PDA

View Full Version : Customized Liveries

Fearless-RSA
12-06-2018, 09:58
I have posted several topics here but none of them have been replied to, so I suppose this one will be the same. Anyway - I would like to know why Project Cars 2 developers are not allowing the addition of custom liveries to be seen by other drivers. For League racing for example. Their liveries are good and everything, but why not give the members the option to customize liveries a little. In Project Cars 1 you could do it (F1 2016 Livery Pack). Why not Project Cars 2? If they make the game a little bit more customizable (Not performance but visuals ONLY) that would surely make the game much more popular. Other games like Automobilista and rFactor and Assetto Corsa are all customizable and members are able to add user-made tracks and cars... which in my opinion sets them apart from Project Cars 2. This game has the potential to be the best of all, but is limited by missing features. Like Driver Swap for endurance racing as well. Why have it in previous game but not this one. What is the deal with that?

Bealdor
12-06-2018, 10:47
The custom livery system is the same as in PCARS 1, not sure where you read that it was different in the first game.
Improvements to it didn't make the cut unfortunately.

Online driver swap wasn't in PCARS 1 either. It was offline only, which is still possible in PCARS 2.

AbeWoz
12-06-2018, 10:52
I have posted several topics here but none of them have been replied to, so I suppose this one will be the same. Anyway - I would like to know why Project Cars 2 developers are not allowing the addition of custom liveries to be seen by other drivers. For League racing for example. Their liveries are good and everything, but why not give the members the option to customize liveries a little. In Project Cars 1 you could do it (F1 2016 Livery Pack). Why not Project Cars 2? If they make the game a little bit more customizable (Not performance but visuals ONLY) that would surely make the game much more popular. Other games like Automobilista and rFactor and Assetto Corsa are all customizable and members are able to add user-made tracks and cars... which in my opinion sets them apart from Project Cars 2. This game has the potential to be the best of all, but is limited by missing features. Like Driver Swap for endurance racing as well. Why have it in previous game but not this one. What is the deal with that?

in order for driver X to see driver Y's custom livery, Driver X needs to have that livery installed on his/her local machine. Unfortunately, since only 1 custom skin per-car is allowed, all players running custom skins in that particular car will show up as the same livery.

It was the same in PC1, it's the same in other games like Assetto Corsa. The only difference is that in AC, you can have as many liveries per-car as you desire.

The 'Custom Livery Tool' for PC1 allowed more than 1 skin per-car, but was not fully functional online until SMS introduced the 'mods.txt' update, but that was about a year after initial release.

Brainbug
12-06-2018, 18:18
The custom livery system is the same as in PCARS 1, not sure where you read that it was different in the first game.
Improvements to it didn't make the cut unfortunately. ...
Well, to be precise, it is not 100% as in pcars 1. rim painting, mate color and chrome. a great metallic option for the user was never possible, but would be great to have.

I do not know but speculating a some sort of new tech in some area car related is active in pcars2, so it was not that easy to say „we take it from part 1“ :)

Still, i hope sms will bring it in at some date. even with metallic :D

Reiche
12-06-2018, 20:00
Well, to be precise, it is not 100% as in pcars 1. rim painting, mate color and chrome. a great metallic option for the user was never possible, but would be great to have.

I do not know but speculating a some sort of new tech in some area car related is active in pcars2, so it was not that easy to say „we take it from part 1“ :)

Still, i hope sms will bring it in at some date. even with metallic :D

Nah, it still is exactly the same.. The system remained unchanged, but we get less access to customise our cars than in part 1 - only diffuse texture instead of diffuse, specular, fresnel and rim textures.

I still hope the new "restrictions" are due to licensing issues. If it is for other reasons, we have to accept it and we'll have to see what we can do.

Once more, please SMS, surprise us once again and give us more options with regard to liveries. ❤️ It won't hurt the single player or casual online racer, but would definitely give so much to leagues and to nerds who feel like using the custom grid tool etc