PDA

View Full Version : We need a list of the correct Order of Categories/Classes

KANETAKER
04-06-2018, 18:08
Greetings to all.

Due to the imminent arrival of the LeMans DLC, it would be necessary to know the CORRECT ORDER of the different categories of cars available within the game, in order to organize multiclass races in the most fair and balanced way possible, to avoid problems and in certain way ABUSES of the Point System.

I open this thread because apparently the new 2016 LMP1 cars will have their own category, and for now we do not know if that new category "LMP1 2016" will be superior to the category "LMP1" existing within the game. In case of being superior, the problem would be during the first days and weeks after the launch of the new 2016 LMP1 cars, since until most players find the pace and speed with the new cars, they would be easy prey for those players skilled with the old LMP1, having to avoid organizing races online sharing track with both categories of LMP1 cars.

Otherwise, in case both the host on duty and players entering their online race are unaware of this detail,, it would be the perfect occasion for some skilled LMP1 2014 players to get extra points, although that depends on the naivety of the host on duty and those players who nevertheless decide to stay in the race. It has already happened with the case of the Porsche 917/10 Can-Am which in some tracks with long straights (like LeMans) have turned out to be very superior to more modern cars and cataloged within the game in a category superior to the Can-Am, thanks which the fastest players with the 917/10 have managed to get a lot of skill points to compete against cars of Group C, LMP1, LMP2, LMP900 and GTE because the game catalogs the Can-Am as a category very inferior.

In fact, I could verify this detail myself: I once participated in LeMans on board the Porsche 917/10 together with another player who was faster than me with the same car, while the other players were competing with cars LMP900, LMP1 and Group C. Thanks to the huge advantage of the 917/10 in the long straights, I was able to reach 2nd place despite starting the race in last position due to the order of the Categories. Although I did not win the race, I was able to get almost 20 points for having defeated many cars of higher category, despite the difference of license points (I was S1820 and the others were less than S1400).

For now this would be a personal list that I made of the order of categories, although I could be wrong. Also, I only counted the cars that I used most frequently, so there are many categories of cars on that list missing. It would be good to know the official order with which SMS arranged them in the game, in order to configure better balanced races:

Formula X
Formula A
IndyCar
LMP1 2016
LMP1
Group C
LMP900
GT1
LMP2
GTE
GT3
Can-Am

Ofnir4
04-06-2018, 18:15
The pecking order varies from track to track, you would have to make 64 different lists (or each location, not even each layout).

KANETAKER
04-06-2018, 18:19
The pecking order varies from track to track, you would have to make 64 different lists (or each location, not even each layout).

I refer to a list in general, to have a reference. The problem is that in some tracks certain classes of cars are superior to others and vice versa, and that is a big problem.

Ofnir4
04-06-2018, 18:27
I refer to a list in general, to have a reference. The problem is that in some tracks certain classes of cars are superior to others and vice versa, and that is a big problem.

This is exactly what I was saying.:p

For me, personally let's say at LM because you have a lot of ACO classes, LMP2 is faster than GT1 and LMP900 faster than group C.

Stewy32
04-06-2018, 18:46
This is exactly what I was saying.:p

For me, personally let's say at LM because you have a lot of ACO classes, LMP2 is faster than GT1 and LMP900 faster than group C.

With the AI Group C is faster at Le Mans I find.