PDA

View Full Version : pCars64.exe error

Appie Kuipers
23-06-2018, 21:31
Guy's, I have this problem, when starting the game I get this message: D:/Steam?steamapps/common/pCars/pCars64.exe is corrupted
Any idea what this means? Thanks for your support.....Appie

Sampo
23-06-2018, 21:36
Right click on the game name in your game list in Steam and select properties. From that window select "local files" -> "verify integrity of game files" to have steam download any corrupt files again.

Mad Al
23-06-2018, 21:38
Guy's, I have this problem, when starting the game I get this message: D:/Steam?steamapps/common/pCars/pCars64.exe is corrupted
Any idea what this means? Thanks for your support.....Appie

It means you anti virus may have shat on the file.. amongst other possibilities..

Go into steam, right click PC in the library, select properties, select local files, then verify integrity of game files.

It should sort the issue (if not, then delete the original file, then verify)

Make sure your AV has an exclusion for the Project CARS install folder

edit: ninja'd by Sampo.. must type faster ;)

Sampo
23-06-2018, 22:12
What's your Windows version, Appie? And is it 32bit or 64bit?

Appie Kuipers
24-06-2018, 08:43
What's your Windows version, Appie? And is it 32bit or 64bit?

It is 64bit. An other problem now, steam everytime stops downloading, so the files are not complete. Or there is no pCars64.exe in the files! Wow this all is getting very frustrating.

Appie Kuipers
24-06-2018, 10:47
Problem solved Guy's, installed it now on the C drive, that did it! Thanks for your support.

Mad Al
24-06-2018, 10:48
It is 64bit. An other problem now, steam everytime stops downloading, so the files are not complete. Or there is no pCars64.exe in the files! Wow this all is getting very frustrating.

What anti virus are you using and have you set up an exclusion for the Project CARS install folder(s)

Edit, Glad you've fixed it and, my timing is terrible !

Shouldn't make any difference where it's installed really, I have PC1 and PC2 installed on C, D, W and Z drives..

Appie Kuipers
24-06-2018, 16:46
Thanks Mad Al, why it went well, I don't know.