PDA

View Full Version : Handling issue against ai on OG Xbox

Lolzatron3155
09-06-2018, 10:34
Hi guys, is anyone else on the og Xbox one having a noticeable handling issue during practice, qualifying and racing sessions? During solo practice it’s fine. I have only 14 ai on track, my fx is at 0 and my time progression is on real. Ive had this issue before but for some reason it keeps coming back. It’s barely noticeable in easier to drive cars. But in the 488 challenge, it was like going from slicks to ice tyres in between solo practice and then practice with the ai. And no I didn’t do a thing to the setup, not even fuel. I struggled just to get a decent lap in, whereas in solo practice I beat my best lap in one take.

Will this ever be fixed, or can the Xbox just not handle this? Thanks

Zaskarspants
09-06-2018, 10:48
Try a lower AI number.

VSR Flying Dane
09-06-2018, 11:57
Hi guys, is anyone else on the og Xbox one having a noticeable handling issue during practice, qualifying and racing sessions? During solo practice it’s fine. I have only 14 ai on track, my fx is at 0 and my time progression is on real. Ive had this issue before but for some reason it keeps coming back. It’s barely noticeable in easier to drive cars. But in the 488 challenge, it was like going from slicks to ice tyres in between solo practice and then practice with the ai. And no I didn’t do a thing to the setup, not even fuel. I struggled just to get a decent lap in, whereas in solo practice I beat my best lap in one take.

Will this ever be fixed, or can the Xbox just not handle this? Thanks

yes i Have the same Problem and im on the g920

Lolzatron3155
09-06-2018, 12:32
Try a lower AI number.

Ok, I’ll see what this does

Lolzatron3155
09-06-2018, 12:33
yes i Have the same Problem and im on the g920

Yeah I’m on g920 as well. I hate having to reduce things in order to get it to work

Lolzatron3155
10-06-2018, 00:34
Try a lower AI number.

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately its still there. Itís discreet but itís there. Iím kinda done with putting up with this issue now. As well as the other problems this game has given me.

Zaskarspants
10-06-2018, 12:05
Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately its still there. It’s discreet but it’s there. I’m kinda done with putting up with this issue now. As well as the other problems this game has given me.

Oh. Well, I found on my xb og that I used untill patch 3 that below a certain number everything was fine. For me that varied between 10 and 20 AI at the time.

VSR Flying Dane
10-06-2018, 18:33
[QUOTE=Lolzatron3155;1517585]Yeah Iím on g920 as well. I hate having to reduce things in order to get it to work[/QUO

we arent the only ones im in a club where a lot of guys have a g920 and we have the problem when we race each other so multiplayer is a no go after the latest patch but try sending sms an email so we can get them to notice the problem and maybe they will do something about it

Lolzatron3155
11-06-2018, 03:00
[QUOTE=Lolzatron3155;1517585]Yeah I’m on g920 as well. I hate having to reduce things in order to get it to work[/QUO

we arent the only ones im in a club where a lot of guys have a g920 and we have the problem when we race each other so multiplayer is a no go after the latest patch but try sending sms an email so we can get them to notice the problem and maybe they will do something about it

The problem is that this has been a known issue for a while. I’ve lost count on how many threads I’ve seen just on this. Since nothings been done about it, they either don’t want to fix it or they can’t fix it. They haven’t really said anything either, and I thought patch 4 would fix it. It isn’t specifically the wheel either. Because on Ac it works a charm and has worked since day one. I love hotlapping in this game but that’s not the reason I bought it. So far I’m only convinced that the pc version is the only one that actually works.

Lolzatron3155
11-06-2018, 03:00
Oh. Well, I found on my xb og that I used untill patch 3 that below a certain number everything was fine. For me that varied between 10 and 20 AI at the time.

I think it works with certain cars and tracks. Others are a nightmare whilst others you could drive for hours.

Zaskarspants
11-06-2018, 09:18
I think it works with certain cars and tracks. Others are a nightmare whilst others you could drive for hours.

In my expirience it was all ok below a certain number as I said previously.

The game works fine on pc / xbx / ps4 / ps4pro with this issue being specifically og xb.

Hammerpgh
11-06-2018, 21:01
I agree with Zask on this one. I did some testing of the number of AI that could be run on the OG in the GT3 cars at Nurburgring GP. As an example I found the Audi LMS Ultra to be a car that I had to really reduce the AI by a lot and found that anything above 14 makes the physics go screwy. Conversely I could run some of the other cars quite happily with 25 AI.

It's a bit of a pain to have to do that of course but it enables you to find the sweet spot for your box.

Lolzatron3155
12-06-2018, 02:55
I agree with Zask on this one. I did some testing of the number of AI that could be run on the OG in the GT3 cars at Nurburgring GP. As an example I found the Audi LMS Ultra to be a car that I had to really reduce the AI by a lot and found that anything above 14 makes the physics go screwy. Conversely I could run some of the other cars quite happily with 25 AI.

It's a bit of a pain to have to do that of course but it enables you to find the sweet spot for your box.

Being honest, Iíd rather not deal with it. I find it troubling enough knowing that this is still a bug That hasnít been fixed And that trying to find my ffb took longer than it shouldíve. Iíd rather sms yell at me to get a pc rather than them being quiet about this.

Zaskarspants
12-06-2018, 09:14
Being honest, I’d rather not deal with it. I find it troubling enough knowing that this is still a bug That hasn’t been fixed And that trying to find my ffb took longer than it should’ve. I’d rather sms yell at me to get a pc rather than them being quiet about this.

Oh sorry I thought you were after some advice from forum users.

Lolzatron3155
12-06-2018, 22:03
Oh sorry I thought you were after some advice from forum users.

Yeah, I did want to get some advice. And I definitely have gotten it. It’s just that this game is very on and off in terms of functioning. To a point where I think the best option would just be to stop playing with ai and online just to make sure nothing goes wrong.

Thanks for the tips.

Zaskarspants
13-06-2018, 10:42
Yeah, I did want to get some advice. And I definitely have gotten it. It’s just that this game is very on and off in terms of functioning. To a point where I think the best option would just be to stop playing with ai and online just to make sure nothing goes wrong.

Thanks for the tips.

Oh, sorry to hear that. Seems rather anti fun...

Hammerpgh
13-06-2018, 12:44

Thanks for the tips.
Agreed it's not ideal to have to find what works for your setup but you'll be missing out a great deal by not doing so. The game has taken over my racing time massively over the last few months and that started while I was still on the OG. Don't give up on it just yet... take some time to work out what works best for you and you won't regret it.

Lolzatron3155
13-06-2018, 22:52
Agreed it's not ideal to have to find what works for your setup but you'll be missing out a great deal by not doing so. The game has taken over my racing time massively over the last few months and that started while I was still on the OG. Don't give up on it just yet... take some time to work out what works best for you and you won't regret it.

Ok I will try to work some things out. Iíve gotten some great tips so far, I think I could play around with a few things to see what works. I donít have the guts to fully give up on this game, itís really good when it works. :D

Lolzatron3155
13-06-2018, 22:54
Oh, sorry to hear that. Seems rather anti fun...

I know it seems like I’m giving up too easily, but after messing with my ffb for literally a month or two, I couldn’t be bothered anymore. But because I do like this game I’m going to not give up on it just yet.

Dypress
13-06-2018, 23:21
I’m bummed about this issue. I recently bought an Xbox One S, and have just purchased this game. I can’t afford to upgrade to the X, so it aucks to have to pay for a game that you can’t fully play. I hope they do something about this.

Lolzatron3155
13-06-2018, 23:24
Iím bummed about this issue. I recently bought an Xbox One S, and have just purchased this game. I canít afford to upgrade to the X, so it aucks to have to pay for a game that you canít fully play. I hope they do something about this.

I hate to say it, but it looks like weíre stuck with it. They havenít even addressed this issue properly. And there are heaps of threads about it. It severely puts me off the game, but then when I see gameplay Iím tempted to play the game again. Itís the weirdest game Iíve ever experienced. Usually an issue such as this would be patched, but I just donít think they can do it.

Maskmagog
14-06-2018, 08:27
In my opinion, this seems to have improved a lot in patch 6. I'll do some more testing when I find the time, but so far it seems much better to me.

Zaskarspants
14-06-2018, 09:13
I hate to say it, but it looks like we’re stuck with it. They haven’t even addressed this issue properly. And there are heaps of threads about it. It severely puts me off the game, but then when I see gameplay I’m tempted to play the game again. It’s the weirdest game I’ve ever experienced. Usually an issue such as this would be patched, but I just don’t think they can do it.

One of pcars2 main competitors has a limit of 15 cars for consoles apparently. All the racing sims are compromised on consoles in some ways. I think pcars2 is the best of the bunch very much so when considering it's many advantages.

Just Another Frog
14-06-2018, 09:32
One of pcars2 main competitors has a limit of 15 cars for consoles apparently. All the racing sims are compromised on consoles in some ways. I think pcars2 is the best of the bunch very much so when considering it's many advantages.

NASCAR Heat 2 has 40+ grids on all tracks and that's coming from a game that uses the Unity engine!
Moto GP (the one that comes free with Game Pass) also has 24+ grids on all tracks.
And of course there's F1 2017.

The only real compromise I ever saw with the first two was that visuals weren't the best - but that was largely down to super small budgets and inferior game engines. I've never played any of the F1 games so I can't comment on any compromises it may have made.

Zaskarspants
14-06-2018, 09:35
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/08/31/assetto-corsa-ps4xbox-one-review

15 max here. Just thought it was worth a mention.

Lolzatron3155
14-06-2018, 23:33

True, Ac only has 15 ai in total on console. However unlike pcars, you can do a full grid with any car on any track and not get any handling or ffb issues. Same with forza even on a wheel, and controller. No issues whatsoever and they run 23 ai. Whereas pcars Iím still getting issues no matter if I have 10 or 30 ai.

Dypress
15-06-2018, 00:28
Well good news, I just ponied up for the X, which means that this should be fixed for og Xbox tomorrow.

Lolzatron3155
15-06-2018, 04:45
Well good news, I just ponied up for the X, which means that this should be fixed for og Xbox tomorrow.

Interesting to see that. Where did you find this?

Also just as a pointer, i reduced the ai to 10 on lemans and ran a multiclass race with gte and lmp1. No issues to my knowledge. Thats 2.5 hours of great racing under my belt. Looks like you just need to spend a little extra time and find the sweet spot.

Lolzatron3155
02-07-2018, 23:43
Interesting to see that. Where did you find this?

Also just as a pointer, i reduced the ai to 10 on lemans and ran a multiclass race with gte and lmp1. No issues to my knowledge. Thats 2.5 hours of great racing under my belt. Looks like you just need to spend a little extra time and find the sweet spot.

(Update) I’ve actually run into more troubles with the radical sr8 at donnington. Exact same settings as the lemans race apart from the fact it wasn’t multiclass. And I ended up experiencing the glitch again. Seems like you can’t fully prevent it.

Trippul G
30-07-2018, 06:04
I've been away from this game (and these forums) for a number of months. Started getting back into the game a month or so ago by diving back into career mode. Had a lot of fun going through some Rallycross, GT5, SC Lites, etc. Then I decided to try the GT4 series, picked the Cayman and the US championship, and off I went.

First round at COTA National...handling felt really temperamental...very twitchy, lots of snap oversteer and power oversteer coming out of slow corners. I figured it was just a lousy default tune, so I looked around online, found one that someone else posted, went into private testing, applied it, and things felt great. I figured ok, problem solved.

Went back to qualifying in my career, and the car immediately felt horrible. Same exact setup, same date, time of day, track temperature, everything, as my private testing session. Just could not get the power down coming out of slow corners. Faster sweepers like turn 2 coming down the hill, or the triple-apex right hander toward the end of the lap...I used to be able to take flat out, no problem. Now, I approach at the same speed, but as I try to wind on the steering angle, the rear keeps wanting to break loose, and I have to countersteer and/or back out of the throttle to keep from spinning off into the wall.

This is REALLY frustrating. An issue similar to this was around back when I bought the game on release. It had to do with certain cars pulling to one side if there were too many AI on the track. I put the game aside for a while in the hopes that it would be patched. Now here we are, almost a year later, and while maybe not the exact same issue, it's frustrating and disappointing to see that essentially the same problem still exists: that too many AI seemingly borks the physics engine, causing things to go haywire. This all leads me to believe that SMS simply have no idea how to fix this issue.

My career progress has now more or less come to a standstill, unless I want to drop the AI difficulty way down to like 10, just so I can muddle my way through this series. I'll probably wind up doing just that, as I was having fun with the game up to this point, but that's obviously not what I paid for. If indeed SMS can't fix this issue, I'd honestly prefer they just come out and say so. Maybe they could at least give us an option to control grid size in career? I tried the exact same race settings in Custom Race with 11 opponents, and things felt fine.

For the record, I'm on the OG XB1, using a Fanatec 911 GT2 wheel with Clubsport pedals, running through DriveHub.

nissan4ever
30-07-2018, 07:08
I've been away from this game (and these forums) for a number of months. Started getting back into the game a month or so ago by diving back into career mode. Had a lot of fun going through some Rallycross, GT5, SC Lites, etc. Then I decided to try the GT4 series, picked the Cayman and the US championship, and off I went.

First round at COTA National...handling felt really temperamental...very twitchy, lots of snap oversteer and power oversteer coming out of slow corners. I figured it was just a lousy default tune, so I looked around online, found one that someone else posted, went into private testing, applied it, and things felt great. I figured ok, problem solved.

Went back to qualifying in my career, and the car immediately felt horrible. Same exact setup, same date, time of day, track temperature, everything, as my private testing session. Just could not get the power down coming out of slow corners. Faster sweepers like turn 2 coming down the hill, or the triple-apex right hander toward the end of the lap...I used to be able to take flat out, no problem. Now, I approach at the same speed, but as I try to wind on the steering angle, the rear keeps wanting to break loose, and I have to countersteer and/or back out of the throttle to keep from spinning off into the wall.

This is REALLY frustrating. An issue similar to this was around back when I bought the game on release. It had to do with certain cars pulling to one side if there were too many AI on the track. I put the game aside for a while in the hopes that it would be patched. Now here we are, almost a year later, and while maybe not the exact same issue, it's frustrating and disappointing to see that essentially the same problem still exists: that too many AI seemingly borks the physics engine, causing things to go haywire. This all leads me to believe that SMS simply have no idea how to fix this issue.

My career progress has now more or less come to a standstill, unless I want to drop the AI difficulty way down to like 10, just so I can muddle my way through this series. I'll probably wind up doing just that, as I was having fun with the game up to this point, but that's obviously not what I paid for. If indeed SMS can't fix this issue, I'd honestly prefer they just come out and say so. Maybe they could at least give us an option to control grid size in career? I tried the exact same race settings in Custom Race with 11 opponents, and things felt fine.

For the record, I'm on the OG XB1, using a Fanatec 911 GT2 wheel with Clubsport pedals, running through DriveHub.

They don't need to say so. The only Xbox console that runs this game correctly is the X. OG & S can't. They don't need to say it, when it's all over the forum that OG Xbox One can't run big grids without handling going downhill. Buy a Xbox One X. Problem solved. Finish your career without lowering the difficulty.

Trippul G
30-07-2018, 15:04
They don't need to say so. The only Xbox console that runs this game correctly is the X. OG & S can't. They don't need to say it, when it's all over the forum that OG Xbox One can't run big grids without handling going downhill. Buy a Xbox One X. Problem solved. Finish your career without lowering the difficulty.

Seriously? Why are you defending them? So it's ok to you that this problem exists, and rather than SMS fixing it, or even publicly acknowledging it, I should go spend another $400 just so I can play the game "correctly", after I've already spent $90 for the Deluxe Edition which, as advertised, offered me no reason to believe that I would be unable to enjoy a reasonably similar gaming experience to anyone else who purchased the game on a different supported platform?

Sorry, but that's bull****, and you know it. If SMS can't fix the problem, then I feel like they should at the very least give us the ability to limit grid size in career, so that we can at least have some sort of a race, instead of having to tiptoe around with a janky car against pushover AI just so we can advance.

Cholton82
30-07-2018, 20:59
I agree with you , It’s almost like it should have been launched with smaller grids and be stated on the back of the box. I felt my PS4 was stretched so upgraded but understand not everyone can or wants to upgrade.
I have two mates that have the original Xbox one and bought PCars2 at launch along with me , needless to say I’m the only one still playing it and loving it . I wish they could experience what I do as its fantastic on the X.

A Scott
30-07-2018, 22:21
Xbox Live / Microsoft not long ago where advertising they where offering refunds, if anyone got a digital copy its worth a shot,
I got a refund on the AC Ferrari when it wasnt working properly,
11months after launch personally think the developer has had enough time to make some adjustments / add some features to allow the Xbox One owners to fully enjoy the game,
am going for a refund & going back to the orginal Project Cars, no Ferrari or Porsche but 45 grid at Road America :)
just ran 38 grid at Donnington Park National no FFB issues, obviously I would prefer to be on PC2 with the new cars & tracks but its not ment to be.

nissan4ever
31-07-2018, 01:21
Seriously? Why are you defending them? So it's ok to you that this problem exists, and rather than SMS fixing it, or even publicly acknowledging it, I should go spend another $400 just so I can play the game "correctly", after I've already spent $90 for the Deluxe Edition which, as advertised, offered me no reason to believe that I would be unable to enjoy a reasonably similar gaming experience to anyone else who purchased the game on a different supported platform?

Sorry, but that's bull****, and you know it. If SMS can't fix the problem, then I feel like they should at the very least give us the ability to limit grid size in career, so that we can at least have some sort of a race, instead of having to tiptoe around with a janky car against pushover AI just so we can advance.

I bought my X for my whole Xbox game catalog. I wanted all of my Xbox One, Xbox 360 & OG Xbox games to run the best they possibly can. I didn't buy it for one game. My X plays PC2 just fine & your OG Xbox One can't. It is what it is. It's a known fact. Honestly, folks have been asking for smaller grids in career since the first PC. Apparently SMS isn't going to implement that. So no need in all these threads saying the same thing that's known. Want to run PC2 better. Buy a Xbox One X or don't play the game if you can't proceed further in career mode due to the limitations of the OG xbox one & S.

Lolzatron3155
31-07-2018, 10:05
I bought my X for my whole Xbox game catalog. I wanted all of my Xbox One, Xbox 360 & OG Xbox games to run the best they possibly can. I didn't buy it for one game. My X plays PC2 just fine & your OG Xbox One can't. It is what it is. It's a known fact. Honestly, folks have been asking for smaller grids in career since the first PC. Apparently SMS isn't going to implement that. So no need in all these threads saying the same thing that's known. Want to run PC2 better. Buy a Xbox One X or don't play the game if you can't proceed further in career mode due to the limitations of the OG xbox one & S.

I think youíve missed the fact that sms chose to release it on consoles. Which means they had full intentions of it working. They couldíve easily made the game pc only or a console specific port to work within our limitations. The Xbox one X wasnít even released before pcars 2 as well, which means it was designed to work on the og and the S. Otherwise they couldíve only made it work on the S and X. And console specific ports do exist and are an option, Assetto Corsa has one and has no issues whatsoever even with more complex ffb and physics. Telling someone to buy another newer console just because theyíre experiencing issues that shouldnít even be there and couldíve been completely avoided is just stupid.

Hammerpgh
31-07-2018, 12:42
I think you’ve missed the fact that sms chose to release it on consoles. Which means they had full intentions of it working. They could’ve easily made the game pc only or a console specific port to work within our limitations. The Xbox one X wasn’t even released before pcars 2 as well, which means it was designed to work on the og and the S. Otherwise they could’ve only made it work on the S and X. And console specific ports do exist and are an option, Assetto Corsa has one and has no issues whatsoever even with more complex ffb and physics. Telling someone to buy another newer console just because they’re experiencing issues that shouldn’t even be there and could’ve been completely avoided is just stupid.
I agree with you on your point about the fact it was released for the og Xbox and therefore anyone with that machine is perfectly entitled to expect it to work fine. It sucks that it doesn't but
I did play pCars 2 on the og Xbox for some time and managed to find a happy medium to enable me to enjoy it and some of my racing buddies still play it on the og box now and we race in a couple of leagues where the problems have been limited since patch 6. I myself did switch over to the X in May so that I could enjoy it at it's fullest but I agree that should not have been necessary but I was fortunate enough to be able to do it and decided that it was a good move and gives me some leeway moving forward when other games start to stretch the limitations of the og box. I appreciate that not everyone is in the same position and can understand why this irks you (them) so much.

For me the biggest problem with the game on the og box is career and SMS should really have found a way to limit the number of AI in that mode of the game so people could enjoy it properly if that mode is what floats their boat. I am not sure why that has never been done and only SMS themselves can really answer that and to avoid it being asked constantly it would seem a sensible thing for them to do so. Not sure why they have remained silent on that one.

I don't really think the comparison with Assetto is a fair one though as there is more involved with pCars 2 than Assetto (which I love btw) No weather effects for instance being one that has a big impact on helping the games performance. There have also been plenty of issues with AC on console as well though so the 'no issues' comment doesn't ring true for me, it's a great game but far from perfect and took a long while until it was functioning to what was expected on release.

nissan4ever
31-07-2018, 17:02
I think you’ve missed the fact that sms chose to release it on consoles. Which means they had full intentions of it working. They could’ve easily made the game pc only or a console specific port to work within our limitations. The Xbox one X wasn’t even released before pcars 2 as well, which means it was designed to work on the og and the S. Otherwise they could’ve only made it work on the S and X. And console specific ports do exist and are an option, Assetto Corsa has one and has no issues whatsoever even with more complex ffb and physics. Telling someone to buy another newer console just because they’re experiencing issues that shouldn’t even be there and could’ve been completely avoided is just stupid.

They already had a Dev Kit for Xbox One X before PC2 was released. They were already working on the enhancements before the Xbox One X was released. If you want your Xbox One GAME CATALOG to look & run its best. Buy a Xbox One X.

Trippul G
31-07-2018, 17:14

Good for you that you purchased an X1X, but that's simply not an option for many people. The fact that the game runs well on the X does not let SMS off the hook for being obligated to provide a properly functioning product for ALL of their paying customers who are playing on platforms that are advertised as being supported by the game.

Career mode was a major factor in my purchasing decision, as it's what I tend to spend most of my time playing in racing games that have them. Because SMS either can not, or will not, fix this issue, and because it severely impacts the ability to play a major portion of the game as one normally would, they have failed to provide a product that is functional as advertised.

The fact that other people have complained about the issue already does not nullify my argument. And you're right, there is no need to keep saying the same thing that's known. We know the game works better on the X. Please stop suggesting buying one as a solution.

It's on SMS, not their customers, to make this right.

Lolzatron3155
31-07-2018, 22:56
They already had a Dev Kit for Xbox One X before PC2 was released. They were already working on the enhancements before the Xbox One X was released. If you want your Xbox One GAME CATALOG to look & run its best. Buy a Xbox One X.

Its not like the Xbox one struggles to run anything though. All of the games I’ve played have all been fine. This is the only game I’ve experienced problems with. No handling glitches, no graphical stuff ups, no crashing, no problems with ai. Nothing. All the rest were entitled to work on Xbox one and they do, and pcars 2 is in that same boat. And it doesn’t fully work. They didn’t put anywhere that this game would struggle on the Xbox one so run it at your own risk. Which also means they had full intentions of it working. You shouldn’t need to pay another $500 just to experience a game that should’ve worked on your original console.

Lolzatron3155
31-07-2018, 23:00
I agree with you on your point about the fact it was released for the og Xbox and therefore anyone with that machine is perfectly entitled to expect it to work fine. It sucks that it doesn't but
I did play pCars 2 on the og Xbox for some time and managed to find a happy medium to enable me to enjoy it and some of my racing buddies still play it on the og box now and we race in a couple of leagues where the problems have been limited since patch 6. I myself did switch over to the X in May so that I could enjoy it at it's fullest but I agree that should not have been necessary but I was fortunate enough to be able to do it and decided that it was a good move and gives me some leeway moving forward when other games start to stretch the limitations of the og box. I appreciate that not everyone is in the same position and can understand why this irks you (them) so much.

For me the biggest problem with the game on the og box is career and SMS should really have found a way to limit the number of AI in that mode of the game so people could enjoy it properly if that mode is what floats their boat. I am not sure why that has never been done and only SMS themselves can really answer that and to avoid it being asked constantly it would seem a sensible thing for them to do so. Not sure why they have remained silent on that one.

I don't really think the comparison with Assetto is a fair one though as there is more involved with pCars 2 than Assetto (which I love btw) No weather effects for instance being one that has a big impact on helping the games performance. There have also been plenty of issues with AC on console as well though so the 'no issues' comment doesn't ring true for me, it's a great game but far from perfect and took a long while until it was functioning to what was expected on release.

I agree, I just made the Ac comparison to say that there is a sim that works on Xbox one because they’ve made it correctly. There’s no point in having all these features on the og if they cause problems. And yeah Ac has had its problems in the past. No games perfect, but still it’s frustrating. I don’t have enough for a pc or another console so I just want to enjoy the limited sims we have in console.

nissan4ever
01-08-2018, 01:18
Its not like the Xbox one struggles to run anything though. All of the games I’ve played have all been fine. This is the only game I’ve experienced problems with. No handling glitches, no graphical stuff ups, no crashing, no problems with ai. Nothing. All the rest were entitled to work on Xbox one and they do, and pcars 2 is in that same boat. And it doesn’t fully work. They didn’t put anywhere that this game would struggle on the Xbox one so run it at your own risk. Which also means they had full intentions of it working. You shouldn’t need to pay another $500 just to experience a game that should’ve worked on your original console.

When say look & run there best. This is what I mean. Games running dynamic resolution will basically stay at max resolution instead of dropping down due to action on screen. Far more stable fps on the vast majority of games. Something I noticed instantly with The Division. I played that game on OG Xbox One at launch. Then on S. Then on X. I could tell it was staying at 1080p & 30 fps, instantly on the X. I have been playing that game for a year & a half by the time I got my X. Now that game has a enhancement patch & runs 4k 30 fps all day long.

Just like Project Cars 1 ran a couple of fps faster on a Xbox One S over OG Xbox One. Project CARS 1 runs like silky smooth butter on Xbox One X & will never see an enhancement patch. Run max grids on the X with ease in weather. Where as on OG or S, you couldn't because fps running low.

Project Cars 1 is the reason I knew I was going to buy a Xbox One X the moment it was released. I knew what it would bring to the table for my whole Xbox One catalog. It was announced at E3 in 2016. 1.5 years before its release. More than enough time to set aside money for that bad boy.

Heck, I barely touched PC2 when it came out on my S because I saw it was having the same performance issues as the first game with max grids & certain weather. Just waited for the X I already pre-ordered before I dabbled anymore in PC2.

Lolzatron3155
01-08-2018, 02:01
When say look & run there best. This is what I mean. Games running dynamic resolution will basically stay at max resolution instead of dropping down due to action on screen. Far more stable fps on the vast majority of games. Something I noticed instantly with The Division. I played that game on OG Xbox One at launch. Then on S. Then on X. I could tell it was staying at 1080p & 30 fps, instantly on the X. I have been playing that game for a year & a half by the time I got my X. Now that game has a enhancement patch & runs 4k 30 fps all day long.

Just like Project Cars 1 ran a couple of fps faster on a Xbox One S over OG Xbox One. Project CARS 1 runs like silky smooth butter on Xbox One X & will never see an enhancement patch. Run max grids on the X with ease in weather. Where as on OG or S, you couldn't because fps running low.

Project Cars 1 is the reason I knew I was going to buy a Xbox One X the moment it was released. I knew what it would bring to the table for my whole Xbox One catalog. It was announced at E3 in 2016. 1.5 years before its release. More than enough time to set aside money for that bad boy.

Heck, I barely touched PC2 when it came out on my S because I saw it was having the same performance issues as the first game with max grids & certain weather. Just waited for the X I already pre-ordered before I dabbled anymore in PC2.

I get it the Xbox one x is better. But if itís released on the og, itís expected to work. Like I said they couldíve easily forgotten about the og and skipped it and only developed it for the later consoles. The graphical things arenít really a problem at all with pcars on the og, but the handling glitch is.

nissan4ever
01-08-2018, 02:48
I get it the Xbox one x is better. But if it’s released on the og, it’s expected to work. Like I said they could’ve easily forgotten about the og and skipped it and only developed it for the later consoles. The graphical things aren’t really a problem at all with pcars on the og, but the handling glitch is.

It's not a handling glitch. It's a CPU (perhaps GPU as well) bottle neck not keeping up due to large grid sizes, dynamic weather & Live Track 3.0. It will never get any better on OG Xbox One & S. Live Track 3.0, physics model & dynamic weather is just to resource intensive for OG & S CPU (possibly GPU too) on this game.

This isn't Forza Motorsport with its dumbed down physics engine & 24 car grid max to get a rock solid 60 fps.

SMS knew this after the first Project Cars game on OG Xbox One & S. They knew max grids & dynamic weather with very large grids would significantly effect the fps & physics on those 2 Xbox consoles. Throw in the new Live Track 3.0 & it adds to the issue. They should have incorporated smaller grid sizes for career for OG Xbox One & S. For whatever reason, they chose not to. It is what it is.

At least next generation, you won't have this problem. Phil Spencer has stated that the CPU & GPU will be much better matched next generation. Things like this probably won't happen at all next-generation.

Hammerpgh
01-08-2018, 08:48
It's not a handling glitch. It's a CPU (perhaps GPU as well) bottle neck not keeping up due to large grid sizes, dynamic weather & Live Track 3.0. It will never get any better on OG Xbox One & S. Live Track 3.0, physics model & dynamic weather is just to resource intensive for OG & S CPU (possibly GPU too) on this game.

This isn't Forza Motorsport with its dumbed down physics engine & 24 car grid max to get a rock solid 60 fps.

SMS knew this after the first Project Cars game on OG Xbox One & S. They knew max grids & dynamic weather with very large grids would significantly effect the fps & physics on those 2 Xbox consoles. Throw in the new Live Track 3.0 & it adds to the issue. They should have incorporated smaller grid sizes for career for OG Xbox One & S. For whatever reason, they chose not to. It is what it is.

At least next generation, you won't have this problem. Phil Spencer has stated that the CPU & GPU will be much better matched next generation. Things like this probably won't happen at all next-generation.

I do fully understand what you are saying but it is still a bit of a kick in the teeth for the og owners with no recourse to upgrade to an X that a game advertised with all it's bells and whistles for the og cannot function 'fully' on that console. If SMS were aware that the game would struggle on the og then that hardly makes it easier for og owners to take.. quite the revers in fact. If they had qualified their statements about the game with some advice that the game would not run optimally on the og then people are forewarned and can make an informed decision on their purchase. That not being the case I do understand their angst. As I have said before I still greatly enjoyed my time with the game on the og but had many frustrating moments with it as well while I tried to work out the best way to get it to run without problems. I love the game though and the time septn finding the best way to get it to run was well worth it in the end before I migrated to the new box.

Lolzatron3155
01-08-2018, 08:53

Thatís the thing, I donít want to buy a new console. New or not. Consoles are worthless now. I want to buy a pc. But both are too expensive right now, and I donít really prefer spending that money on another console to enjoy a game that shouldíve been handled better for weaker hardware. Iíve had my og for three years now. Which isnít long, itís pointless buying another console if itís the games fault it wasnít optimised fully. If I had problems with most or all of my games, I would go ahead and save up for a new console.

trading standards
02-08-2018, 12:17
thing is even when you buy an xbox x the game still has its issues.don't listen to all these fanboys telling you to buy an x and game works perfect.live weather don't work, last 6 weeks uk had heat wave but at some circuits in uk on pc2 its raining ?.quick test is to check the weather at the track before starting the game then selecting that track and the weather does not match the actual weather.tyre physics on some cars feel like your driving on flat tyres.curbs and grass that drag you off track for no apparent reason.ai that just ram you out of the way.upgraded to x on day of release yes it improves the playability but far from perfect.

Zaskarspants
02-08-2018, 12:45
thing is even when you buy an xbox x the game still has its issues.don't listen to all these fanboys telling you to buy an x and game works perfect.live weather don't work, last 6 weeks uk had heat wave but at some circuits in uk on pc2 its raining ?.quick test is to check the weather at the track before starting the game then selecting that track and the weather does not match the actual weather.tyre physics on some cars feel like your driving on flat tyres.curbs and grass that drag you off track for no apparent reason.ai that just ram you out of the way.upgraded to x on day of release yes it improves the playability but far from perfect.

Live weather does not work on xbox because there is no live weather setting. Are you sure your xbox is not a pc?

edit - Perhaps you are thinking 'random' setting for weather is live?

edit2 - live weather only works on PC due to complicated stuff and restrictions by xb and ps network.

trading standards
02-08-2018, 13:57
Live weather does not work on xbox because there is no live weather setting. Are you sure your xbox is not a pc?

edit - Perhaps you are thinking 'random' setting for weather is live?

edit2 - live weather only works on PC due to complicated stuff and restrictions by xb and ps network.

so my post is correct live weather does not work on xbox x.and no my xbox x is not a pc and no random weather is not live hence the random weather patterns in game,just one more thing that was miss sold ho well.

Maskmagog
02-08-2018, 16:01
IIUC it's not possible to choose Live weather on consoles. It's a pc only feature.

Bealdor
02-08-2018, 21:55
so my post is correct live weather does not work on xbox x.and no my xbox x is not a pc and no random weather is not live hence the random weather patterns in game,just one more thing that was miss sold ho well.

Real weather in PCARS 2 isn't advertised anywhere, not even for the PC version at the Steam store.

nissan4ever
03-08-2018, 01:59
thing is even when you buy an xbox x the game still has its issues.don't listen to all these fanboys telling you to buy an x and game works perfect.live weather don't work, last 6 weeks uk had heat wave but at some circuits in uk on pc2 its raining ?.quick test is to check the weather at the track before starting the game then selecting that track and the weather does not match the actual weather.

That has nothing to do with Live Track 3.0

Lolzatron3155
03-08-2018, 02:41
That has nothing to do with Live Track 3.0

Heís saying that on consoles new or old regardless the game still has problems.

nissan4ever
03-08-2018, 02:49
He’s saying that on consoles new or old regardless the game still has problems.

That's not a problem if the current weather feature isn't even available on the console version. That's what I was quoting him on. I never mentioned anything about specific bugs. All I referenced is that grid size & weather isn't an issue on the X. Which it isn't (truly depends on your graphic setting preference. That can determine if there's any fps drop. I used Performance when I did play the game).

nissan4ever
04-08-2018, 09:53
Honestly, I haven't booted this game since patch 6.0. I really haven't played this game much since launch. That will change later tonight. I will make sure my wheel settings are right. Double check I have performance mode selected. Go straight to career. Spend about 2-3 hours on the game. See how the AI behavior is & bugs I might encounter.

Lolzatron3155
04-08-2018, 13:28
That's not a problem if the current weather feature isn't even available on the console version. That's what I was quoting him on. I never mentioned anything about specific bugs. All I referenced is that grid size & weather isn't an issue on the X. Which it isn't (truly depends on your graphic setting preference. That can determine if there's any fps drop. I used Performance when I did play the game).

Iím interested to know how much better the Xbox one X and S is compared to the og. In terms of just running this game. And if the car and track combinations that work well on the og work just as well on the newer consoles. Because apparently it still has some of the same issues.

Zaskarspants
04-08-2018, 14:18
I am not experiencing any issues of the 'og type' after upgrading from og about patch 4.

The xbox x scales it's output in res and frame rate at complex moments quite gracefully and I do not experience any weird effects with ffb.

I do recall rbr with 32 with a lambo hypercar had a first lap ffb issue but this was not a problem with 28, I have not tested recently to see if it is fixed.

Highest detail option will be the most likely to give noticeable frame rate drops during hectic moments such as first corner jostling.
High res appears to cause much fewer and high frame rate is very smooth at all times running at about 1080p.

Res scaling and frame rate scaling are present as in xb1 og but far less evident and intrusive. You also have the option of HDR on the X and loading times are up to twice as fast. The quality of the sound is much improved with the x having a more complex soundscape.

But what I noticed most was the improvement in the ffb over the og, I use a g920 and it felt like the wheel was upgraded with much more detail in the high frequencies and much more feeling of texture and contact patch movement.

nissan4ever
04-08-2018, 20:38
I’m interested to know how much better the Xbox one X and S is compared to the og. In terms of just running this game. And if the car and track combinations that work well on the og work just as well on the newer consoles. Because apparently it still has some of the same issues.

There's not much of a difference between OG & S. Just a couple frames per second. FFB & grid size issues are the same. There's a very big difference between OG & X. Game bugs are game bugs. But from a FFB, FPS, grid size & dynamic weather point of view. There's nothing like Xbox One X with graphics option set to performance flavor. It's what you've been missing on the OG.

To sum it up. If career mode & huge AI grids is your thing. Xbox One X is the way to go. A simple Google search of OG, S & X specs will easily let you see why Xbox One X is the best Xbox One console to play Project Cars 2 on the Xbox One platform. It is what it is.

You got to remember that Microsoft released the Xbox One X as a mid-generation refresh. It's not a true next-generation console. It's the best way to play the entire Xbox One catalog this generation. It's not for everyone. You definitely don't have to buy one.

Go look at Digital Foundry on YouTube. It's extremely easy to see why Xbox One X is the best way to finish out this generation. Higher resolution, much more stable fps (better graphics on Enhanced Titles). People may think their OG Xbox One or S plays their games just fine. But when you see their analysis...... it's so easy to see that the 2 lower Xbox One models really don't cut the mustard. Regular PS4 always beats OG Xbox One & S.

Lolzatron3155
05-08-2018, 23:08
There's not much of a difference between OG & S. Just a couple frames per second. FFB & grid size issues are the same. There's a very big difference between OG & X. Game bugs are game bugs. But from a FFB, FPS, grid size & dynamic weather point of view. There's nothing like Xbox One X with graphics option set to performance flavor. It's what you've been missing on the OG.

To sum it up. If career mode & huge AI grids is your thing. Xbox One X is the way to go. A simple Google search of OG, S & X specs will easily let you see why Xbox One X is the best Xbox One console to play Project Cars 2 on the Xbox One platform. It is what it is.

You got to remember that Microsoft released the Xbox One X as a mid-generation refresh. It's not a true next-generation console. It's the best way to play the entire Xbox One catalog this generation. It's not for everyone. You definitely don't have to buy one.

Go look at Digital Foundry on YouTube. It's extremely easy to see why Xbox One X is the best way to finish out this generation. Higher resolution, much more stable fps (better graphics on Enhanced Titles). People may think their OG Xbox One or S plays their games just fine. But when you see their analysis...... it's so easy to see that the 2 lower Xbox One models really don't cut the mustard. Regular PS4 always beats OG Xbox One & S.

I don’t really mind having big grids, I just want the game to work. With most of the cars. Obviously you can’t fix the cars that have bad physics and ffb, but I’m wondering if the cars like the Audi gt3 handles better with ai on the x than on og

nissan4ever
05-08-2018, 23:25
I don’t really mind having big grids, I just want the game to work. With most of the cars. Obviously you can’t fix the cars that have bad physics and ffb, but I’m wondering if the cars like the Audi gt3 handles better with ai on the x than on og

Well, unfortunately like a week ago. I finally sold my OG Xbox One & Xbox One S. So I can't do a comparison with those 2 consoles anymore. However, in the morning after I get off work. I can check out that car compared to other GT3 cars and give you my thoughts on that. Fair enough? You got a particular track in mind and grid size?

Lolzatron3155
05-08-2018, 23:46
Well, unfortunately like a week ago. I finally sold my OG Xbox One & Xbox One S. So I can't do a comparison with those 2 consoles anymore. However, in the morning after I get off work. I can check out that car compared to other GT3 cars and give you my thoughts on that. Fair enough? You got a particular track in mind and grid size?

Mainly at donnington or spa. You can try any number from 10-20. Btw how much did you sell your og for?

nissan4ever
06-08-2018, 01:24
Mainly at donnington or spa. You can try any number from 10-20. Btw how much did you sell your og for?

I sold my OG & S to two different co-workers. For $60 each. I'll run at Spa with 20 GT3 AI when I get off work in the morning.

Lolzatron3155
06-08-2018, 01:54
I sold my OG & S to two different co-workers. For $60 each. I'll run at Spa with 20 GT3 AI when I get off work in the morning.

Ok nice, I appreciate it. Iíll continue to do some testing of my own just to gather some more info on the og.

nissan4ever
06-08-2018, 13:05

Okay. I went to Spa/8 am/light clouds/summer/today's date/real time dynamic time. Now I'm very rusty! After about 1 hr of seat time against the AI (first time driving the Audi GT3). I was running fair laps against the AI. My lap time & physics & FFB were consistent with AI grid going from 10, 20 & 25. I was going to do 30 AI grid. However I'm just too sleepy after working 3rd shift.

I Was Using Enhanced Framerate For Graphics Flavor

Hammerpgh
06-08-2018, 16:58
Okay. I went to Spa/8 am/light clouds/summer/today's date/real time dynamic time. Now I'm very rusty! After about 1 hr of seat time against the AI (first time driving the Audi GT3). I was running fair laps against the AI. My lap time & physics & FFB were consistent with AI grid going from 10, 20 & 25. I was going to do 30 AI grid. However I'm just too sleepy after working 3rd shift.
I found on the og that once you took the AI above 14 the Audi physics went to crap. That was at Nurburgring where all other GT3's were fine. I'm away at the moment and not back until next week but will test it at that point on my X.

Lolzatron3155
06-08-2018, 23:48
I found on the og that once you took the AI above 14 the Audi physics went to crap. That was at Nurburgring where all other GT3's were fine. I'm away at the moment and not back until next week but will test it at that point on my X.

Interesting. Nissan said that he wasnít experiencing any problems, or hadnít experienced any problems with ai handling. I wonder if it only affects Xbox one Xís and OGís that are a few years older.

nissan4ever
07-08-2018, 01:16
Interesting. Nissan said that he wasn’t experiencing any problems, or hadn’t experienced any problems with ai handling. I wonder if it only affects Xbox one X’s and OG’s that are a few years older.

He said he found on OG with above 14 AI, he saw the audi physics mess up. He still needed to do the X. When he gets back home next week. Provided he uses Enhanced Framerate, he'll get the exact same results as I did.

I only did the X & it was just fine.

Lolzatron3155
07-08-2018, 01:40
He said he found on OG with above 14 AI, he saw the audi physics mess up. He still needed to do the X. When he gets back home next week. Provided he uses Enhanced Framerate, he'll get the exact same results as I did.

I only did the X & it was just fine.

Sorry, stupidly misread that. Also last weekend I did some more testing in gt3’s. It seems like the gte’s actually work better. The sls amg was fine, I thought at least. This was with 10 ai. Anything over was bad.

nissan4ever
09-08-2018, 18:06
Okay. I went to Spa/14:00/medium clouds/summer/today's date/real time dynamic time. This time I used the FULL 31 AI GRID. I was using ENHANCED FRAMERATE for my graphics flavor. Game framerate was buttery smooth & the physics for the Audi were spot on.

Lolzatron3155, if you can get a Xbox One X. By all means do so. It just won't matter about the grid size or weather if you're doing career or custom race events. Your physics & framerate will be just fine.

You'll be able to fully enjoy this game from that aspect without worrying about grid size & your car physics. Just remember, I recommend Enhanced Framerate for the best possible fps experience. IMO, what good is eye candy of the other graphic flavors with large grids if you get any fps drop?

Lolzatron3155
09-08-2018, 23:04
Okay. I went to Spa/14:00/medium clouds/summer/today's date/real time dynamic time. This time I used the FULL 31 AI GRID. I was using ENHANCED FRAMERATE for my graphics flavor. Game framerate was buttery smooth & the physics for the Audi were spot on.

Lolzatron3155, if you can get a Xbox One X. By all means do so. It just won't matter about the grid size or weather if you're doing career or custom race events. Your physics & framerate will be just fine.

You'll be able to fully enjoy this game from that aspect without worrying about grid size & your car physics. Just remember, I recommend Enhanced Framerate for the best possible fps experience. IMO, what good is eye candy of the other graphic flavors with large grids if you get any fps drop?

Thanks again. Two questions, how can you access enhanced frame rate? is it an option in settings or in game? Second thing is how much does a base Xbox one x go for? Probably a lot more than an The og did which was about $300.

nissan4ever
10-08-2018, 01:01
Thanks again. Two questions, how can you access enhanced frame rate? is it an option in settings or in game? Second thing is how much does a base Xbox one x go for? Probably a lot more than an The og did which was about $300.

Your Graphic Bias is in game under visual FX.

Xbox One X is $500 US. Unless you catch it on sale. There's no base model. All the same unless you buy one bundled with a game. It should still be for the same price as well.

There's a lot of games that are enhanced that gives you the option to pick a graphic setting. They usually only have 2 choices. I typically find myself going for framerate if it's an option. Either says framerate or it will say performance. PC2 has 3 choices.

Lolzatron3155
10-08-2018, 10:32
Your Graphic Bias is in game under visual FX.

Xbox One X is $500 US. Unless you catch it on sale. There's no base model. All the same unless you buy one bundled with a game. It should still be for the same price as well.

There's a lot of games that are enhanced that gives you the option to pick a graphic setting. They usually only have 2 choices. I typically find myself going for framerate if it's an option. Either says framerate or it will say performance. PC2 has 3 choices.

Wow, jeez. If it’s $500 US it’s probably going to be a hell of a lot more in Australia. I mean I’m not saying it’s not worth it but yeah. That’s almost more than my whole sim rig with the headphones.

It is cool how they have an option for that though.

nissan4ever
10-08-2018, 21:07
Wow, jeez. If it’s $500 US it’s probably going to be a hell of a lot more in Australia. I mean I’m not saying it’s not worth it but yeah. That’s almost more than my whole sim rig with the headphones.

It is cool how they have an option for that though.

Look, your whole Xbox One game library will benefit from an Xbox One X. It would take you owning one & playing games that you've played to death to see what I'm talking about. You would instantly be able to tell. You'd be completely happy with your purchase.

Lolzatron3155
10-08-2018, 22:58
Look, your whole Xbox One game library will benefit from an Xbox One X. It would take you owning one & playing games that you've played to death to see what I'm talking about. You would instantly be able to tell. You'd be completely happy with your purchase.

Yeah, the thing is Iím not in a good position to buy something that expensive right now. I will try in future however, or I would just get a pc.

nissan4ever
11-08-2018, 09:12
Yeah, the thing is I’m not in a good position to buy something that expensive right now. I will try in future however, or I would just get a pc.

I'm pretty sure that when the next generation consoles come out. CPU issues will be a thing of the past. Phil Spencer has stated that the CPU will be much better paired with the GPU. Big problem this current generation on some games. Like PC1 & PC2 this generation on OG Xbox One & S.

Lolzatron3155
11-08-2018, 13:23
I'm pretty sure that when the next generation consoles come out. CPU issues will be a thing of the past. Phil Spencer has stated that the CPU will be much better paired with the GPU. Big problem this current generation on some games. Like PC1 & PC2 this generation on OG Xbox One & S.

I see. Well we can only hope I guess. Anyway after some more testing with different cars and tracks, anything above 9 ai for the og will be the breaking point for the physics. So I guess itís a no for the original question of do the physics change depending on track. I also tested weather and different conditions, times of day ect. It was all good. I did however feel my ffb get lighter whenever I raced the ai though. So I donít know what to do about that.

trading standards
15-08-2018, 13:21

PROBLEMS ONLY WITH SMS GAMES SMELLS FISHY

ShneebnaMRR108
15-08-2018, 15:32
If you're going to spend some money, buy a PC with an Intel CPU.

nissan4ever
15-08-2018, 16:55

Go look at Digital Foundry videos on YouTube. There's a bunch of games on OG Xbox One & S that don't preform well. Including a little bit of games that are CPU intensive on Xbox One X.

You saying only SMS games is too funny. Sniper Elite 3 running on my old OG Xbox One had screen tearing galore. Playing it on my X with no enhancements patch..... no screen tearing.

Lolzatron3155
15-08-2018, 23:54

I guess itís the way the developers make the game. They can either work with the limits or make it on something stronger and more capable. Thereís no shortcuts if they decide to develop it on the og. So far I havenít come across any games that hadnít worked well on the og apart from this.

Lolzatron3155
16-08-2018, 00:00
If you're going to spend some money, buy a PC with an Intel CPU.

Yeah, the next step will definitely be a pc. I would need to learn more about CPU however.

Trippul G
16-08-2018, 00:35
Go look at Digital Foundry videos on YouTube. There's a bunch of games on OG Xbox One & S that don't preform well. Including a little bit of games that are CPU intensive on Xbox One X.

You saying only SMS games is too funny. Sniper Elite 3 running on my old OG Xbox One had screen tearing galore. Playing it on my X with no enhancements patch..... no screen tearing.

But we're not talking about graphical issues with PCARS2, are we? If it was just that, or some dropped frames when things get heavy, or having to dynamically lower the resolution, I could live with that. No problem.

But I have yet to come across another game where, when things get computationally intense, the controls become fundamentally altered, to the point where in-game objects behave in bizarre manners, totally defying what the player has been built up to expect under normal circumstances.

SMS need to find a way to make this right for their customers. Expecting everyone to "upgrade" to an X1X or a PC is utter nonsense.

nissan4ever
16-08-2018, 01:22
But we're not talking about graphical issues with PCARS2, are we? If it was just that, or some dropped frames when things get heavy, or having to dynamically lower the resolution, I could live with that. No problem.

But I have yet to come across another game where, when things get computationally intense, the controls become fundamentally altered, to the point where in-game objects behave in bizarre manners, totally defying what the player has been built up to expect under normal circumstances.

SMS need to find a way to make this right for their customers. Expecting everyone to "upgrade" to an X1X or a PC is utter nonsense.

Unfortunately, this game needs more resources to run smoothly than what OG Xbox One & S can handle correctly. XB1X or PC is the best way to go. Just like the PS4 Pro is the way to go for this game in Playstation land as well.

Trippul G
16-08-2018, 03:50
Unfortunately, this game needs more resources to run smoothly than what OG Xbox One & S can handle correctly. XB1X or PC is the best way to go. Just like the PS4 Pro is the way to go for this game in Playstation land as well.

In the game's current form, that may be true. But that's just it. I refuse to believe that SMS are powerless to do anything to fix this issue. Granted, I have no inside knowledge of the game, but I can not believe that there is no combination of assets that could be optimized, or code streamlined, or shortcuts taken or approximations that could be made, which would allow for gameplay to carry on in such a way that it would be minimally noticeable to the driver.

At the absolute minimum, SMS could implement the ability to limit grid sizes in career mode. So far, for whatever reason, they've chosen not to do so.

It comes down to this: I don't care that the X1X runs the game better. That's irrelevant to me. I have no plans to get one. I bought the game for Xbox. The game is advertised as being supported on the Xbox platform. This implies OG, S, and X are all supported equally, and a similar experience can be had on each. Because of this handling issue, that is not the case. That, to me, is not acceptable.

nissan4ever
16-08-2018, 05:12
At the absolute minimum, SMS could implement the ability to limit grid sizes in career mode. So far, for whatever reason, they've chosen not to do so.

That's why I only played the game very briefly on my Xbox One S at lauch. I already pre-ordered my Xbox One X the moment I could earlier last year. I knew the game would run right on it. With the 6 tera flops & over clocked cpu. Finding out later on that we would get the Enhanced Framerate graphic bias setting was the icing in the cake.

When I pre-ordered my Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition. I wanted my whole Xbox One library to run the best it could.

Yes, they need to give you grid size options in career!

Trippul G
09-09-2018, 01:40
I fear I already know the answer, but...any updates on this? Do we know if SMS are even trying to figure out a solution? Has any staff member even acknowledged that this is an ongoing problem?

For that matter, does anyone from SMS even read these boards?

Mahjik
09-09-2018, 14:28
I fear I already know the answer, but...any updates on this? Do we know if SMS are even trying to figure out a solution? Has any staff member even acknowledged that this is an ongoing problem?

It was made better with the last patch. If it can be made even better, SMS will do so...

Yep, I've seen staff members reading the board literally every day for the last 2 weeks.

Lolzatron3155
09-09-2018, 23:03

I don’t think they can “fix” this. This is a problem with the Xbox ones hardware, and they’ve probably realised now that the game can’t really run on here. But I’m surprised they haven’t admitted this earlier. They haven’t said much it.

Lolzatron3155
09-09-2018, 23:05
Still I feel it was partially sms’ fault as well as Microsoft’s. SMS should’ve either worked with limitations or not bothered. Microsoft should’ve made the one stronger for future games. I mean the 360 lasted for years. At least mine did, no problems with any games at all.

Trippul G
10-09-2018, 02:41
It was made better with the last patch. If it can be made even better, SMS will do so...

"Better" how? From my perspective, it seems like it's been made different (i.e. the issue manifests itself in a slightly different way now than it did originally), but it seems highly subjective as to whether "different" equals "better" in this case.

Still I feel it was partially sms’ fault as well as Microsoft’s. SMS should’ve either worked with limitations or not bothered. Microsoft should’ve made the one stronger for future games. I mean the 360 lasted for years. At least mine did, no problems with any games at all.

I can't see how it's Microsoft's fault, tbh. Every game system has limitations that need to be worked within, whether it's a Wii, a Game Boy, an Xbox, a PS4 Pro or the latest high-end PC. The system sets up the boundaries, and it's up to the developers to make their game work within those boundaries. I look at it like if you're a racing driver, and you're qualifying at COTA and your time is deleted because you went all 4 wheels over the white line at turn 19...you can't blame Hermann Tilke for designing a track that doesn't accommodate your desired driving line. It's up to you to work within the confines of the track, just like
it's up to SMS to make their game work within the confines of the Xbox One architecture. Every other game I've played on it seems able to do it, without portions of the game being unplayable. But not this one.

nissan4ever
10-09-2018, 02:52

False. Pretty much all games on Xbox 360 couldn't keep a stable frame rate at all. Except for games like Forza. Even Halo wasn't a rock solid 60 fps. Some games would dip 15 frames or lower than the target.

Lolzatron3155
10-09-2018, 05:54
"Better" how? From my perspective, it seems like it's been made different (i.e. the issue manifests itself in a slightly different way now than it did originally), but it seems highly subjective as to whether "different" equals "better" in this case.

I can't see how it's Microsoft's fault, tbh. Every game system has limitations that need to be worked within, whether it's a Wii, a Game Boy, an Xbox, a PS4 Pro or the latest high-end PC. The system sets up the boundaries, and it's up to the developers to make their game work within those boundaries. I look at it like if you're a racing driver, and you're qualifying at COTA and your time is deleted because you went all 4 wheels over the white line at turn 19...you can't blame Hermann Tilke for designing a track that doesn't accommodate your desired driving line. It's up to you to work within the confines of the track, just like
it's up to SMS to make their game work within the confines of the Xbox One architecture. Every other game I've played on it seems able to do it, without portions of the game being unplayable. But not this one.

Yeah good point. Not really Microsoftís fault I guess. SMS couldíve easily tried to work within the limits

Lolzatron3155
10-09-2018, 05:55
False. Pretty much all games on Xbox 360 couldn't keep a stable frame rate at all. Except for games like Forza. Even Halo wasn't a rock solid 60 fps. Some games would dip 15 frames or lower than the target.

Really? Is it noticeable? Because to me it isn’t. GTA, forza, halo, cod they all work perfectly. Even if they’re a few frames under it isn’t obvious like in pcars 2. And that’s on the one, so it should work better. My one has been the same as my 360, apart from when I bought pcars 2

Bealdor
11-09-2018, 06:14
We've seen reports that patch 7 seems to have improved this. Please check it out again and report your findings.

Trippul G
13-09-2018, 21:47
We've seen reports that patch 7 seems to have improved this. Please check it out again and report your findings.

It's definitely not fixed, and it doesn't feel any better now than it did prior to patch 7.

Custom Race
COTA National
Cayman GT4
Current Date
15:00
Medium Cloud
15 min practice session
Stable setup, 30L fuel

With 15 opponents or less, I can consistently put in laps in the low to mid 1:39s.

With 16 opponents or more, I can't even finish a lap without spinning, running off track, smashing into a wall, or all of the above. Coming out of low speed corners, the car wants to spin as you get back on the throttle. Medium speed corners, the car wants to push wide, until it doesn't and then it snaps into oversteer.

This has effectively ended my ability to progress in the GT4 championship in my career.

*edit*

15 opponents felt ok at first, then as I got about 5-10 minutes into the session, the car gradually became less and less stable, to the point where it was undrivable. I just finished a 20 min practice session with 14 opponents, and was again able to drive comfortably and hit my normal lap times. So it seems like 14 opponents (15 cars total) is the limit in this case.

marcoma
14-09-2018, 11:21
Its bad. Career is unplayable. On single race with 19 opponents the force feedback is clipping bad depending on the track/car. Tested with the corvette z06 on donnington and the max opponents without clipping is 4 maybe 6. Of course this affects handling as well.

nissan4ever
14-09-2018, 11:32
Unfortunately, this's game's physics & live track 3.0 are just to demanding for OG Xbox One & S. This is so unfortunate for some of you. It seems like no patch will get you on the same page as Xbox One X.

Richie Padalino
14-09-2018, 12:39
SMS,
This problem has been there from the very beginning, and has not been made any better, at least not significantly. It's clear that it is unfixable for the OG Xbox & the S. I think you need to admit this fact, let it go, if after all this time of actually trying to fix it, this is the amount of progress, I think you need to admit defeat.
So........ you need to add the ability to choose grid sizes in Career. In fact, you kind of have to, as currently the game you produced on the format that you released it on, half of the career can not actually be played, at all. A simple solution to this, reducing the grid sizes, then at least the Xbox players that this effects will be able to at least play the whole career in some shape or form. I think, to be honest, that's the least you should do.
In fact, you could have done this when the problem occurred in the first place, and then tried to fix the problem behind the scenes same as you have done. I'd say a lot of people would have been more than placated with purely an option to reduce the grid size, so it actually would have helped yourselves really, just adding this simple option.

nissan4ever
14-09-2018, 12:43
SMS,
This problem has been there from the very beginning, and has not been made any better, at least not significantly. It's clear that it is unfixable for the OG Xbox & the S. I think you need to admit this fact, let it go, if after all this time of actually trying to fix it, this is the amount of progress, I think you need to admit defeat.
So........ you need to add the ability to choose grid sizes in Career. In fact, you kind of have to, as currently the game you produced on the format that you released it on, half of the career can not actually be played, at all. A simple solution to this, reducing the grid sizes, then at least the Xbox players that this effects will be able to at least play the whole career in some shape or form. I think, to be honest, that's the least you should do.
In fact, you could have done this when the problem occurred in the first place, and then tried to fix the problem behind the scenes same as you have done. I'd say a lot of people would have been more than placated with purely an option to reduce the grid size, so it actually would have helped yourselves really, just adding this simple option.

I agree. Makes sense. The game can tell if you're on a Xbox One X for the Graphic Bias choices. Why not for career grid sizes.

OddTimer
17-09-2018, 10:11
SMS,

Totally agree with this. Xbox players have to be given the chance to fully enjoy the career mode.

Stewy32
17-09-2018, 18:05
Its bad. Career is unplayable. On single race with 19 opponents the force feedback is clipping bad depending on the track/car. Tested with the corvette z06 on donnington and the max opponents without clipping is 4 maybe 6. Of course this affects handling as well.

Career you can go from Tier 6-Tier 1,just with a lot of RX,so it is playable.

Lolzatron3155
18-09-2018, 05:06
SMS,

Yeah it ruins the experience. The games still fun, but only being able to run 9 or less ai is just annoying. Iíve constantly had problems with the game. Itís been the most annoying.

Trippul G
19-09-2018, 17:50
Career you can go from Tier 6-Tier 1,just with a lot of RX,so it is playable.

Sure, it's playable in the strictest sense of the word, in that you can give input, and the game responds, but it's not exactly enjoyable. Confining your career to one very specific path is not what SMS had in mind, and it's not what any of us signed up for when we bought the game.

Nearly one year on, it's pretty clear to me that this issue is never going to be "fixed". SMS need to own it, step up, and give us an option to control grid size in career. It's not ideal, but it's the best option at this point.

grrrillapmp
19-09-2018, 18:05
Honestly, I don't think they care.

sas5320
20-09-2018, 00:28
They had a year to prove they did care about this major issue

cxMilk
20-09-2018, 19:05
I'm just gonna put this here and quietly back away before I get mauled for saying it, but...

...it's just yet another reason why offline custom championships should be a thing.

My single player experience is beginning to come undone because of this issue as well and QRW's aren't exactly a proper substitute for career. I'm tempted to go back and finish up my career in pCars1 instead. But yes, grid size control in career would be welcomed with open arms.

I don't think we're going to see it though and my reasoning is based on something I remember reading with regards to scripted weather in career mode. Have no desire to hunt down the actual quote, but it was something along the lines, if memory serves, that SMS had no desire to implement random weather in career mode because they wanted all career players to be on a level playing field. Weak argument in my opinion, but whatever. Of course, the argument can easily be made that us OG xbox1 players are not on an even playing field with the rest of the career players so at this point does it really matter if a grid size control is implemented?

Trippul G
21-09-2018, 20:18
I'm just gonna put this here and quietly back away before I get mauled for saying it, but...

...it's just yet another reason why offline custom championships should be a thing.

My single player experience is beginning to come undone because of this issue as well and QRW's aren't exactly a proper substitute for career. I'm tempted to go back and finish up my career in pCars1 instead. But yes, grid size control in career would be welcomed with open arms.

I don't think we're going to see it though and my reasoning is based on something I remember reading with regards to scripted weather in career mode. Have no desire to hunt down the actual quote, but it was something along the lines, if memory serves, that SMS had no desire to implement random weather in career mode because they wanted all career players to be on a level playing field. Weak argument in my opinion, but whatever. Of course, the argument can easily be made that us OG xbox1 players are not on an even playing field with the rest of the career players so at this point does it really matter if a grid size control is implemented?

I remember that sentiment being put forth as well. A level playing field? OG Xbox One players aren't even at the stadium, for crying out loud. We're stuck 40 miles outside of town, in traffic, on a broken-down bus on a one lane road that leads to the parking lot.

foxymop
23-09-2018, 06:07
You want a full carrer? Buy PC3! It will be fixed there! For sure! Why bug fixing when they can make another game and fix it there?
You just have to buy it!
It will have more bugs and problems? Yes!
Will they be fixed? Yes, in PC 4! Amazing!

Konan
23-09-2018, 08:24
You want a full carrer? Buy PC3! It will be fixed there! For sure! Why bug fixing when they can make another game and fix it there?
You just have to buy it!

No need for that sarcasm...

grrrillapmp
23-09-2018, 11:53
Every need for it.

Helped me laughed at the fact I was lied to, taken for my money, and ultimately told to kick rocks.

Sometimes you gotta laugh to keep from crying. Thanks @foxymop

Konan
23-09-2018, 14:16
Every need for it.

Helped me laughed at the fact I was lied to, taken for my money, and ultimately told to kick rocks.

Sometimes you gotta laugh to keep from crying. Thanks @foxymop

Yeah well we all know how you think about the game... i don't think there has been one positive comment from your side so the previous one played right into your cards...
Putting that aside,if you keep on accusing SMS of being thiefs and liars i'll treat you on a free holiday... Courtesy of SMS...

Trippul G
23-09-2018, 17:20
You just have to buy it!

Joking aside, I don't think this handling issue is a bug, tbh. Calling it such implies that it's something that can be fixed. After 7 patches, the fact that it's still around, causing problems and rendering OG Xbox One players' careers largely unplayable, says to me that it's a fundamental design flaw, and that it can't be fixed without a rewrite of much of the core game. That's not going to happen at least until there's a sequel, if ever.

Our best option, in my eyes, remains adding an option to limit grid sizes in career...though at this point, I don't have much hope that that'll ever happen, either.

Lolzatron3155
26-09-2018, 09:35
Joking aside, I don't think this handling issue is a bug, tbh. Calling it such implies that it's something that can be fixed. After 7 patches, the fact that it's still around, causing problems and rendering OG Xbox One players' careers largely unplayable, says to me that it's a fundamental design flaw, and that it can't be fixed without a rewrite of much of the core game. That's not going to happen at least until there's a sequel, if ever.

Our best option, in my eyes, remains adding an option to limit grid sizes in career...though at this point, I don't have much hope that that'll ever happen, either.

Look without picking sides and being aggressive, Iím going to say this. SMS chose to release it on a less powerful console without adapting it. Many companies donít do that, they make sure it works, sure there are day one bugs and stuff but theyíre bugs, not permanent problems. They are easily fixed.

They had a choice to leave it for pc only and they didnít. So therefore itís on them. However I blame myself partially for buying it Day one. Without waiting a few months or so. Regardless itís still fun, but it feels dumbed down compared to other games because of the limitations.

aqswdefly
22-10-2018, 01:33
Look without picking sides and being aggressive, Iím going to say this. SMS chose to release it on a less powerful console without adapting it. Many companies donít do that, they make sure it works, sure there are day one bugs and stuff but theyíre bugs, not permanent problems. They are easily fixed.

They had a choice to leave it for pc only and they didnít. So therefore itís on them. However I blame myself partially for buying it Day one. Without waiting a few months or so. Regardless itís still fun, but it feels dumbed down compared to other games because of the limitations.

Thank you. Somebody making sense. For instance pcars 1 was announced for ps3, ps4, x360, x1 and pc. Halfway through development they dropped it for ps3 and x360

Blaming the console and not SMS is extremely stupid while there are 1000's of other games working perfectly on it and please stop kidding yourselves with the more demanding physics than any other game argument.

nissan4ever
22-10-2018, 02:53
Thank you. Somebody making sense. For instance pcars 1 was announced for ps3, ps4, x360, x1 and pc. Halfway through development they dropped it for ps3 and x360

Blaming the console and not SMS is extremely stupid while there are 1000's of other games working perfectly on it and please stop kidding yourselves with the more demanding physics than any other game argument.

Not true. There are a lot of games that run at a lower resolution & frame rate on OG Xbox One & S. Compared to the Xbox One X. All you got to do is see comparison videos on Digital Foundry. That includes the new COD game. Compared to the Xbox One X. COD resolution & frame rate is terrible on the other Xbox One models. Same with upcoming Battlefield V.

This isn't the case with first party titles. Mainly 3rd party games suffer from this.

aqswdefly
22-10-2018, 15:58
Not true. There are a lot of games that run at a lower resolution & frame rate on OG Xbox One & S. Compared to the Xbox One X. All you got to do is see comparison videos on Digital Foundry. That includes the new COD game. Compared to the Xbox One X. COD resolution & frame rate is terrible on the other Xbox One models. Same with upcoming Battlefield V.

This isn't the case with first party titles. Mainly 3rd party games suffer from this.

Lower res is totally fine...you cannot expect the same playing on the One S as compared to the X and most of the examples stated above most people wouldn't even know the difference unless played side by side.

Mention one game that is broken so bad you cannot even play the career.

skcusIHC
22-10-2018, 22:02
I own both the OG & the One X. I really don't see how anyone can spin it that the PC2 game on the OG isn't broken. It literally fits the definition.

It's not about resolution & frame rate...that has nothing to do with what people have been griping about for over a year now.

For the people who bought this game on the OG for the main purpose of playing through a tiered career or playing large grid endurance races...they got ripped off. What was advertised to them is not available in a reasonable fashion. What I experienced was the physics going so bonkers that I couldn't complete races without tip toeing around in fear of a spin. I also had to nerf FFB because anything "normal" would result in crazy shaking and trying to shake the house down at times.

As soon as I got the X, those problems went away and I returned to the clean & smooth racer that I knew I was. There is nothing I could adjust to make things better on the OG outside of nerfing FFB or using a controller. Those are clearly not reasonable solutions for a racing sim.

The excuses and denial have gotten old.

Limiting the field on the OG Xbox seemed like a no brainer to me. If it was my ship to sail, I'd be concerned about how many people will never give a Project Cars game another look. There's certainly been many people who don't know why they can't complete races without spins, or simply don't care to investigate why the handling is rubbish. That person certainly couldn't have left PC2 with a positive opinion.

nissan4ever
23-10-2018, 01:52
Lower res is totally fine...you cannot expect the same playing on the One S as compared to the X and most of the examples stated above most people wouldn't even know the difference unless played side by side.

Mention one game that is broken so bad you cannot even play the career.

It's not broken. Your weak OG Xbox One or S console can't handle it. That's like playing this game on an inferior spec'd PC.

sas5320
23-10-2018, 03:45
Yes, you're repeating yourself. Why was it released to an "inferior spec" machine? That is the question.

nissan4ever
23-10-2018, 05:06
Yes, you're repeating yourself. Why was it released to an "inferior spec" machine? That is the question.

This whole generation, the launch Xbox One has been the inferior console. It's not nothing new. SMS is only going to do one version of the game. Like any developer would do. They not going to change anything about the game. Just because one console can't handle large grids. They will try to optimize it the best they can. PC2 will never run large grids correctly on OG Xbox One or S. That's the very reason why at launch, I only put in 3 hrs on PC2 on my Xbox One S. It ran poorly with large grids. I knew I had the X coming in Nov. I figured game would run right on it & it does.

Hammerpgh
23-10-2018, 13:01

Only just catching up with this thread so have had a lot of reading to do lol.

This issue is not really about framerate though it's about how the handling 'changes' on the OG and S once the number of AI go above a certain level and the fact that in career it's pretty much unplayable due to the inability to limit the AI numbers. I never had any of these type of problems in any game on the 360, yes graphically I had games that performed inferior to others but none where the game physics changed.

I am one of those fortunate souls that have upgraded to the One X so I can see how great the game runs on that but it doesn't take away from the fact it was released on the OG and a lot of people have been unable to enjoy it due to this problem. I can understand why they feel misled in that respect.

I just don't get why SMS have refused to give the option to reduce the AI numbers in career or at least explained why they won't / cant.

Schnizz58
23-10-2018, 16:13
PC2 will never run large grids correctly on OG Xbox One or S.

I think they could have told people this up front.

Trippul G
24-10-2018, 03:20
It's not broken. Your weak OG Xbox One or S console can't handle it. That's like playing this game on an inferior spec'd PC.

Yeah, only it's really not like that.

On PC, there are recommended system specs, and minimum system specs. If you go below the stated minimum specs then it's on you, the customer, to accept that the game likely will not work properly with your hardware, and you'll need to either upgrade or not buy the game. You know ahead of time what the deal is.

With consoles, THERE ARE NO MINIMUM SPECS. If the game is advertised for sale for that type of console, then it is perfectly reasonable to expect all aspects of it to work reasonably well. We're not talking about resolution or frame rates, like you seem to enjoy continually bringing up.

We're talking about playing a game, on a system on which it was advertised for sale, and literally not being able to play more than a fraction of the career mode because the handling of the cars goes berserk. Nothing about that says "reasonably well" to me. There was no mention of anything like this before launch, no warning given to OG Xbox One players that their game might not work as intended, nothing. Had they done so, they (and their apologists) might have a leg to stand on.

However, no such statement was made. This leads one to assume one of two things: either they knew about this problem and knew that they were releasing the game on a console that was not capable of delivering the experience they were advertising (and went ahead and released it anyway); or they didn't know, and found out along with the rest of the world as players uncovered the problem.

Either way, it reflects poorly on SMS as a company, even more so when one considers that they've had over a year to fix the problem, and have been either unable or unwilling to do so. As far as I'm aware, they haven't even so much as publicly acknowledged that the problem even exists. That, to me, speaks volumes.

Suppose I were to go out and buy an X. Great, now PC2 runs as intended. Development on PC3 begins, but unbeknownst to you, it's being developed with the capabilities of the as-yet unannounced PS5 in mind. It'll run on the X, but it'll have problems with some things because it will, by then, be considered "inferior hardware". Do you see now why that argument is ridiculous?

You can not blame the end user in a situation like this. It is undeniably, 100% on SMS to make this problem right. And if they won't or can't, then the respectable thing to do would be to tell their customers why not.

Leaving us hanging, with neither an explanation nor a solution, is both disappointing, and insulting.

nissan4ever
24-10-2018, 07:11
Yeah, only it's really not like that.

On PC, there are recommended system specs, and minimum system specs. If you go below the stated minimum specs then it's on you, the customer, to accept that the game likely will not work properly with your hardware, and you'll need to either upgrade or not buy the game. You know ahead of time what the deal is.

With consoles, THERE ARE NO MINIMUM SPECS. If the game is advertised for sale for that type of console, then it is perfectly reasonable to expect all aspects of it to work reasonably well. We're not talking about resolution or frame rates, like you seem to enjoy continually bringing up.

We're talking about playing a game, on a system on which it was advertised for sale, and literally not being able to play more than a fraction of the career mode because the handling of the cars goes berserk. Nothing about that says "reasonably well" to me. There was no mention of anything like this before launch, no warning given to OG Xbox One players that their game might not work as intended, nothing. Had they done so, they (and their apologists) might have a leg to stand on.

However, no such statement was made. This leads one to assume one of two things: either they knew about this problem and knew that they were releasing the game on a console that was not capable of delivering the experience they were advertising (and went ahead and released it anyway); or they didn't know, and found out along with the rest of the world as players uncovered the problem.

Either way, it reflects poorly on SMS as a company, even more so when one considers that they've had over a year to fix the problem, and have been either unable or unwilling to do so. As far as I'm aware, they haven't even so much as publicly acknowledged that the problem even exists. That, to me, speaks volumes.

Suppose I were to go out and buy an X. Great, now PC2 runs as intended. Development on PC3 begins, but unbeknownst to you, it's being developed with the capabilities of the as-yet unannounced PS5 in mind. It'll run on the X, but it'll have problems with some things because it will, by then, be considered "inferior hardware". Do you see now why that argument is ridiculous?

You can not blame the end user in a situation like this. It is undeniably, 100% on SMS to make this problem right. And if they won't or can't, then the respectable thing to do would be to tell their customers why not.

Leaving us hanging, with neither an explanation nor a solution, is both disappointing, and insulting.

You know how many games have shipped with terrible bugs or performance issues. Some which never get fixed. Therefore end up with the same result as this game. They made one game & ported it to the PC, PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Xbox One S & Xbox One X. There's only 2 consoles that don't cut the mustard. Xbox One & Xbox One S. It's the slow cpu & low gpu. Blame it on Microsoft for not designing the Xbox One with gaming as the priority. They dropped the ball this gen.

Nothing SMS can do to change it without changing the game code. Otherwise they would have done it by now. Or implemented it in the first place. There's nothing to talk about. Xbox One is the weakest console this gen (excluding the Xbox One X). It was a known fact. You bought it instead of a PS4. That's on you & everyone else. I had both Xbox One models. Glad I got rid of my Xbox One & S. Glad I got an ☓. All of my games benefit from the stronger Xbox One X console.

Framerate does matter. If the game is running in the 40's with max grids & with or without weather. on OG Xbox One. That means the game engine is being stressed. It's dropping frames. If it's dropping frames into the low 40's. The physics engine definitely won't be running right either. It's all tied in together.

You people just notice it more on this game than any other game. Because it's having a dire effect on the physics engine on this game. Which is far more complex this time around.

As far as PC3 goes if there is one. I'll already have the next gen Xbox (not getting PS5). Therefore I'm not worried about my Xbox One X being inferior. I will have already upgraded.

Trippul G
24-10-2018, 09:36
Xbox One is the weakest console this gen (excluding the Xbox One X). It was a known fact. You bought it instead of a PS4. That's on you & everyone else. I had one & glad I got rid of my Xbox One & S. Glad I got an ☓.

Yes, we get it, you purchased an X because you're extremely clever and you enjoy reminding us all of that, every chance you get.

I don't know why you insist on making excuses for SMS, but if you really think that the current state of the game is ok, and that upgrading to an X is a reasonable solution for everyone on an OG or S...then frankly, you're delusional, and I don't know what else to say to you.

The fact that other games have bugs and performance issues does not make it ok that this one does as well. The game was advertised to work on the Xbox platform. While it is reasonable to expect that OG and S will not play the game at the same resolution as the X, or have comparable frame rates, it is in no way reasonable to have to accept that ~75% of career mode is unplayable, simply because of the platform I own. Upgrading to an X should be an OPTION, if I want to experience higher graphical fidelity. It should NOT be a requirement just so I can play what was advertised on the box.

nissan4ever
24-10-2018, 11:42
Yes, we get it, you purchased an X because you're extremely clever and you enjoy reminding us all of that, every chance you get.

I don't know why you insist on making excuses for SMS, but if you really think that the current state of the game is ok, and that upgrading to an X is a reasonable solution for everyone on an OG or S...then frankly, you're delusional, and I don't know what else to say to you.

The fact that other games have bugs and performance issues does not make it ok that this one does as well. The game was advertised to work on the Xbox platform. While it is reasonable to expect that OG and S will not play the game at the same resolution as the X, or have comparable frame rates, it is in no way reasonable to have to accept that ~75% of career mode is unplayable, simply because of the platform I own. Upgrading to an X should be an OPTION, if I want to experience higher graphical fidelity. It should NOT be a requirement just so I can play what was advertised on the box.

First of all. I pre-ordered my Xbox One X the moment it went live. I wanted the benefits for my whole Xbox One game library. That's why I bought one. Had nothing to due with PC2. Also, I know resolution has nothing to do with how the game behaves while racing. It's just bonus eye candy.

The game does work. It's just on certain Xbox One consoles. Due to large grids & certain weather. The framerate seriously drops due to stress on the game engine. The physics engine & FFB suffers as well. It's a bottle neck issue. I'm assuming it's CPU related. It's a hardware issue. Plain & simple. Not taking sides. The game engine they use just doesn't do well underload on base Xbox One consoles.

So the base model Xbox One internals can't cut the mustard. This was known at console launch. That's why PS4 won this gen. PS4 always outperformed the base Xbox One. Usually by a lot.

You need to remember this is a 3rd party studio. A smaller studio at that. They could have lessened the physics engine & FFB. Wouldn't be as much of an impact on the game engine. But then, that would be something else for people to talk about.

To sum it all up. The game engine they are using on PC2 doesn't perform well when stressed underload on base Xbox One consoles. That's what it all comes down to. The game engine. All those physics calculations & live track 3.0. This can happen when a game is multiplatform. The engine can run better on certain consoles or PC. Not so well on others.

trading standards
24-10-2018, 14:09
First of all. I pre-ordered my Xbox One X the moment it went live. I wanted the benefits for my whole Xbox One game library. That's why I bought one. Had nothing to due with PC2. Also, I know resolution has nothing to do with how the game behaves while racing. It's just bonus eye candy.

The game does work. It's just on certain Xbox One consoles. Due to large grids & certain weather. The framerate seriously drops due to stress on the game engine. The physics engine & FFB suffers as well. It's a bottle neck issue. I'm assuming it's CPU related. It's a hardware issue. Plain & simple. Not taking sides. The game engine they use just doesn't do well underload on base Xbox One consoles.

So the base model Xbox One internals can't cut the mustard. This was known at console launch. That's why PS4 won this gen. PS4 always outperformed the base Xbox One. Usually by a lot.

You need to remember this is a 3rd party studio. A smaller studio at that. They could have lessened the physics engine & FFB. Wouldn't be as much of an impact on the game engine. But then, that would be something else for people to talk about.

To sum it all up. The game engine they are using on PC2 doesn't perform well when stressed underload on base Xbox One consoles. That's what it all comes down to. The game engine. All those physics calculations & live track 3.0. This can happen when a game is multiplatform. The engine can run better on certain consoles or PC. Not so well on others.

ok so i have an xbox 1x and i still have problems with the game.the ONLY THING THIS GAME SIMULATES IS HOW BAD SMS ARE AT TRYING TO MAKE RACING SIM GAMES.UNABLE TO LEARN FROM PREVIOUS RELEASES.same old b.s from brown nosers on forums but nothing from sms direct SPEAKS VOLUMES.best thing to do people is not buy anymore of there products or to wait till they are heavily reduced on store.project cars 2 holds a record for most refunds on digital downloads as well as high street retailers,that why it can picked up for as little as £20,..promised so much but delivered only heart ache over and over again now lost all interest in the game.as i have spent more time on forum than actually playing game,live track does not work on consoles never has never will due to limitations on xbox network,multiplayer disconnections even though i have set router setting as per this forum.rubberbanding, tyre physics.ect.ect the list is endless.

Trippul G
24-10-2018, 15:37

Yes, we've all been over what we believe causes the issue, many times. The root cause of the problem is not really the issue here. For consumers, what IS the issue is how SMS have handled it, and what they are prepared to do to make it right. So far, the answers are: poorly, and apparently nothing.

nissan4ever
24-10-2018, 15:42
ok so i have an xbox 1x and i still have problems with the game.the ONLY THING THIS GAME SIMULATES IS HOW BAD SMS ARE AT TRYING TO MAKE RACING SIM GAMES.UNABLE TO LEARN FROM PREVIOUS RELEASES.same old b.s from brown nosers on forums but nothing from sms direct SPEAKS VOLUMES.best thing to do people is not buy anymore of there products or to wait till they are heavily reduced on store.project cars 2 holds a record for most refunds on digital downloads as well as high street retailers,that why it can picked up for as little as £20,..promised so much but delivered only heart ache over and over again now lost all interest in the game.as i have spent more time on forum than actually playing game,live track does not work on consoles never has never will due to limitations on xbox network,multiplayer disconnections even though i have set router setting as per this forum.rubberbanding, tyre physics.ect.ect the list is endless.

Your definition of live track is different than what it truly is. All you're talking about is the weather on the game being like the tracks weather in real life. That very moment. Live Track 3.0 is way more than just that one little real life weather feature. You know its more to it than that. Live Track 3.0 is on console versions. Just not the real life, real time weather (like on PC).

Now that I think about it. I think it was Andy Tudor who said before the game came out. The exact current real life track weather conditions wouldn't be on the console version. But everything else that pertaining to Live Track 3.0 is.

nissan4ever
24-10-2018, 15:46
Yes, we've all been over what we believe causes the issue, many times. The root cause of the problem is not really the issue here. For consumers, what IS the issue is how SMS have handled it, and what they are prepared to do to make it right. So far, the answers are: poorly, and apparently nothing.

Since when does a game studio acknowledges an issue where a particular platform runs their game engine poorly? Only when the game engine is under a stress load ? I've never heard of that. Never.

Konan
24-10-2018, 16:06

I suggest you alter your tone and quit making false accusations...
Especially on the developer's own forum.

Trippul G
24-10-2018, 19:44
Since when does a game studio acknowledges an issue where a particular platform runs their game engine poorly? Only when the game engine is under a stress load ? I've never heard of that. Never.

Again with the excuses...I cannot comprehend why you continue to defend SMS over this.

To counter your point, I've never heard of a game being released on a console and running so poorly that a large portion of it is unplayable, even after a year of patches.

Unprecedented times call for unprecedented measures. If SMS would just acknowledge that this has been, and still is, an ongoing issue, it would give validation to a lot of people's complaints. It would promote a bit of transparency and make us feel like we're not just shouting at the wall.

Ultimately, I just want to be able to play the game I paid for. If it takes adding an option to limit grid size in career, I'm fine with that. But leaving things as they are, with no admission of the problem, no solution to the problem, not even an explanation of why they can't fix the problem if indeed that is the case, that's not acceptable. Yes, we know why YOU feel the problem exists, but I'd like to hear it from THEM.

If they value their customers and want us to remain interested in future games they create, e.g. PC3, they would be wise to do something to address and rectify this situation.

The fact that you keep trying to turn it around and defend SMS while blaming the consumer, is baffling, and really brings your motives into question.

nissan4ever
25-10-2018, 01:23
Again with the excuses...I cannot comprehend why you continue to defend SMS over this.

To counter your point, I've never heard of a game being released on a console and running so poorly that a large portion of it is unplayable, even after a year of patches.

Unprecedented times call for unprecedented measures. If SMS would just acknowledge that this has been, and still is, an ongoing issue, it would give validation to a lot of people's complaints. It would promote a bit of transparency and make us feel like we're not just shouting at the wall.

Ultimately, I just want to be able to play the game I paid for. If it takes adding an option to limit grid size in career, I'm fine with that. But leaving things as they are, with no admission of the problem, no solution to the problem, not even an explanation of why they can't fix the problem if indeed that is the case, that's not acceptable. Yes, we know why YOU feel the problem exists, but I'd like to hear it from THEM.

If they value their customers and want us to remain interested in future games they create, e.g. PC3, they would be wise to do something to address and rectify this situation.

The fact that you keep trying to turn it around and defend SMS while blaming the consumer, is baffling, and really brings your motives into question.

How can you patch the OG Xbox One/S cpu & gpu limitations? You can't. The game engine needs more than what those 2 variations of the Xbox One can give it. Large grids is beyond those 2 Xbox One consoles capabilities.

SMS don't have to say anything. It obvious why it happens on those consoles. Hardware limitations.

I'm not defending them. I just understand what happens when certain hardware can't handle some things. What then can happen. Seeing how this is a racing game with complex physics engine & Live Track 3.0. You end up with low fps, screen tearing & wonky physics with very large grids. If this was a shooter. You'd get low fps, screen tearing & terrible judder (that would effect the responsiveness of your controls [PUBG for example]).

Looks like PC2 runs best on a reasonably spec'd PC, PS4 Pro & Xbox One X.

Trippul G
25-10-2018, 01:58
How can you patch the OG Xbox One/S cpu & gpu limitations? You can't. The game engine needs more than what those 2 variations of the Xbox One can give it. Large grids is beyond those 2 Xbox One consoles capabilities.

SMS don't have to say anything. It obvious why it happens on those consoles. Hardware limitations.

I'm not defending them. I just understand what happens when certain hardware can't handle some things. What then can happen. Seeing how this is a racing game with complex physics engine. You end up with low fps, screen tearing & wonky physics. If this was a shooter. You'd get low fps, screen tearing & terrible judder (that would effect the responsiveness of your controls).

Looks like PC2 runs best on a reasonably spec'd PC, PS4 Pro & Xbox One X.

I feel like I'm going around in circles here. Of course SMS don't HAVE to say anything. Just like I don't HAVE to feel good about purchasing a product which does not perform as advertised, and I don't HAVE to continue to support them by purchasing future products that they make. I would LIKE them to acknowledge the problem. I would LIKE them to implement some sort of a workaround (as has been mentioned many times previously, a control for career grid size would be welcomed with open arms). If they did this, I would LIKE it, and would feel much better about supporting them in the future. As a business, I should think that having happy customers would be something that they would LIKE.

But you're right, they don't HAVE to do anything.

nissan4ever
25-10-2018, 02:50
I feel like I'm going around in circles here. Of course SMS don't HAVE to say anything. Just like I don't HAVE to feel good about purchasing a product which does not perform as advertised, and I don't HAVE to continue to support them by purchasing future products that they make. I would LIKE them to acknowledge the problem. I would LIKE them to implement some sort of a workaround (as has been mentioned many times previously, a control for career grid size would be welcomed with open arms). If they did this, I would LIKE it, and would feel much better about supporting them in the future. As a business, I should think that having happy customers would be something that they would LIKE.

But you're right, they don't HAVE to do anything.

The game engine performs the best it can. Based on the hardware it's running on.

Schnizz58
25-10-2018, 03:20
The game engine performs the best it can. Based on the hardware it's running on.

The problem isn't the game engine per se. It's the fact that SMS released a game with a game engine that won't run on some of the platforms that it was supposed to run on. To me, that's dishonest. As an OG Xbox 1 owner, I felt ripped off because I spent money on a game I can't play and had to spend more money to make it work. They could have said that you needed an X to play PC2. They could have given us the ability to reduce the grid sizes. They could have scaled back the math so that it would run on that platform. But they didn't do any of that. They happily took our money knowing full well that we wouldn't be able to enjoy most of the things the game has to offer.

cxMilk
25-10-2018, 04:18
I have a feeling SMS were unaware of this issue upon launch and learned about it through us, the end users. The WMD crew were all PC players and therefore WMD testing as well as the majority of in house testing, I suspect, was all done using PCs. Of course I can only assume as much, but if I'm not mistaken, the console testing was handed over to a third party - did Bandai do the console testing? Don't remember. I wouldn't be surprised if their testing wasn't anywhere near as rigorous as the paces WMD members or in house testers may have been putting the game through. Also, my understanding is this issue is more prevalent using a wheel as opposed to controller, correct? I don't race with a controller myself, so don't know. Who knows what the third party testers were using. So yea, I have a suspicion that SMS were either unaware themselves, or if they were aware, weren't aware to extent of how detrimental it actually is.

Because of this, I don't agree with the sentiment that SMS "lied" to us - that they sold us a game that is meant to work 100% on the OG xbox1, but doesn't. I believe that they sold us a game that they believed, through whatever testing data they likely had suggested, worked. I would, however, like to see them acknowledge that the game indeed doesn't work on the OG xbox1 when it comes to large grids thus making a good portion of career difficult, if not impossible and acknowledge that better console testing could have been done in the lead up to release. Of course, a grid scaler would do wonders. A completely sensible solution like Trippul G et. al. have suggested and us xbox1 solo careerists would be totally satisfied with, but I don't expect that to happen, at least not in this game. But acknowledgement would go a long way.

The argument that the xbox1/s being underpowered is the root of the issue and that either Microsoft or us, the consumer, is whom the fault should lie with is ridiculous especially since the game came out before the 1x did. If it was known that the xbox1 was far too underpowered for the game, then SMS shouldn't have even released it for the xbox1. Unfortunately, if I recall, Microsoft had mandated upon the release of the 1x that all games must still be able to run on the OG xbox1. But I still can't blame Microsoft here. SMS were aware this was the case and should have released a game that functioned on the OG xbox1 as well as the other platforms on their lowest rated specs, i.e. base ps4/minimum specced PC. If that means using the OG xbox1 as the lowest common denominator, so be it, otherwise don't release the game on the system. They did exactly that with pCars1 and the Wii U. The Wii U was too low of a standard required for the game and the platform got axed. But again, because the game is available for the xbox1, I have to believe SMS were in the dark when it came to this particular issue until after release and all us OG xbox1 users started running into the issue.

nissan4ever
25-10-2018, 05:08
PC1 ran slow with full grids (lap timer still ran at correct speed/timing) . Slower if you throw in weather on base Xbox One. Led to much slower lap times. Even though you are hitting your lines. After all the optimization they were able to do.

The physics on PC1 were no where near like it is this time around. PC1 didn't have Live Track 3.0. The handling didn't become "icy" due to large grids (not with my experience on base Xbox One. I logged hundreds of hrs on that game). However, on PC2. It does. Way more going on in the background.

Running PC1 on a Xbox One X. Runs just fine. PC1 never will get Xbox One X patch. It's the hardware limitations of the base Xbox One. Game engines perform better on certain hardware than others. This is clearly the case here.

Go look at the Digital Foundry video on the new COD BO4. All the proof of what people are experiencing here can be clearly seen on that game. In regards to base Xbox One's & the X. From resolution (blurriness of base Xbox One. Sub 900p resolution). To the framerate (especially in Blackout mode).

On BO4. If you & a friend were the only 2 people on a map. Having a sniping contest. With one on a base Xbox One. While the other is on a X. The gamer on the base Xbox One will get owned. The X gamer will be able to see further away & with a clearer image on screen.

That right there puts people at a disadvantage in lobbies online on that merit. Not to mention the X running at a higher framerate on top of that against them. The new COD does run poorly on base Xbox One compared to all OTHER consoles available right now.

Trippul G
25-10-2018, 09:25
Game engines perform better on certain hardware than others. This is clearly the case here.

Wow, really? More powerful hardware runs games better?Pretty sure we all grasp that concept, thanks.

Either you haven't read a single thing that other people have written in this thread, or you just like repeating yourself and reading your own written words, I really don't know.

The reason everyone is upset is because they were sold a game that is severely limited in scope and does not live up to the features that were advertised as being available to us. SMS have had over a year since this problem became publicly known, and there has been no response, not even an acknowledgement that the problem exists. THAT is what we're upset about. If they knew about it ahead of time, they either shouldn't have released the game on this platform, or they should have built for the lowest common denominator in the first place. Obviously, neither of those things happened.

You keep banging on about inferior hardware...WE GET IT. No one expects SMS to release a patch that will suddenly allow the OG Xbox 1 to have 50 car grids at 4k/60 in torrential rain. Implementation of career grid size scaling would make most people happy enough, but that also has obviously not happened.

I think many of us feel like our concerns and frustrations are not being heard, and I think that at this point, a simple acknowledgement from them that "yes, we're aware of the problem" and either "yes we're working on a solution", or "no, sorry there's nothing we can do" would be the respectful way to deal with their customers. Hearing explanations from anyone other than the developers themselves doesn't advance that dialog, and doesn't promote any sense of honesty or transparency between buyer and seller.

nissan4ever
25-10-2018, 09:42
Wow, really? More powerful hardware runs games better?Pretty sure we all grasp that concept, thanks.

Either you haven't read a single thing that other people have written in this thread, or you just like repeating yourself and reading your own written words, I really don't know.

The reason everyone is upset is because they were sold a game that is severely limited in scope and does not live up to the features that were advertised as being available to us. SMS have had over a year since this problem became publicly known, and there has been no response, not even an acknowledgement that the problem exists. THAT is what we're upset about. If they knew about it ahead of time, they either shouldn't have released the game on this platform, or they should have built for the lowest common denominator in the first place. Obviously, neither of those things happened.

You keep banging on about inferior hardware...WE GET IT. No one expects SMS to release a patch that will suddenly allow the OG Xbox 1 to have 50 car grids at 4k/60 in torrential rain. Implementation of career grid size scaling would make most people happy enough, but that also has obviously not happened.

I think many of us feel like our concerns and frustrations are not being heard, and I think that at this point, a simple acknowledgement from them that "yes, we're aware of the problem" and either "yes we're working on a solution", or "no, sorry there's nothing we can do" would be the respectful way to deal with their customers. Hearing explanations from anyone other than the developers themselves doesn't advance that dialog, and doesn't promote any sense of honesty or transparency between buyer and seller.

There's no reason for you to keep saying the same thing as well. You can't finish career. Game engine performance issues under load. Physics aren't the same as practice or qualifying. Lower career AI grids would help. That's been repeated a lot as well.

I'm sure the devs know about this. I'm sure they've done a lot of optimization post launch. Maybe they've squeezed all they can out of the base hardware. This is probably the best it will run on base hardware.

I have no idea why they haven't gave the option for smaller grids in career. Maybe it's not feasible to implement it. I don't know. Looks to me like that will never probably happen. Yet, it gets constantly repeated here. When it is obvious why people are having this issue on base consoles.

The game has been out 1 yr. Hasn't been implemented yet. Probably won't be in career. This is software that runs differently on different hardware.

Schnizz58
25-10-2018, 13:56
I have a feeling SMS were unaware of this issue upon launch and learned about it through us, the end users. The WMD crew were all PC players and therefore WMD testing as well as the majority of in house testing, I suspect, was all done using PCs. Of course I can only assume as much, but if I'm not mistaken, the console testing was handed over to a third party - did Bandai do the console testing? Don't remember. I wouldn't be surprised if their testing wasn't anywhere near as rigorous as the paces WMD members or in house testers may have been putting the game through. Also, my understanding is this issue is more prevalent using a wheel as opposed to controller, correct? I don't race with a controller myself, so don't know. Who knows what the third party testers were using. So yea, I have a suspicion that SMS were either unaware themselves, or if they were aware, weren't aware to extent of how detrimental it actually is.
Isn't that just as bad - maybe even worse - especially after they proclaimed that console testing would be vastly improved and that the Xbox would no longer be the red-headed stepchild?

Stewy32
25-10-2018, 16:29
It also affects controller, I can promise you that

Trippul G
25-10-2018, 17:00
There's no reason for you to keep saying the same thing as well. You can't finish career. Game engine performance issues under load. Physics aren't the same as practice or qualifying. Lower career AI grids would help. That's been repeated a lot as well.

I'm sure the devs know about this. I'm sure they've done a lot of optimization post launch. Maybe they've squeezed all they can out of the base hardware. This is probably the best it will run on base hardware.

I have no idea why they haven't gave the option for smaller grids in career. Maybe it's not feasible to implement it. I don't know. Looks to me like that will never probably happen. Yet, it gets constantly repeated here. When it is obvious why people are having this issue on base consoles.

The game has been out 1 yr. Hasn't been implemented yet. Probably won't be in career. This is software that runs differently on different hardware.

Again, you appear to have completely missed the point. "Maybe, I'm not sure, probably, I have no idea" pontification doesn't clear anything up. You can offer all the explanations you want, it doesn't do anything to start up the dialog between seller and consumer, which is what this situation needs.

It's like if your kid got caught doing drugs at school...other people can only tell you so much about why they think he did it, what his mindset is like, what extenuating circumstances there are, etc. There comes a point when you need to sit down and engage with the child himself and hear from them directly, to figure out what's going on, and how to proceed.

That is where we are now with SMS.

cxMilk
25-10-2018, 18:52
Isn't that just as bad - maybe even worse - especially after they proclaimed that console testing would be vastly improved and that the Xbox would no longer be the red-headed stepchild?
I don't particularly agree with the idea of using consumers as testers, however I do believe consumers prove to be far better testers than professional game testers as they typically try some crazy out of the box scenarios in games that both devs and professional testers likely never even think of. Maybe SMS should have taken advantage of the beta program on xbox as well...and ps4 if they have it too?

I have a feeling console testing was fairly basic albeit it probably was vastly improved over pCars1 testing. I remember there were a couple glaring issues on console upon release, don't remember what they are off the top of my head, but they were issues that should have easily been caught in testing. I wonder if console testing was more along the lines of following a basic checklist aligned with issues from the PC side and nothing more. Something like large grids may have never even been put into practice during testing. Who knows?

Schnizz58
25-10-2018, 20:22
I don't particularly agree with the idea of using consumers as testers, however I do believe consumers prove to be far better testers than professional game testers as they typically try some crazy out of the box scenarios in games that both devs and professional testers likely never even think of. Maybe SMS should have taken advantage of the beta program on xbox as well...and ps4 if they have it too?

I have a feeling console testing was fairly basic albeit it probably was vastly improved over pCars1 testing. I remember there were a couple glaring issues on console upon release, don't remember what they are off the top of my head, but they were issues that should have easily been caught in testing. I wonder if console testing was more along the lines of following a basic checklist aligned with issues from the PC side and nothing more. Something like large grids may have never even been put into practice during testing. Who knows?

Regardless of who actually did the testing, don't you think that some form of "test career mode" should have been in the test plan? I mean, that doesn't even require setting up any sort of weird edge case to test it. All they had to do was play the game.

cxMilk
25-10-2018, 21:24
Regardless of who actually did the testing, don't you think that some form of "test career mode" should have been in the test plan? I mean, that doesn't even require setting up any sort of weird edge case to test it. All they had to do was play the game.
Oh, I absolutely agree. Given the results and some of the early on issues that were readily apparent, can only speculate console testing was far less than optimal is all.

Juiced46
25-10-2018, 22:03
For you guys that are having issues. If you have some extra cash. Gamestop is offering $200 trade value for your OG Xbox or $250 for an Xbox One S towards an X. Basically can get it for half price and all your problems go away :) Just a thought. Its better then the $50 you usually get for it on a normal day. :)

Joey Fazza
13-11-2018, 09:37
Not to reopen old wounds but is this still an issue? I’ve recently redownloaded PCars2 after having trouble in terms of using game pad on the OG Xbox, but want to do large WEC type races with big grids, am I wasting my time?

Schnizz58
13-11-2018, 14:54
Not to reopen old wounds but is this still an issue? I’ve recently redownloaded PCars2 after having trouble in terms of using game pad on the OG Xbox, but want to do large WEC type races with big grids, am I wasting my time?

In my opinion, yes. It hasn't been fixed and I think it's unlikely to be fixed.

Joey Fazza
13-11-2018, 14:58
I thought that might be the answer, oh well only spent £30 on it so not the end of the world, just wish I hadn’t fell for the same shick like I did when PCars 1 came out, honestly the first port of call when making a console game is you’ve got to be able to deliver what you say you can