PDA

View Full Version : Patch 6.0

blinkngone
04-06-2018, 16:24
Ok, so the new patch has been out for a while. I have tested it mainly with GT3s. My initial finding in TT is that the Soft slicks are quick on the 1st lap out. Easy grip and control, at least with the Renault R.S. 01 GT3. Using the same setup as before I improved, with the Hard slicks I was considerably slower so I either need to change the setup or run many more laps. This is the first time I have ever been able to use Soft slicks. Maybe that is the way it should be, use Softs for a couple of quick laps in TT and Qualifying and Hard for racing?

Oh, well I tried the Huracan and I couldn't get Soft tires to work at all with my old setup, so WTF. The LMS was only a tenth off with Hard tires. Ok, so for not very good drivers like my self this means I will be starting over again, maybe I can get better.:p

On the plus side I was able to drive the Radical SR8-RX on Default albeit slowly. Not sure why though.

Ok, I ran 3 laps and easily beat my previous PB/WR with Hard tires, so Soft tires are off the table for TT once again, at least for me.

Aston Martin GT3, almost a WR but a big improvement for me over my PB using Hard tires.

UkHardcore23
04-06-2018, 18:40
Why are hards at Silverstone faster than softs? A hot track i get why hards are faster but a cool Brit track you'd expect softs to be quicker right?

Bealdor
04-06-2018, 18:43
Why are hards at Silverstone faster than softs? A hot track i get why hards are faster but a cool Brit track you'd expect softs to be quicker right?

Silverstone has many medium fast to fast corners. It's quite heavy on the tires.

beetes_juice
04-06-2018, 18:46
and track is pretty hot...and comparing two different cars...and you guys look way to much into the tires. Gone are the days of softs are faster, hards are slow. Pick the tire depending on conditions, track, and strategy.

blinkngone
04-06-2018, 19:10

Hi, well I was able to make 1 good lap with the Soft tires but that was it, I would have to be able to get everything working on that 1 lap. By the end of the 2nd lap I was showing a considerable wear pattern due to the camber I was using on the front tires. So pretty much out lap and done with the Soft tires, not even an outlap and a qualifying lap was possible. Now with the 5.0 Patch Decatur Playa was able to get the Soft tires to work for him so we will have to wait and see if he feels the same with 6.0.

AbeWoz
04-06-2018, 19:13
and track is pretty hot...and comparing two different cars...and you guys look way to much into the tires. Gone are the days of softs are faster, hards are slow. Pick the tire depending on conditions, track, and strategy.

building on this, car setup will also play a role in tire choice.

Some cars will work the tires more than others based on spring/damper settings, suspension geometry, etc.

blinkngone
04-06-2018, 19:19
building on this, car setup will also play a role in tire choice.

Some cars will work the tires more than others based on spring/damper settings, suspension geometry, etc.

Yes, I typically use high front and rear camber with the R.S. 01 which is why I saw the excessive wear with the Soft tire.
When I went to the Aston I had already given up on the Soft tires, I had more camber in my setup.
Mercedes AMG GT, not great but a new PB for me, this is my best GT3. New tires will help people like me.:D
Huracan. Meh, but better.
Huracan, up to 2nd. Of course if someone else ran the new tires I would be down again.:cool:
AM GT3 WR thanks to Patch 6.0.

blinkngone
05-06-2018, 01:19
Well this thread is likely to be really short compared to the 5.0 thread, which is good.:cool: The one thing I have noticed is that I have to change my setups to get them to work with the new tires, a perfectly reasonable trade-off for the improved performance. For me personally I don't feel the need for as much camber because I have more confidence in the grip than patch 5.0. I would compare the handling to the patch 5.0 GTE cars now where you can adjust your lines mid corner without severely impacting the corner. Also more people should be able to drive around on the Default setups now. Tuning the LSD should be easier for the average driver/tuners as well.

UkHardcore23
05-06-2018, 12:23
Hey guys im finding im much much quicker on Hards, Last night i ran 20 laps at Oulton & Laguna Seca 10 laps each on the tyres. At Oulton i was a massive 1.7 seconds quicker on Hards and Laguna 1.5 Seconds. My problem with Hards though is im sliding round the corners and when im watching the replay the AI is glued to the road while cornering while im sliding round every corner. How do i stop the slides as id imagine i'd be way quicker if i can get the tires more planted... it also looks odd on replays as you could imagine with 17 other cars glued and me going round corners half sideways.

blinkngone
05-06-2018, 12:33
Hey guys im finding im much much quicker on Hards, Last night i ran 20 laps at Oulton & Laguna Seca 10 laps each on the tyres. At Oulton i was a massive 1.7 seconds quicker on Hards and Laguna 1.5 Seconds. My problem with Hards though is im sliding round the corners and when im watching the replay the AI is glued to the road while cornering while im sliding round every corner. How do i stop the slides as id imagine i'd be way quicker if i can get the tires more planted... it also looks odd on replays as you could imagine with 17 other cars glued and me going round corners half sideways.

Hi, that's good that you have been able to get the Hard tires working. You didn't mention what setup you are using, I am assuming you are just using Defaults.

Let's look at the suspension.
Loose.
Stable.
Notice that the changes are front camber and rear ARB. Depending on the car you could try reducing the rear ARB first to reduce the sliding but sometimes a slight slide is just a quicker way around a corner. If you are not abusing the left rear tire in right hand corners and can control the pressure build up a slight slide may be ok. The next thing is a slight increase in rear camber and then the power ramp angle increase.

ironik
05-06-2018, 12:41
The new hard tyres are about 0,4 - 0,5s faster than patch 5.

EDIT: For GT3 at least. Didn't try softs. ^^

UkHardcore23
05-06-2018, 13:09
Hi, that's good that you have been able to get the Hard tires working. You didn't mention what setup you are using, I am assuming you are just using Defaults.

Let's look at the suspension.
Loose.
Stable.
Notice that the changes are front camber and rear ARB. Depending on the car you could try reducing the rear ARB first to reduce the sliding but sometimes a slight slide is just a quicker way around a corner. If you are not abusing the left rear tire in right hand corners and can control the pressure build up a slight slide may be ok. The next thing is a slight increase in rear camber and then the power ramp angle increase.

Cheers mate, Yeah Stable setups i was using. Will get on this tonight. Yeah i get sliding is sometimes quicker (way quicker last night) but i love watching replays of my races and with me sliding about and the other cars glued it just doesnt look right so i just want to be that much more planted.

blinkngone
05-06-2018, 13:44
Cheers mate, Yeah Stable setups i was using. Will get on this tonight. Yeah i get sliding is sometimes quicker (way quicker last night) but i love watching replays of my races and with me sliding about and the other cars glued it just doesnt look right so i just want to be that much more planted.

Ok, since you are already on Stable some cars don't give a lot of adjustment range on the rear ARB, if this is so in your case do the rear camber increase and power ramp adjustment.

sloppysmusic
05-06-2018, 19:47
25 laps in the rain very even with AI at 100/100 using wets in the rain the whole race. At the end my tires were at 5% or less and it was hard to drive straight....

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62938-Sloppy-s-Fast-Stable-and-Fun-Career-Tunes-(G29)&p=1515730&viewfull=1#post1515730

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN11EyEse50&feature=youtu.be

blinkngone
05-06-2018, 21:08
25 laps in the rain very even with AI at 100/100 using wets in the rain the whole race. At the end my tires were at 5% or less and it was hard to drive straight....

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62938-Sloppy-s-Fast-Stable-and-Fun-Career-Tunes-(G29)&p=1515730&viewfull=1#post1515730

Ok sloppys, so do you feel that result is an improvement? In other posts I have seen some felt the A.I. was too slow in the rain now. I guess it is car/track dependent but I know SMS is trying to adjust rain experiences.

GrimeyDog
05-06-2018, 23:00
For me Patch 6.0 Hard Tire stock loose set up is working well
I was able to beat My Best Mercedes AMG GT3 time By .700 from a 1:07.8xx to a 1:07.160 for the New WR at My fav test track Watkins Glen Short... I think i can push the hatd tires/ stock set up into the 1:06.xxx once i become more familiar with the Patch... I have not yet tries the soft tires.

sloppysmusic
05-06-2018, 23:08
Ok sloppys, so do you feel that result is an improvement? In other posts I have seen some felt the A.I. was too slow in the rain now. I guess it is car/track dependent but I know SMS is trying to adjust rain experiences.

I think their pace at 100/100 AI level is perfect in the rain now...BUT they don't suffer tire wear! So over a long race you have to pit and they do not (unless they scripted to). That 25 lapper was a nail biter as they clawed back from 14 seconds behind to 4 by the last lap while my tires disintegrated lap by lap into pieces of rubber on the track!

blinkngone
05-06-2018, 23:28
For me Patch 6.0 Hard Tire stock loose set up is working well
I was able to beat My Best Mercedes AMG GT3 time By .700 from a 1:07.8xx to a 1:07.160 for the New WR at My fav test track Watkins Glen Short... I think i can push the hatd tires/ stock set up into the 1:06.xxx once i become more familiar with the Patch... I have not yet tries the soft tires.

Congratulations Grimey!

blinkngone
05-06-2018, 23:34
I think their pace at 100/100 AI level is perfect in the rain now...BUT they don't suffer tire wear! So over a long race you have to pit and they do not (unless they scripted to). That 25 lapper was a nail biter as they clawed back from 14 seconds behind to 4 by the last lap while my tires disintegrated lap by lap into pieces of rubber on the track!

Ok, so they are better, but they don't have tire wear which I think was one of the things SMS is working on so they don't have an advantage over the long runs. Continuous improvements are at least happening with most things.

big_prenta
05-06-2018, 23:36
I loved the ty setup you gave me blunder but it doesnt quite work for race pace. Are there any race setup for Imola in the Audi lms gt3 24h

blinkngone
05-06-2018, 23:52
I loved the ty setup you gave me blunder but it doesn’t quite work for race pace. Are there any race setup for Imola in the Audi lms gt3 24h

Sorry, there are only TT setups to share. There is no difference mechanically between the 2 Audis. What do you mean race pace? The radiator needs to be changed and the brake ducts as well.

sylekta
06-06-2018, 00:58
Does RWB Speeddmon91 post on these forums? He has gone and set a bunch of times on Nurburgring GP in all the GT3 cars on stock setups (and set a bunch of WRs in the process, well done sir!)

Its interesting to note that in his 'BoP' test, the ferrari is now the 4th slowest.
Top20 times for reference

PhishHead
06-06-2018, 02:16
Im having a lot more success with Hard Tires in hotter conditions.
With the SLS AMG GT3, I have achieved a 1:45.000 flat at Algarve, a 1:33.5xx at Zhuhai, and my fastest lap ever at Sakitto as well in just two tried (and Id hit a brick wall in terms of progress there the past 5-7 days). Those times arent great, but it is a marked improvement in this driver for sure. Trail braking is either making sense to me now after months of trying/practicing, or these Hard tires are making it easier to do.

blinkngone
06-06-2018, 07:59
Does RWB Speeddmon91 post on these forums? He has gone and set a bunch of times on Nurburgring GP in all the GT3 cars on stock setups (and set a bunch of WRs in the process, well done sir!)

Its interesting to note that in his 'BoP' test, the ferrari is now the 4th slowest.

Thanks sylekta! I haven't seen a post from him but some people haven't different tag vs their forum name. A 1:54.567 with the Bentley? That's over 1.5 seconds better than Suomy's patch 5.0 WR which I thought was good and he did the same with the Cadillac. So maybe there were more BOP adjustments in this patch and not just new tires which is also good. I guess we just need to wait and see what others do with the 488 GT3, his Default time is way off the Custom tune runs from 5.0. All in all so far really good news for people who like to run Default, I think. Just one day in though.

I asked macattack to run on XBOX and he is having similar results using Default, absolutely blitzing our PC times from 5.0.

blinkngone
06-06-2018, 08:03
I’m having a lot more success with Hard Tires in hotter conditions.
With the SLS AMG GT3, I have achieved a 1:45.000 flat at Algarve, a 1:33.5xx at Zhuhai, and my fastest lap ever at Sakitto as well in just two tried (and I’d hit a brick wall in terms of progress there the past 5-7 days). Those times aren’t great, but it is a marked improvement in this driver for sure. Trail braking is either making sense to me now after months of trying/practicing, or these Hard tires are making it easier to do.

You know that the changes are good when people like you, and me, can make progress and feel good when before we were just giving ourselves headaches.:D

big_prenta
06-06-2018, 08:59
So is there much change with the setup you gave me last time plus the new patch has the made cars feel bit different are there any Audi gt3 setups for the new patch

blinkngone
06-06-2018, 09:19
So is there much change with the setup you gave me last time plus the new patch has the made cars feel bit different are there any Audi gt3 setups for the new patch

Sorry big, just Default runs and very few at that, mostly by the same person.
You can check here yourself and if you find one let me know. http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=1836888499&vehicle=1934199723

N1kmido
06-06-2018, 13:35
Would be great if you guys shared your opinion on this for a final bop adjustment:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?53613-GT3-car-balancing/page72

blinkngone
06-06-2018, 19:11

Hey sylekta, here he is, doesn't post much. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?53613-GT3-car-balancing&p=1516365&viewfull=1#post1516365

sylekta
06-06-2018, 21:57
Oh nice, I see he has done algarve too. Damn the ferrari came last on algarve? Thats quite the nerf...

hpiguy
06-06-2018, 22:19
I tried turning some laps in the Porsche GT3 last night, and both traction control and stability control aren't responsive to button mappings.

blinkngone
06-06-2018, 23:20
Oh nice, I see he has done algarve too. Damn the ferrari came last on algarve? Thats quite the nerf...

It's probably no change from Patch 5.0 for the Ferrari, the best 5.0 run was a 1:43.219. But you might be right, just have to wait and see more tracks, with Custom setups.

blinkngone
06-06-2018, 23:26
I tried turning some laps in the Porsche GT3 last night, and both traction control and stability control aren't responsive to button mappings.

Hey hpiguy, I take it they used to work for you before the 6.0 patch? If so maybe you could post this in AsTurbo's thread if you haven't already.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62712-Unofficial-issue-list-Post-Patch-5-0/page41

blinkngone
07-06-2018, 00:50

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62938-Sloppy-s-Fast-Stable-and-Fun-Career-Tunes-(G29)&p=1515730&viewfull=1#post1515730 fudge, officially NO changes to the A.I

Well fudge, officially NO changes to the A.I. with this patch.http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?63504-PC-Patch-6-0-Discussion-thread&p=1516086&viewfull=1#post1516086

So, it must be the changes to the wet tires.

hpiguy
07-06-2018, 02:28
Hey hpiguy, I take it they used to work for you before the 6.0 patch? If so maybe you could post this in AsTurbo's thread if you haven't already.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62712-Unofficial-issue-list-Post-Patch-5-0/page41

Done, thanks.

sylekta
07-06-2018, 04:17
It's probably no change from Patch 5.0 for the Ferrari, the best 5.0 run was a 1:43.219. But you might be right, just have to wait and see more tracks, with Custom setups.
Nah you need to forget the previous patch times, if you just look at his BoP as a baseline, ferrari is one of the slowest in the field now. 17th on Nurburgring and 20th on Algarve. Be interesting when he posts his road america times.
Purely based on stock setup that is, you are right that with custom tunes things can look a lot different. Historically the ferrari had a great base tune though.

cpcdem
07-06-2018, 06:05
Finally I also did some testing of the GT3 cars with patch 6, they're looking good indeed! Now they are again perfectly driveable also in Default setup and using "-pthreads 4" does not seem to make a noticeable difference anymore to car handling/balance, which is also very good! Btw, very glad to find out that we were not complete idiots previously after all, for insisting that there was something wrong before...

About the Ferrari, it does not seem nerfed to me. I hadn't touched the GT3s for a couple of months, but after 10 laps to get used to it again, I got very close to my previous best times with the 488. Don't know if the other cars got a boost though instead.

Finally, unfortunately the exploit that we reported earlier with doing pit stops in time trial is still here, so you can still change tires to soft ones and/or adjust pressures, and still make the game report that the time was done with a default setup.

blinkngone
07-06-2018, 09:25
Finally I also did some testing of the GT3 cars with patch 6, they're looking good indeed! Now they are again perfectly driveable also in Default setup and using "-pthreads 4" does not seem to make a noticeable difference anymore to car handling/balance, which is also very good! Btw, very glad to find out that we were not complete idiots previously after all, for insisting that there was something wrong before...

About the Ferrari, it does not seem nerfed to me. I hadn't touched the GT3s for a couple of months, but after 10 laps to get used to it again, I got very close to my previous best times with the 488. Don't know if the other cars got a boost though instead.

Finally, unfortunately the exploit that we reported earlier with doing pit stops in time trial is still here, so you can still change tires to soft ones and/or adjust pressures, and still make the game report that the time was done with a default setup.

Ok, great news for you, and me, although I was never able to really drive Default myself.;) If the tire pressure exploit is all we have to deal with then it's not too bad, except in TT Community Events where it might get someone a shallow win.

blinkngone
07-06-2018, 09:46
Nah you need to forget the previous patch times, if you just look at his BoP as a baseline, ferrari is one of the slowest in the field now. 17th on Nurburgring and 20th on Algarve. Be interesting when he posts his road america times.
Purely based on stock setup that is, you are right that with custom tunes things can look a lot different. Historically the ferrari had a great base tune though.

Yeah we have to wait and see, they are doing more testing. At Road America the best patch 5.0 Default run was a 2:10.858 +0:05.140, Custom setup was 2:05.718 but that was just Suomy the next best 5.0 run was 2:08.339 +0:02.621.

big_prenta
08-06-2018, 02:44
Looking for a setup round Imola and sonoma in the Renault rs01 and the Lamborghini gt3

DECATUR PLAYA
08-06-2018, 04:56
Blink I tested the Merc AMG GT3 at Silverstone National. After 3 hours of tweaking the best I could do was a 54.283 on Hards.

Summer conditions
Air/Ambient Temp: 78
Track Temp: 106
Clear condtions
11:00 am
Real time

The hards still seem to hold up better in hot conditions. Hards still seem faster in hot conditions. Softs didnt feel faster they seemed more equal to hards but seemed to overheat quickly in turns that put a lot of stress on the tire. I will admit that although I gave the softs a good run I devoted way more time to the hards because I was happy with the hards. I have been reading guys assessment of the GT3s and I agree that they seem about .5 sec quicker.

The operating range of the tires does seem bigger and more forgiving but the sweet spot still feels like the sweet spot. Overall the tires feel better. Patch 6 is a good patch.

blinkngone
08-06-2018, 09:45
Blink I tested the Merc AMG GT3 at Silverstone National. After 3 hours of tweaking the best I could do was a 54.283 on Hards.

Summer conditions
Air/Ambient Temp: 78
Track Temp: 106
Clear condtions
11:00 am
Real time

The hards still seem to hold up better in hot conditions. Hards still seem faster in hot conditions. Softs didnt feel faster they seemed more equal to hards but seemed to overheat quickly in turns that put a lot of stress on the tire. I will admit that although I gave the softs a good run I devoted way more time to the hards because I was happy with the hards. I have been reading guys assessment of the GT3s and I agree that they seem about .5 sec quicker.

The operating range of the tires does seem bigger and more forgiving but the sweet spot still feels like the sweet spot. Overall the tires feel better. Patch 6 is a good patch.

Thanks DECATUR! Wow, sorry about the time investment. I did almost the same with the Softs, initially I made 1 good outlap but then the tires would go away. Once I changed my setup the Hards were quicker. I certainly didn't get a 5 tenths improvement and I am at 0:53.741, I think mac was able to run a 53.4 so far.

DECATUR PLAYA
08-06-2018, 19:19
Thanks DECATUR! Wow, sorry about the time investment. I did almost the same with the Softs, initially I made 1 good outlap but then the tires would go away. Once I changed my setup the Hards were quicker. I certainly didn't get a 5 tenths improvement and I am at 0:53.741, I think mac was able to run a 53.4 so far.

Tweaking on the car is a labor of love so it was no problem. I could never nail each turn perfectly in one lap if I could I think I could crack 53s. I just watched a video and found that I was taking the left hand sweeper turn wrong so thats probably worth .3 tenths right there.

blinkngone
08-06-2018, 19:21
I checked Nurburgring GP, Monza GP and Spa, there were 7 total runs for GTE and 31 runs for GT3 so far with patch 6.0. This is excluding RWB Speeddemon's BOP runs(someone has already passed him on 1 run). There were a handful of runs with the AMG GT3 at Sakitto GP. For some reason TT is the sparsest I have seen it, I thought with the new tires more people would have been trying them out at least in GT3.

big_prenta
08-06-2018, 22:40
Looking for a tt setup round sonoma for Lamborghini gt3 car

blinkngone
08-06-2018, 23:15
Looking for a tt setup round sonoma for Lamborghini gt3 car
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?63517-Setup-Requests-for-Consoles(pictures)-Post-Patch-6-0&p=1517433&viewfull=1#post1517433

blinkngone
08-06-2018, 23:24
Tweaking on the car is a labor of love so it was no problem. I could never nail each turn perfectly in one lap if I could I think I could crack 53s. I just watched a video and found that I was taking the left hand sweeper turn wrong so thats probably worth .3 tenths right there.

I am pleased that most of us are using the same tires now, should be easier to help each other out.
Brooklands? It's a b***h, get it wrong and the next corners/lap is trash.

DECATUR PLAYA
09-06-2018, 05:07
I am pleased that most of us are using the same tires now, should be easier to help each other out.
Brooklands? It's a b***h, get it wrong and the next corners/lap is trash.

Thats it Brooklands.

blinkngone
09-06-2018, 10:14
Thats it Brooklands.

Hey, here is what I have found with the Hard tires and the Audi R8 LMS, it takes around 5 laps for me to get the pressures to 26 PSI using the same setup as 5.0. In the preceding laps the rear is sliding to much through Brooklands messing up the approach to Luffield. On the outlap I am about 3 tenths slower because of this and on each subsequent lap I close on my ghost until the 5th lap I actually equal my 5.0 lap time. So, if you have a good 5.0 setup it will still be useable if you are patient with the tires but with my setup I had to make many compromises for 5.0 to get it to work at all, even the slightest throttle application would set the tires alight or spin me out even on fast sweepers. For me I have done better with 6.0 on some cars by starting over from Loose. Hopefully Abe will get a chance to run this weekend and confirm the low tire pressures for 6.0 or make some suggestions.
Here is my 5th lap.

blinkngone
09-06-2018, 13:17
Hey, I just can't drive Brands Hatch Indy typically, either the FFB is off or something else but the track is just too exhausting and I can barely do laps. Using my Silverstone National setup I finally made a run even though the pressures were not ideal after only 2 laps, the 6.0 patch really helped.
Tire pressures.
Results for me.

HUSARIA
10-06-2018, 02:37
Looking for a mclaren gt3 setup for daytona road course.

blinkngone
10-06-2018, 08:14
Looking for a mclaren gt3 setup for daytona road course.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62627-Setup-Requests-for-Consoles(pictures)-Post-Patch-5-0&p=1517855&viewfull=1#post1517855

big_prenta
11-06-2018, 17:04
Looking for a setup round rapuna Park for Renault R.S. 01 gt3 car

blinkngone
11-06-2018, 17:40
Looking for a setup round rapuna Park for Renault R.S. 01 gt3 car

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?60835-Setup-Requests-for-Consoles(pictures)-Post-Patch-4-0&p=1518376&viewfull=1#post1518376

big_prenta
11-06-2018, 18:54
is there a Ginetta gt3 setup for that same track

blinkngone
11-06-2018, 19:40
is there a Ginetta gt3 setup for that same track

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58129-Setup-Requests-for-Consoles(pictures)-Post-Patch-3-0&p=1518441&viewfull=1#post1518441

GrimeyDog
12-06-2018, 16:51
update ....6.0 tire are working really well... Default Loose Hard tires and all I was able to Beat My GT3 AMG Mecedes and Lambo time on the Glen Short... I got them both into the 1:06.xxx!!! Very suprising the Merc got a faster Lap!!! 1:06.7xx

blinkngone
12-06-2018, 17:01
update ....6.0 tire are working really well... Default Loose Hard tires and all I was able to Beat My GT3 AMG Mecedes and Lambo time on the Glen Short... I got them both into the 1:06.xxx!!! Very suprising the Merc got a faster Lap!!! 1:06.7xx

That really good Grimey! That 1:06.727 is good and the AMG GT3 was BOPD more recently than the Huracan which got it's major BOP in patch 4.0 so, not too surprising you are quicker with it. Congrats!

Have you noticed how many laps it took to get the tires working for your WRs?

big_prenta
12-06-2018, 17:05
Looking for a setup round spa in the Renault R.S. 01 gt3

GrimeyDog
12-06-2018, 17:24
That really good Grimey! That 1:06.727 is good and the AMG GT3 was BOPD more recently than the Huracan which got it's major BOP in patch 4.0 so, not too surprising you are quicker with it. Congrats!

Have you noticed how many laps it took to get the tires working for your WRs?

Thanks Blink:o....Once i get in the rythem I can usually beat it on the 3rd lap a bit when tires are warm and the 5th lap is usually the Hot/Best lap because I'm tuned in to the Hot tires behavior.

blinkngone
12-06-2018, 17:24
Looking for a setup round spa in the Renault R.S. 01 gt3

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?63517-Setup-Requests-for-Consoles(pictures)-Post-Patch-6-0&p=1518815&viewfull=1#post1518815

blinkngone
12-06-2018, 17:25
Once i get in the rythem I can usually beat it on the 3rd lap a bit when tire are warm and the 5th lap is usually the Hot/Best lap because im tuned in to the Hot tires behavior.

Thanks Grimey, that is what I am finding as well, around 5 laps to get the tires going well.

blinkngone
13-06-2018, 09:13

Hi sylekta. Finally someone has a Custom run for the Ferrari at Nurburgring at 1:53.877, that is only +0:00.277 off Suomy's patch 5.0 run. It looks as though the 488 is going to be ok at this track relative to the other GT3s.

sylekta
17-06-2018, 23:38
Hi sylekta. Finally someone has a Custom run for the Ferrari at Nurburgring at 1:53.877, that is only +0:00.277 off Suomy's patch 5.0 run. It looks as though the 488 is going to be ok at this track relative to the other GT3s.

Yeah saw that, proper quick. Unfortunately I cant seem to get anywhere near it can only manage a 55:6 and in an online races low 56s with a 2 lap quali setup, Jake Song was doing 55s with stock setup and 35L of fuel in the audi, might have to start my tune from scratch.

blinkngone
18-06-2018, 01:25
Yeah saw that, proper quick. Unfortunately I cant seem to get anywhere near it can only manage a 55:6 and in an online races low 56s with a 2 lap quali setup, Jake Song was doing 55s with stock setup and 35L of fuel in the audi, might have to start my tune from scratch.

Oh, well I guess it is going to be a real challenge then, kind of what people have been asking for...

I haven't noticed much activity in TT since the patch, the runs seem mixed as well with some cars/tracks showing improvement and others very close or not at all. With most of my cars I have improved. The cars I wasn't very good with before I improved the most. I did better when I started over. Only 1 tuned posted by Kryptic so far, I guess most people are just busy racing.

sylekta
18-06-2018, 02:31
It's strange how some tracks get new records, but others havnt seen any new records since patch1, like Spa, will that ferrari record stand forever cause the patch1 ferarri HP was too OP?
With the two long straights, the high HP and crazy top speed must be have made quite the difference..

blinkngone
18-06-2018, 07:59
It's strange how some tracks get new records, but others havnt seen any new records since patch1, like Spa, will that ferrari record stand forever cause the patch1 ferarri HP was too OP?
With the two long straights, the high HP and crazy top speed must be have made quite the difference..

Yeah Spa looks as though it's unreachable. The better drivers on PC are off pace with the newer patches and if they could have beaten their old launch times I am sure they would have by now. If a slightly slower Ferrari results in more variety in Multiplayer races then it's all good.