PDA

View Full Version : Man , its past midnight , Again .....

BigDad
06-06-2018, 14:08
I gotta sleep but just cant stop playing !

Bealdor
06-06-2018, 14:19
Sleep is for the weak!

hkraft300
06-06-2018, 15:41
Sleep is for the weak!

I did agree once upon a time. But...

http://youtu.be/pwaWilO_Pig

So if you want to improve your lap times, you want to sleep.

BigDad
07-06-2018, 02:35
Sleep is for the weak!

I think I'm going to need to sleep for a week !

balderz002
07-06-2018, 07:04
You can sleep when your dead! Get playing!!

TorTorden
07-06-2018, 07:09
I think I'm going to need to sleep for a week !

No.
What we all need is to sleep consistently 7-9 hours a day for a week ;)

BigDad
07-06-2018, 09:35
No.
What we all need is to sleep consistently 7-9 hours a day for a week ;)

On a good night I get about 5 hours ! Usually about 4 though .

TorTorden
07-06-2018, 10:03
On a good night I get about 5 hours ! Usually about 4 though .

So basically the question is will you get cancer or Alzheimer's first ?

Gist of the vid, with less than 7 hours a night your body and mind perform at least 30% less, stands about the same in increased risk of developing Alzheimer's, and lack of sleep now considered a carcinogenic.
And your natural testosterone levels are that of a man at least 10 years older than you.

So not only does lack of sleep kill you faster, you are also less of a man.

I have personally had a decent night, 7+.
And just beaten my personal Nurburg combined time with about 30 seconds.

Sleep is for winners, or better put, sleep to win.

Still got another 20-30 seconds to go though..

Bealdor
07-06-2018, 10:56

Gist of the vid, with less than 7 hours a night your body and mind perform at least 30% less, stands about the same in increased risk of developing Alzheimer's, and lack of sleep now considered a carcinogenic.
And your natural testosterone levels are that of a man at least 10 years older than you.

You must be fun at parties...

Oh wait, you never get invited to one because you're always going to bed at 9pm. :p

j/k

Sankyo
07-06-2018, 11:52
You must be fun at parties...

Oh wait, you never get invited to one because you're always going to bed at 9pm. :p

j/k

And you get to celebrate your own 80th birthday all alone because everyone else you knew is dead by then because of sleep deprivation.

Bealdor
07-06-2018, 11:58
And you get to celebrate your own 80th birthday all alone because everyone else you knew is dead by then because of sleep deprivation.

I'm sorry to hear that buddy. You could've invited me though... :p

Sankyo
07-06-2018, 11:59
I'm sorry to hear that buddy. You could've invited me though... :p
I didn't know you 25 years ago...

Bruneo
07-06-2018, 12:04
By that time, we'll all be hanging out in the VR anyway. There's not going to be a lonely moment in the day. lol

TorTorden
07-06-2018, 12:41

Certainly don't live like a health nut, I just try stay rested, cause the alternative makes me behave like som truly toxic monster.
Trust me, if I only got 4-5 hours a night over a long enough period, I would probably end up in jail.

The actual plan is to die at 75 in some VR related DIY-electrical accident.
Or I succeed in making a motion platform capable of catapulting me into the ceiling.

BigDad
07-06-2018, 13:40
Certainly don't live like a health nut, I just try stay rested, cause the alternative makes me behave like som truly toxic monster.
Trust me, if I only got 4-5 hours a night over a long enough period, I would probably end up in jail.

Or I succeed in making a motion platform capable of catapulting me into the ceiling.

Well what's your problem with the sleep then ! Why deprive yourself of partying or having fun past 9pm just to aim for death by at 75 ?
The reason i dont get sleep is because of chronic pain ! I can sleep within 5 seconds of my head hitting the pillow but will wake within an hour because i moved and pain wakes me ! I may as well be up doing something i enjoy instead of just laying there sleep , wake , sleep , wake for hours and just get it when i can .
Lack of sleep aint going to be what kills me .

Sankyo
07-06-2018, 13:47
Why would you make such a device? I mean, whatever floats your boat, but creating a device for catapulting you into the ceiling seems... odd.

I imagine my last hours at 75+ involving busty women and a bubble bath filled with champagne, but as I said whatever floats your boat :p

hkraft300
07-06-2018, 13:47
I have a newborn.
7 hours? I wish.

Actually, he’d been really good from 1 month til 4 months but the last few weeks he’s up every 40 minutes through the night. Jinxed myself hadn’t I :rolleyes:

Sankyo
07-06-2018, 13:48
I have a newborn.
7 hours? I wish.

Actually, he’d been really good from 1 month til 4 months but the last few weeks he’s up every 40 minutes through the night. Jinxed myself hadn’t I :rolleyes:

It's only temporary, it won't kill you, trust me :)

hkraft300
07-06-2018, 13:51
It's only temporary, it won't kill you, trust me :)

Thanks mate, that’s very reassuring.
I had him figured out in the first few weeks but this time I’m stumped.

Sankyo
07-06-2018, 13:52
Thanks mate, that’s very reassuring.
I had him figured out in the first few weeks but this time I’m stumped.
My son did well the first 4 weeks or so, then until he was 1.5 years old getting him to sleep every single day was hell. Fixed itself, like it always does (and usually much sooner than that ;)).

dodge33cymru
07-06-2018, 13:54
Ha, I did the same. I'm going to fall asleep through actual Le Mans next weekend at this rate...

Mascot
07-06-2018, 13:55
Thanks mate, thatís very reassuring.
I had him figured out in the first few weeks but this time Iím stumped.

These astonishing baby cages were invented in America in 1922. This picture taken in 1934 shows a wire cage which East Poplar borough council in London proposed to fix to the outside of their buildings

Invincible
07-06-2018, 13:59

I'm totally with you on the sleep-part (not so much on the "get catapulted into the ceiling part").
Sleep deprivation granted me a grand Mal seizure (epileptical attack) when I was 21. Since then I try my best to get proper sleep, which is far from easy when it's 26+įC in you bedroom at night. :(

hkraft300
07-06-2018, 14:03

I’d get one. My boy would enjoy the view!

pimpi84
07-06-2018, 14:05

:D :D :D

Man I am totally with you!!! ".......in the neverending chase for true-to-life G-forces in our motion rigs...."

lol

BigDad
07-06-2018, 14:06
What did i start with this little joke of a thread ?
lol

BigDad
07-06-2018, 14:07
:D :D :D

Man I am totally with you!!! ".......in the neverending chase for true-to-life G-forces in our motion rigs...."

lol

On a PS4 Pro ?

Bealdor
07-06-2018, 14:08
I’d get one. My boy would enjoy the view!

Even if you don't get much sleep, enjoy the time mate. They're growing up waaayyyy too fast.

pimpi84
07-06-2018, 14:12
On a PS4 Pro ?

Yes, PS4 cabled to PC through ethernet --> PC with SimTool, SimVibe --> DYI build with arduino, MonsterMoto drivers, worm gear motors, tactile transducers, etc.

Sum Dixon-Ear
07-06-2018, 14:14
I have a newborn.
7 hours? I wish.

You wait 'til they get to 8 or 9yo onwards... infants... lol.

Congrats from the Dixon-Ear family bud.

BigDad
07-06-2018, 14:16
Yes, PS4 cabled to PC through ethernet --> PC with SimTool, SimVibe --> DYI build with arduino, MonsterMoto drivers, worm gear motors, tactile transducers, etc.

Are you lacking in sleep , lol

pimpi84
07-06-2018, 14:25
Are you lacking in sleep , lol

:D

I am more or less working on it since July 2017 first proto..... so yes I definitely missed several nights of sleep!

I guess I could see it as "training", since my first baby daughter is arriving very soon! :D

morpwr
07-06-2018, 14:34
Well what's your problem with the sleep then ! Why deprive yourself of partying or having fun past 9pm just to aim for death by at 75 ?
The reason i dont get sleep is because of chronic pain ! I can sleep within 5 seconds of my head hitting the pillow but will wake within an hour because i moved and pain wakes me ! I may as well be up doing something i enjoy instead of just laying there sleep , wake , sleep , wake for hours and just get it when i can .
Lack of sleep aint going to be what kills me .

We are old. Next this thread will turn into what pills we are taking and how many.lol I hear you with the pain and sleeping part though. My shoulder and neck are screwed from a car accident(no it wasn't my fault:p) so thats about how my nights go too.

cpcdem
07-06-2018, 14:41
Since then I try my best to get proper sleep, which is far from easy when it's 26+įC in you bedroom at night. :(

That's what I have to deal with every single night, too, but 26+įC at night in Frankfurt??? Wow!

Konan
07-06-2018, 15:27
:D

I am more or less working on it since July 2017 first proto..... so yes I definitely missed several nights of sleep!

I guess I could see it as "training", since my first baby daughter is arriving very soon! :D

Congratulations!

Both on the selfmade rig and the soon to come little girl (also selfmade i hope) :cool:

hkraft300
07-06-2018, 15:47
Even if you don't get much sleep, enjoy the time mate. They're growing up waaayyyy too fast.

They do! Holy crap. Just when you start getting the hang of it they change completely and start doing new things out of the blue. Incredible how switched on they are, too.

You wait 'til they get to 8 or 9yo onwards... infants... lol.

Congrats from the Dixon-Ear family bud.

Thanks mate.

:D!

Congrats mate.
No training for being a dad. It’s a completely new challenge different to anything you’ve ever come across.
Just... be confident, you got this. They’re not aliens.

Congratulations!

Both on the selfmade rig and the soon to come little girl (also selfmade i hope) :cool:

:glee:

Jezza819
07-06-2018, 15:54

I haven't slept for more than 4 or 5 hours straight at one time in probably 15 years or more. But I take about a 90 minute nap each night as soon as I get home from work so technically I get around 6 hours total a night.

The Isle Of Man highlight show is cutting into my playing time this week because it comes on so late here in the US. I'll make up for it next week though.

Konan
07-06-2018, 15:55
As a father of five and the youngest turning 14 i can happily tell you: i'm glad that period has passed...i'm very happy with my children but five times is really enough...:p
That's why i am one of the few who has such a good relation with his mother in law...she had nine (of course i snatched up the youngest one lol)

hkraft300
07-06-2018, 16:02
As a father of five and the youngest turning 14 i can happily tell you: i'm glad that period has passed...i'm very happy with my children but five times is really enough...:p
That's why i am one of the few who has such a good relation with his mother in law...she had nine (of course i snatched up the youngest one lol)

Ye I’d love to have 5.
Wife would rather not.
Seriously, half the battle of parenting is getting the mrs to not over-complicate things.

Bealdor
07-06-2018, 16:04
Seriously, half the battle of life is getting the mrs to not over-complicate things.

FTFY :p

hkraft300
07-06-2018, 16:12
FTFY :p

Couldn’t agree more!

Konan
07-06-2018, 16:15
Couldn’t agree more!

Yeah don't get me started...:rolleyes:
Anyway back on topic...i also don't get much sleep...i think it's somehow related to people posting on some sort of forum day and night...:p

hkraft300
07-06-2018, 17:00
Yeah don't get me started...:rolleyes:
Anyway back on topic...i also don't get much sleep...i think it's somehow related to people posting on some sort of forum day and night...:p

Itís 3am here, now.
Donít know what youíre talking about :o

pimpi84
07-06-2018, 22:15
Congratulations!

Thank you.
The ancient Romans used to say
"mater semper certa est, pater numquam"
... But I am pretty sure it happened that time I kissed her on the cheeck, didn't it???
:D :D

Congrats mate.
No training for being a dad. Itís a completely new challenge different to anything youíve ever come across.
Just... be confident, you got this. Theyíre not aliens.

Thanks mate!!!
I guess so, and I can't wait!
"Live and Love (and play a lot!!!)", I think this is what really matters in the end.:)

TorTorden
08-06-2018, 09:58
I'm totally with you on the sleep-part (not so much on the "get catapulted into the ceiling part").
Sleep deprivation granted me a grand Mal seizure (epileptical attack) when I was 21. Since then I try my best to get proper sleep, which is far from easy when it's 26+įC in you bedroom at night. :(

Nothing as severe for me, but I have seemingly what could be epilepsy related, dizzy spells, paranoia attacks, and a general state of rage, I wasn't joking when I said I'd probably be in jail if I was forcing myself to 4-5 hours a night.
Trust me. That guy isn't fun at parties.

Sleeping a full night sorts practically all of it, I have in addition lately dropped candy and junk food so I have lost almost 16 kg with all the benefits of that, still got plenty to go though. And I'm still eating for a small family with every meal.
I have simply dropped the sugary karb crap, still plenty of normal karbs.

Keena
08-06-2018, 10:03

sloppysmusic
08-06-2018, 16:45
I quit and go to sleep when and ONLY when my lap times start slowing down....

banner77amc
08-06-2018, 16:55
I would love to wake up and race first thing in the morning and keep going but I have to work :(

RomKnight
08-06-2018, 17:29
I rarely sleep more than 5-6 h a day when that much... Seriously, get some sleep.
That being said my grandmother will turn 95yr old this year so... Yeah :)

Jezza819
08-06-2018, 20:46
I ran past midnight last night for two reasons. One is that it was Thursday and I can make up for it tonight since I don't have to get up early on Saturday. And two I was running my first full race at LeMans Vintage in the Ferrari 512S and after 6 attempts I had not even fully finished one. Twice I spun out of the lead on the last lap. Finally on that 7th attempt I finished and actually won and it was almost 12:30 but at least I didn't go to bed angry.