PDA

View Full Version : Strategy and repair

sirio994
17-06-2018, 21:03
What do you usually repair in your base strategy (and for different lenghts)? The default strategy repairs everything but my best solution so far has been a 2-way base strategy with aero for one and everything except gear box and engine for the other. The engine repair takes the majority of time and it's litterally useless unless you have high damage. With a good setup you can go easly 6-12 hours without touching the engine. Engine probably only for 24h racing and when you are experiencing a true loss of power.

When you have your wheel that goes left or right on straights it's a suspension problem, isn't it?

Mahjik
17-06-2018, 22:05
When you have your wheel that goes left or right on straights it's a suspension problem, isn't it?

Yes.

For the most part, I generally only repair aero damage since that affects the cars the majority of each lap you do.

RobertOldgit
18-06-2018, 18:14
From my understanding, and after watching Yorkies pit stop set up video on Youtube and trying it myself. (Well worth a look)

If you use a strategy that includes all repair catagories only items needing repair will take up pit stop time when you make your stop.

While on the subject of pit stops I change my options in settings to not show pit stop animation, because during the repairs the crew just stand around.

Mahjik
18-06-2018, 18:36
If you use a strategy that includes all repair catagories only items needing repair will take up pit stop time when you make your stop.

This is true. However given the time it takes to repair something, and how much or little it's affecting your race; you might not want to fix something that has damage. Therefore controlling what is fixed at each pitstop is a little better from a time management perspective.

sirio994
18-06-2018, 18:55
This is true. However given the time it takes to repair something, and how much or little it's affecting your race; you might not want to fix something that has damage. Therefore controlling what is fixed at each pitstop is a little better from a time management perspective.

Exacly if you have it set on the default "all" the pit crew will touch the engine too. Plus there is a common misunderstanding around the engine damage.

The engine will always have some damage but a good setup can get you through long races without losing power. Low engine damage is actually engine wear which is realistic. It's misleading that "all" includes the engine and i'm not surprised that people on the forum is obsessed with engine damage (engine damage is engine wear at loe rates and it's relalistic and should not be something to worry about)

RobertOldgit
18-06-2018, 19:59
Being as Yorkie is a member of the dev team I went with what he states in his video "Pit stop strategy."

sirio994
18-06-2018, 23:31
Being as Yorkie is a member of the dev team I went with what he states in his video "Pit stop strategy."

The funny thing is that his video made me feel stupid. I use different templates of damage repair: small repair (aero only), medium repair (aero and suspensions) and full repair (aero, suspensions, engine and gear box).

At the point i adjust fuel and tyres on the fly...