PDA

View Full Version : Accelerated fuel consumption

ZulfoDK
18-06-2018, 12:12
Hi All

Just posted this in PC2 this morning, with out realizing that it was the wrong part of the forum, as this is a question for Project Cars 2.

I did do a search before posting, but didn't find a post with a clear answer.

Is there any way of accelerating fuel consumption?

I like running 30 - 60 minut Le Mans races in LMP1, with mix'es LMP1, LMP2 and GT3 cars.

It seems that my opponents need to refuel, even when running the 30 min. races - while I seem to have enough fuel for that length of race.

Asturbo
18-06-2018, 17:19
No, there isn't option of fuel consumption acceleration.

With your race duration, you have to options: Disabling fuel consumption to prevent that some players have to refuel, or force a mandatory pit stop. The problem with this option is that I've read that doesn't work with timed races. It doesn't work offline but not sure if happens online too.

Stone Cold Stig
18-06-2018, 17:26

With your race duration, you have to options: Disabling fuel consumption to prevent that some players have to refuel, or force a mandatory pit stop. The problem with this option is that I've read that doesn't work with timed races. It doesn't work offline but not sure if happens online too.

I usually go with the mandatory pit stop option.

Chawabax
18-06-2018, 19:24
....mandatory pit stop. The problem with this option is that I've read that doesn't work with timed races. It doesn't work offline but not sure if happens online too.

Don't working both offline & online

KANETAKER
19-06-2018, 03:25
With your race duration, you have to options: Disabling fuel consumption to prevent that some players have to refuel, or force a mandatory pit stop.

Anyway the mandatory pit stop would not help at all for short races, because those cars that can complete 30 minutes of running (or 10 laps) in LeMans without refueling will still have an advantage because for them it would be like a kind of " Stop & Go "of 5 seconds, while the other cars need a few more seconds to refill the sufficient liters of fuel needed to complete the last 2 laps (in some cases the return of honor must also be counted).

Although in other cases a mandatory Pit Stop becomes a disadvantage in races of 30 minutes or 10 laps (in LeMans), for example: The Toyota TS040 is still faster than the 2016 LMP1 at an average of 3-5 seconds per lap, although the fuel only lasts for 8-9 laps, while the 2016 LMP1 can complete 11-12 laps without refueling, and the only way to have an entertaining race between the TS040 vs the LMP1 2016 is precisely by configuring races 30 minutes or 10 laps of duration, in this way TS040 users are forced to run to the limit (at the pace of classification) throughout the race to try to open a gap enough to enter and exit pits just in front of the 2016 LMP1, with all the risk that entails: Errors, runway exits, time lost due to penalties when exceeding runway limits, and accidents as in the case of McNish in LeMans 2011 since in that edition the Audi They were fast but they had that fuel handicap compared to the Peugeots, so they could lose the race by making more pit stops than the French cars.

ZulfoDK
19-06-2018, 06:29
I usually go with the mandatory pit stop option.

Maybe I should have been a bit more clear on that - I'm running offline races, and I don't think you have the option of selecting mandatory pit stops offline :(

I guess I could set it up so that I start with less fuel so that I have to pit stop, and limit my refuling - but thats a bit of a hassle.

I really don't get why this is not an option, it has been in so many other racing games, and it sounds like a pretty easy thing to implement - but if not already implemented, I guess it never will be :confused:

Chawabax
19-06-2018, 07:18
....and I don't think you have the option of selecting mandatory pit stops offline :(

You have this option in both online and offline (at least in single race... not sure in career)

ZulfoDK
19-06-2018, 08:53
You have this option in both online and offline (at least in single race... not sure in career)

Really - I need to check that!

Chawabax
19-06-2018, 15:12
CUSTOM EVENT --> Race Settings

Zenzic
20-06-2018, 08:10

As far as offline custom race goes: only when setting "duration type" to laps, mind you. "Mandatory pit stop" is greyed out when selecting timed races.