better! you will notice that when you brake too late you miss the curve and waste too much time.
Try not to pull on brakes too much in corners to keep the car stable, always drive slowly into the corner to get out quickly.

You should watch this video. It might help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsiRaOeBPYM&t=12s

davidt33
27-05-2018, 01:10
.....You should watch this video. It might help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsiRaOeBPYM&t=12s
Good video. Well worth the watch. Bookmarked.

Atak Kat
27-05-2018, 07:12
Watched most of this. quite enjoyed your commentary along the way.

Honestly I think there are a couple things going on:
- first, reduce your overall ffb volume in the options menu. I assume it's at 100. You continually comment that it is so hard to steer, and this is hurting you when you need to turn the wheel a bit more. I would start at 50, and then go up/down from there.
- change your steering ratio in the car setup. Make it lower numbers. Try 11.0:1, or maybe even 10.0:1 ( I usually set it to about 9.0 or 9.5 but that might be a bit tight for most people). When you try a corner at speed, you are constantly driffting outside and I don't think it so much the setup. To me it's just that you have the wheel turned as much as you think needed, but it's not enough. I don' think your front tires are losing grip. It just seems that they are not turning enough. Reduce the steering ratio. Try that and see how you get on before getting too far into the other stuff....

Note, the steering ratio needs to be changed in every car, every setup. It's not a global setting. So you have to get used to the idea of adjusting this almost every time you make a new setup or drive a new car (like fuel load). But it's quick/easy. However.... it is also a problem if you get used to a shorter steering ratio, and then join online races with forced default setups..... this is an issue for me every time i join an online default setup race..... because the car does not turn like I'm used to and i am constantly going wide at corners.

(as for the first 2 chicanes, I find that you have to sacrifice the first turn entry so that you setup the car to exit the second turn fully on throttle. Those chicanes for me are not about finding a speed to coast through them. The are all about braking on entry and turning in to the first turn a bit early, so that then when you turn the opposite way you have a nice setup to exit the second part of the chicane and are really accelerating out. So it's really about the first turn in and brake point and being able to see the 'line-out'. Every extra km/hr you can get on the exit of those chicanes, makes big difference to lap times because you carry it onto the next straights at speed.)

Atak Kat
27-05-2018, 07:42
Additional comment after you go to the GT3 car (Porsche). About 30 minutes into the vid.
- you keep talking about issues with the the entry to the chicane on the back straight (Ascari)
- first you change some of your settings (brake sensitivity) but this does nothing while in session. That's why there's a big yellow triangle next to the setting when you change it. You actually have to restart the session in order to get it to take effect.... But I don't think that's really the biggest issue.
- the spin at around 30 min, as far as I can see, is more related to cold tires, you brake too late, and then when you make your first turn into the corner the rear end goes a bit wide over the curbs and you lose rear grip mostly on the curb. All those together are what is causing your spin. But the first thing is the late braking.
- I really would not get too wound up in the game settings, because I think the key for you is your brake point. You are fixated on hitting the ultimate brake point, and this in turn results in you going a bit too hot into the corners and then all the rest follows after that.
- Just erase your memory of brake points, and add 50m. Then work from there. You will find much better lines into the corners and also the exit you will get much better and you will see lap time improvements just from that. Maybe you won't be as fast as you'd like, but you will get your confidence and comfort back. What I see now is that you are expecting a spin to happen, and this is hurting your confidence, and frustrating. Your lap at 34 min into the vid was pretty decent. You can gain many seconds per lap on Monza just by getting the corner EXIT right and carrying all the additional speed onto the following straights.... There are gains on brake points for sure, but I believe the much bigger gains are on the exits, not the entries.

Hope that is helpful and not condescending.

CoproManiac
27-05-2018, 08:46

Don't wanna sound harsh, but it's your drivestyle that's the problem. You're not driving smooth and there's not much consistency in your inputs.
Your braking seems what's really the #1 problem though. You miss a lot of brakepoints, you've gotta find those reference points to become more consistent. If you get your brakepoints right more often, you can work on your muscle memory for how hard you should brake for each corner. If you miss the brakepoints, you just have to basically wing it to keep the car on track, ruining consistency when it comes to braking.
Braking too late means you're entering the corner too fast, which means you have to slow the car down when you're still in the corner in order not to overshoot it, which means you lose a lot of exit speed. In a track like Monza, it's really important to have a good exit because of all the long straights.

For the first chicane, try going into 1st gear. Also, you seem to be turning the wheel almost 360 degrees, there's no need to go much further than about 225 degrees I'd say in a GTE or GT3 car. Especially on the exit of the chicane I can see it's a problem, you keep the wheel turned too much for too long, instead of hitting the apex on the exit, you basically turn to the left of the track. This again means your exit is bad and you won't be quick on the long straight leading up to chicane #2.

You gotta get smooth on your inputs, don't worry too much about the setup of the car at this point.

One other thing is you're over-reffing the Ferrari GTE :p IIRC you should shift up at around 6.000 rpm.

There's nothing that you can't fix about your driving technique, you just gotta learn how to drive in a proper way. There's a lot of simracers who post videos of them driving, I'd recommend watching some of their videos and focus on their inputs. Often they will show some kind of telemetry app which shows their inputs.
There's also a lot of instructional videos, the one someone posted from Yorkie is a great and informative video.
Also watch your own videos and try and see what it is you're doing wrong. If you understand what's going wrong, you can work on fixing it.

Then just keep practicing and practicing.

hkraft300
27-05-2018, 08:55
- Just erase your memory of brake points, and add 50m. Then work from there. You will find much better lines into the corners and also the exit you will get much better and you will see lap time improvements just from that. Maybe you won't be as fast as you'd like, but you will get your confidence and comfort back. What I see now is that you are expecting a spin to happen, and this is hurting your confidence, and frustrating. Your lap at 34 min into the vid was pretty decent. You can gain many seconds per lap on Monza just by getting the corner EXIT right and carrying all the additional speed onto the following straights.... There are gains on brake points for sure, but I believe the much bigger gains are on the exits, not the entries.

This.
I did this (reset my brake points) and found seconds in lap time everywhere, also more consistency.

Mad Al
27-05-2018, 11:34
In the HUD, note the point the Gear indicator turns red, that should be where you change up, in the 488 there is no point revving it to the red line as the power is dropping off quite a bit (on the dash, it's the point the orange LED lights up)

Other than that, you just look like you are trying too hard to drive fast.. stop trying to be fast and concentrate on just being smooth and using the circuit fully, you'll probably be faster if you just try a Sunday afternoon drive approach, you'll also be more consistent and less likely to throw the car away

Here's a couple of laps with a gamepad, default loose setup, Sunday afternoon driving, see how early I'm braking and how I'm using the circuit width to allow me to keep the car flowing..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtLK9CCbFDM

FishHead
27-05-2018, 11:55
Additional comment after you go to the GT3 car (Porsche). About 30 minutes into the vid.
- you keep talking about issues with the the entry to the chicane on the back straight (Ascari)
- first you change some of your settings (brake sensitivity) but this does nothing while in session. That's why there's a big yellow triangle next to the setting when you change it. You actually have to restart the session in order to get it to take effect.... But I don't think that's really the biggest issue.
- the spin at around 30 min, as far as I can see, is more related to cold tires, you brake too late, and then when you make your first turn into the corner the rear end goes a bit wide over the curbs and you lose rear grip mostly on the curb. All those together are what is causing your spin. But the first thing is the late braking.
- I really would not get too wound up in the game settings, because I think the key for you is your brake point. You are fixated on hitting the ultimate brake point, and this in turn results in you going a bit too hot into the corners and then all the rest follows after that.

you dont sound condescending, more helpful.

FishHead
27-05-2018, 11:56
In the HUD, note the point the Gear indicator turns red, that should be where you change up, in the 488 there is no point revving it to the red line as the power is dropping off quite a bit (on the dash, it's the point the orange LED lights up)

Other than that, you just look like you are trying too hard to drive fast.. stop trying to be fast and concentrate on just being smooth and using the circuit fully, you'll probably be faster if you just try a Sunday afternoon drive approach, you'll also be more consistent and less likely to throw the car away

Here's a couple of laps with a gamepad, default loose setup, Sunday afternoon driving, see how early I'm braking and how I'm using the circuit width to allow me to keep the car flowing..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtLK9CCbFDM

this video was great but look how much the car turns on his wheel vs mine if i could get mine to turn like he does that will be great lol,

FishHead
27-05-2018, 11:57
so far you are all being helpful so i am very grateful, i will be streaming later, at about 14:00 GMT, thats 2 hours from now i'll do an all day/night stream, i will be taking all that has been given to me and try and put it to the test

morpwr
27-05-2018, 12:56
I agree with the other guys. Don't start changing settings yet youll just adjust the car to cover up bad habits. Fuel level and air pressures are ok but id leave the rest alone for now until you can turn relatively fast consistent laps. Check the world record times some of the fastest times are with default setups. Don't be afraid to use the ai as a learning tool either. Set them to a level you can barely keep up with and watch what they do. The ai in most cases don't run bad lines they might not always be ideal but they aren't bad. Watch their braking points same here maybe not ideal but not horrible. When you can beat them raise the ai levels again. Then practice,practice,and more practice. Youll find your fastest laps are going to feel slow because you were smooth and nothing exciting happened.

FishHead
27-05-2018, 14:02
right i have just done monza again, ok he's using a game pad, but when he turns his wheel his wheel does not turn half as much as mine to get the same result, why is this

hkraft300
27-05-2018, 14:46
right i have just done monza again, ok he's using a game pad, but when he turns his wheel his wheel does not turn half as much as mine to get the same result, why is this

Gamepad-screen animation doesn’t scale 1:1 like wheel-screen on 50 sensitivity.

Sorry I must’ve missed it. What are your wheel rotation and controller settings?

FishHead
27-05-2018, 14:57
100 by 900 rotation 50 sensitivity

Mad Al
27-05-2018, 16:23
this video was great but look how much the car turns on his wheel vs mine if i could get mine to turn like he does that will be great lol,

As I said, that was with a gamepad.. quick recording with a wheel.. excuse the scruffy second lap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt_28bexWWE

FishHead
28-05-2018, 21:51
still better then mine https://plays.tv/video/5b0bf68a255073b968/getting-there?from=user

FishHead
29-05-2018, 20:08
found out the issue with my steering i told you all it was a setting, so the story on how the setting was found: well i was online racing screaming on monza, when i say screaming i was proper screaming, my wife had enough of me screaming and knows as a kid i used to race (karts) so she knew i was not happy with the settings so she spent 30 mins with me googling the issue i finally found out what it was it was one simple setting i can now turn corners faster and with confidence anyone with logitec g29 struggling i promise you tinker as much as you can with everything you can for me it was just one setting one stupid setting, the proof though was on my monza: i was getting 1:47-1:48 as you know that is a massive decrease in my time zones, the car feels and handles like it should ~(gte 488)~
then i went online and came second on a public lobby out of 16 people, this for me was a big achievement! i am so happy right now

Alphonse Magova
29-05-2018, 21:33
Congratulations! You drove well with the ferrari 365! it's a good car. Sorry I couldn't avoid hitting you on the third lap.
Out of fuel just on the finish line :o

See you soon, online!;)

FishHead
29-05-2018, 21:58
oh wow aaahaahah was that you ha yeah just out side the finish line :( first time using that car, was fun

davidt33
29-05-2018, 22:16
found out the issue with my steering i told you all it was a setting, so the story on how the setting was found: well i was online racing screaming on monza, when i say screaming i was proper screaming, my wife had enough of me screaming and knows as a kid i used to race (karts) so she knew i was not happy with the settings so she spent 30 mins with me googling the issue i finally found out what it was it was one simple setting i can now turn corners faster and with confidence anyone with logitec g29 struggling i promise you tinker as much as you can with everything you can for me it was just one setting one stupid setting, the proof though was on my monza: i was getting 1:47-1:48 as you know that is a massive decrease in my time zones, the car feels and handles like it should ~(gte 488)~
then i went online and came second on a public lobby out of 16 people, this for me was a big achievement! i am so happy right now
Sooooo.....what was the errant setting?

FishHead
30-05-2018, 11:01
my sensitivity was left at 50% on my wheel, settings in the app i turned it to 100% and boom massive improvements, was something i was saying from the start it does not feel right when i turn, i will be changing the sensitivy to what suits me best today i reduced it to 90% and going from there, buth the sheer increase in my speed in corners car gripping better some how is just strange, the best part is now i am not at the back like i used to be screaming about my controls, it's now people who ram me lmao

davidt33
30-05-2018, 11:38
my sensitivity was left at 50% on my wheel, settings in the app i turned it to 100% and boom massive improvements, was something i was saying from the start it does not feel right when i turn, i will be changing the sensitivy to what suits me best today i reduced it to 90% and going from there, buth the sheer increase in my speed in corners car gripping better some how is just strange, the best part is now i am not at the back like i used to be screaming about my controls, it's now people who ram me lmao
Glad to hear the issue has improved though not sure what you mean by "settings in the app i turned it to 100%". What app settings is that? All I know is regarding "Steering Sensitivity" in OPTIONS: CONFIGURATIONS" it was strongly advised to leave "Steering Sensitivity" at 50% and all deadzones at "0".

morpwr
30-05-2018, 11:46

All the did was make the steering non linear. It sounds like you may need to try a faster steering ratio. Is your wheel set for 900 degrees and properly calibrated in game? If it works for you cool but something sounds off if that worked better for you.

hkraft300
30-05-2018, 13:09
Some of the steering ratios in car setup is a bit high.
Personally I run 12:1 across the board, sensitivity 50.

morpwr
30-05-2018, 15:01
Some of the steering ratios in car setup is a bit high.
Personally I run 12:1 across the board, sensitivity 50.

He has the same wheel as you right? Doesn't that wheel have a relatively large deadzone? I wonder if that's what the issue is. Which might explain why that felt better to him.

Mad Al
30-05-2018, 15:12
He has the same wheel as you right? Doesn't that wheel have a relatively large deadzone? I wonder if that's what the issue is. Which might explain why that felt better to him.

It should take out the deadzone automatically after a minute or so, if you run immersive or informative..., it's all auto scaled (which is why you shouldn't use them on a high end, high force wheel)

hkraft300
30-05-2018, 17:14
It’s not a big dead zone, maybe 1-2deg? I have deadzones and damping 0.

morpwr
30-05-2018, 22:46
It should take out the deadzone automatically after a minute or so, if you run immersive or informative..., it's all auto scaled (which is why you shouldn't use them on a high end, high force wheel)

I knew that but I wasn't sure which profile he was using.

morpwr
30-05-2018, 22:49
It’s not a big dead zone, maybe 1-2deg? I have deadzones and damping 0.

Ok I couldn't remember if that was one of the wheels that needed like .08 or more deadzone removal. If hes using raw and it needed that much custom would be better so you could edit it. I know you know that. Just seems odd that made that much of a difference for him. I know in the past that was usually a sign something else was off in your settings.

hkraft300
31-05-2018, 02:02
A little dead zone shouldn’t throw you off so completely.
I’m having trouble understanding what exactly the OP is experiencing and how he’s fixed it.
But I’m on console, no jack spade or extra controller settings.

Atak Kat
31-05-2018, 04:38
I think he increased steering sensitivity to 100. On a wheel, I think this would just make the rotation of the wheel non-linear. So a 90 deg wheel turn might translate to a 180 deg in-game wheel movement (I don't know the numbers, just that it is non-linear). More often this is used to desensitize the wheel changes when using controller (so lowering steering sensitivity when on controller).

It was pretty clear watching the vids that he needed more turning. He was not losing front grip, but just running wide because he was not turning the wheel enough. I would have done it with steering ratio per car, instead. I guess he found the other way with steering sensitivity, and seems happy. But I think that can maybe cause strange things with FFB. Anyway, I guess he's happy so game-on!

hkraft300
31-05-2018, 09:15
It would be interesting to test how sensitivity affects ffb. My guess is it's minimal. Having globally increased steering sensitivity doesn't solve the issue of different cars having different steering ratios as that still comes in to effect.
Anywhere 9-12:1 is a quick ratio. Not a lot of crossing arms. >14:1 and you're having to twirl the wheel a lot.
But if you can't tell the difference between understeer and not enough steering angle... :rolleyes:

FishHead
31-05-2018, 12:35
this is all i changed

FishHead
31-05-2018, 12:36
https://imgur.com/a/hJ1E9A6

morpwr
31-05-2018, 14:01
https://imgur.com/a/hJ1E9A6

That might explain it. Im pretty sure we all assumed you meant in game not in the driver. Im not positive but im pretty sure the one you adjusted should be at 100. In game sensitivity should be 50.

davidt33
31-05-2018, 16:13
That might explain it. Im pretty sure we all assumed you meant in game not in the driver. Im not positive but im pretty sure the one you adjusted should be at 100. In game sensitivity should be 50.
Yup, I also think he misunderstood what we were saying he should have adjusted and where. He started off by adjusting/messing around with the wrong settings hence his dilemma.

FishHead
31-05-2018, 17:28
well no my settings was off from the go, so i looked up online check some pro tips on project cars 2 and the one on here for my settings, mainly all the same ish few tweaks :) but nothing helped it always felt the same, sluggish on turning and losing grip constantly even when going around monza chicanes 1st and second one, i can now go from 24mph to approx 48-52 mph depending on how good i am taking the corner lol my fastest time on a gte is now 1:47 when i was getting a 1:53 that is a huge difference, i am saying this for all the logitec g29 users i will be doing a video for us noobs on g29 later tonight on how to edit it.
i notice a lot of new wheel users struggling or giving up or blamming the game like i did, dont get me wrong the game still needs a lot of fixes but it is now doable to go around the track with out coming off

morpwr
31-05-2018, 17:50
well no my settings was off from the go, so i looked up online check some pro tips on project cars 2 and the one on here for my settings, mainly all the same ish few tweaks :) but nothing helped it always felt the same, sluggish on turning and losing grip constantly even when going around monza chicanes 1st and second one, i can now go from 24mph to approx 48-52 mph depending on how good i am taking the corner lol my fastest time on a gte is now 1:47 when i was getting a 1:53 that is a huge difference, i am saying this for all the logitec g29 users i will be doing a video for us noobs on g29 later tonight on how to edit it.
i notice a lot of new wheel users struggling or giving up or blamming the game like i did, dont get me wrong the game still needs a lot of fixes but it is now doable to go around the track with out coming off

I think we are having a communication breakdown again. LOL We aren't saying you were wrong in changing that it should have been set to 100 in the driver in the first place. If it wasn't then you did the correct thing.We assumed we were all talking about the in game sensitivity which should be left alone.. Many wheels don't have a sensitivity setting in the driver screen because it should be linear by default. If you had mentioned you where adjusting the sensitivity in the driver it would have saved confusion being there are two in your case. If you are talking driver settings not game settings its always a good idea to mention that. Glad you got it straightened out though.

davidt33
31-05-2018, 18:07
I think we are having a communication breakdown again. LOL We aren't saying you were wrong in changing that it should have been set to 100 in the driver in the first place. If it wasn't then you did the correct thing.We assumed we were all talking about the in game sensitivity which should be left alone.. Many wheels don't have a sensitivity setting in the driver screen because it should be linear by default. If you had mentioned you where adjusting the sensitivity in the driver it would have saved confusion being there are two in your case. If you are talking driver settings not game settings its always a good idea to mention that. Glad you got it straightened out though.
I'm with Morpwr on this.

MaximusN
31-05-2018, 18:11
But isn't that sensitivity setting the same thing but in a different place?

Mad Al
31-05-2018, 18:16
But isn't that sensitivity setting the same thing but in a different place?

Yep, it's just setting a non linear steering in the profiler, rather than in game... and unless you have set up a specific profile for PC2, you'll have non linear steering on anything else you use.

EDIT:
Just a thought, shouldn't all the steering sensitivity in the profiler be overridden by the in game settings anyway, if you have (as you should) set the profiler to allow the game to override the settings. The only profiler specific setting that should go over is the degrees of rotation ?

gp2112
31-05-2018, 19:45
This.
I did this (reset my brake points) and found seconds in lap time everywhere, also more consistency.

I have to add that while I am currently unable to see the video I have found that this works for me. Often I attack the corners to try to find speed. While I do not spin as much (been doing this for awhile so I can catch spins that I could not catch a year ago), I find that when I increase me stopping distance by (as suggested in a prior post) 50 meters or so, I gain time on track because I can accelerate out faster and I don't have to worry about a wobbly car.

Also: When powering out of a turn ensure your wheels are pointed in the direction you want to go, or be prepared to fight the car. I have found (after many, many, many....spins) that if you do not point the wheels in the right direction your car tends to go in the direction of the wheels, (yes, sarcasm). Get the direction of the car sorted and then put the power down. Even when you learn to "catch" the car just before it spins (this is that little "jig" of the wheel you see drivers do sometimes as they come out of a corner-that is a good indication they were catching a spin before it got to more than just a few inches off line), you lose time.

One of the best pieces of advice has been: "Take it easy and learn to drive the track..." Sure, you may know every corner on the Nordschleiffe but do you know how to DRIVE those corners? Do you know where you can brake late, trail brake, hit the curb, avoid the curb, when can you power out of that curve, etc..? Take a track and learn where you can do all of the above and more.

It takes time and patience. Frankly, I do not have much patience to really do that myself and it is reflected in my league standings where others spend hours on a track were I spend only a few. I wanna race, not practice, and while I do fairly well in public servers I am mid-pack in my league.

Keep at it and you will learn to adapt.

Have fun!

FishHead
31-05-2018, 21:48
since fixing my wheel my times have improved drastically lol i dont think you read onwards to when i fixed it heehhe no worries but yup i have changed my braking points are now changing now my wheel works, some i brake a little earlier and others later, just need to be more consistent now

FishHead
31-05-2018, 21:57
no idea, i did check and says game overrides but it has done something i am pretty sure on pc2 it states 50 steering is a value of 0 changing nothing so it keeps the setting from the profiler

morpwr
31-05-2018, 22:46
Yep, it's just setting a non linear steering in the profiler, rather than in game... and unless you have set up a specific profile for PC2, you'll have non linear steering on anything else you use.

EDIT:
Just a thought, shouldn't all the steering sensitivity in the profiler be overridden by the in game settings anyway, if you have (as you should) set the profiler to allow the game to override the settings. The only profiler specific setting that should go over is the degrees of rotation ?

Yes but wouldn't anything less then 100 in the profiler screen be no linear? With 100 being the only linear setting? I could be wrong but im pretty sure that's the way that worked. Where in pcars you can speed it up and slow it down depending on which direction from 50 you go.

Atak Kat
01-06-2018, 04:16
Yes but wouldn't anything less then 100 in the profiler screen be no linear? With 100 being the only linear setting? I could be wrong but im pretty sure that's the way that worked. Where in pcars you can speed it up and slow it down depending on which direction from 50 you go.

Checking the logitech website, it says "Click the Default button to return the steering sensitivity to the default value of 50%." So I think it works just like the in-game setting. I believe 50 is linear. Anything else is non-linear.

davidt33
01-06-2018, 10:29
Checking the logitech website, it says "Click the Default button to return the steering sensitivity to the default value of 50%." So I think it works just like the in-game setting. I believe 50 is linear. Anything else is non-linear.
Well that settles that.

hkraft300
01-06-2018, 10:51
Well that settles that.

But if the game sensitivity overrides the profiler sensitivity...

pferreirag60
01-06-2018, 15:40
If you use 100% sensitivity in the control panel of your g29 wheel it will change to NoLinear, the default value is 50% the same value you have in the PCars2 configuration wheel settings.

At 50% in control panel and in game your wheel movement will be exactly the same as you see in game, the perfect setting, any other value, and you are moving less or more your wheel

google is your friend:

http://support.logitech.com/en_my/article/Adjust-sensitivity-on-the-G29-and-G920-racing-wheels-with-Logitech-Gaming-Software?product=a0qi0000006PmxKAAS

FishHead
02-06-2018, 18:27
so are you saying 50% is meant to be better?
if so to me 50% of something is half of 100% so to me i would have to put x amount of steering to collect what it would be at 100% or am i just being stupid here? trying to work out what is what on these settings sorry if it seems like i a trolling i can assure you all i am questioning for me and others in the future lol

davidt33
02-06-2018, 20:21
so are you saying 50% is meant to be better?
if so to me 50% of something is half of 100% so to me i would have to put x amount of steering to collect what it would be at 100% or am i just being stupid here? trying to work out what is what on these settings sorry if it seems like i a trolling i can assure you all i am questioning for me and others in the future lol
In the in-game configuration setting for wheel sensitivity "50%" simply means balanced bro. i.e: perfectly balanced/centered for left/right movement of wheel according to how you turn the wheel as you turn it. That's as simple and clear as I can muster.

hkraft300
02-06-2018, 23:27
50% sensitivity = linear response.

So you turn your wheel 90deg the in game wheel will turn 90.
You press your pedal 78%, the in game pedal is pressed 78%.

So yes, at 50 sensitivity you will have turn your wheel more, but if you reduce your steering ratio you get fast steering again.

FishHead
03-06-2018, 14:00
hmm see if i press my pedal at 78 i get 78 that is because i am set to 100 on my pedal if i turn my wheel though surely if it is at 50 i have to turn 200% over to get 100%. sorry guys i can be dumb at times its jujst frustrating that a 50% is a 100% when to me it's not to me 50% is 50 i m cutting my wheel 50% of turn if i stayed at 50% i will try the steering ratios in the car ((Ferrari GTE)) and see if it is any better, but since i edited my wheel on the profiler it's self i come off maybe once in a race unless smashed lol (i always get smashed)
this 50% malarky is just not registering in my head hehehe sorry if i upset anyone with all this.

hkraft300
03-06-2018, 14:10
Your lack of punctuation upsets me.

In the in-game configuration setting for wheel sensitivity "50%" simply means balanced bro. i.e: perfectly balanced/centered for left/right movement of wheel according to how you turn the wheel as you turn it. That's as simple and clear as I can muster.

This.

Atak Kat
03-06-2018, 15:18
Will try to help.
First though, if it works, and if you are happy, then go with it.
The sensitivity is kinda confusing when you think of it as 0-100%. It's not changing the amount of steering input, it's changing the curve of the steering input.
- if you go to full lock, it's still full lock no matter what the sensitivity.
- but what it does is change how quickly, or slowly, it gets to full lock as you turn your wheel.
- so 50% is a flat line. you turn 90 deg, and the in-game car turns it's wheel 90 deg.
- if you go over 50, then the rate is increased. so for example, if you turn your wheel 90 deg, in the game it turns the car wheel more than 90 deg. But, then the rate of turning slows later on. Eventually the full lock turn is still full lock. It just applies more increase to the turning rate at the beginning of the wheel turn.
- opposite if you go under 50.

Hope that makes sense. It's often used when on controller where the little sticks are super sensitive, and often people will reduce this sensitivity so that when they move the stick it doesn't result in a big turn of the in-car wheel.

*no idea the ratios involved, but it's the concept i'm trying to help with.

If you're happy, and it works for you, and you're enjoying the game, then great.

The steering ratio in the car setup works differently. It's more of a gear ratio. So, it's a ratio of the in car wheel turning compared to the front wheels of the car turning. Think of it like bicycle gears.

FishHead
03-06-2018, 15:43
ah finally i get that! lol see you saw how my brain was thinking nodody was 100% clear with it conflicting on how my brain was thinking it worked. this for me made sense but i am happy someone saw what i was saying lol thank you. sorry all my brain works in a messed up way.