PDA

View Full Version : SMS should not add more road cars...

UkHardcore23
12-06-2018, 15:55
Or should they? I've been a firm believer that PCARS should be a proper Motorsport game and should limit the amount of road cars in the game also and the fact ive never really liked the way they have handled in both games compared to other titles that have road cars in them. Last night was a different story though and i spent 4 hours going round Knockhill and Oulton in nothing but road cars and they handled amazingly well! Now i dont know when the change happened that they became so great and so much fun to drive as i've barely touched the road cars since trying them out on release but it actually felt i was playing a much much better Forza or GT game.

So should they add more road cars? God dam without a doubt i'd welcome them with open arms!

Has anyone else changed their minds on them?

pferreirag60
12-06-2018, 15:58
I like them both. And the road cars in Pcars2 for me are so good as the race cars, both of them is a pleasure to drive. I like so much to drive in Pcars2 that i donīt find the need to play against other players (Wreckers) :p

gregc
12-06-2018, 16:19
Or should they? I've been a firm believer that PCARS should be a proper Motorsport game and should limit the amount of road cars in the game also and the fact ive never really liked the way they have handled in both games compared to other titles that have road cars in them. Last night was a different story though and i spent 4 hours going round Knockhill and Oulton in nothing but road cars and they handled amazingly well! Now i dont know when the change happened that they became so great and so much fun to drive as i've barely touched the road cars since trying them out on release but it actually felt i was playing a much much better Forza or GT game.

So should they add more road cars? God dam without a doubt i'd welcome them with open arms!

I haven't - it's all about the race cars for me. Personally I'd be happy without any road cars at all, but I'm almost certainly in the minority there...

chieflongshin
12-06-2018, 16:26

Itís funny you say that imas I unpacked my wheel again the other day and did some mixed class road races at Caldwell park. Iím by no means an 80% difficulty guy as my wheels not mounted properly and I canít get aggressive with however I absolutely loved trying to hustle an old evo on pace with the likes of Astonís. Brilliant!!

cpcdem
12-06-2018, 16:27
I think there's a good ratio between road and race cars, for me it's a pleasure driving both types.

Schnizz58
12-06-2018, 16:33
I don't drive road cars much but I think the game wouldn't be as good without them. They definitely require a different style of driving and until you make that adjustment, you won't have as much fun in them.

Mahjik
12-06-2018, 16:34
Not a lot has really changed with the street cars (i.e. there have been more changes with the modern slicks over the patches).

I too was one that was not of fan of road cars. I spent a lot of time with PC1 surprisingly enjoying them on the smaller tracks. I do enjoy running street cars on Ruapuna... Like to setup long practice sessions with the street cars on that track as it feels just like a track day. ;)

TorTorden
12-06-2018, 16:34
Yes to both.

More please.

I would buy a second season DLC in heartbeat.

rich1e I
12-06-2018, 16:39
Same here, couldn't care less about the road cars so please no more of them, but I can imagine manufacturers want game develpers to implement some of their road cars in games. The Porsche GT3 RS is really fun to drive though, really enjoyed driving it.

cluck
12-06-2018, 16:40
If you haven't raced in the KTM X-Bow R, you haven't lived. Take that around one of the smaller, twistier tracks and smile the broadest smile :)

Olijke Poffer
12-06-2018, 16:43
I don’t like to drive the road cars either. I drove the most but I like the LMP and GT3 the most followed by the open cars. So for me there is no need for more rod cars..

Urban Chaos 2.0
12-06-2018, 16:55
WE NEED MORE ROAD CARS!!!! Modern road cars are especially very popular. It would be a terrible decision to stop including them! SMS, please give us a BMW M4 Competition pack!!!

rich1e I
12-06-2018, 17:02
Now If they model an M4 the M4 GT4 would be much more exciting, wouldn't it? Or if SMS could get the license, the M4 DTM.

banner77amc
12-06-2018, 17:15
I think the road cars are a good thing to have (if they have a world to live in). Road cars in other games are most usually turned into modded as close to race car looks. In project cars I feel they aren't given a race discipline other than a few point to point races and track day races. In my experience where people will run a car from the factory in real life is in time trial cone courses. (Track day cars that can be road cars aren't applicable here)

The road cars on PCARS seem out of place only because most courses are for racing, most cars are racing cars and there is a level of glory with liveried race cars.

Maybe if it had its own championship classes? Going from road A to Trackday cars? (just thinking of a way that Road cars can be pulled into the game more)

RacingAtHome
12-06-2018, 17:42
I don't drive the road cars that much but I don't think some of them are in for that reason. Manufacturers care about car sales. You're not going to have that by having a Mercedes GT1. You're only going to have that by having the road cars in game.

Urban Chaos 2.0
12-06-2018, 17:52
I don't drive the road cars that much but I don't think some of them are in for that reason. Manufacturers care about car sales. You're not going to have that by having a Mercedes GT1. You're only going to have that by having the road cars in game.

EXACTLY!!! This "no road cars" idea, is rally dumb. We need MORE of them, not less.

rich1e I
12-06-2018, 17:53
Sure, 60 road cars aren't enough. WE NEED MOAR!! xD

Flat-6
12-06-2018, 19:53
I am into the race cars. The road cars just don't do it for me like the race cars do.

Tank621
12-06-2018, 20:34
As much as I don't care for road cars I have no problem with them being there

I do sometimes enjoy the lower tier road cars like the GT86 just a fun little though but I would still rather have more classic race cars before anything else :D

Stewy32
12-06-2018, 20:37
Some of the road cars I'll be honest and say I don't really care about but a few are really fun.Personally,I am happy with the amount we currently have in-game and hope that more come,as long as more race cars come as well.

morpwr
12-06-2018, 20:46
As much as I don't care for road cars I have no problem with them being there

I do sometimes enjoy the lower tier road cars like the GT86 just a fun little though but I would still rather have more classic race cars before anything else :D

Totally agree. Once in awhile the road cars are fun for a more relaxing run. Id love to see them fill out the trans am class with some more american cars.

Jezza819
12-06-2018, 21:28
I've tried to get into road cars but I just can't enjoy them like I do race cars. But I certainly don't ever want to see a SMS game totally without them.

UkHardcore23
12-06-2018, 21:54
If you haven't raced in the KTM X-Bow R, you haven't lived. Take that around one of the smaller, twistier tracks and smile the broadest smile :)

Just took it round Monaco 20 laps with just 5 AI...Amazing. Took a few laps to get used to it but once got the hang of it so much fun.

So whats changed with road cars is it just the tyre model? Anytime i raced with them before they felt like i was driving an over inflated bouncy castle on wheels total contrast to now.

shadybrady
13-06-2018, 00:52

Honestly people like you drive me crazy. The whole "proper motorsports" thing is so absurdly bizarre I don't even know where to begin. First of all, you can create your own experience in this game. You don't need the game to limit your options in order to have an experience. If you don't want to use road cars, then don't. I myself spend more time in the road cars than I do any of the other cars. So yes, I would like to see more road cars. Do you know why that is? There are no real competitors for this game on PC that aren't ancient. Forza is an off the wall arcade game that doesn't give me any satisfaction with regard to driving mechanics. I'm sure there are plenty of people just like myself who spend a lot of time in the road cars. Stop adding more road cars, and watch us all get bored and move away. That's not good for anybody, including yourself. The revenue used to add more of the features you personally enjoy, could perhaps come from some of the features you don't enjoy. You have to remember that, as well as what I mentioned earlier. There is nothing in this game that's stopping you from having "a proper motorsports" experience. Your virtual reality fantasy that is "proper motorsports experience" should not be forced on others, nor should you try. That's your fantasy man, not mine. If you're really that hard pressed to have a proper motorsports experience, go buy a car and find a track. Nobody's stopping you. Just so I'm clear, my issue with your post isn't about what you like or enjoy. It's the fact that your title implies taking away stuff that other folks enjoy. That's actually kinda gross.

CPU M Rossi
13-06-2018, 01:03
Honestly people like you drive me crazy. The whole "proper motorsports" thing is so absurdly bizarre I don't even know where to begin. First of all, you can create your own experience in this game. You don't need the game to limit your options in order to have an experience. If you don't want to use road cars, then don't. I myself spend more time in the road cars than I do any of the other cars. So yes, I would like to see more road cars. Do you know why that is? There are no real competitors for this game on PC that aren't ancient. Forza is an off the wall arcade game that doesn't give me any satisfaction with regard to driving mechanics. I'm sure there are plenty of people just like myself who spend a lot of time in the road cars. Stop adding more road cars, and watch us all get bored and move away. That's not good for anybody, including yourself. The revenue used to add more of the features you personally enjoy, could perhaps come from some of the features you don't enjoy. You have to remember that, as well as what I mentioned earlier. There is nothing in this game that's stopping you from having "a proper motorsports" experience. Your virtual reality fantasy that is "proper motorsports experience" should not be forced on others, nor should you try. That's your fantasy man, not mine. If you're really that hard pressed to have a proper motorsports experience, go buy a car and find a track. Nobody's stopping you.

ummm did you read all of the post or did you just read the title and then post? cause they switch at the end and say they like road cars.

shadybrady
13-06-2018, 01:11
ummm did you read all of the post or did you just read the title and then post? cause they switch at the end and say they like road cars.

Yes I read the thread. I don't care if the title was click-bait and the author comes to conclude they enjoy road cars. The point of my post was with regard to this mindset of taking things away from people to fulfill some type of VR fantasy. I see people do this all the time in motorsports games. They think everybody is engaged in some knee-deep VR fantasy, and lose their minds if anybody gets in between them and their fantasy. Go on YouTube and watch some of the videos of British kids losing their minds when somebody taps their fender in a race. "oh my god!, how could you tap my fender?? That shows a lot about you as a person!". It's like these people are so invested in their fantasy , they don't think for a minute about anybody else. It's such a selfish mindset. That's what I was referring to. It's the idea that they even consider taking away things that other people enjoy that annoys me. As it should you. It's not the conclusion that's gross, it's the premise.

OperatorWay
13-06-2018, 01:30
I vote for zero road cars & zero open-road/highway courses (except Nordschleife), and I vote to direct all those related resources solely to race/track cars & circuits.

(I'm not trying to imply nobody else's preferences matter - I'm only voicing my own preferences.)

RacingAtHome
13-06-2018, 02:03
EXACTLY!!! This "no road cars" idea, is rally dumb. We need MORE of them, not less.

You're not understanding my point. I'm not a fan of road cars. But the point they're in is because the manufacturers want them in because of marketing.

shadybrady
13-06-2018, 02:45
[QUOTE=OperatorWay;1518992]I vote for zero road cars & zero open-road/highway courses (except Nordschleife), and I vote to direct all those related resources solely to race/track cars & circuits.

(I'm not trying to imply nobody else's preferences matter - I'm only voicing my own preferences.)[/QUOTE

I would think about what this game sets out to accomplish, and then compare it to what you want it to be. The game doesn't even attempt to pigeon-hole itself into a specific genre. That's good. That means more people go out and buy the title, and support presumably one of the only developers in the industry who can actually get the driving mechanics right. If you make a game too niche, you lose a lot of public interest , and consequently can't even finance any of it anymore. That's why the game casts a wide enough net to begin with. I think they're doing an awesome job of finding a balance between what you're looking for, and what somebody like myself is looking for. Most of the cars in the game are already geared toward your style of racing. The fact that you wish to remove folks like myself from the game in order to obtain some sort of purist approach to motorsports circuit racing is as I stated before, selfish. Like I said, there's a great deal of difference between requesting more of what you prefer, and requesting a removal of something you don't, especially when the things you don't prefer aren't in your way. You could argue that resources spent refining road cars could otherwise be spent refining race/track cars, but I'd revert to my original point of losing a massive portion of consumers , and could put the entire series at risk of failing, or turning into a monthly/annual pay-per-play type of game. Which is why I express an interest in the things I like, rather than express an interest in taking away what you like. Now that's a vote. You didn't even really vote. You voted to be a tyrant. lol And that's not very Texanesque :rolleyes:

OperatorWay
13-06-2018, 03:01
I would think about what this game sets out to accomplish...

Project C.A.R.S. = "Community Assisted Racing Simulator" ...To my knowledge, there aren't many (if any) sanctioning bodies in motorsport running racing championships for bone-stock road cars.

...The fact that you wish to remove folks like myself from the game in order to obtain some sort of purist approach to motorsports circuit racing is as I stated before, selfish... You voted to be a tyrant...

LOL! Having my own opinions & preferences does not mean I'm a "selfish tyrant." That's quite an amazing leap. :applause:

...you lose a lot of public interest, and consequently can't even finance any of it anymore... losing a massive portion of consumers , and could put the entire series at risk of failing...

If this game/series fails, I highly doubt it will be because of its selection of content.

WellRED Barron
13-06-2018, 04:39
CARS however are these four wheeled horseless carriages we use to transport ourselves long distances.

You see, the acronym spells all the letters in CARS, as it is intended to be a double entendres. Lest we say each letter in the acronym individually... which we don’t.

So, let me assist the community by requesting more road cars until I get my MX-5 in this fine racing simulator!

:p

Sankyo
13-06-2018, 06:05
Racing with fast cars is fun because of the speeds and performance requiring certain racing skills and quick thinking. Racing slower cars is fun because it requires different skills and a different kind of tactical thinking. I'm open to both kinds of racing and enjoy both, so whatever can be added more to the game is welcomed by me.

Just Another Frog
13-06-2018, 09:20
Racing with fast cars is fun because of the speeds and performance requiring certain racing skills and quick thinking. Racing slower cars is fun because it requires different skills and a different kind of tactical thinking. I'm open to both kinds of racing and enjoy both, so whatever can be added more to the game is welcomed by me.

This is a really good point. I got a greater degree of immersion racing the class D and E cars in FMS4 than I did with any of the race specific vehicles the game had to offer. Just because a car doesn't have a huge wing, fancy racing liveries or masses of horsepower doesn't mean you cannot race it.
I'm not saying ''the more the merrier'' (I personally would much prefer to see the lesser populated actual racing classes expanded with the same levels of enthusiasm SMS give to the GT3 class) but providing these cars are driveable and not just gimmicky Forza-esque inclusions added solely for the sake of a more impressive car count then I don't really have a problem with what cars find their way into PC2.

The only real issue I have is that a huge chunk of these road cars take up valuable leaderboard space on consoles.

Cheesenium
13-06-2018, 09:42
I do quite enjoy most of the road cars in Pcars and I felt the ratio of road to race cars is right for the game.

Would love some more of the road versions of the race cars, like M3 and Cayman when we have the GT4 version and so on.

Zaskarspants
13-06-2018, 09:54
I don't think the handling of the road cars has changed greatly this patch.

I like many of the road cars and would welcome more, but I am not interested in any more over engined ego massaging 1000hp hypercars. Road A is one area I rarely go, except the bac mono, is that road A or B?

TorTorden
13-06-2018, 10:20
Most infuriating and most skill demanding race I have ever had in a game I believe was the volkswagen bus or beetle race around the top gear track in GT3.

It's in the slow cars that really show who the better drivers are, and naturally, exactly how much I suck in comparrison

It's a different kind of fun, because I can enjoy fine, lean cuisine, doesn't mean I also cannot enjoy hamburgers and pizza.
Or, it's not that since I like wine, doesn't mean I don't love beer.

Sankyo
13-06-2018, 10:22
Did league races for many years in the Mini Cooper S in GT Legends. Underpowered understeering piece of metal but so much fun with the close racing it provided because of that :)

Zaskarspants
13-06-2018, 10:47
^^^ Oh yes I would totally die of joy if we had mini coopers. Was it grid autosport that had mini miglias? I loved them.

http://www.mini7.co.uk/miglia.php

( oops car request)

Gav88888
13-06-2018, 10:54
I like both in the game, but I find road cars harder in a way than race cars to drive, so maybe that is why people don't like them. Its easy to hammer a GT3 car around with its slicks and downforce but doing the same in a road car is a little more tricky.

rosko
13-06-2018, 11:02
Road cars are great because you can stick off road tyres or ice tyres on them & have some of the most fun races. I like all sorts of cars because i like cars irl i'm a motorhead the more variety of car the better.

UkHardcore23
13-06-2018, 12:41
Did league races for many years in the Mini Cooper S in GT Legends. Underpowered understeering piece of metal but so much fun with the close racing it provided because of that :)

Would love to see a Mini Cooper S in or the John Cooper Works or even better the MX-5!

Tommikke
13-06-2018, 12:54
Would love to see a Mini Cooper S in or the John Cooper Works or even better the MX-5!

Give us all of them!

rich1e I
13-06-2018, 12:57
Regardless of whether we like road cars or not they will be part of racing simulators because manufacturers want to showcase their cars. The purist approach such as 'It's from racers for racers, not from sunday drivers for sunday drivers' is very naive of course, and some of the road cars clearly deserve to be included in the title, legends such as the Jaguar XJ220, Ferrari 288 GTO, Porsche 959, Mustang '66 etc. or cars other people mentioned like the KTM X-Bow, Caterham or the BAC Mono. They can all be fun to drive.
I'm only asking the question, do we need 50 or 60 road cars? I can imagine it's a hell of a lot of work to model and create a car. So much energy and time wasted in my view. 20 road cars would've been more than enough but it seems Jaguar want their F-Type included, Porsche the 918/GT3 RS etc, but I highly doubt this increases any sales.

Bealdor
13-06-2018, 12:57
Remco's Law in full effect again today!

Sankyo
13-06-2018, 13:02

More reliable than gravity :D

rich1e I
13-06-2018, 13:23

Are you referring to me? I know Murphy's and Godwin's Law, but Remco's Law, never heard of it.

cpcdem
13-06-2018, 13:30
Road A is one area I rarely go, except the bac mono, is that road A or B?

Was it grid autosport that had mini miglias? I loved them.

That's a "B" and a "Yes" :)
And I love both the Bac in PC2 and the Mini in Autosport!

cluck
13-06-2018, 13:50
Are you referring to me? I know Murphy's and Godwin's Law, but Remco's Law, never heard of it.Remco's First Law of Forum Behaviour states that "Every thread on the Project CARS forums will, eventually, turn into a car request thread"

EDIT : It's another one of those pCARS in-jokes (like SA.....er, Coleslaw)

rich1e I
13-06-2018, 13:54
Remco's First Law of Forum Behaviour states that "Every thread on the Project CARS forums will, eventually, turn into a car request thread"

Ah alright, thanks for clarifying!

CPU M Rossi
13-06-2018, 18:54
Yes I read the thread. I don't care if the title was click-bait and the author comes to conclude they enjoy road cars. The point of my post was with regard to this mindset of taking things away from people to fulfill some type of VR fantasy. I see people do this all the time in motorsports games. They think everybody is engaged in some knee-deep VR fantasy, and lose their minds if anybody gets in between them and their fantasy. Go on YouTube and watch some of the videos of British kids losing their minds when somebody taps their fender in a race. "oh my god!, how could you tap my fender?? That shows a lot about you as a person!". It's like these people are so invested in their fantasy , they don't think for a minute about anybody else. It's such a selfish mindset. That's what I was referring to. It's the idea that they even consider taking away things that other people enjoy that annoys me. As it should you. It's not the conclusion that's gross, it's the premise.

ok wasn't gonna respond but yes getting by hit someone is annoying, but yeah mistakes do happen but you also have to realize that those "selfish fantasy people" more then likely if they play a lot have been hit a lot by a bunch of people. Also isn't a bit selfish to race like "Opps I hit someone. Oh well, its just a game they should get over it!". As it said tho there are 3 sides to every story side a side b and the real truth. Anyway in the end both sides can seem a bit selfish, it just depends on which end of that bumped fender you are on really.

rosko
13-06-2018, 21:12
Regardless of whether we like road cars or not they will be part of racing simulators because manufacturers want to showcase their cars. The purist approach such as 'It's from racers for racers, not from sunday drivers for sunday drivers' is very naive of course, and some of the road cars clearly deserve to be included in the title, legends such as the Jaguar XJ220, Ferrari 288 GTO, Porsche 959, Mustang '66 etc. or cars other people mentioned like the KTM X-Bow, Caterham or the BAC Mono. They can all be fun to drive.
I'm only asking the question, do we need 50 or 60 road cars? I can imagine it's a hell of a lot of work to model and create a car. So much energy and time wasted in my view. 20 road cars would've been more than enough but it seems Jaguar want their F-Type included, Porsche the 918/GT3 RS etc, but I highly doubt this increases any sales.

The cars need other cars to race against. How do you know what generates sales? how does a sim like Assetto Corsa do well with such a high number of road cars? I just don't understand why people think this game should be only a racing car sim when its always been about cars, the game is essentially a sandbox for you to do what you like. This is 100% about what you want so why even ask the question? Throwing in 20 cars as gesture isn't hiding that.

Bealdor
13-06-2018, 22:03
Believe it or not but those shiny road cars (some people refer to them as "wasted energy" apparently) are most likely selling more game copies than everyone's beloved GT3 class.

rich1e I
13-06-2018, 22:13
The cars need other cars to race against. How do you know what generates sales? how does a sim like Assetto Corsa do well with such a high number of road cars? I just don't understand why people think this game should be only a racing car sim when its always been about cars, the game is essentially a sandbox for you to do what you like. This is 100% about what you want so why even ask the question? Throwing in 20 cars as gesture isn't hiding that.

Why would someone choose to race the AMG GT-R rather than its GT3 cousin? These cars are heavy, they handle worse, have less grip, downforce and brake worse, and honestly I doubt that the AC guys would've added so many SUVs and other cars if Maserati&Co. didn't ask them to do so in their deal. If someone likes cruising with an awesome supercar, it's totally fine. I enjoy that as well from time to time. Driving a legend like the XJ220 is pretty cool and the Porsche GT3 RS is actually a blast, but it's all about racing so why would someone prefer the GT3 RS over the GT3-R?

rich1e I
13-06-2018, 22:18
Believe it or not but those shiny road cars (some people refer to them as "wasted energy" apparently) are most likely selling more game copies than everyone's beloved GT3 class.

You could've directed your post to me directly instead of talking about 'some people'. If the majority really like road cars more and buy the game for that reason, then I'm wrong, but you say 'most likely' so you can't be too sure.

cpcdem
13-06-2018, 22:20

...and something tells me you're not talking about the Road E/F/G cars that I absolutely love to drive (edit: race! :)), like the Escorts, Quattros, Civics etc :)

Bealdor
13-06-2018, 22:26
You could've directed your post to me directly instead of talking about 'some people'. If the majority really like road cars more and buy the game for that reason, then I'm wrong, but you say 'most likely' so you can't be too sure.

I didn't direct it at you specifically because you're by far not the only one with this opinion.

I'm pretty sure about that actually: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/tut-what-did-they-do.377360/#post-12296762

rich1e I
13-06-2018, 22:34
I didn't direct it at you specifically because you're by far not the only one with this opinion.

I'm pretty sure about that actually: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/tut-what-did-they-do.377360/#post-12296762

Thanks for the link, I'll have a look. I've never read anything about the preferences of people when it comes to buying a racing simulator. I thought the addition of road cars in the game was forced primarily by manufacturers. I know that many people like road cars but I never thought it'd be the majority.

Tank621
13-06-2018, 22:37
Why would someone choose to race the AMG GT-R rather than its GT3 cousin? These cars are heavy, they handle worse, have less grip, downforce and brake worse

Well I assume it's because it offers a different and unique challenge to drive and because they can be far more entertaining to drive. Road Cars are not why I personally play the game but there are alot of people who enjoy them far more than the race cars. If people are enjoying them I can't see any problem with it

Cheesenium
14-06-2018, 07:01
Why would someone choose to race the AMG GT-R rather than its GT3 cousin?

Because I want something different? Road cars bring variety to the game that made it more interesting. I quite like the AMG GTR, it is a fun car to drive.

These cars are heavy, they handle worse, have less grip, downforce and brake worse

That is the fun part and it felt more like driving those older race cars that are worse than any of the modern race cars.

That Maserati 250F is one of my favourite cars in AC. It is like driving death tube with a reasonably powerful engine despite it drives even worse than any of the road cars.

MaximusN
14-06-2018, 07:16
I actually like the challenge of a heavier car and softer springs. Especially the latter makes them less predictable, but more correctable when it goes wrong. It's a real shame there aren't more rooms with road cars. To me the only downside is they have less setup options, so it's harder to tune out unwanted behaviour.

chastewand
14-06-2018, 07:25
Personally the lack of race cars in the forza series was part of the reason why I havn't bought the game since forza 4 (7 came free with the one x). Race cars are what it's all about for me, but I appreciate everyone is different.

Now maybe if SMS added motorbikes I'd be more likely to buy the game! Bikes are my passion for the road, I've owned and ridden far more bikes than cars, but that's all about performance vs price - you can't beat a bike on that measure!

More seriously I've never driven the road cars in either of the pc1 or 2, not interested. The decision of SMS to focus on tracks was the best decision ever made, no point in having in having a virtual garage full of cars if you have nowhere to drive them - more tracks please!

MaximusN
14-06-2018, 09:59
Personally the lack of race cars in the forza series was part of the reason why I havn't bought the game since forza 4 (7 came free with the one x). Race cars are what it's all about for me, but I appreciate everyone is different.

Now maybe if SMS added motorbikes I'd be more likely to buy the game! Bikes are my passion for the road, I've owned and ridden far more bikes than cars, but that's all about performance vs price - you can't beat a bike on that measure!

More seriously I've never driven the road cars in either of the pc1 or 2, not interested. The decision of SMS to focus on tracks was the best decision ever made, no point in having in having a virtual garage full of cars if you have nowhere to drive them - more tracks please!

I appreciate everyone is different too, but I wouldn't like bikes in my car game one bit(the boats, bikes and planes in the Crew put me off severly too). If you think race vs road cars is apples and oranges, cars and bikes are apples and ants...

PostBox981
14-06-2018, 10:21
Didnīt go through the whole thread, but... What I like about the road cars is all the details with the original dash boards they have. Take the Audi A1 at dawn and then turn the lights on and watch the interior and you know what I mean. :) Most of them really make me feel like driving a car I most likely will never be able to afford. So yes, I would happily accept more road cars as well as any race cars.

chastewand
14-06-2018, 10:34
I appreciate everyone is different too, but I wouldn't like bikes in my car game one bit(the boats, bikes and planes in the Crew put me off severly too). If you think race vs road cars is apples and oranges, cars and bikes are apples and ants...

The comment about bikes was a joke based around what people drive and the appeal of thrashing your own virtual road car around a track. I don't really want to have bikes in project cars! Besides I own the game, the best and most realistic racing sim available for consoles, and that's the appeal.

Yorkshireboy
15-06-2018, 16:54
Im with OP on this, I have a road car parked outside, its shit and slow.

shadybrady
16-06-2018, 00:42
Project C.A.R.S. = "Community Assisted Racing Simulator" ...To my knowledge, there aren't many (if any) sanctioning bodies in motorsport running racing championships for bone-stock road cars.

LOL! Having my own opinions & preferences does not mean I'm a "selfish tyrant." That's quite an amazing leap. :applause:

If this game/series fails, I highly doubt it will be because of its selection of content.

A Laferrari is considered a road car. The P1 is considered a road car. The 918 spyder is considered a road car. These cars are faster around a circuit than most "race cars" needing nothing more than a set of tires to get it done. Now what?

Yes, actually it does make you selfish in the way you framed it. If you said "I prefer race cars" that would be an example of a non selfish preference. Saying "I vote to have only race cars and circuits, no more road cars and highways" is not the same thing considering what's already in the game. What's stopping you from avoiding the road cars and highways? What part am I missing? Guess what, I don't like oval tracks. So you know what I don't drive on? I definitely don't request the dev's take them out of the game because I don't like them, because that would be selfish. And no, that's not a leap. That's just common sense. The developers put these cars and tracks in the game for a reason. Just like the named the game (C.A.R.S.) . You can't have it both ways.

Also, road cars are actually challenging. If I'm going to lap with a GT3 or something, I basically need a cup of coffee and an adderall. Otherwise I'll fall asleep. And that's not a testament to me being good. It's a testament to how well those cars handle with all the aero.

rosko
16-06-2018, 09:36
Why would someone choose to race the AMG GT-R rather than its GT3 cousin? These cars are heavy, they handle worse, have less grip, downforce and brake worse, and honestly I doubt that the AC guys would've added so many SUVs and other cars if Maserati&Co. didn't ask them to do so in their deal. If someone likes cruising with an awesome supercar, it's totally fine. I enjoy that as well from time to time. Driving a legend like the XJ220 is pretty cool and the Porsche GT3 RS is actually a blast, but it's all about racing so why would someone prefer the GT3 RS over the GT3-R?

There you go again, projecting your own preferences as some sort of 'ideal'.

For a start your idea of a road car & a race car seem somewhat narrow. Many of the race cars in this game do not have down force, good breaks etc and visa-versa.

By your logic they may as well cut out many of the vintage race cars as well?

Also you idea of what people do with road cars is somewhat narrow, in-fact i do wonder if you are just in here trolling, so i'm not going to waste any more time in here.

MaximusN
16-06-2018, 10:10
It's the basic problem with sims. Some people think having road cars in it 'ruins' the sim experience and fight for getting rid of them, but if the road car is well simulated it obviously does not(conflict with or ruin the sim). It also doesn't meddle with any of the real race classes within that sim so I don't get why they get so worked up anyway.

There are a bunch of road cars in PC1/2 that I like driving better than a whole bunch of race cars in PC1/2. They are just a hell of a lot more enjoyable to drive. Same goes for Assetto and rFactor2 btw.

Zaskarspants
16-06-2018, 10:52
IIrc most of the cars in road a are marked one out of three for control difficulty when really they should be three, the most difficult.

Robhd
16-06-2018, 11:02
I would like to see more road cars in the game, but possibly racing in their own classes /categories? Part of the reason i enjoy this element is the very night and day difference between road and race cars... You go gee this road car is fun/quick... Then hop into a full blown race car and its WTF..OMG!... See, thats called...wait for it...F..U..N!

rich1e I
16-06-2018, 11:48
There you go again, projecting your own preferences as some sort of 'ideal'.

For a start your idea of a road car & a race car seem somewhat narrow. Many of the race cars in this game do not have down force, good breaks etc and visa-versa.

By your logic they may as well cut out many of the vintage race cars as well?

Also you idea of what people do with road cars is somewhat narrow, in-fact i do wonder if you are just in here trolling, so i'm not going to waste any more time in here.

I don't know what your problem is. How on earth can someone interprete so much nonsense into my words? Sorry sir, if someone is projecting a lot, then it's you. Please read again. Making a 'race cars master race' debate of it makes me really shake my head. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings in some way. I portrayed my view on the topic, not more or less.

Edit: I must add that I can't remember anyone here 'fighting' to get rid of any road cars. Too much drama, really.

Bultaco85
16-06-2018, 12:43

They SHOULD!

Eric Everfast
16-06-2018, 17:23
I'm a race car guy as well but road cars have their much needed place in the game. As some have mentioned, it requires more skill to get a road car around a track optimally. I enjoy the humbling moments and learning experiences that road cars provide; these are the reasons I'll go back to them every so often.

There is no need for elitism by suggesting that the game should do away with the road cars. If anything, they are the vehicles where we build up the most skill as drivers.

simsimsheree
16-06-2018, 20:00
My take on the 'more road cars' issue is mostly from a BoP issue, but there is also a noob factor involved too.

Especially on console, firstly you have to remember where the vast majority of players are going to have to come from... GT and Forza. Games that road cars have far more prominence in than PC2. Low power road cars are not only the standard introduction level to the tire and handling model, which gets the noobs familiar with the game while staying at power levels they can get themselves out of trouble with, but allow many of us to virtually race our daily drivers...

But the main issue I'd say we need more road cars for is, very few of the road car Groups have much BoP in them. They have a rabbit or two, and a bunch of tortoises. Which makes them pretty boring to pick as a race. Unless SMS decide to add a BoP option to all Groups, the only way out of the hole is more cars, with an emphasis on cars that have better parity.

So, yes... More road cars, please!

OperatorWay
16-06-2018, 21:27
A Laferrari is considered a road car. The P1 is considered a road car. The 918 spyder is considered a road car. These cars are faster around a circuit than most "race cars" needing nothing more than a set of tires to get it done. Now what?

Yes, actually it does make you selfish in the way you framed it. If you said "I prefer race cars" that would be an example of a non selfish preference. Saying "I vote to have only race cars and circuits, no more road cars and highways" is not the same thing considering what's already in the game. What's stopping you from avoiding the road cars and highways? What part am I missing? Guess what, I don't like oval tracks. So you know what I don't drive on? I definitely don't request the dev's take them out of the game because I don't like them, because that would be selfish. And no, that's not a leap. That's just common sense. The developers put these cars and tracks in the game for a reason. Just like the named the game (C.A.R.S.) . You can't have it both ways.

Also, road cars are actually challenging. If I'm going to lap with a GT3 or something, I basically need a cup of coffee and an adderall. Otherwise I'll fall asleep. And that's not a testament to me being good. It's a testament to how well those cars handle with all the aero.

Having my own personal preferences is not a selfish attack on you or on your preferences. I have zero interest in defending my preferences, and even less interest in trying to convince you to change your preferences. Rock on with your road car love.

Theruleslawyer
18-06-2018, 14:43
I'd love to see more road cars, but specifically ones that are common track day cars.

mx5, s2000, mustang GT, camaro SS, wrx, non R corvettes, Standard M bmws, AMG c63, etc.

These are cars you're likely to see if you go to a track day. It'd be fun to run the track in something closer to a car you'd actually bring there. I've been on Road America in my C5 'vette for instance. Being able to practice that would be excellent. Or I have friends who do track days in M3's. It'd be fun to compare vs their actual lap times, etc.

I don't really need to see cars that have no business on a track like a corolla or something. I don't need the ability to 'modify' stock cars (Other than maybe common spec classes like spec miata).

I kinda dig the slower classes.