PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans Experience Glitch

LM24z
05-06-2018, 23:15
Today I thought Iíd try out the Le Mans Experience DLC race before work. I scaled the time down to 24 minutes, and during the race the day-night-day cycled numerous times in the 24 minutes. I tried the race again and scaled the time to an hour, and it did the same thing again. The day-night-day cycles numerous times through the race about every 10 minutes. Is this a known issue? I havenít seen anyone else report it. Other than that, awesome DLC.

Sentry87
06-06-2018, 00:01
What's your time progression at?

LM24z
06-06-2018, 05:24
It should be synced to race in career. I don’t see an option for it in the invitational events.

Bealdor
06-06-2018, 06:08
Reported.

wicken
06-06-2018, 08:44
If we are talking about the invitational event on career I can confirm this issue happens on PS4 but only during some parts of the track.
From "Virage Ford" corner until "Virage du Tertre Rouge" corner it instantly turns to night time and afterwards, we're racing on daytime until we reach the same corners and the process repeats again.

LM24z
06-06-2018, 08:45
I noticed the screen flickers a lot too, and it’s not a normally smooth transition.

LM24z
06-06-2018, 08:47
Reported.

Thanks

vitorblima
18-06-2018, 16:28
I have de same issue on the PS4 ��

GenBrien
18-06-2018, 16:39
I thought it was something like "that part of track has more sun than the other"
Good to know its a bug and reported :)

Stewy32
18-06-2018, 19:36
If we are talking about the invitational event on career I can confirm this issue happens on PS4 but only during some parts of the track.
From "Virage Ford" corner until "Virage du Tertre Rouge" corner it instantly turns to night time and afterwards, we're racing on daytime until we reach the same corners and the process repeats again.

Odd that it is only Sector 1(Real life Sector not the in-game ones)

Joey Fazza
07-07-2018, 22:30
Any idea when this will be fixed? Might wait before doing it don’t wanna spoil the experience

LeMansIndy500
15-08-2018, 19:19
Had the same problem whilst doing the 24 hours in real time. Also experienced it during the 2.4 Hours of Nurburg race as well, and I believe the LMP Challenge at COTA also has the same issue. I did both races in real time and the 2.4 Hours ended up with a full day-night-day cycle, whilst the shadow progression at COTA suggested the time progression was bugged there as well.

Is there any idea on when a fix could be released?

Markspeed
16-08-2018, 20:51
I'm currently racing the Le Mans 24 hour's as a stand alone race in the create individual race mode. I forget what it's called.

Other than the occasional screen flutter, I've encountered none of these problems.

Day night transitions were flawless. The A.I. is its usual crash and bump crazy self. Forza 4 like A.I. rubberbanding is in full effect.

Aside from the ocassional freak oversteer or understeer moments, tire balance and behavior has been excellent.
While driving #92 911 GTE, I've managed an average lap of 4'05.xxx through the the night and a 4 minute flat all through the morning hours while on soft tires. On hard tires racing from the start into the night I averaged a 4'02.xxx.

I was able to triple stint the hard tires, until sundown where I switched soft tires and have been double stinting them ever since. With 5 hours plus to go I have yet to switch back to hard tires because track temp is still too cool for that.

Maybe these problems being had are only a problem in the specific le mans experience race.

Cause I've seen none of them.

LeMansIndy500
27-08-2018, 22:42
I'm currently racing the Le Mans 24 hour's as a stand alone race in the create individual race mode. I forget what it's called.

Other than the occasional screen flutter, I've encountered none of these problems.

Day night transitions were flawless. The A.I. is its usual crash and bump crazy self. Forza 4 like A.I. rubberbanding is in full effect.

Aside from the ocassional freak oversteer or understeer moments, tire balance and behavior has been excellent.
While driving #92 911 GTE, I've managed an average lap of 4'05.xxx through the the night and a 4 minute flat all through the morning hours while on soft tires. On hard tires racing from the start into the night I averaged a 4'02.xxx.

I was able to triple stint the hard tires, until sundown where I switched soft tires and have been double stinting them ever since. With 5 hours plus to go I have yet to switch back to hard tires because track temp is still too cool for that.

Maybe these problems being had are only a problem in the specific le mans experience race.

I do believe this problem is only occurring on the DLC races so a custom race won’t have this issue. Though I wonder whether the DLC tracks will have this problem in custom race as well as career.

LeMansIndy500
16-09-2018, 10:47
Do we know if this bug has been fixed with the latest patch? Iíve been away so havenít had the chance to test it.

Mahjik
16-09-2018, 15:49
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?64817-PC-Patch-7-0-Discussion-thread&p=1538529&viewfull=1#post1538529

LeMansIndy500
17-09-2018, 10:49
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?64817-PC-Patch-7-0-Discussion-thread&p=1538529&viewfull=1#post1538529

Sentry87
17-09-2018, 14:13

There's no a.i. rubberbanding in project cars 2. And the thread title literally says "le mans experience" not custom race