PDA

View Full Version : Patch discussion off topic [from PC Patch 6 discussion thread]

MaXyM
04-06-2018, 13:31
Today's patch is 2 weeks old already. So it looks like reasons for which SMS doesn't provide detailed change log are not valid anymore.
In fact PC2 is the only sim which receives no change-logs to its builds.

https://i.imgur.com/E6MZ4Dq.png

Tank621
04-06-2018, 13:35
In fact today's patch is 2 weeks old already. So it looks like reasons for which SMS doesn't provide detailed change log are not valid anymore.

What?

Do you think that they stop working for 2 weeks after a patch releases?

You do know patches have to be approved before they can be released right?

Sankyo
04-06-2018, 13:35
Today's patch is 2 weeks old already. So it looks like reasons for which SMS doesn't provide detailed change log are not valid anymore.

Are you here just to find reasons to bash SMS?

MaXyM
04-06-2018, 13:39
What?

Do you think that they stop working for 2 weeks after a patch releases?

No. As you can see in attached image, recent build is from last Friday, so obviously they are working on subsequent patch.
I just provided information to members who don't know (because don't track steamdb), that technically, the PC patch was ready 2 weeks ago.

Also I don't think so, the reason put with Patch5 is still valid for P6:

Get over it will you...the reason why has been given since last patch.

Tank621
04-06-2018, 13:40
No. As you can see in attached image, recent build is from last Friday, so obviously they are working on subsequent patch.
I just provided information to members who doesn't know (because don't track steamdb), that technically, the PC patch was ready 2 weeks ago.

Yeah but what does that have to do with patch notes?

FxUK
04-06-2018, 13:43

Its not ideal, even a bit more detail would be helpful... but don't worry about it.
It's not really our job to scrutinise the changes, nor is it something critical we rely on for "business" etc, its for entertainment/pleasure.

Play the game, if you notice something new/fixed, sweet (+ post about it, so I can read it lol) and if you notice an issue, again, post about it, so the dev's get to see. Or Don't. Simples.

I just provided information to members who don't know (because don't track steamdb), that technically, the PC patch was ready 2 weeks ago.

Ready... or in testing? Big difference.

MaXyM
04-06-2018, 13:43
It doesn't. And that's the point.

Bealdor
04-06-2018, 13:44

Also I don't think so, the reason put with Patch5 is still valid for P6:

The devs gave their reasoning in the latest patch notes:

As I mentioned previously, we will no longer be releasing fix-by-fix patch notes. I can't fully go into detail why, but just know that it's much more efficient for us internally this way, so this is how it will be going forward. We hope you guys enjoy the new update. Happy racing.

Tank621
04-06-2018, 13:44
It doesn't. And that's the point.

"So it looks like reasons for which SMS doesn't provide detailed change log are not valid anymore."

So why did you say that then?

Konan
04-06-2018, 13:45
Quote from Nathan :

As I mentioned previously, we will no longer be releasing fix-by-fix patch notes. I can't fully go into detail why, but just know that it's much more efficient for us internally this way, so this is how it will be going forward. We hope you guys enjoy the new update. Happy racing.

Konan
04-06-2018, 13:45
Ok...eal'd...lol

MaXyM
04-06-2018, 13:47
Efficient is a buzz word. It might mean anything. For sure it's not "efficient" to us - customers. This is what counts (at least to me)
However in P5 notes they mentioned certification delays. And this is what I'm referring to.

But you know what? Why you all such nervous just because attaching a date when patch has been committed? Aren't you overreacting?

Tank621
04-06-2018, 13:49
Patch 5 is not patch 6

Not everything SMS does has some hidden conspiracy behind it mate

Bealdor
04-06-2018, 13:52
Efficient is a buzz word. It might mean anything. For sure it's not "efficient" to us - customers. This is what counts (at least to me)
However in P5 notes they mentioned certification delays. And this is what I'm referring to.

But you know what? Why you all such nervous just because attaching a date when patch has been committed? Don't you exaggerating?

I'n not sure mate. You're the one seeing a conspiracy in everything SMS is doing...

Tank621
04-06-2018, 13:55
But you know what? Why you all such nervous just because attaching a date when patch has been committed? Aren't you overreacting?

Nobody is nervous we just have no idea how you've manged to come to this conclusion:

"Reasons for which SMS doesn't provide detailed change log are not valid anymore."

cluck
04-06-2018, 13:56
Wake me up when discussing the politics of the patch, rather than the patch itself, is over :)

Tank621
04-06-2018, 13:58
Wake me up when discussing the politics of the patch, rather than the patch itself, is over :)

You'll be really well rested after that long a sleep :rolleyes:

MaXyM
04-06-2018, 13:59
No... it's not a conspiracy. It never was.
It's a business in its pure form.
It's not something which surprise me. But I it looks some others might be surprised if they finally figure it out.
As I said all dev teams can afford creating more detailed info for patches. For instance, R3E got 3 patches during a time between Patch 5 and 6 of PC2. All with detailed info.

Nobody is nervous we just have no idea how you've manged to come to this conclusion:

"Reasons for which SMS doesn't provide detailed change log are not valid anymore."

This reason has been mentioned a few times already for arguing patch6 notes. For example: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62712-Unofficial-issue-list-Post-Patch-5-0/page37&p=1514701#post1514701

Konan
04-06-2018, 14:01

Will do...got a special alarmcluck just for you :cool:

http://youtu.be/T37GS612Ev8

Konan
04-06-2018, 14:06
It's not something which surprise me. But I it looks some others might be surprised if they finally figure it out.
As I said all dev teams can afford creating more detailed info for patches. For instance, R3E got 3 patches during a time PC2 patch 5 and 6. All with detailed info.

This reason has been mentioned a few times already for arguing patch6 notes. For example: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62712-Unofficial-issue-list-Post-Patch-5-0/page37&p=1514701#post1514701

That is but one of the reasons though...Nathan's quote was posted twice in this thread already...

Bealdor
04-06-2018, 14:13
As I said all dev teams can afford creating more detailed info for patches. For instance, R3E got 3 patches during a time between Patch 5 and 6 of PC2. All with detailed info.

On console too? How nice of them. Oh wait... :rolleyes:

OK I'll say this only once since apparently you haven't learned a single thing during your forum holidays.
You can either try to be part of and add something to this community by being constructive or you can play your "truth spreading prophet" role somewhere else.

Andy Garton
04-06-2018, 14:15
Are you here just to find reasons to bash SMS?
It’s difficult to draw any other conclusion. Honestly, I have no idea why this young man is still around here, when he clearly dislikes the game, and SMS. Why not move on to something different? iRacing and Assetto Corsa have a lot to offer for example. His contributions here are sadly destructive in many threads.

Nathan Bell
04-06-2018, 14:21
MaXyM, I see you've found yet another reason to complain. Let me be perfectly clear, you're one of our customers, and we value all our customers. We do our best to make you guys happy. I've said numerous times on these forums that we will not be releasing detailed patch notes moving forward. I've also said I cannot fully explain the reason why. I'm not saying this to hide behind some hidden agenda, it's simply the truth. If you cannot except that, then I fear we may have lost you as a customer. If that's the case, I'm sorry. But this is how it's gonna be moving forward. I've been as open and honest as I can be. I hope you can except that. If you cannot, there are many other sim racing alternatives out there that you can try.

To the rest of you, we're glad you're enjoying the game and our continued efforts to bring you guys updates. Your positive comments do not go unnoticed.