PDA

View Full Version : LA Ferrari- what causes this - New Le Mans Vintage track video.

chieflongshin
10-06-2018, 09:24
Hi all.

I was messing around on the new track this morning. I had OEM set up (all default ) on La Ferrari. On the long straight for love nor money the car would not run straight. I was holding the g920 wheel (all up to date) tight and you could feel it constantly torquing the car left and right. I've always found this car struggles to go straight but is there anything I could change?

Video below, sorry for quality as my phone wouldn't upload 4k for some reason. You can see how bad car wanders on straight. All motion is me just trying to hold it straight

https://youtu.be/_yVnwp1BWSg

Zaskarspants
10-06-2018, 11:29
You will need to post your current ffb settings and flav to get useful advice.

hkraft300
10-06-2018, 12:11
You will need to post your current ffb settings and flav to get useful advice.

I think the problem is bumpy track + high speed + bugger all aero.
Not ffb.

http://youtu.be/cI_r61ClBz4

Note: the moment the Lamborghini test driver warns Clarkson of the car hopping sideways at speed.

That’s at a smooth purpose built banked circle.

We’re talking about a village road in the middle of country France that’s many years old and not built for high speed racing.

Makes you appreciate the silicon carbide testes of the men who raced that track in those days.

Zaskarspants
10-06-2018, 12:23
^^^^^

I see, well I confess I have not used vintage le mans yet ( i like corners) so ignore me listen to him ;-)

chieflongshin
10-06-2018, 16:36
to be fair It probably is a track vs La Ferrari suspension tune needed as it's the only car I've ran down the straight that was horrific. It does seem to wander though on most tracks.

hkraft300
10-06-2018, 16:51
^^^^^

I see, well I confess I have not used vintage le mans yet ( i like corners) so ignore me listen to him ;-)

It does have a couple of underwearxsoil-inducing corners.

Btw my previous post is all speculation. I haven’t even run that car at vintage LM. I have done a lap or 3 in the Vintage Ferrari and BMW LMR but they are purpose built for that track.

morpwr
10-06-2018, 20:00
I think the problem is bumpy track + high speed + bugger all aero.
Not ffb.

http://youtu.be/cI_r61ClBz4

Note: the moment the Lamborghini test driver warns Clarkson of the car hopping sideways at speed.

That’s at a smooth purpose built banked circle.

We’re talking about a village road in the middle of country France that’s many years old and not built for high speed racing.

Makes you appreciate the silicon carbide testes of the men who raced that track in those days.

I can tell you that road is not smooth with a dd wheel.

chieflongshin
12-06-2018, 19:17
So I've tried something else with the Ferrari on this track. I've softened the rear spring rate off to see if absorbs the bumps any better. The car basically picks up a 185mph wander. Has anyone else seen this?

shadybrady
13-06-2018, 01:06
Yeah I agree, I've found this issue with the Laferrari on every track. I don't believe for a minute this is a matter of the game simulating realism. No other cars in the game wobble around and bounce like the Laferrari. Even when I'm driving at higher speeds in other vehicles they are extraordinarily more stable than the Laferrari. <~ If that's how that car performs IRL , Ferrari need to go back to the drawing board. Cause that's awful.

hkraft300
13-06-2018, 01:09
OEM setup?

Vic Flange
13-06-2018, 21:02
Increase toe in ?

chieflongshin
13-06-2018, 21:48
Yes Iíve tried softening rear right off to give it some squat but it doesnít cure it. Iíve not tried it with traction control on yet though. Iíd also tried playing with diff but it just seems to meander all over show. I canít get this on any other car. I think it was Oem set up.

cpcdem
14-06-2018, 00:05
Just gave it a try, I understand what you guys mean, but for me, I did not have much issue, because my FFB strength settings are very low. I did feel that wobbling force on the wheel, I could handle it quite easily, but I imagine that if you are having a strong FFB, it will be almost impossible. Try lowering your FFB strength, does it drive better now?

Btw, I had not driven this car before and I just realized what I was missing...it feels brilliant, needs to be very careful on acceleration, but it feels so nice, especially in mid-speed corners! I have no idea how realistic is its behavior in game, but since it is a road car, with no wings, immense acceleration and top speed at 360 km/h that is easy to reach, it doesn't sound unrealistic that it can wobble at that speed, or while putting the pedal to the floor at low gears.

chieflongshin
14-06-2018, 18:14
It's a great car but its the top end its so bizarre. I'm only running my FFB volume on 55 and I still found it was like driving like I was deliberately weaving. I can imagine with the right tune the cars amazing.

cpcdem
14-06-2018, 20:38
It's a great car but its the top end its so bizarre. I'm only running my FFB volume on 55 and I still found it was like driving like I was deliberately weaving. I can imagine with the right tune the cars amazing.

With default it's still fine! But my FFB volume is way below 55 :)

morpwr
14-06-2018, 20:46
With default it's still fine! But my FFB volume is way below 55 :)

Im usually about 35 much higher and you lose the feel of the chassis moving. Were are you at?

cpcdem
14-06-2018, 23:14
Im usually about 35 much higher and you lose the feel of the chassis moving. Were are you at?

15 :). With Tone 60 and FX zero, using a G29. And still it feels too strong to me, but so far I have resisted further lowering the volume :)

morpwr
14-06-2018, 23:49
15 :). With Tone 60 and FX zero, using a G29. And still it feels too strong to me, but so far I have resisted further lowering the volume :)

Im down to 28 and that feels really good with just about every car. Just ran this car with it and it felt great.