PDA

View Full Version : Serious Gearing Issue Ruining Game

Mysticp0t4t0
09-06-2018, 22:14
Hi, new to the forums here. I am experiencing a serious issue with gearing in the game. In career races, I often find my car will cease to change gears for no apparent reason. Iím racing as normal and then suddenly Iím stuck in whatever gear I was in and cannot change.

Iím playing with a controller that works fine on other games. I have tried turning off all damage settings so it canít be how Iím driving the car (though my original attempts to fix it with this in mind did cause my gear changes to get a lot cleaner!)

Iíve also uninstalled and reinstalled, this solved the problem for the race at Snetterton that the glitch was happening on every time, but now itís gappening again in another race. Returning to pit box when this happens during practice or qualifying also fixes it, but I canít do this during a race of course, especially as it seems to strike near the end of races.

Iím racing in GT5 if that helps. I really hope someone can help with this issue as itís ruining a game Iíve really started to enjoy. Thanks.

TheSimGirl
10-06-2018, 01:34
Hi, new to the forums here. I am experiencing a serious issue with gearing in the game. In career races, I often find my car will cease to change gears for no apparent reason. Iím racing as normal and then suddenly Iím stuck in whatever gear I was in and cannot change.

Iím playing with a controller that works fine on other games. I have tried turning off all damage settings so it canít be how Iím driving the car (though my original attempts to fix it with this in mind did cause my gear changes to get a lot cleaner!)

Iíve also uninstalled and reinstalled, this solved the problem for the race at Snetterton that the glitch was happening on every time, but now itís gappening again in another race. Returning to pit box when this happens during practice or qualifying also fixes it, but I canít do this during a race of course, especially as it seems to strike near the end of races.

Iím racing in GT5 if that helps. I really hope someone can help with this issue as itís ruining a game Iíve really started to enjoy. Thanks.

I don't remember what it is called. Something like minimum shift time. It's under the same settings where you adjust sensitivity, dead zones, etc. Make sure that number is set to 0.

Please let us know if that corrected the issue.

milliotseb
10-06-2018, 06:58
I had one case with v 1.5 in which Pcars 2 changed from automatic to sequential in game settings.
But it was before the race in my case, so I don't think it could be the same issue (if issue happen again, check gearbox type to confirm it is still on automatic)

Zaskarspants
10-06-2018, 12:02
I have not had this happen. Some more details would be helpful.

Are you using pad or wheel? How are you changing gear? Flipper, button or stick? What is auto clutch set to?

Just Another Frog
10-06-2018, 12:43
Ah, maybe i should have reported this because i've had this and double downshifting problems before.. I'm suspecting you've remapped the comtroller and moved gear shifting onto the buttons, so if that is the case then just go back to the controller config and remap your gear select with the SAME buttons (no need to reset them all to default) you chose. That cured it for me. My only guess was that because 'B' and 'X' were already mapped ftom default (and i got an 'already in use' message when changing them) the game has at some point gotten confused with my changes.

If you haven't altered the default buttons then ignore me :)

Mysticp0t4t0
11-06-2018, 08:33
Hi my minimum shift time was already zero, so i changed my clutch deadzone to 0 as it wasn’t for some reason and my clutch sensitivity to 50. This fixed the problem for the race I was stuck on but it still reappears occasionally for no reason. Still sometimes ruining a race. I have remapped my buttons so I’ll try the technique Just another Frog suggested. I’m playing on pad as stated in my original post and I have clutch on LB and gear down/up on X/Y respectively on the paddles on the back of my pad

Mysticp0t4t0
11-06-2018, 09:10
Ok so I tried resetting the mapping of my controller by just typing in the same buttons and then tried changing them to different buttons and changing them back. This didn’t work it’s still happening and now is happening consistently again on this qualifying I’m trying to do.

Mysticp0t4t0
11-06-2018, 12:31
Update it is happening consistently on qualifying on the second to last corner. Every time on my first full lap of qualifying. I’m massively disappointed with this and I feel i’ve wasted my money.

Sankyo
11-06-2018, 12:37
What controller are you using?
What are your Controls/Gameplay settings? What assists have you got switched on? What are you Controller settings (auto clutch, auto gears etc.)?

You're the only person complaining about this issue, so it's fair to assume currently that it's a local issue on your end, and that it can be solved.

Bealdor
11-06-2018, 12:37
Update it is happening consistently on qualifying on the second to last corner. Every time on my first full lap of qualifying. I’m massively disappointed with this and I feel i’ve wasted my money.

Can you post a video of this please?

Do you have any driving assists enabled?
Do you have automatic pit stops activated?

Mysticp0t4t0
11-06-2018, 14:26
I’m using the Xbox elite controller with the paddles enabled mapped to A,B,X and Y. I’ll list my control map and gameplay settings in full cause who knows which ones will be relevant in this case.

Controller Mapping

Sticks are as usual being for steering and moving the camera/character’s head
Throttle RT
Brake LT
Handbrake RB
Clutch LB
Gear Up Y
Gear Down X
Reverse Gear Left Stick Click
KERS B
Look Back Right Stick Click
Cycle HUD display, car management and ICM menu controls are all vanilla, being assigned to d-pad directions.

Automatic Clutch is off
Gearing is manual

Sensitivity and Deadzone settings

Steering deadzone: 0
Steering sensitivity: 20
Throttle Deadzone: 10
Throttle Sensitivity: 30
Brake Deadzone: 10
Brake Sensitivity: 75
Clutch Deadzone: 0
Clutch Sensitivity: 50
Speed sensitivity: 95
Controller Damping: 70
Controller Vibration: 50
Minimum Shift Time: 0

(I haven’t experimented much with these settings for gameplay so any advice in general would be appreciated.)
Driving Assists

Steering: No
Braking: No
Driving Assists: Authentic
Opposite Lock Assist: On
Damage: Full
Mechanical Failures: Yes
(Note this bug still occurs with all damage turned off.)
Tyre wear: authentic
Fuel usage: real
Auto start engine: yes
Rules and penalties: on
Manual pit stop: no
Pit cinematic cams: on
Manual cooldown lap: on
Manual rolling start: no
Radio subs: on

Thank you for any help I really appreciate it.

I’ll try to capture a video now and see if I can upload it.

Just Another Frog
11-06-2018, 14:42

Just as a matter of curiosity, what happens when you try manual shifting with the (semi) automatic gearbox.
And i know it probably makes very little difference but have you plugged the controller in via USB and done a firmware update?

Mysticp0t4t0
11-06-2018, 14:43
I don’t know Frog I’ll try it and report back. Here’s the video, hope it works:

<iframe frameborder=0 webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen scale="tofit" width="320" height="185" style="max-width:100%" src="http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mysticp0t4t0/video/53131437/embed"></iframe>

Mysticp0t4t0
11-06-2018, 14:44
Bloody hell don’t think it’s worked I’ll just link to the dive website: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mysticp0t4t0/video/53131437

Mysticp0t4t0
11-06-2018, 15:19
Ok so with the automatic clutch it seems to work, by I’d obviously rather do my own clutch. I tried switching it to another button and it worked for a bit, switched it back to LB and the bug happened again, switched it back to A thinking I’d found the problem but it just happened again.

Juiced46
11-06-2018, 22:13
Ok so with the automatic clutch it seems to work, by I’d obviously rather do my own clutch. I tried switching it to another button and it worked for a bit, switched it back to LB and the bug happened again, switched it back to A thinking I’d found the problem but it just happened again.

I could be totally wrong but I could have sworn I read that the clutch was not working for PC2. I always use auto clutch as I use the paddle shifters on my wheel.

Mysticp0t4t0
12-06-2018, 15:27
Ah right is this a general thing then you think? I’d much rather have proper clutch and gearing, I hate bugs like this.

Sankyo
12-06-2018, 15:36
I could be totally wrong but I could have sworn I read that the clutch was not working for PC2.
Yes you have read that, but it has been clarified a few times already that the clutch is working fine in pC2.

Mysticp0t4t0
12-06-2018, 17:54
So I tried again with the auto clutch enabled today and the bug happened again. Back to square one with finding the cause I guess

Bealdor
12-06-2018, 18:01
Do you have another controller you could try out?
Please turn on manual pit stops and try again.

Mysticp0t4t0
12-06-2018, 19:01
Manual pit stop didn’t fix it, and changing controller I thought fixed it but no it happened again about 10 minutes into qualification.

Mysticp0t4t0
13-06-2018, 09:44
Apparently my reply to this didnít post yesterday. Manual pit stop and another controller also donít fix the issue.

Sankyo
13-06-2018, 10:20
Apparently my reply to this didn’t post yesterday. Manual pit stop and another controller also don’t fix the issue.

:confused: I see it right above your posting?

davidt33
13-06-2018, 10:40
I could have sworn having Automatic Clutch to "OFF" was the problem. But then you said you tried setting it to "ON", it worked for a bit and later the problem returned.
I use a wheel, not a pad like you, and I have Clutch to "Automatic".....Gearing "Manual" which works for me.
Reason I thought having Clutch to "Manual" was the problem is because I think I read if you have Clutch to "Manual" some problems could occur, for example if you stall etc the car would not start on its own and you have to manually press or engage some button (which you have to map) to get it started again. Thought it may have been related somehow.

Mysticp0t4t0
13-06-2018, 12:45
If it stalls I have the automatic car start setting on which deals with that I just have to press the clutch down in order to start moving which is fine.

Juiced46
13-06-2018, 13:19
Yes you have read that, but it has been clarified a few times already that the clutch is working fine in pC2.

Thanks for the clarification.

Mysticp0t4t0
14-06-2018, 11:29
Anyone got any more ideas? If not I may try to contact someone for a refund

Mysticp0t4t0
16-08-2018, 21:57
Hi, I’ve been searching for a solution to a bug I’ve been experiencing for a while now and have had no joy. I’ve posted a thread here and on reddit and tried seemingly every possible solution that hasn’t fixed it. I’ve reinstalled, reset, fiddled with all my settings, tried different controllers etc and sill nothing.

My problem is that my car decides at sometimes random, sometimes recurring intervals within a session to stop changing gear. I can’t change out of the gear I’m in anymore, ruining my session. In practice and qualifying I can fix it temporarily by returning to the pit box but there’s no guarantee that I’ll even get a full lap in before it happens again. I was told on this forum I was the only person reporting this bug too, which makes it even worse.

It got to the point where I even emailed the studio about it, telling them that I’d been through all the normal channels and was frustrated at having spent £50 on frankly, a broken product. I can’t use the product I’ve paid for and therefore feel somewhat cheated. I have had zero response whatsoever other than automated replies to my emails which I am not happy with. Am I expected to just sit back and say **** it my game is completely broken and that’s £50 down the drain?

If anyone has any ideas please help, this is an absolute joke at this point.

nissan4ever
17-08-2018, 01:39
I wonder what could be causing you to experience that issue? Does it happen to you in all cars? Do you use a wheel? If so, which one? Give me a a full example of game settings for transmission type & auto clutch info/car/track/time of day/weather/practice length/qualify length/race length that this has happened. Sometime this weekend I'll see if I can replicate it.

Bealdor
17-08-2018, 05:43
Threads merged.

Hi, I’ve been searching for a solution to a bug I’ve been experiencing for a while now and have had no joy. I’ve posted a thread here and on reddit and tried seemingly every possible solution that hasn’t fixed it. I’ve reinstalled, reset, fiddled with all my settings, tried different controllers etc and sill nothing.

My problem is that my car decides at sometimes random, sometimes recurring intervals within a session to stop changing gear. I can’t change out of the gear I’m in anymore, ruining my session. In practice and qualifying I can fix it temporarily by returning to the pit box but there’s no guarantee that I’ll even get a full lap in before it happens again. I was told on this forum I was the only person reporting this bug too, which makes it even worse.

It got to the point where I even emailed the studio about it, telling them that I’d been through all the normal channels and was frustrated at having spent £50 on frankly, a broken product. I can’t use the product I’ve paid for and therefore feel somewhat cheated. I have had zero response whatsoever other than automated replies to my emails which I am not happy with. Am I expected to just sit back and say **** it my game is completely broken and that’s £50 down the drain?

If anyone has any ideas please help, this is an absolute joke at this point.

Your issue is indeed a really strange one and unfortunately you're still the only one reporting it.
I would've put money into it being a hardware issue but since you changed controllers already and by the fact that you can rectify it by simply returning to pits I'm not sure about this.
It COULD be your input controller on your XBOX but that's just a wild guess.

Have you tried updating your controller (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter) already?
Have you already tried one of the newer XB1 controllers (the one with the 3.5mm headphone input)?