PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of Le Mans

g.stew
05-06-2018, 04:28
Forgive me if this is old news since I broke my playseat right after trying the patch yesterday and haven't been back on (just came up with a working fix).

The DLC is up on Xbox NA.

Please delete if this is old news.

donkey racer
05-06-2018, 07:50
nothing on ps4 yet :(

Christiaan van Beilen
05-06-2018, 07:58
Well, look at it this way. The trailer hasn't even been uploaded yet on the Project CARS youtube channel itself, nor on any of the Bandai Namco channels by the way. Yet it is on some GTConcept channel? :confused:

This release is a bit unorganized from my point of view. Usually I can understand that there are some trials by Sony/Microsoft before releasing the content but now even the trailer release is a mess it seems. I wonder why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43fnb2edIEw

DozUK
05-06-2018, 08:11
Yes, it is odd. It looks like they've tried to coordinate a same day release for each platform which is good. I imagine the patch was passed through to each party a good while ago (Based on previous releases) to ensure an early June release on each platform (Two probably held back until the last one was approved). I think SMS have learnt from experience that few patch notes means a quicker turnaround as there is not a lot for each party to confirm and test (You can understand why patch 4 with the massive notes took so long to pass). Very strange about the video though being released in this manner, however it looks great

RobertOldgit
Hi

I downloaded the Spirit of Le Mans DLC from Playstore this morning at 01:45. (I know how sad, but keen.)

Just spent 1/2 an hour with it on my PS4. I'm sure someone will start a post about the dlc, so I will add my thoughts when I have had more time to drive the circuit in the various cars.

Now I'm going to make a Martini and watch the replay :)

headder
Well, look at it this way. The trailer hasn't even been uploaded yet on the Project CARS youtube channel itself, nor on any of the Bandai Namco channels by the way. Yet it is on some GTConcept channel? :confused:

This release is a bit unorganized from my point of view. Usually I can understand that there are some trials by Sony/Microsoft before releasing the content but now even the trailer release is a mess it seems. I wonder why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43fnb2edIEw

This trailer is available on PS4 store. Maybe this is the source of the leak?!

amazed
05-06-2018, 08:14
nothing on ps4 yet :(

It was at 05.30 UK time....

The_Senser
05-06-2018, 08:29
I had the DLC about 01:30 on the Xbox but still nothing on the PC when I checked at 07:30 this morning.

dodge33cymru
05-06-2018, 08:43
More than the trailer being available in other places first (this was the same with the Porsche pack I believe), the complete lack of any comms from SMS on this is baffling. No acknowledgement that I'm aware of that the pack is even a thing, despite it being readily available and written as a press release on several sites and already available in game.

Never mind though, it will be here soon and looks immense!

ATSS
05-06-2018, 08:48
Still nothing. 10.45 am CEST // PC Steam

Azure Flare
05-06-2018, 09:17
I think Steam will refresh in about 6 or 7 hours from now. It should be out then.

Daz555
05-06-2018, 09:34
I was able to grab it at about 1am in the UK. Drove the 512S around vintage Le Mans using the default LM setup. It is a tough car to keep in a straight line! Fun though.

donkey racer
05-06-2018, 09:41
got it now :)

TX3 StorM
05-06-2018, 09:50
If possible can you tell me how is the sound of the Toyota TS050 plz ? I have seen some ingame footage and it sounds identical to the TS040 whereas it has a V6 and not a V8.

headder
05-06-2018, 10:13
If possible can you tell me how is the sound of the Toyota TS050 plz ? I have seen some ingame footage and it sounds identical to the TS040 whereas it has a V6 and not a V8.

People say and as far as I noticed in the video from PS4, that the TS050 sounds like TS040 (V8 instead of V6T)...

PS. Anybody has a STEAM DLC link?!

Azure Flare
05-06-2018, 10:17
PS. Anybody has a STEAM DLC link?!

It's probably not going to be on Steam for another 5 or 6 hours.

headder
05-06-2018, 10:28
It's probably not going to be on Steam for another 5 or 6 hours.

Thank you Azure Flare for the info.

breyzipp
05-06-2018, 10:41
For once XBox/Microsoft is ahead of PC/Steam then, since I downloaded the DLC about 12 hours ago on my X1X. :)

Yes pun intended for all PC players. ;)

Yes I like to rub it in. :p

VelvetTorpedo
05-06-2018, 10:49
I'm happy the Xbox guys got it first. As a former pc1 Xbox gamer I know their pain all too well, it's the main reason I switched to pc haha.

RoccoTTS
05-06-2018, 10:59
For once XBox/Microsoft is ahead of PC/Steam then, since I downloaded the DLC about 12 hours ago on my X1X. :)

Yes pun intended for all PC players. ;)

Yes I like to rub it in. :p

You console guys deserve it to be the first to have the dlc ;)

Tank621
05-06-2018, 11:13
I have it on both Xbox and PC so I don't mind which comes first :rolleyes:

glm3141
05-06-2018, 11:14
are the 2016 LMPs a different category?

Bealdor
05-06-2018, 11:20
are the 2016 LMPs a different category?

Yes.

kaneda06
05-06-2018, 11:34
Not yet on steam......
Hard waiting..... :(

cluck
05-06-2018, 11:58
Not yet on steam......
Hard waiting..... :(I'm also hard waiting

(I appreciate that's probably pushing the boundaries of acceptability!)

TorTorden
05-06-2018, 12:08
I'm in a tripple waiting hell.

Waiting for a new camera lens I bought, hoping I wasn't scammed out of €600.
Waiting for a new flight stick. A Virpil Mongoose t-50..

Waiting for le-mans legends, at least that will hit soon :)

RoccoTTS
05-06-2018, 12:11
About 'spirit of Le Mans' and 'waiting'.............11d 00h 48m 20s to go.........

TX3 StorM
05-06-2018, 12:13
Greatest event in motorsport with the Indy 500. The Monaco GP is obviously an incredible event but the battle on track is clearly a negative point, especially with the latest F1.

bytecruncher26
05-06-2018, 12:14
And now we have an Spirit of Le Mans Hype Train startet :cool:

TX3 StorM
05-06-2018, 12:16
Yeah ! :D
Who do you guys want to win ? I would like Toyota because of the lack of luck but the problem is they don't really have any opponent... so I don't really know what to think. lol

ELAhrairah
05-06-2018, 12:24
Who do you guys want to win ? I would like Toyota because of the lack of luck but the problem is they don't really have any opponent... so I don't really know what to think. lol
They have. BoP changes will give other lmp1's a real fighting chance. During the test last weekend a Rebellion was 2nd fastest, beating 1 Toyota.

headder
05-06-2018, 12:32

Little bit offtopic, however I can't agree with you.
Rebellions were kinda on par with Toyota during the test day. And the SMP Racing LMP's were not far behind.

APR193
05-06-2018, 12:33
They have. BoP changes will give other lmp1's a real fighting chance. During the test last weekend a Rebellion was 2nd fastest, beating 1 Toyota.

And the Rebellion will be pegged back before Le Mans. Toyota have been promised a speed advantage by the FIA, they just have to not break and they've already won

RoccoTTS
05-06-2018, 12:41
And the Rebellion will be pegged back before Le Mans. Toyota have been promised a speed advantage by the FIA, they just have to not break and they've already won

Indeed, it's sad to say, but money wins again. Toyota just bought the Le Mans victory, and that's why i hope they gonna loose.

I'm more interested in the GTE battle.

Raklodder
05-06-2018, 12:50
I mean the 919 Hybrids are out, so the only LMP1 team I can support is Rebellion Racing and then obviously the Porsche GTE teams.

TX3 StorM
05-06-2018, 13:00
The thing is these are only tests, so neither Toyota nor Rebellion showed their real pace, but I think Toyota has the edge.

iPlay
05-06-2018, 13:02
Indeed, it's sad to say, but money wins again. Toyota just bought the Le Mans victory, and that's why i hope they gonna loose.

Oh yeah, sure ... LMP1 is the pinacle of sportscar racing, why would a team that invest 150M€/year since probably 2011/2010 and developpe during this time one of the best hybrid system and the car that have been the fastest around this track wouldn't be the favorite? EOT is one of the greatest opportunity for privater to actually win le mans. They don't developpe the chassis, they don't developpe the engine and they have a shot at wining the greatest race on the calendar. Sure they are going to be slower than one of the best team in this past decade, but that's someting to excpect. For the loss of "top" competition blame VAG that for cheating their emissions results, not really Toyota fault, for giving a shot at privater to win le mans you can thanks Toyota to actually give a damn and share their true performance with the FIA. And just to remind you of something, the EOT work in a way that with developpement of the car and reliability privaters CAN win le mans, you don't really win on your first year even if you are Audi or Porsche, so why would they give so much to Rebellion and BR??? At the end of the day it's still a 2 v 5 against Toyota.

ELAhrairah
05-06-2018, 13:07
To win Le Mans first you have to finish. And that is the most difficult part.
So guys let's put the pro or contra talks on a hold.
We all love the sport and whoever wins it, wins it.
Not to talk down on F1 fans but many of the so called F1 fans have destroyed any discussion about the sport with hooliganism, arguing, yelling, name calling. No respect whatsoever.

Edit: yeah sure feel free to give your opinion but
Toyota is a great team. I am not a fan but I do respect their effort. They could easily have left WEC but they decided to stay. To save the class and to make sure they get their one Le Mans win they really deserve, after losing the win in the last lap.

Le mans is more than only winning from the next garage. Maybe winning against yourself is even more important.

PostBox981
05-06-2018, 13:12
Not to talk down on F1 fans but many of the so called F1 fans have destroyed any discussion about the sport with hooliganism, arguing, yelling, name calling. No respect whatsoever.

:confused::confused::confused:

EDIT: Where did the bold part come from? It wasn´t there when I quoted...
EDIT2: My ??? referred to the "hooliganism" thing.

ELAhrairah
05-06-2018, 13:17
:confused::confused::confused:

EDIT: Where did the bold part come from? It wasn´t there when I quoted...
EDIT2: My ??? referred to the "hooliganism" thing.

I just don't want it to go down that route. Not refering to you.

rich1e I
05-06-2018, 13:19
Toyota hasn't been promised anything and their win is not sure at all. The EoT is there to ensure fair competition. They've collected enough data at Spa and after the test weekend at Le Mans the ACO surely isn't done yet with further EoT measures. It's going to be close, some of the NH prototypes are driven by absolute champions.

Edit: I do hope Toyota wins though because of their more than bad luck the past years!

BrainsBush
05-06-2018, 13:46
Completely off topic, but I know we all love LeMans and classic cars. This morning my son and I visited the Louwman Museum in The Hague (https://www.louwmanmuseum.nl/?sc_lang=en).

Best way to prepare for the upcoming LeMans DLC. Enjoy!

Tank621
05-06-2018, 14:03
I made a thread for real life car photos a while back, feel free to post some more here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51042-Share-Your-Photos-of-cars-you-spotted/page12

Eric Rowland
05-06-2018, 14:47

Remember Toyota have been coming to LeMans since the mid-80s, and the Japanese are big on this race.....
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/30/06/db/3006db0652ee8ab80de82bb326714be9.jpg

Mark Race
05-06-2018, 15:04
From a quick go with the new hybrid cars on the Le Mans Vintage circiut on Xbox X I'm impressed with this pack. Best things I've noticed so far:

+ Car handling is good on all the 2016 cars out of the box.

+ Manual ERS deployment is an excellent addition and the regeneration under braking is intuitive too.

+ At first drive they appear to be well balanced in terms of performance.

A great start along with the Patch 6 improvements in tyre temperature and consistency of feedback.

Can't wait to try this in VR when it arrives on Steam later!

Francisnf
05-06-2018, 15:41
Looking forward to trying the cars out later, although not too fussed about the track, but hey, its better than nothing.

breyzipp
05-06-2018, 15:48
I'm also hard waiting

(I appreciate that's probably pushing the boundaries of acceptability!)

:P :P :P

thomasjohansen
05-06-2018, 15:49
now available on PC steam in Denmark ;-)

breyzipp
05-06-2018, 15:49
Greatest event in motorsport with the Indy 500. The Monaco GP is obviously an incredible event but the battle on track is clearly a negative point, especially with the latest F1.

Indy 500 leaves most Europeans stone cold. But Le Mans gets the Americans warm for the event as well.

So Le Mans > Indy 500. ;)

Agree with your point on Monaco though, its nice for the prestige and all and there can be a lot of spectacle but... certainly not my preferred track to watch a good race.

bjeronimo
05-06-2018, 15:53
Available on PC steam in Portugal

Matt York
05-06-2018, 15:53
3 videos of a single hot lap from each other the 3 2016 LMP1 Hybrids:

https://youtu.be/biQHncEWoBQ

https://youtu.be/FphBQqqZRQ0

https://youtu.be/AwS9HWJQDY0

rosko
05-06-2018, 15:54
UK too although i didn't see an update on steam or is it just enabled?

breyzipp
05-06-2018, 15:54

Wow, that is nice! I watched the summary of the Spa 6h WEC and Toyota was way ahead of the rest. Never thought their LMP-H would get BoP'ed with the regular LMP but it's good for the spectacle. But I'm sure that Toyota will choose reliability over performance now that Porsche is gone, so during the actual race they can probably grab that choice lever and push it a bit more towards performance if needed. :)

If Toyota doesn't win this year, they don't deserve to win anymore IMO. :) Having that said, I sure hope for a thrilling fight in LMP1.

Stone Cold Stig
05-06-2018, 16:01
Fantastic.:cool:

Just finished my first race at le man 71.
Used vintage prototypes a & b.

Didn't win, but who cares! It was awesome!
The replay was so incredible to look at!

I'll be recording and maybe do a little editing today as well as these replays look amazing.

Cant wait to see what my replays of classic le man look like in 4k!

Nice Job sms!!

And the current patch is the icing on the cake.

Its nice to see the original xb1 version get better and better and i can safely say,
the xb1 version is pretty to look at now. Its smoother, night racing has improved,large grid sizes
are a go and so on. Thanks guys, im glad i bought the season pass!

Now its time for more racing which means more replays to record and edit!

Have Fun Guys.:D

BrainsBush
05-06-2018, 16:03
That trailer in 4K....This is even better then the "Debby does ...."-series. Great job!!

breyzipp
05-06-2018, 16:17
3 videos of a single hot lap from each other the 3 2016 LMP1 Hybrids:

https://youtu.be/biQHncEWoBQ

https://youtu.be/FphBQqqZRQ0

https://youtu.be/AwS9HWJQDY0

I'm not the typical car sound guru of these forums but I found that Audi sound very weird, not how I remember my high pitch hybrid sound of LMP1-H cars while watching Le Mans for many years. I looked up on on-board Audi R18 video for the sound and it indeed sounds way different than I expected. :P And to be honest, the sound in the game is quite representative for it IMO, so here is a positive note on the sound of one of the cars. :)

I found a clip with that high pitch hybrid sound I mean, from a 2016 Porsche 919 Hybrid at Le Mans:
(especially from 0:07 until 0:26 in the video you hear it loud and clear under braking and accelerating through slow corners)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erRXptNnQQ4

Now that hybrid sound is also present in the Porsche clip from your 1 lap, it only seems to have a much lower volume than the real car. Could that hybrid sound be increased a bit in volume so that it's even louder than the engine itself, as it is with the real car under braking.

As for as the combustion part of the engine sound goes, I think you guys did a fine job comparing the sound of these 2 Porsches (your 1 lap and my video above). But the hybrid part of the sound should be louder.

Below is the 2016 Porsche in Assetto Corsa, I think they do the combustion part of the sound worse (too "heavy" and loud), but they got that hybrid part of the sound better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTr7OKK1aNE

edit - in no way or form do I hope this sounds negative in any way though, I absolutely love this DLC. Finally we get "the big three" in the LMP-H department in PC2, and even from the last year they all 3 battled it out on Le Mans (2016). The historical track looks absolutely great! The 512 M, 512 S and 917 LH make great companions for the 917K to be used on that track. I really love to see the 924 Carrera GTP as well, especially in the group 4 class so our old beloved M1 Procar has a buddie to play with. :) I know people can whine and complain but remember that's just the nature of the beast. If people are happy about something, you usually don't hear them, but if they don't like something they come out to talk about it or complain. :) It's obvious a lot of hard work has gotten into this track and these special cars, which are all no doubt a bit more complex to model in a game than your typical MX-5 or GT86 down the street. So I appreciate the effort that's gotten into this DLC! Kudos to the dev team!

CastrolGT
05-06-2018, 17:02
the porsche has the main sound of the RWD LMP1 but pitched down. I hope that those sounds will be fixed in a future patch for both 919 and the TS050(V8 sound in a V6TT… wut?)

dodge33cymru
05-06-2018, 17:18
For those of us stuck at work, would anyone be kind enough to post some pics of the livery selection screen for the classics please?

FxUK
05-06-2018, 17:29
For those of us stuck at work, would anyone be kind enough to post some pics of the livery selection screen for the classics please?

https://i.imgur.com/Qcpp6mx.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/V0su4Aj.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6RTkxdl.jpg

Sorry, took them in oculus mode, so not the best... and now food is calling so... :)

BrainsBush
05-06-2018, 17:30

the hybrids are the well known liveries.

BrainsBush
05-06-2018, 17:41
For those on PC with VR. You have to try the Ferrari 512 and then look through your mirror. It's in the details. So great!

dodge33cymru
05-06-2018, 17:42
@BrainsBush and @FxUK - thanks guys!

Gav88888
05-06-2018, 18:19
I just watched th trailer, it looks awesome, really realistic as well. Are they in game shots?

TorTorden
05-06-2018, 18:31
For those on PC with VR. You have to try the Ferrari 512 and then look through your mirror. It's in the details. So great!

I shall do so after dinner ;)

BrainsBush
05-06-2018, 18:32
Thanks SMS & friends!

Imagine me sitting in my rig with a NLRv3 under my b*tt, an Oculus goggles on my nose and a Sennheiser headphone on my ears. Grap that wheel with my left hand and the H shifter with my right hand. And then this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBa2rBxFRHE

Mission accomplished! Job well done

TorTorden
05-06-2018, 18:36
I don't usually like the Ferrari's.

But I think I just fell in love.

TX3 StorM
05-06-2018, 19:18
These LMP1 cars :D
So great to drive !
The Toyota is incredible, so is the Audi.
I'm in love, if SMS correct the sounds of the cars it's the perfect DLC.

Hugo Catarino
05-06-2018, 19:23
Thanks SMS & friends!

Imagine me sitting in my rig with a NLRv3 under my b*tt, an Oculus goggles on my nose and a Sennheiser headphone on my ears. Grap that wheel with my left hand and the H shifter with my right hand. And then this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBa2rBxFRHE

Mission accomplished! Job well done

Hey @Brainsbush!Remember all the trouble on AC forum when the 512m lost the poll (i was a big part of it :D ) well,it was well worth the wait...the 512s and 512m vs the 917k and 917Lh with dynamic wheater/day night transition on the classic la sarthe is much better than i could hope for! ;)

m355y
05-06-2018, 19:23
This is brilliant DLC. Absolutely brilliant. And you know what's the best thing? These LMPs are in their own class. Bye bye fields full of Mareks with the odd TS040 popping up occasionally. Hello, proper WEC style Porsche v Toyota v Audi battles ahead of the LMP2s and GTEs. Finally, in a Project CARS game you can set up a realistic multi class grid. Thank you.

The historic Le Mans is nice too. I haven't even looked at the other cars yet. I'm looking forward to getting the chance, but my wife wants me to watch the TV with her. Sometimes I wish I had a shed.

Stewy32
05-06-2018, 19:33
What I love is that their are 8 LMP1-Hs,as my fear was in multiclass we would end up with repeated liveries.Audi have the numerical advantage,and as I predicted the Fuji version is the Sakhir version(different livery).

BrainsBush
05-06-2018, 19:43
Hey @Brainsbush!Remember all the trouble on AC forum when the 512m lost the poll (i was a big part of it :D ) well,it was well worth the wait...the 512s and 512m vs the 917k and 917Lh with dynamic wheater/day night transition on the classic la sarthe is much better than i could hope for! ;)

Hugo at our age that is just too much...I had to take a brake. And still have to test the modern era cars. And do some hotlaps at our weekly AC WHC. I work from home tomorrow :p
Grtz, Brian

Mark Race
05-06-2018, 19:57
Loving this DLC especially in Oculus Rift VR, the 917LH has some serious straight line speed on the Le mans Vintage circuit. This is the start and first 2 laps of a race vs the AI at 100% and 90% aggression and the speed of the 917LH with the stable setup and 1-2 low downforce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acAEl0PS1XM

The DLC is also great on Xbox but the VR implementation and performance in Project CARS 2 is simply amazing, the best VR racing game and for me the best VR game of them all.

The modern hybrid cars are fun too, especially for the sense of speed and grip, but the seat of the pants driving in these classic cars is just that bit more thrilling.

RobertOldgit
05-06-2018, 20:49
I have been so looking forward to “Spirit of Le Mans” DLC, and I have not been disappointed, well maybe a few frowns here and there. As my nickname suggest I aint no youngster. As a teenager I went to the cinema to see the film Bullitt and later Le Mans starring Steve McQueen, and I have been hooked on cars and motor racing ever since.

So being a person who today no longer works I have had one fun day indeed, I have bashed around Classic Le Mans in all those amazing cars. The Porsche 917’s and Ferrari 512’s and the “B” class racers of the day. The Porsche 908/03, just loves this place, it’s just so nimble and agile and a great car to learn the circuit in.

It is the old Le Mans that I wanted to get into and yes SMS has done a great job with the circuit and the cars. That is until you make a pit stop…… How did I suddenly drive from 1969 into 2018. Was I driving a DeLorian? Really!

PC2 has a number of historic circuits so whoever the person/persons are who are responsible for the pit crew animation needs to re-skin them to the period for added realism on the historic tracks, all the animated characters wear the same gear so it would not be that hard or time consuming. Maybe a future patch 

And finally, look up this song by The Kinks

Lola…… I want to drive a Lola, so were is my Lola da da dada………..Lola I want to drive a Lola I want to drive a Lola…….

That’s a Lola T70 mk3. They raced at Le Mans and elsewhere.

gregc
05-06-2018, 20:52
I have been so looking forward to “Spirit of Le Mans” DLC, and I have not been disappointed, well maybe a few frowns here and there. As my nickname suggest I aint no youngster. As a teenager I went to the cinema to see the film Bullitt and later Le Mans starring Steve McQueen, and I have been hooked on cars and motor racing ever since.

So being a person who today no longer works I have had one fun day indeed, I have bashed around Classic Le Mans in all those amazing cars. The Porsche 917’s and Ferrari 512’s and the “B” class racers of the day. The Porsche 908/03, just loves this place, it’s just so nimble and agile and a great car to learn the circuit in.

It is the old Le Mans that I wanted to get into and yes SMS has done a great job with the circuit and the cars. That is until you make a pit stop…… How did I suddenly drive from 1969 into 2018. Was I driving a DeLorian? Really!

PC2 has a number of historic circuits so whoever the person/persons are who are responsible for the pit crew animation needs to re-skin them to the period for added realism on the historic tracks, all the animated characters wear the same gear so it would not be that hard or time consuming. Maybe a future patch 

And finally, look up this song by The Kinks

Lola…… I want to drive a Lola, so were is my Lola da da dada………..Lola I want to drive a Lola I want to drive a Lola…….

That’s a Lola T70 mk3. They raced at Le Mans and elsewhere.

Licensing. La la la la licensing....

ELAhrairah
05-06-2018, 20:53
All I can say to this DLC, the Le Mans vintage circuit and the Ferrari's especially, is:

watch out for this great little fella!

Sentry87
05-06-2018, 21:08
What I love is that their are 8 LMP1-Hs,as my fear was in multiclass we would end up with repeated liveries.Audi have the numerical advantage,and as I predicted the Fuji version is the Sakhir version(different livery).

That's awesome, I also feared that as well. Great oversight to get a realistic WEC field

SlowBloke
05-06-2018, 21:33
So Ive been so so happy with the new LMP1s - its what Ive really been looking forward to in the DLCs planned and did not disappoint !

I know there are some valid criticisms (ie sound / lack of proper KERS track maps) but those aside Ive really enjoyed all 3 so far...

Gonna have to get used to the FFB changes on hitting the KERS but thats fine :)

Its what Ive been looking forward to the most out of all the DLCs - getting a close to modern WEC grid loaded up with Custom grid tool is just so cool... (please please allow us to select the cars / liveries we want)....

The FFB, handling and gfx did not only not disappoint ... they exceeded my expectations - thank you !

So Happy bunny....then I loaded up my first try of Le Mans classic with the 512M.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !!!!

Are you kidding me ?!?!?!?!

Im laughing the whole frikking lap........

This is so so so so SO good!!!!!

I didnt think I would care about the track because.. meh going straight 80% of the lap.... but jebus....the track is fantastic !!! Rouen on steroids.... beautiful track road detail texture (something missing on fair few tracks ie Ruapuna) and just the best atmosphere... SMS Please understand the road side advertising are really important.... not having Project Cars 2 / SMS billboards all over the place adds so much to the experience!

So now Im thinking Im close to heaven.... but.. then I start to realise just how great the car is...... so predictable.. FFB is SUBLIME.... So a little kink in a straight... no probs right... nope... 5 times I screwed up Mulsanne kink in a row.... and Ive only touched some of the cars....

SMS - Thank you for this brilliant DLC :)

rosko
05-06-2018, 21:45
Had a very quick blast in some of the older cars, very nice. Ferrari 512S my favorite didn't get chance with the 512m. So lucky to get both versions same with the 917.
959 ffb feels odd to me a bit like the road car. Will give the lmps a go tomorrow but we have a very strong line up of cars altogether & still the ferrari pack to come. Lemans classic is good I'm not a huge lemans freak but its very nice to have more classic tracks.
I'm glad they added a few less obvious cars in there like the 924 & 959 you can tell who ever chooses the cars is a petrol head not just a motor racing fan.

Tank621
05-06-2018, 22:08
I found the 961 very tough to drive, maybe a setup issue (or the AWD) but I found that it had massive understeer on throttle, especially on exit and has alot of oversteer on the brakes

Felt like I was driving in the complete opposite way to what I'm used to: heavily trail braking in order to get the car to rotate and only using the power very late on exit once I'm sure the car isn't going to drive staright ahead towards a wall. I'm used to steering cars through corners with throttle input but with the 961 I feel like I have to use the brake to get the same affect as simply lifting off the throttle doesn't seem to help turn in at all

Any tips on setup or the driving style for this car?

mister dog
05-06-2018, 22:55
Great pack, shame it's a Tuesday and I'm already lacking sleep. Just did a one hour practice session with 31 Vintage Grp A en B's during sunset and early night. Spirit of Le Mans indeed :yes:

Scuderia Paul
05-06-2018, 23:05
Had a decent run with each car this evening. I used the LMP1-H cars at the current Circuit de la Sarthe and the others at Classic.

The Le Mans Classic circuit is great fun and a superb addition to PCars2. Driving at night felt very atmospheric and involving and tomorrow I will try rain. The vintage cars were a real treat there and sometimes a handful. Great sound too.

The LMP1-H cars are quite disappointing though which is a shame as they were my most anticipated. The poor sound of them is obvious at this stage too. For such cars I will stick to GTS and Assetto Corsa going forward.

poirqc
06-06-2018, 00:47
Ferrari 512 are awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome!

Did i say awesome?

The loose setup is just a joy to drive!

Thanks SMS!

morpwr
06-06-2018, 01:36
Ferrari 512 are awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome!

Did i say awesome?

The loose setup is just a joy to drive!

Thanks SMS!

Even when you don't know the track and perform the slide for life because you didn't know that slow corner was coming.:D Loving this DLC and I really wasn't excited about it at all.

Smoked_Cheddar
06-06-2018, 03:47
Wow!

I finally just did some runs with some of the cars and WOW!

I decided before hitting le mans itself I'd take some of the cars to a track I know first. Watkins Glen. (anyone who league races with me understands I'd do this) All three of the LMP1-H cars are loads of fun to drive. They aren't as squirrelly as their 2014 counterparts, but have a lot hiding. I took the Fiji audi, Porsche and Toyota around, I think i can get alot more out of them, but that is the fun part. The Audi was pretty quiet, which I expected, but the fastest of the three, however they were all within half of a second of each other. I'm sure that will change soon, the times will drop, they did my best time with the TS040 too.

Then I went to Watkins Glen short for the 1971 vintage cars because that is closer to the track they raced that year, the boot was not finished yet.

I've actually played these cars in a mod for Nascar Heat, well the 512 M and the 917K. They're just like I remember, you cannot turn while under full throttle, the Ferrari is better than expected, and 917K is also a lot of fun. The 917LH and 512S were also a lot of fun, and a lot to handle, but that was expected.

Next I went to Le Mans for the LMP1-H, lets just say I have a lot of work to do before I get any good at le mans, I won't say my times, but they were VERY pedestrian, with the Audi R18 Le Mans topping the list. I will continue to work on it as well. I ran them with full tank because I just wanted to see how it would handle. I did try one lap of TT before finishing up for the night, and I was going to beat my 2014 TS040 time, but I crashed right before the finish line, that meant it was time to call it a night.

I did try the vintage le mans with the 917K and the 512M, but I couldn't complete a lap yet. I will try again soon.

These cars are so much fun, and I have a lot of work to do get them better. The manual deployment is fun, and driving the vintage cars are a joy. I haven't gotten to the other two porsche's yet, but I will try to get there at some point soon.

Thank you SMS!

Trux74
06-06-2018, 03:58
Everyone having fun with the DLC and I’ve been working so much..:frown-new: still another 6 hours to go of this current 13 hour shift before I can finally have a proper go. It’s great to see the mainly positive comments and videos though.

Cladandadum
06-06-2018, 07:05
Everyone having fun with the DLC and I’ve been working so much..:frown-new: still another 6 hours to go of this current 13 hour shift before I can finally have a proper go. It’s great to see the mainly positive comments and videos though.

It's well worth the wait. The vintage cars, a full grid on an iconic track, absolutely incredible. Hope you enjoy it.

BrainsBush
06-06-2018, 07:30
I found the 961 very tough to drive, maybe a setup issue (or the AWD) but I found that it had massive understeer on throttle, especially on exit and has alot of oversteer on the brakes

Felt like I was driving in the complete opposite way to what I'm used to: heavily trail braking in order to get the car to rotate and only using the power very late on exit once I'm sure the car isn't going to drive staright ahead towards a wall. I'm used to steering cars through corners with throttle input but with the 961 I feel like I have to use the brake to get the same affect as simply lifting off the throttle doesn't seem to help turn in at all

Any tips on setup or the driving style for this car?

Haven't tried the 961 yet. Shame on me. Will give it a go. With regards to setup I'm afraid I cannot help you. I'm just a driver not an engineer ;) Therefor I lurk the leaderboard setups from other drivers.

dodge33cymru
06-06-2018, 07:51
The track, the 512 and 917 are superb, thanks so much. I can be very picky about some details and choices, but just had an hour racing at Le Mans '71 with VPA and VGTA and a huge smile so I can't ask for more.

samanthrace
06-06-2018, 08:35
I'm wondering why they don't ad the Mazda 787B, Peugeot 908, the alpine A470, the mercedes 300 SL, the Lotus Elite and XV, the ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta, and also, the old racetracks, as they have done for Spa

Invincible
06-06-2018, 08:47
I'm wondering why they don't ad the Mazda 787B, Peugeot 908, the alpine A470, the mercedes 300 SL, the Lotus Elite and XV, the ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta, and also, the old racetracks, as they have done for Spa

Well, most likely because the licenses for cars and tracks don't come free?! Old racetracks for example have to be licensed separately too and for some it is nearly impossible to find good references.

RoccoTTS
06-06-2018, 08:58

I can make a list of 100 tracks and 500 cars with the question why they don't ad them. The answer is always the same, limited amount of time, money and licensing problems.

Gix916
06-06-2018, 09:04
The AI seemed a bit dumb on this track. In practice for a multi class race I saw faster cars stuck behind slower ones down the long straight when they should have just breezed past. And in other parts of the track the AI are driving in the middle of the road so it's tricky for faster cars to get past (AI or player). I was also rammed a couple of times by faster class AI when there was plenty of room to pass. This was on 100/100 using GTO/Vintage proto A/Group A.
Maybe they just needed more practice, but it didn't inspire me with enough confidence to bother progressing to the race.

balderz002
06-06-2018, 09:22
Loving the addition of the LM spec default tuning option (along with stable and loose).

Just found it when taking the 365 GTB/4 round vintage LM.

Is it a new thing, or was it there before?

Goresh
06-06-2018, 09:36
Just wondering when we can expect to see this in Playstation Store in Canada?? It's nice to see everyone enjoying it, I just wish I could be doing the same!!

Atak Kat
06-06-2018, 09:46
It is there. I have it last night with canada psn account.

Tank621
06-06-2018, 09:48
Loving the addition of the LM spec default tuning option (along with stable and loose).

Wait how many cars is that on? I didn't even notice it was there

wicken
06-06-2018, 09:54
Just wondering when we can expect to see this in Playstation Store in Canada?? It's nice to see everyone enjoying it, I just wish I could be doing the same!!
It's already there.
https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/product/UP0700-CUSA06569_00-PCARS2LEMANSPACK

Goresh
06-06-2018, 10:05
That is really odd, if I do a search for Project Cars 2 and the look in the Add on section it's not there. If I search for Spirit of Lemans it comes back cannot be found. The link above works though, thanks.

dodge33cymru
06-06-2018, 10:08
The AI seemed a bit dumb on this track. In practice for a multi class race I saw faster cars stuck behind slower ones down the long straight when they should have just breezed past. And in other parts of the track the AI are driving in the middle of the road so it's tricky for faster cars to get past (AI or player).

I will echo this too; it's my only minor gripe with the circuit.

BrainsBush
06-06-2018, 10:11
@Tank621 The Porsche 961 is indeed a challenging car. But after a couple of laps you get used to it and then it is easier to anticipate corners exit etc.
I used the default LM setup and captured a two lap race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puCdg8RGdqI

Goresh
06-06-2018, 10:12

As you can see it only shows 5 add ons.

Tank621
06-06-2018, 10:14
I only tried it in the invitational which is GTO at COTA, a track I am not a huge fan of, guess I'll try Le Mans today

samanthrace
06-06-2018, 10:26
they should have the licence for each car ? i'was pretty sure that but the licence works for the entire brand, but, it's quiet logic also to have a license for each car... For the old layouts for Le Mans Racetracks, the museum has lot of documentations and references of the differents improvments and modifications of the track... this is a licence issue, even if the modification is only for one curve or anything else ?

Bealdor
06-06-2018, 10:27
they should have the licence for each car ? i'was pretty sure that but the licence works for the entire brand, but, it's quiet logic also to have a license for each car...

No you don't unfortunately.

Tank621
06-06-2018, 10:39
Liscenses as I understand them only work for the cars agreed upon by the manufacturer, nothing more

Invincible
06-06-2018, 10:39
this is a licence issue, even if the modification is only for one curve or anything else ?

Unfortunately, yes.

Gregz0r
06-06-2018, 10:42
The Group C cars on the vintage LM track aren’t at quick as they should be.
I usually run with around 85-90 A.I skill and 90-100 aggression, but I hade to crank both up to maximum(120 skill & 100 agg), just to get a half decent race.

Plato99
06-06-2018, 16:04

You're kidding me? I've spent hours trying to get that 512S to stop shaking it's ass when I lift off the throttle!!!

Raklodder
07-06-2018, 13:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDAR-YOChMM

A big shoutout to @AbeWoz (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62516-Porsche-911-RSR-2017-GTE-Custom-paints-here-(NO-CHAT!)&p=1515848&viewfull=1#post1515848) for making those liveries come to life!

KANETAKER
07-06-2018, 13:55
they should have the licence for each car ? i'was pretty sure that but the licence works for the entire brand, but, it's quiet logic also to have a license for each car...
The truth is I'm not sure how it is that the racing video game developers handle this issue of licensing. In some cases it seems that the license covers the permission to dispose of all cars of the brand, while in other cases it seems that in addition to paying for the license of the brand also has to be paid individually for each car model that the developer want to implement in your video game. And in both cases there may be problems with exclusivity contracts for either a brand (the one Porsche had until a couple of years ago) or for some car models (such as the Ferrari and McLaren F1 cars). In addition to the cost factor of the respective licenses.

This can explain things such as: That SMS despite having the Ferrari and McLaren licenses can't have the F1 car models that both manufacturers has developed in their history. Same case with some tracks (such as F1 tracks as example).

This type of inconveniences are understandable, that is, cost and exclusivity problems; unlike what was discussed in another thread of possible personal preferences (ejem... not include Sebrings because someone don't like that track).

John Hargreaves
07-06-2018, 15:54
Just imagine Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends on the PC2 physics/weather/livetrack engine. That game had some amazing tracks - Spa 1981 was one of my favourites - and a car roster to die for. Unless you don't like Ferraris.

MajorPain
07-06-2018, 16:12
Nothing on xbox 1 too ,only the publish.

mister dog
07-06-2018, 22:30
I think this is probably my favorite DLC pack ever, that 1971 version of LM is fantastic and being able to have a race there in the machines of the time, with the atmosphere of the circuit perfectly recreated = great experience.

One thing though, I saw that the trees at Tertre Rouge are improved in the Vintage version of LM, can you please copy paste those same trees to the current day Tertre Rouge? The ones we've had since release there are just too thin and don't look genuine for that spot.

Azure Flare
08-06-2018, 09:10
You know what the best part about the new LMP1 cars is? If you're doing a standing start like I did earlier because I forgot to change it to a rolling start, you can just launch off the line like a drag car.

OddTimer
08-06-2018, 09:28
This DLC is being praised everywhere. Well done SMS! =]

Wolfzz
08-06-2018, 13:02
Yes agree well done SMS

Andre.V
08-06-2018, 20:04
All I can say, thank you, thank you, thank you SMS. This track is just too much fun. My Lotus 49 on this track is totally crazy. This is now my new favorite track of all time. I'll drive lot and lot kilometers on this one. It surpass SPA historic which was my favorite one.

So nice too see BP, Shel, Esso logos along the track. That make even appealing.

Andre

David Wright
08-06-2018, 20:41
This DLC is being praised everywhere. Well done SMS! =]

Yes - even YouTubers who are not big PC2 fans have put up positive reviews.

And the impact on the players has been pretty big so far with peak player numbers on steam up 65% on a week ago. The special offer on steam is a good move too and should bring in some new players.

poirqc
09-06-2018, 00:58
pCars 2is #$%?# amazing.

That is all.

Shogun613
09-06-2018, 01:37
The DLC is fantastic. It'll be even more fantastic when my family all go to bed so I can finally get back behind my wheel and hit the track!👍

specialkone
09-06-2018, 19:22
I’m going to take some credit for the Spirit of Lemans DLC. Here’s what I think happened. The SMS team looked at some of my you tube videos and based on my (lack of) driving skills decided to have a meeting. Ian Bell said specialkone has 200 hours of game play in and watched all Yorkie’s videos. Yes he’s having fun but he’s also working hard at trying to improve his driving skills. Based on his current “abilities” and to make it a bit less painful to watch his videos let’s throw him a bone. I suggest a track with long straights and corners where you almost need to come to a full stop to take them. He will do well in that environment. Thoughts?

And the entire savvy SMS team screamed give him the Lemans vintage track. Yep, having the best time beating the default AI already.

You’re welcome.:)

ATSS
09-06-2018, 20:12
You know what the best part about the new LMP1 cars is? If you're doing a standing start like I did earlier because I forgot to change it to a rolling start, you can just launch off the line like a drag car.

Yup. Even better online, people can't ram you. :D

ELAhrairah
09-06-2018, 21:37
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reIb2-xbK7E&t=607s

I agree

specialkone
09-06-2018, 22:39
Taking a note from Alicia:

This SMS team IS ON FIRE!

Cholton82
10-06-2018, 14:52
Can the Le Man Events be saved and continued after each session just like in your regular career races ?

Jezza819
11-06-2018, 12:41
So nice too see BP, Shel, Esso logos along the track. That make even appealing.

Andre

I was with Chrysler from 1978 to 2006 and I had completely forgot that they were associated with the name Simca for a few years until I saw that grandstand right near the finish line with the Pentastar on top of it.

I ran the 1967 cars there for the first time over the weekend and that is a ton of fun too. Both the Ford Mark IV and the Ferrari feel more planted there than the '71 cars do.

Stewy32
11-06-2018, 20:24
For some reason I am really enjoying running the 2016 LMP1-Hs at the Vintage Track more than anything else using the DLC pack content.Anyone else agree?

mister dog
16-06-2018, 00:02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mM1Ms0vqjc