PDA

View Full Version : Career progress gone

Retro_uk
02-06-2018, 03:31
Playing on Xbox One X and was in the finals tier of the TC masters international on the final section (level 1...tier 1?) I had done the first two sets of races and was doing the final races to finish that career path. I had done the first race at Sugoland and then as I went to continue, it gave me an error message saying that required DLC was not available? I have all the DLC installed, and own the season pass so am sure I'm not missing anything, I have double checked with the Xbox Store page and everything is installed as it should be.

So now the game thinks I haven't done any of that final career path at all, all progress is missing. And more to the point, I have no idea what DLC it may have been referring to? Cars or a track? Help? Thanks

Sankyo
02-06-2018, 05:41
How much of your career progress exactly has disappeared?
Did you try a full shutdown and reboot, database rebuild or whatever is possible on XB1X?

Retro_uk
02-06-2018, 06:10
My earlier progress from levels 6 (or is it 5?) through 2 are still there. At least the icons showing the cups are. My driver can still be chosen to join the career, but the whole final career section is gone (Level 1) where you do two preliminary championships, then the final one, which are part of the final races of the game.

Tried a reboot of my Xbox, and only possibility on the console side could be that I'm in the Alpha preview program so have beta firmware on my Xbox. Just wary of starting again now as I don't want to do all those races and then hit the same error that I am missing DLC. But I'm on a fast connection so I'll fully reinstall the game first and see what happens.

Stewy32
02-06-2018, 07:17
Might be a chance that the Internet flickered halfway through.This meant the game couldn't access the DLC.

Sankyo
02-06-2018, 09:33
Agreed, I think you ran into a connection issue.

Retro_uk
04-06-2018, 02:40
Yeah that seems like a likely cause. I have now reinstalled everything, but I can't test it for a while now until I have completed a dozen races or so. Cheers

Retro_uk
06-06-2018, 03:02
Well, it has just happened again. A couple of races in on the same championship and after the race I get an error message saying the championship has been reset because DLC content is not available.

I hadn't lost internet connection and the whole game has been reinstalled and I have all the DLC available. But even if as had been suggested, that losing internet connection might have caused the problem, resetting the championship is a crappy way of dealing with it. Why not say "hey, the DLC isn't available, do you want to buy it?" that way I could at least see what DLC it is referring to.

But anyway, I had a stable internet connection and the same problem, so I guess I'm done with the game. What a waste of money buying the game and all the DLC :/

Bealdor
06-06-2018, 06:16
Well, it has just happened again. A couple of races in on the same championship and after the race I get an error message saying the championship has been reset because DLC content is not available.

I hadn't lost internet connection and the whole game has been reinstalled and I have all the DLC available. But even if as had been suggested, that losing internet connection might have caused the problem, resetting the championship is a crappy way of dealing with it. Why not say "hey, the DLC isn't available, do you want to buy it?" that way I could at least see what DLC it is referring to.

But anyway, I had a stable internet connection and the same problem, so I guess I'm done with the game. What a waste of money buying the game and all the DLC :/

We reported your issue to the devs. That's a really strange notification because you should be able to finish career mode even when not owning any DLC.
Please try resetting your licenses on your console. Maybe this will solve it.

Additional question: Which car were you driving? The Opel Astra?

Retro_uk
08-06-2018, 13:56
We reported your issue to the devs. That's a really strange notification because you should be able to finish career mode even when not owning any DLC.
Please try resetting your licenses on your console. Maybe this will solve it.

Additional question: Which car were you driving? The Opel Astra?

Yeah I was driving the Opel Astra....interesting you ask that?

I am not sure what you mean when you say reset the licenses? Thanks

Bealdor
12-06-2018, 06:00
It looks like your XBox is somehow "forgetting" that you own the Motorsport Pack DLC which the Astra is part of.

Is there a way to restore your licenses on XBox like it is on PS4?
Maybe another XBox user knows this?

Retro_uk
15-06-2018, 03:16
The only thing I imagine would work to restore the licenses would be to uninstall and reinstall the game, but that hasn't worked sadly.

deadmeat
25-06-2018, 13:12
Never before in my life have i experienced a game with so many problems...

davidt33
25-06-2018, 16:51
Never before in my life have i experienced a game with so many problems...
On the brighter side, never before have I experienced a sim racing game that I liked as much.

Cholton82
19-07-2018, 09:05
I had this happen to me with the same message , Career WSCS driving the Ligier Nissan LMP2 after finishing round 3 of 4 I had this message and it immediately took me back to choose a new championship with previous championships saved so not all progress lost. But considering each race in that tier I have at 1hr 40 it is a massive PITA !
I didn’t understand it because that car isn’t dlc . Hope this is reported and they can look into it

Bealdor
19-07-2018, 09:17
I had this happen to me with the same message , Career WSCS driving the Ligier Nissan LMP2 after finishing round 3 of 4 I had this message and it immediately took me back to choose a new championship with previous championships saved so not all progress lost. But considering each race in that tier I have at 1hr 40 it is a massive PITA !
I didn’t understand it because that car isn’t dlc . Hope this is reported and they can look into it

Did you maybe use a DLC livery on this car (not sure if it even has one though)?

Cholton82
19-07-2018, 10:30
Did you maybe use a DLC livery on this car (not sure if it even has one though)?

I think you might be right , It was the Actrollvision livery which I think is a community livery.

Bealdor
19-07-2018, 10:34
I think you might be right , It was the Actrollvision livery which I think is a community livery.

That's already been reported to the devs. It's the same issue that's been posted here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?63364-Bug-Report-Championship-DLC-Required).

Please choose a non-DLC livery for your next season in the meantime to avoid hitting this issue again.

Cholton82
19-07-2018, 12:00
That's already been reported to the devs. It's the same issue that's been posted here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?63364-Bug-Report-Championship-DLC-Required).

Please choose a non-DLC livery for your next season in the meantime to avoid hitting this issue again.

Thank you , I hadn’t seen that and to be honest I can’t say I have many issues at all with the game.
I will be resuming the championship tonight albeit in a GT3 car but I want to try one I haven’t used yet so maybe the Huracan or the GTR .

Retro_uk
11-08-2018, 04:19
Has this issue been fixed yet? I've been keeping an eye out for any patches on my Xbox but haven't noticed any. Just don't want to start another championship and have it bug out on me. Not using custom liveries here either. Just the standard car and then being told I don't have the DLC at some random point, and of course losing a lot of progress :/

Retro_uk
06-09-2018, 03:57
That's a no then? Tip top support guys!!!

Bealdor
06-09-2018, 05:24
There hasn't been a patch since we reported it to the devs.
Please check this issue again when the next one is released, which shouldn't take long now.

Retro_uk
14-04-2019, 03:02
Has another patch been released yet that fixes this problem? Haven't tried the game in a while, and to be honest I don't fancy starting doing the championship again just to find that it still says I need DLC that I already have. Did a patch fix this specific issue? Cheers

nissan4ever
15-04-2019, 02:12
Has another patch been released yet that fixes this problem? Haven't tried the game in a while, and to be honest I don't fancy starting doing the championship again just to find that it still says I need DLC that I already have. Did a patch fix this specific issue? Cheers

The last patch for this game was last year sometime. Don't remember when (last car pack release). There won't be no more either. SMS have released all patches they were going to do.

Konan
15-04-2019, 06:34
To my knowledge though, there haven't been any reports of careers lost since then...

gspice1989
24-04-2019, 06:07
This issue has not been solved. I have all the DLC and this bug occurred at least four times in the last month while working through the GT3 series using the McLaren.

I lost progress once, which was very annoying. On the subsequent occasions, as soon as the notification came up that DLC content was missing, I turned off the Xbox and then reloaded the game (pressing the Xbox button and loading another games also works), once PC2 loaded my career progress was in place and I could carry on. Still a pain, but less than starting again.

It is frustrating that SMS have stopped supporting this game when there are still some fairly major bugs. Itís seems a strange decision given they are hoping to sell the next version of the game to largely the same user base.