PDA

View Full Version : [PS4] Patch 6.0 discussion thread

Bealdor
04-06-2018, 06:42
Please use this thread to discuss Patch 6.0 on PS4.

[Release notes] (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55006-Project-CARS-2-PS4-Updates-Changelog&p=1514640&viewfull=1#post1514640)

For those new to Project CARS, the patch threads are NOT for discussing what is NOT in the patch. The patch threads are for discussing what IS contained in the patch. Other posts will be removed.

Bealdor
04-06-2018, 08:55
Thread opened for discussion/feedback.

Cladandadum
04-06-2018, 09:05
Patch notes on PS4: 'various fixes, improvements and optimization'. Looking forward to finding out what this all means. Alas, off to work for now.

iggy
04-06-2018, 11:56
I'm on PS4... updated to patch 6.0 this morning. I've been practicing at Laguna Seca in GTE cars... Last night before patch I was running around 1:24.6 as my best lap using soft tires, with today's date as race day... , this morning my second lap ( race conditions, tires pre-warmed ), my second lap was 1:24.4, four or 5 laps later , I dropped bellow 1:24 for the first time in this car ( Ferrari GTE ). Normally, when just getting behind the wheel like this( early in the morning, hadn't driven in 7 or 8 hours because I had been sleeping ), it would take me some time to get the feel for driving, so the fact that I was running quicker on the second lap, and then improved even more , pretty much tells me it's not placebo... but then, who knows, maybe I was just really feeling good this morning. ( even though I didn't stay at a holiday in express last night )

Sankyo
04-06-2018, 12:01
I'm on PS4... updated to patch 6.0 this morning. I've been practicing at Laguna Seca in GTE cars... Last night before patch I was running around 1:24.6 as my best lap using soft tires, with today's date as race day... , this morning my second lap ( race conditions, tires pre-warmed ), my second lap was 1:24.4, four or 5 laps later , I dropped bellow 1:24 for the first time in this car ( Ferrari GTE ). Normally, when just getting behind the wheel like this, it would take me some time to get the feel for driving, so the fact that I was running quicker on the second lap, and then improved even more , pretty much tells me it's not placebo... but then, who knows, maybe I was just really feeling good this morning. ( even though I didn't stay at a holiday in express last night )
Moved to PS4 thread.

spidey11
04-06-2018, 12:29
It would be good to know the extent of the patch. In particular I’m thinking damage and collision model, tyre changes, track and road feel and vehicle physics. Were any of these changed?

For me patch 6 has had a downgrade on road feel, increased sliding in the rear on minimal steering input and a huge force feedback difference to different cars I hadn’t experienced in patch 5. This is the first time I’m commenting on a patch release since pcars1!

I raced with others and it was about a 70/30 split in worse feel/same if not better. All with different branded wheels. Personally I’m using the PS4 Fanatec Elite.

Interested to see what others think of the new patch.

micmansour
04-06-2018, 13:19
It would be good to know the extent of the patch. In particular I’m thinking damage and collision model, tyre changes, track and road feel and vehicle physics. Were any of these changed?

For me patch 6 has had a downgrade on road feel, increased sliding in the rear on minimal steering input and a huge force feedback difference to different cars I hadn’t experienced in patch 5. This is the first time I’m commenting on a patch release since pcars1!

I raced with others and it was about a 70/30 split in worse feel/same if not better. All with different branded wheels. Personally I’m using the PS4 Fanatec Elite.

Interested to see what others think of the new patch.

New patch means new force feedback setup required... what a pain

sirio994
04-06-2018, 13:29
I tested a few races and the results are great to me. The tyre model for sure impacts Indy (no longer snap oversteer and better grip/feedback).

I was never able to race at Indy without seeing crazy things in terms of physics/ffb/AI. Had finally a great eace today. Color scale of tyre temperature is changed. Looks like tyres are more gradual.

Ps4/CSL Elite

Zaskarspants
04-06-2018, 14:06
New patch means new force feedback setup required... what a pain

No it doesn't.

GenBrien
04-06-2018, 14:45
Controller rumble seems to have been buffed

prceurope
04-06-2018, 16:03
I haven't noticed any changes as of yet - will report back when I will.

One request though: please get the engine sound of the 911 RSR GTE correct. It sounds like a modified version of the Cayman ClubSport instead of the banshee that it is in real life.

https://twitter.com/PorscheRaces/status/1003270005579046912?

hkraft300
04-06-2018, 16:04
Is it out already?
Won’t have a chance to lap til the weekend. @&#&$*#*# my life.
Let me just go get that download started :)

From what I’ve read in other patch notes it seems like an extensive patch. Thanks and well done Blues.

UkHardcore23
04-06-2018, 16:06
Any bottom end on the sound yet?

davidt33
04-06-2018, 16:34
Well this sure was welcomed. Really good to see we PS4 console users got it as early as we did following announcement last week it would have been released. Wasn't expecting it so quick. Cheers. Downloading right now.

blankfile
04-06-2018, 17:01
I haven't noticed any changes as of yet - will report back when I will.

One request though: please get the engine sound of the 911 RSR GTE correct. It sounds like a modified version of the Cayman ClubSport instead of the banshee that it is in real life.

https://twitter.com/PorscheRaces/status/1003270005579046912?

That is not the porsche gte we have, we have the early 2017 car found pre le mans with another exhaust system that is much quieter

vwpolo
04-06-2018, 17:13
I just did an online race in Monza so far and I did not notice anything specific on my Porsche 911 gt3, but I think it will take time to understand what's been fixed.
BUT ... SURPRISE SURPRISE :-) THE PHOTOGRAPHIC FILTERS NOW WORK...

Atak Kat
04-06-2018, 17:38
So, my PS4 account is from N.America.
N.America always gets that patches later in the day vs. Europe.
I've been sitting here for a couple hours doing 'check for update' with no luck.
Then I decide to look closer and it's already at V6!!. It was updated this morning at 7:20am.

I have no idea how all the updates came so sychronized on all the platforms (even within Sony Europe vs. N.America...). I was simply convinced that would never happen.

vwpolo
04-06-2018, 18:01
I don't know if it's a bug or what... but I was racing on a 12 laps online at nurburgring gp ... quietly and normally I was third although with a DT penalty and at lap 5 the application just closed itself ... maybe it's my fault ?

Woodrow
04-06-2018, 19:23
Tyres seem grippyer..I think*shrug*. I seem to be getting more graphic "artifacting" in replay(not a big deal) Most dissapointed that backseat cam has still not been added to replay views menu though..

itonz
04-06-2018, 19:33
update 6.0 - I found this at Monza (Online Multiplayer)
My car is transparent when pit stop.
And car's bonnet hidden when going out from pit stop and back when on the track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwNqJ9EEKyQ

Jimmy777
04-06-2018, 20:02
For me THE FFB fells really bad! Car feels like driving on ice again the same like at the release of the game.
What a step back :( start again with find new FFB settings or throw the game in the garbage can.

I’m sick of fiddling with settings for days.

stevewf1
04-06-2018, 20:09
Pit for wet tyres in a league race, with wet tyres selected, and just get sent back out the pits on worn slicks, ruining my race. After nearly 9 months and still silly issues like this with the game? I’m done with this game now, not wasting any more time with it.

Daz555
04-06-2018, 20:11
Pit for wet tyres in a league race, with wet tyres selected, and just get sent back out the pits on worn slicks, ruining my race. After nearly 9 months and still silly issues like this with the game? I’m done with this game now, not wasting any more time with it.
Sounds like you had "recommended" in your pit strategy rather than "all". It is annoying that it works that way but set it to all and it should workaround this
feature/glitch.

sas5320
04-06-2018, 20:11
I hear Assetto Corsa and iRacing have a lot to offer

Daz555
04-06-2018, 20:14
update 6.0 - I found this at Monza (Online Multiplayer)
My car is transparent when pit stop.
And car's bonnet hidden when going out from pit stop and back when on the track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwNqJ9EEKyQ
That one has been around for a while. I get it intermittently as well.

Sum Dixon-Ear
04-06-2018, 21:47
Great update, physics/tyre model both feel brilliant, not sure if it's just me but the graphics look cleaner, the AI seem to be much better (no more jerky steering from them, looks much more realistic), my V3 brake pedal is rumbling away beautifully and the Thrusmaster Bluetooth display is now fully supported... very happy!

UkHardcore23
04-06-2018, 23:40
Great update, physics/tyre model both feel brilliant, not sure if it's just me but the graphics look cleaner, the AI seem to be much better (no more jerky steering from them, looks much more realistic), my V3 brake pedal is rumbling away beautifully and the Thrusmaster Bluetooth display is now fully supported... very happy!
I dont think the jaggies have been improved but racing at Oulton there i swear the lighting is better and there was no squares or banding in the sky which dramtically improves the look of the game.

Okay just had a race at Long Beach jaggies have defo been improved so its likely the better AA is also improving the lighting.

GT3 cars feel great only thing is during the 10 lap race at Oulton i hit 2 land mines not as bad as PCars 1 landmines but enough of a jolt to send me off track.

Sum Dixon-Ear
04-06-2018, 23:47
I dont think the jaggies have been improved but racing at Oulton there i swear the lighting is better and there was no squares or banding in the sky which dramtically improves the look of the game.

Okay just had a race at Long Beach jaggies have defo been improved so its likely the better AA is also improving the lighting.

GT3 cars feel great only thing is during the 10 lap race at Oulton i hit 2 land mines not as bad as PCars 1 landmines but enough of a jolt to send me off track.

The whole look of the game seems far better to me; sharper, brighter, better colours, vastly improved mirrors.

I've only ever had one landmine... in a laggy online race at Dubai on pCARS1... that's out of thousands of races.

UkHardcore23
05-06-2018, 00:49
The whole look of the game seems far better to me; sharper, brighter, better colours, vastly improved mirrors.

I've only ever had one landmine... in a laggy online race at Dubai on pCARS1... that's out of thousands of races.

Yeah i dont think id hit any landmines until tonight.

Sadly after racing at Oulton again when it went to dusk the banding and squares are still ighting defo looks better.

KiLo146
05-06-2018, 05:37
My first 4-5 hours on ver.6 has been a solid improvement on my racing experience. I saw tonight that France has the DLC already. I imagine this means us racers in the USA will have it tomorrow? Once again two thumbs up for the work SMS has done to improve the immersion, graphics and most importantly, imo, the realism in this sim. Is their anything holding up the release in the US other than the usual Sony USA process?

AlloChamps
05-06-2018, 06:45
Now I feel rain driving better I noticed that in thunderstorm I drove 3 seconds faster on Sugo and could drive a lot more laps and when the left front was 55% you could still keep lap times just 2 seconds slower than with new tires,
before you could only drive 10 laps before the car was barely runable.
The car feels much better now in the rain thanks.
Even AI now drives more really in the rain.

risento
05-06-2018, 07:54
That one has been around for a while. I get it intermittently as well.

Noticed this too, in Oulton Park with the Ginetta G40, when I pit after the cool down lap.

Titzon Toast
05-06-2018, 08:08
I had a few online races last night and I thought the car felt excellent, I can't quite put my finger on what SMS have changed but it's a thumb's up from me anyway.

hkraft300
05-06-2018, 08:54
DLC out in oz when I turned it on 6 hours ago.
Got a quick mp race in at red bull in the sls gt3. 40℃ track soft tires felt and looked normal same as patch 5.

Sum Dixon-Ear
05-06-2018, 09:32
...it's a thumb's up me anyway.

Whatever floats yer boat mate, each to their own... ;)

Titzon Toast
05-06-2018, 10:42
Whatever floats yer boat mate, each to their own... ;)

Well, you were there last night, that's all I'm saying...

Maurofb
05-06-2018, 11:12
From what I saw last night, menus seem to work much faster on the PS4. Small thing but much appreciated.

Sum Dixon-Ear
05-06-2018, 11:29
Well, you were there last night, that's all I'm saying...

I was... but when I heard you going 'Oh my... this is the best it's ever felt!!' I thought you were talking about the game.

Deviant.

Grimm
05-06-2018, 13:20
Damn was planing on trying out onrush today, guess thats out of the question then..... feeling exited.

This was a reply on the New patch, not where the thumbs go btw

KiLo146
05-06-2018, 16:59
What’s up with Sony N. America, still no DLC yet. Anyone have a timeline on when it should be out for us in the USA???

itonz
05-06-2018, 20:00
The cars flying on the track of Spa. without wheel.
And my car (Huracan black+green) not parking in our garage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r572Ij-ao_E

sloppysmusic
05-06-2018, 20:08
Wet driving much easier. 25 laps in the rain at Hockenheim National against AI 100/100 and not one loss of control or spin out. Except mild puddle drifting. Tire wear was consistent throughout race by the end my tires were completely shot.

Career Tier 4 Group A Race 1/4 Hockenheim National (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62938-Sloppy-s-Fast-Stable-and-Fun-Career-Tunes-(G29)&p=1515730&viewfull=1#post1515730)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN11EyEse50&feature=youtu.be

davidt33
05-06-2018, 22:35
Now I feel rain driving better I noticed that in thunderstorm I drove 3 seconds faster on Sugo and could drive a lot more laps and when the left front was 55% you could still keep lap times just 2 seconds slower than with new tires,
before you could only drive 10 laps before the car was barely runable.
The car feels much better now in the rain thanks.
Even AI now drives more really in the rain.
Good to see the positive reviews regarding tyres in wet and general handling improvement following patch 6.
Definitely good news.

davidt33
05-06-2018, 22:37
The cars flying on the track of Spa. without wheel.
And my car (Huracan black+green) not parking in our garage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r572Ij-ao_E
Hoover craft.

Kriig
06-06-2018, 07:41
I think it's a very good patch. Got some flickering on the cars in the replay though, but that's a minor detail.

Dinos
06-06-2018, 08:31
At last, thrustmaster BT led display works perfect.

UkHardcore23
06-06-2018, 10:21
Absolute joy last night! 15 Lap race @ Oulton 20x Weather starting at 12.00pm Sunny then Heavy Rain 5 laps in and then back to sunny while just turning into sunset/evening! Looked absolutely incredible and very PCARS 1 - Whatever they have done has made a massive difference graphically.

Physics are finally finally amazing! I've always loved PCARS 1 but i never felt confident driving/pushing the cars the way AC gives you that confidence, Last night was the first time ever i actually felt 100% in control of what i was doing in a PC title and was very AC like and dare i say it but i think it has passed AC now it genuinely feels way better than PC has ever done and boy we can finally race in the wet!

Top stuff! I've barely touched 2 compared to PC1 but i feel its now finally time to hammer the game.

CJBMX702
06-06-2018, 13:31
Hello, since the update Whenever I receive a game invite, instead of joining the lobby it sends me to the Project cars 2 on the PSN store. Is there anyway to fix this? Or do I have to wait for another update? (I got the digital version of the game) I got a video on my youtube channel of it, but I cant send a link. Youtube is same as forum name

Sum Dixon-Ear
06-06-2018, 13:59
Hello, since the update Whenever I receive a game invite, instead of joining the lobby it sends me to the Project cars 2 on the PSN store. Is there anyway to fix this? Or do I have to wait for another update? (I got the digital version of the game) I got a video on my youtube channel of it, but I cant send a link. Youtube is same as forum name

Strange one, could it be related to missing DLC? If not I would rebuild the console's database for starters.

Pluriomidica
06-06-2018, 18:56
I have an issue with my force feedback, was doing a race at Le Mans driving the Porsche 919 and after a few laps the wheel started vibrating loudly and for no reason but only on the straights? Again this only occurred after a few laps, very strange and frustrating. I made an account on this forum hoping I wasn't the only one with this issue and that there was a fix. Does anyone have any ideas? This did not happen before the update

hasslemoff
06-06-2018, 19:19
I too have an issue with my force feedback, was doing a race at Le Mans driving the Porsche 919 and after a few laps the wheel started vibrating loudly and for no reason but only on the straights? Again this only occurred after a few laps, very strange and frustrating. I made an account on this forum hoping I wasn't the only one with this issue and that there was a fix. Does anyone have any ideas? This did not happen before the update

Had the same issue with the same car on lemans last night, started after a couple of laps. Will try again with other cars later in the week.

Porsche 919, sms low down force set up no changes apart from full tank off fuel. Soft tyres.
Wheel T150, standard ps4.
Informative, volume 23, tone 23, the rest at 50
Violant shake on straights for a couple of seconds.

Maskmagog
06-06-2018, 19:23
I have an issue with my force feedback, was doing a race at Le Mans driving the Porsche 919 and after a few laps the wheel started vibrating loudly and for no reason but only on the straights? Again this only occurred after a few laps, very strange and frustrating. I made an account on this forum hoping I wasn't the only one with this issue and that there was a fix. Does anyone have any ideas? This did not happen before the update

What wheel? I had this problem on my Thrustmaster TX. Turns out there is a newer firmware available (v53) that pretty much fixed it for me.

Pluriomidica
06-06-2018, 19:33
I see, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue then. Could it be a glitch with the Porsche 919? A real shame because I've been waiting ages for this car. I was in the middle of an endurance race but had to cut it short because the problem was just so annoying and unrealistic. I'm using a Logitech G29 wheel.
Informative, Gain 75, Volume 70, Tone 55, FX 30 (I have always had these settings since I calibrated the wheel). I will keep checking this forum to see if there are any fixes. Thanks.

Pluriomidica
06-06-2018, 19:34
My wheel is a Logitech G29. When you had this issue was it also after a few laps with the Porsche 919?

Maskmagog
06-06-2018, 20:05
My wheel is a Logitech G29. When you had this issue was it also after a few laps with the Porsche 919?

It was with all cars I tried, ie the new DLC cars, going down Mulsanne straight (Vintage LM).
I'm on Xbox, so I don't know the PS4 tricks and tips, but for me it seems to help to always power down the console completely. Might be a good idea to recalibrate the wheel. After patch 4 (I think, it seemed to help when I uninstalled/reinstalled the game. I dunno. Have you checked if there are new drivers for the G29?

Also, try the other flavors, like RAW.

Pluriomidica
06-06-2018, 21:06
Okay I see. I think next time I play I'll do an endurance race at Le Mans but with a GTE car, to test whether this problem only occurs on the new DLC cars, or if it's on any car since the 6.0 update. I'll try your other suggestions as well and I'll keep checking the forum. Thanks a lot for getting back to me

seb02
07-06-2018, 06:27
PS4 standard : Custom race, all aids , 19 AI, date : 21/06 - 17H , dry weather

Hello,

I tried a race with RX cars on Imola. There is a concern with the top speeds of the AI. In the long straight, I can reach with the default setup 243 km/h while the AI ​​reaches 213 km/h and whatever the level of the AI ​​(I tried 50%, 80% and 100%). I said that I tried others tracks and the problem is present on all tracks.
Thanks to the devs for look at this because it is very annoying.

ProDriver
07-06-2018, 07:00
Bugs after patch 6.0

Lobby multi class. Despite of the fact that the lobby was in multi class option by the host, the others drivers couldn't change the car selected by the host, neither if the host change the car.

No sincronized drivers. In a lobby where the drivers were exiting and entry, then some of the others drivers couldnt see a re-entry driver. We tested several times.
- Some of them reported that the re-entry driver was transparent, they could see him and when he pass them, he do it over them. The re-entry driver, could not see them at all, nor in the hud, neither in his camera the physic car.
- Some of them reported that the re-entry driver was in box, when he were on the track.
Note: Could the host migration cause that bug???

Permanent yellow flag.. In the minimap a yellow flag was permanent despite of the fact that no driver were stopped in that point of the circuit.

blankfile
07-06-2018, 11:49
Bugs after patch 6.0

[

Permanent yellow flag.. In the minimap a yellow flag was permanent despite of the fact that no driver were stopped in that point of the circuit.

A car dced at that point and it still counts as stopped

mea_culpa
08-06-2018, 14:02

I had the same feeling. It seems more polished (sharper, brighter, in most cases mirrors are now better (I used Resolution Mode on my PS4 PRO)). Maybe lighting was improved providing a sharper image and better colours. Handling with the pad is now good (car is more controllable).
There are lots of bugs (in the unofficial list provided by Asturbo) that must be validated (as fixed or unfixed). I hope developers will fix the remaining bugs and provide improvements (sush as filters on MP, better replay handling and image quality...) in the next patch largely requested by users. I would like to know if image quality improvement is also recognized by owner of standard PS4.

hkraft300
08-06-2018, 15:41
. I would like to know if image quality improvement is also recognized by owner of standard PS4.

Cant say. My tv is probably too old to show any improvement.
Looks just as good as before.

Cladandadum
08-06-2018, 20:38
I would say that image quality has improved significantly for me on PS4. Vintage Le Mans looks great and Monza is also noticeably improved, not much shimmering to the leaves on the trees. At least, to my eyes.

giulianbu
09-06-2018, 17:51
the "rain" and the puddles are the real problem of the game, the I.A. on some events it runs well on others like snails, the puddles on some cars have an effect like oil, all this is unreal and ruins the game, I'm very disappointed!

Konan
09-06-2018, 17:57
the "rain" and the puddles are the real problem of the game, the I.A. on some events it runs well on others like snails, the puddles on some cars have an effect like oil, all this is unreal and ruins the game, I'm very disappointed!

The tweaking of the AI is still ongoing...

Pluriomidica
10-06-2018, 08:23
Update: I did a 2h race at the Le Mans classic track yesterday driving the Porsche 917LH and I did not have issues with the steering wheel. It seems the problem is isolated to the LMP1 2016 cars

xtro
11-06-2018, 13:45
I was on vacation and was only able to test 6.0 yesterday. I didn't play more than an hour in the past 3 mo. But I will definitely get back to it now. The most obvious improvement is the car handling and FFB -- feeling great on my t300 with a lot less violent reactions.. the reactions intensity feels more in par with the weight of the wheel. I had 3 awesome races online yesterday. I think although not as obvious as in a GTS the physics when hitting other cars is more forgiving which will have a very positive impact on online races. A lot less car being completely unbalanced after a slight touch.. pobably less frustration and hopefully more players online . I noticed also some changes in the colors and it feels like the sound quality is improved, less "compressed" I can hear the engines and the sound effects better. I'm pretty sure the AI has changed again on ps4 because I had to drop the difficulty at 60 in p5 and i'm back to 90-100 with this update... Also some other stuff I noticed.. I was braking consistently between all the cars tested.. and I didnt experence any transmission locking up on downshifts (auto clutch off) Thank you for the hard work. This update is fantastic!

fbetes
11-06-2018, 15:38
Can any moderator or SMS team staff confirm if Logitech G29 FFB has been tweaked with this patch?

seb02
12-06-2018, 07:47
Hello,

here, when selecting an indycar road version on a road circuit (monaco for example) for a custom race, the AI ​​may have indycar version oval. This was already the case before the patch 6.00, I said but still no correction.
maybe it is not solvable?
Thank you

jaredinhouston
12-06-2018, 20:35
Played the pesky Ginetta Jr career race in Silverstone before the patch and replayed after. Can tell you that the huge lake on the back stretch is gone (thank you baby jebus) Haven't played any other tracks yet but that was a huge sigh of relief!

FOG-Smokebeer
15-06-2018, 22:05
As a long term backer and fan and as someone who only races online in open pits I run myself almost ever night not being able to remove the unwanted/bad drivers has ruined the game and my enjoyment :( plz fix this A.S.A.P before I give up and unwrap that copy of gts sat on the side collecting dust.

We are not living in the olden days when it was safe to leave your front door unlocked ! omg think of doing that theses days ?

davidt33
16-06-2018, 00:01
As a long term backer and fan and as someone who only races online in open pits I run myself almost ever night not being able to remove the unwanted/bad drivers has ruined the game and my enjoyment :( plz fix this A.S.A.P before I give up and unwrap that copy of gts sat on the side collecting dust.

We are not living in the olden days when it was safe to leave your front door unlocked ! omg think of doing that theses days ?
That was a bit hard to read but what do you mean by "as someone who only races online in open pits"? Do you mean public/open lobbies?

FOG-Smokebeer
16-06-2018, 06:22
sorry not sure how to dumb it down anymore maybe this will make more sense " I only race online and in rooms I run myself"

Dave White
16-06-2018, 12:13

Agreed - horrible decision! (or bug, who knows..)

davidt33
16-06-2018, 12:19
sorry not sure how to dumb it down anymore maybe this will make more sense " I only race online and in rooms I run myself"
Ok. If you are the host, unless I'm mistaken, I believe you have the ability to directly remove "unwanted/bad drivers" from the roster.
Additionally you can control who joins the room/lobby by setting it to "Private" thereby inviting or allowing only those you wish to so join. If you have the lobby set to "Public" then anyone can join.

giulianbu
16-06-2018, 18:36
After many hours of career tests I am disappointed by the rain races, the I.A. it runs too slowly! too slow, there is no competition so, even if I put 120 do not run fast, this thing ruins the game.

Zaskarspants
17-06-2018, 09:57
After many hours of career tests I am disappointed by the rain races, the I.A. it runs too slowly! too slow, there is no competition so, even if I put 120 do not run fast, this thing ruins the game.

I often beat the AI with the default tyre, wet and dry. You can make the race competitive again by adjusting the AI and if you reach the 120/100 you can then also change your tyre to a slower one.

Here I win against the AI quite convincingly at 120/100 on the all weather tyre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3Xhdlngnw0&index=6&list=PLdgLGqlRYCRIcKHt2vmlYuoItH1o1B-jS&t=0s

So I change to the all terrain tyre and leave AI at 120/100 and the race is close again as you see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8f4wETmPv0&index=7&list=PLdgLGqlRYCRIcKHt2vmlYuoItH1o1B-jS&t=0s

giulianbu
17-06-2018, 11:46
I often beat the AI with the default tyre, wet and dry. You can make the race competitive again by adjusting the AI and if you reach the 120/100 you can then also change your tyre to a slower one.

Here I win against the AI quite convincingly at 120/100 on the all weather tyre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3Xhdlngnw0&index=6&list=PLdgLGqlRYCRIcKHt2vmlYuoItH1o1B-jS&t=0s

So I change to the all terrain tyre and leave AI at 120/100 and the race is close again as you see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8f4wETmPv0&index=7&list=PLdgLGqlRYCRIcKHt2vmlYuoItH1o1B-jS&t=0s
I hope they resolve the balance of the I.A on rain because so I do not play and I have been waiting for 9 months for a fix :(

Zaskarspants
17-06-2018, 12:31
I hope they resolve the balance of the I.A on rain because so I do not play and I have been waiting for 9 months for a fix :(

I can only shine a light on the path, I cannot make you walk it.

Dave White
18-06-2018, 10:04
Ok. If you are the host, unless I'm mistaken, I believe you have the ability to directly remove "unwanted/bad drivers" from the roster.

No, that's exactly the point - after patch 6 you no longer "have the ability to directly remove 'unwanted/bad drivers from the roster".

FOG-Smokebeer
20-06-2018, 04:01
What is with the finale drive changing by its self or the separate gears suddenly all being the same ratio??? its lucky I am not new to tweaking stuff or a lot of races could have been wrecked :( hopefully I got a vid of what I mean I will try and get posted soon

Sankyo
20-06-2018, 07:45
What is with the finale drive changing by its self or the separate gears suddenly all being the same ratio??? its lucky I am not new to tweaking stuff or a lot of races could have been wrecked :( hopefully I got a vid of what I mean I will try and get posted soon

A video would be great, as we need to know when it happens. I guess it happens before you get into the car? If yes, it should be easy to resolve it by re-loading your set-up?

Maskmagog
20-06-2018, 08:20
I have seen this too, on Xbox. Reported the following late April: (BMW 320 TC career)
Few strange things though. I started testing different gear ratios. Tested on track, then I went back to Setup. And the numbers were suddenly different. Only possible Final Drive for the BMW is 2.944 and 3.something. I got 4.308? Changed ratios again, and same thing: When I returned, numbers were off. And it felt that it wasn't just showing the wrong numbers, it felt wrong on track as well. I'm no tuning guy, so I could be wrong.
When I adjusted the numbers again, it was weird again. If 3rd gear for example showed 2.200, and I clicked left, it didn't go to nearest value. It jumped 3-4 values down. So one click left, and one click right did not return to same value. It took one click left, and 3-4 click right to do that.

davidt33
20-06-2018, 10:37
It's some sort of bug. I'd noticed it before the patch and mentioned it and brought it to Asturbo's attention. He also put it in his list of bugs thread back then hoping it would catch the eye of the developers. I saw it happen to me again just yesterday as by force of habit now I glance at the gears when double-checking in the pits.

I don't know if it's cosmetic or if it actually affects the gears but just to play it safe when I see it I reload the saved tune and that gets the gears back to how they're supposed to be. It scares me when I see it though. Apparently still there in patch 6.

FOG-Smokebeer
20-06-2018, 22:47
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BsRXc3_trg

watch the finale drive etc It was set 4.333 but it was a little long look what its set @ when I check

davidt33
20-06-2018, 22:53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BsRXc3_trg

watch the finale drive etc
Yup. THat's what happens. Sometimes the last 3 gears are all the same too.

simsimsheree
20-06-2018, 23:49
Any chance it is due to damage to the gearbox received?

DeanUK
20-06-2018, 23:58
Additionally you can control who joins the room/lobby by setting it to "Private" thereby inviting or allowing only those you wish to so join. If you have the lobby set to "Public" then anyone can join.

Apparently not, the host ability to kick function has been removed... it has to go to a vote... and it seems it was a deliberate change which is a really bad idea.

DeanUK
21-06-2018, 00:00
No, that's exactly the point - after patch 6 you no longer "have the ability to directly remove 'unwanted/bad drivers from the roster".

I don't know what they were thinking. I've not come across anyone who thinks its a good idea either.

davidt33
21-06-2018, 00:54
Any chance it is due to damage to the gearbox received?
No I don't think so.

FOG-Smokebeer
25-06-2018, 02:18
plz plz don't make us wait until the next dlc to return the kick option to the host tonight was beyond a joke arrrgghhhaaa

FOG-Smokebeer
25-06-2018, 20:23
They say silence is golden but not in this case plz let your fans know what is going on before they start a riot

DeBH
26-06-2018, 07:30
After a break, I'm finally finding time to play this game again.

I remember being very happy that the AI was fixed for offline racing. There were many improvements that finally made the game playable and fun for me, compared to at launch.

But*the AI during qualifying is still not right. They will follow their line whatever the cost, and will ram you off the track to stay on it. This is not the case during racing, as they will change it based on your position in the track.

I can't ever complete a clean qualifying session. It gets to the point I'm so frustrated I can't even finish one properly, so I don't even make it to the race.

What gives??

Seriously... I thought it would have been corrected by now.

How do you guys get around this?

hkraft300
26-06-2018, 08:41
A video would be great, as we need to know when it happens. I guess it happens before you get into the car? If yes, it should be easy to resolve it by re-loading your set-up?

I haven't been able to consistently repro it but happens to me often in the C7R. Say during quali I've done some laps, gone back in the pits to make a change.
The gear ratios aren't actually changing even if it says so on the screen: if you drive with the wonky ratios your shift points are still the same and what not. It's purely UI glitching.
A setup reload fixes it.

wyldanimal
27-06-2018, 16:04
I haven't been able to consistently repro it but happens to me often in the C7R. Say during quali I've done some laps, gone back in the pits to make a change.
The gear ratios aren't actually changing even if it says so on the screen: if you drive with the wonky ratios your shift points are still the same and what not. It's purely UI glitching.
A setup reload fixes it.

Just read this.. And Now it makes so much Sense..
Last night I tried an AI custom race at Daytona with the Indy car.

I was trying to adjust the gear ratios, and was having so much troubles..
it just didn't seem to be working, and then the next Adjustment was, way over the top..

So it was as if the 1st adjustment had no affect, and then the 2nd one, had too much affect.

After reading your experience, it now Make sense..
the Adjustments weren't working, and then the 2nd adjustments did,
but were twice what I thought, because I was adjusting more on top of what I had already adjusted that didn't have an Affect.

Protomorph
09-07-2018, 23:10
Relating to 'ai improvements on many tracks', does it includes monza gp? I say that because the ai is still very odd there, very slow mid corner and corner exit, but then unreally building too much speed on the straights, braking suddently after overtaking the player and still punching the player in the back too much. And in nurburgring's shumacher esses they are still too fast I think.

64footdan
10-07-2018, 03:48
Anyone have an odd digital distortion during replays (trackside cam)? I recorded some ok clips of what I'm talking about. It seems to happen with most cars for me at the moment. I deleted the game and reinstalled with no improvement. Don't recall this prior to 6.0 but that doesn't mean it wasn't there.

https://youtu.be/nfFObVCIx-g
https://youtu.be/iEiB-7gb2fY

The_Flurk
30-07-2018, 09:16
Please, please, please look into the frame drops while racing with 31 AI at the end of Kemmel straight/entry of Les Combes at Francorchamps... It messes up my braking and turn-in a lot when defending or attacking.
It weird because it's the only point on the whole track where the frame drops are really noticeable.

Sankyo
30-07-2018, 10:17
Please, please, please look into the frame drops while racing with 31 AI at the end of Kemmel straight/entry of Les Combes at Francorchamps... It messes up my braking and turn-in a lot when defending or attacking.
It weird because it's the only point on the whole track where the frame drops are really noticeable.
Do the frame drops disappear with less AI? If yes, do the AI take strange lines in this section causing them to collide more often than elsewhere on the track?

The_Flurk
30-07-2018, 12:22
Do the frame drops disappear with less AI? If yes, do the AI take strange lines in this section causing them to collide more often than elsewhere on the track?

It's much less noticeable when driving alone or with less AI, but still there I think. To be 100% sure, I will need to verify this. They don't collide, or at least, not that I am aware of.

AI is pretty solid around Spa, except in the left hander after Bruxelles and in Blanchimont.
The Bus Stop Chicane has a problem when there's a car entering pits. The AI slow down way too much for the left corner of the Bus Stop because (presumably) they think they will hit the car entering pit lane.
But like I said, it's pretty solid overall, and I am very happy to be able to drive my own endurance 24 hours at Spa :D

tunaphis
01-08-2018, 13:47
Got the game today,15.7gb of patches before going online.That's alot of patches..

Daz555
06-08-2018, 03:02
Got the game today,15.7gb of patches before going online.That's alot of patches..
A lot of new content as well.

Sentry87
06-08-2018, 03:25
It is mostly dlcs. Patch files are very, very small

tunaphis
06-08-2018, 04:51
Ah ok,am using my phone as I liveaboard.

senna94f1
20-08-2018, 06:48

Yes but what a truly magnificent game we now have in this delicious sim racer , and fantastic on standard ps4 with wheel ,

We've come along way in a short space of time.

All hail SMS .

davidt33
20-08-2018, 10:28
Yes but what a truly magnificent game we now have in this delicious sim racer , and fantastic on standard ps4 with wheel ,

We've come along way in a short space of time.

All hail SMS .
I'm with Senna on this.