PDA

View Full Version : Maximum hybrid use/lap

ToxinMonster
08-06-2018, 15:29
When doing races at circuits other than LeMans, I never finish the given allotment of hybrid energy even if I try to. I believe that this is because we are restricted to 8mj/lap regardless of the circuit. In real life, you are restricted to 2,4,6, or 8 mj/lap depending on the circuit. Shorter circuits use less energy, longer circuits can use more energy. I could be wrong, however, so I'd be grateful if someone could clarify how it works.

TexasTyme214
08-06-2018, 16:37
When doing races at circuits other than LeMans, I never finish the given allotment of hybrid energy even if I try to. I believe that this is because we are restricted to 8mj/lap regardless of the circuit. In real life, you are restricted to 2,4,6, or 8 mj/lap depending on the circuit. Shorter circuits use less energy, longer circuits can use more energy. I could be wrong, however, so I'd be grateful if someone could clarify how it works.

I don't know for sure, but I think the maximum use of KERS in game does not change from track to track. On the high end, you can see that these cars run out of KERS early on Nürburgring Combined. In the TS040, I've run out of KERS on Spa and Road America. It can be done, but it's hard to recover enough KERS in order to reach the limit in some cars on shorter tracks.

KANETAKER
08-06-2018, 17:22
In my case the only thing I would like would be if SMS could implement in a future update a NUMERICAL visual indicator on the amount of KERS available in a complete turn (on the HUD), which could facilitate a better use of the available energy, since in some cases it is necessary use a little energy in some sections of the 1st sector but we do not know how much energy is available for the rest of the circuit, in some cases we will come across the unpleasant surprise that there is no energy available, despite the fact that one had apparently saved energy in a previous section.

Stewy32
08-06-2018, 18:42

In Game I don't know.However,in real life the car is built to produce either 2MJ,4MJ,6MJ or 8MJ.For example,the 2014 Audi is 2MJ,the 2016 Audi and 2014 Toyota are 6MJ and the 2016 Porsche and 2016 Toyota are 8MJ.At tracks that are shorter than Le Mans this is decreased according to track size,but it still ends up being a sufficiently higher amount per I'm than Le Mans.

ToxinMonster
08-06-2018, 19:00
In my case the only thing I would like would be if SMS could implement in a future update a NUMERICAL visual indicator on the amount of KERS available in a complete turn (on the HUD), which could facilitate a better use of the available energy, since in some cases it is necessary use a little energy in some sections of the 1st sector but we do not know how much energy is available for the rest of the circuit, in some cases we will come across the unpleasant surprise that there is no energy available, despite the fact that one had apparently saved energy in a previous section.

There's supposed to be a bar on the wheel of the Porsche 919 to show how much boost you have but it doesn't work. A bar like the one we already have to show how much charge is left would be great. SMS already has various versions of that kind of bar in different cars. The indycar for example has the amount of times you can use the boost, so it isn't impossible to modify the existing bar.

KANETAKER
08-06-2018, 19:49
There's supposed to be a bar on the wheel of the Porsche 919 to show how much boost you have but it doesn't work. A bar like the one we already have to show how much charge is left would be great. SMS already has various versions of that kind of bar in different cars. The indycar for example has the amount of times you can use the boost, so it isn't impossible to modify the existing bar.

Precisely to that I mean, if it were possible to have a numerical indicator similar to the one that the IndyCar have, but with the difference that in the case of the LMP1 (2014 and 2016) the consumption and availability of the amount of energy is different to the one of the IndyCar or F1. In this case it is not the number of times you can use KERS, but how much energy you can deploy during a lap.

In these moments apparently the key to be fast with the new 2016 LMP1 is to know the way, how long, and in which parts of the track deploy the KERS. Since apparently it is useless to be fast enough using only the combustion engine to reserve the KERS on the long straights.

PS: I do not want answers of the type "use the cockpit view", since the question is about the HUD that is used in any of the available views/cameras of the game (whether exterior or interior).

TexasTyme214
08-06-2018, 20:05
I like where you all are going with changing the HUD. The bar be the total energy in the battery for LMP1 2016. Then, give us an additional number on the HUD that shows the total amount of KERS energy used in the lap. Once you reach the limit, the number changes color to let you know you can't use anymore. This will help drivers get an idea of how much KERS to use in different moments. Hopefully, if SMS uses that idea, they can implement the different KERS limits on all the tracks.

KERS limit outside of LM = 1.55 * energy limit at LM * (distance of track /distance of LM)

ToxinMonster
08-06-2018, 20:22
I like where you all are going with changing the HUD. The bar be the total energy in the battery for LMP1 2016. Then, give us an additional number on the HUD that shows the total amount of KERS energy used in the lap. Once you reach the limit, the number changes color to let you know you can't use anymore. This will help drivers get an idea of how much KERS to use in different moments. Hopefully, if SMS uses that idea, they can implement the different KERS limits on all the tracks.

KERS limit outside of LM = 1.55 * energy limit at LM * (distance of track /distance of LM)

I think having two bars would be better. One for the battery charge, the other for the remaining allotment in the style KANETAKER suggested.

KANETAKER
08-06-2018, 21:44
I think having two bars would be better. One for the battery charge, the other for the remaining allotment in the style KANETAKER suggested.

Actually it would not be necessary to have 2 bars; it would simply be enough to have only 1 available KERS indicator bar, with the difference that it should work the same as the visual indicator that the FIA WEC uses in the HUD of the onboard cameras of LMP1-H cars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1hv_DIJqoU

However, the KERS bar would have to be visually larger compared to what the game's HUD currently has.

On the other hand, when watching this video, I just realized that the loading system of the KERS in the game needs another revision: I have noticed that at the end of each lap the car enters the main straight without KERS available, but a Once it crosses the finish line, the KERS bar appears fully loaded. Unfortunately this does not happen in the game, on the contrary the player must try to enter the main straight with enough KERS to use once crossing the finish line.

Perhaps here could be those 2 or 4 seconds of difference that the fastest 2016 LMP1 players need to close the GAP with the performance and speed at one lap of the best of the Toyota TS040 players in the game.

Bealdor
08-06-2018, 21:53

In the R18 with its 6MJ per lap and a capacity of 1 kwh you can use a fully loaded battery ~1.67 times.
Casey said that the average power of the hybrid lies somewhere between 260 - 270kW which means you should have ~13.5s of boost available per lap.

It's not as exact as another visual indicator but it should get you into the right ballpark.
You can either count the seconds you're using the boost or use the numerical indicator in the Audi (you can use 167% in total per lap).

Edit: My bad. It's actually ~22.5s per lap.

Bealdor
08-06-2018, 21:57
.On the other hand, when watching this video, I just realized that the loading system of the KERS in the game needs another revision: I have noticed that at the end of each lap the car enters the main straight without KERS available, but a Once it crosses the finish line, the KERS bar appears fully loaded. Unfortunately this does not happen in the game, on the contrary the player must try to enter the main straight with enough KERS to use once crossing the finish line.

Perhaps here could be those 2 or 4 seconds of difference that the fastest 2016 LMP1 players need to close the GAP with the performance and speed at one lap of the best of the Toyota TS040 players in the game.

You're reading it wrong. That TV HUD only shows how much of the total 8MJ are still available to be used. It does NOT show the current state of charge of the battery (Which is what the game shows you).

Edit: It's essentially showing what that second bar you're asking for would show.

KANETAKER
09-06-2018, 00:16
It's essentially showing what that second bar you're asking for would show.

That is the point. For those who do not use the cockpit view would be useful that type of indicator bar in the HUD. Because the current bar only shows the amount of available energy and in my case it usually happens that after the curve Arnage (in LeMans) the bar is full but at the time of using the KERS it turns out that only half of the bar was left available, leaving half a full bar Unable to use because I have already exhausted all the KERS that the system allows me to use in a lap.

It would be good to have a visual indicator that allows us to have a better control of the use of available energy, in order not to waste energy in some unnecessary sections (those sectors where going slow or fast does not make any difference in lap times) and being able to reserve enough energy to use in other sections where you can win or lose time per lap.

Maskmagog
09-06-2018, 06:58
I think SMS-Austin mentioned in some youtuber's streaming that you have X number of activations per lap.