PDA

View Full Version : PC version has different tire pressure settings available to PS4 version?

sloppysmusic
25-06-2018, 23:08
as pointed out to me by someone replying to my career thread (made with PS4)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62938-Sloppy-s-Fast-Stable-and-Fun-Career-Tunes-(G29)&p=1523295&viewfull=1#post1523295

A Scott
26-06-2018, 00:41
as pointed out to me by someone replying to my career thread (made with PS4)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62938-Sloppy-s-Fast-Stable-and-Fun-Career-Tunes-(G29)&p=1523295&viewfull=1#post1523295

IMO thier different games PC - Console, how many threads or post's from a console player reporting a issue, only to be told by a PC player nope no issue here.

Sentry87
26-06-2018, 00:52
So ps4 has smaller increments? It looks like skips .29 psi twice then up to .50 for third then back to .29. I use bar so haven't really noticed

sloppysmusic
26-06-2018, 01:45
So ps4 has smaller increments? It looks like skips .29 psi twice then up to .50 for third then back to .29. I use bar so haven't really noticed

Does bar include every digit? When I HAVE to use it in pit strategy it looks like it does. Which makes the next question interesting....IF you use psi, what happens if you convert the PSI you want but cannot have into BAR, cahnge to bar and set it, then go back to psi. Is the exact amount shown now available in psi?

And A Scott. This is NOT just one of those threads saying PC is better than PS4. This subject has nothing to do with PC power or storage etc. This is also the PC player saying they cannot do what the PS4 player CAN do.

Going to convert to BAR and see if I can 'rig' the issue.

A Scott
26-06-2018, 02:41
Didn't mention anything about PC being BETTER, I SAID DIFFERENT GAMES,
You title says PC has different tire pressure settings to PS4, does that sound like a game that is the same across all platforms,
cause thats not what your implying.

Mad Al
26-06-2018, 09:10
Didn't mention anything about PC being BETTER, I SAID DIFFERENT GAMES,
You title says PC has different tire pressure settings to PS4, does that sound like a game that is the same across all platforms,
cause thats not what your implying.

Ever think maybe the differences are due to differences in the underlying libraries supplied by MS and Sony ? Something like a round function having different behaviour between platforms?

A Scott
26-06-2018, 11:49
Ever think maybe the differences are due to differences in the underlying libraries supplied by MS and Sony ? Something like a round function having different behaviour between platforms?

No I havent, and nor do I know what any of that means,
But people that do know mybe could of replied to the OP explaining that to him.

Bealdor
26-06-2018, 12:02
No I havent, and nor do I know what any of that means,
But people that do know mybe could of replied to the OP explaining that to him.

The PS4 uses DirectInput while XB1 and most PC devices are using XInput.
I doubt that this is the root of this issue but you never know.

Mad Al
26-06-2018, 12:12
In simple English, round 1.56 to just one decimal place could result in 1.5 or 1.6 depending on if you round up, round down or round to nearest, and without knowing which each system is using, it's entirely possible that PC and PS4 may come out with slightly different numbers (especially if you are both converting from Bar to PSI and then rounding as well). Remember also that you are looking at a series of numbers that have to be set in a, probably predefined, number of steps, between a min and max value and the steps may not be the same size due to scaling and how many decimal points you are using.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rounding

So if you want to find out what's up, first off, check them in BAR, check the two end values and check to see how many steps there are... The only thing that looks really out in the OPs linked stuff is one of the PSI values being out by 0.02 between the two and how that converts to BAR (27.56 vs 27.58) all the others seem fairly reasonable and convert well to a 2 decimal place BAR value

sloppysmusic
26-06-2018, 17:12
IMO thier different games PC - Console, how many threads or post's from a console player reporting a issue, only to be told by a PC player nope no issue here.

So as you say many many threads by console players saying they have problems but wait ! The pc people always say. Nope no problem here !
For SOME reason I got the impression the pc version must be better as it has no problems compared to the many problema of console . I hope that explains why I found your post to INFER the pc version was better . Or if not better then problem free.
Back to the replies the underlying hardware / software interface makes some sense especially if it differs between continents and imperial /metric usage. Tire pressure being an infinitely variable variable I reckon it could only be represented accurately in software by being asigned a rather large memory space out of proportion to the effect such small increments actually make to the driving experience .
It's just a pain as I don't want to call my hubble career guide a G29 ps4 guide when it's supposed to be usable by anyone without confusion .

Edit : this draconian tablet auto correct will have to be turned off..sorry for nonsense words and double spacing ...

cpcdem
26-06-2018, 17:29
Could be lot's of things causing this, due to the different hardware. Maybe due to memory limitations, some setup items maybe stored in one byte in the consoles, while using 2 bytes in the PC, so there's more/different precision. Most probably it isn't that, but should be something along those lines. But in any case, the difference between 27.85 showing in one platform and 27.99 showing in the other, is just 0.5%, so completely negligible, so I don't think it's worth worrying about it.

A Scott
26-06-2018, 17:58
So as you say many many threads by console players saying they have problems but wait ! The pc people always say. Nope no problem here !
For SOME reason I got the impression the pc version must be better as it has no problems compared to the many problema of console . I hope that explains why I found your post to INFER the pc version was better . Or if not better then problem free

No idea what your on about sorry,
but everyone has a opinion whether its right or wrong, and many who have switched have said its night and day,
ive got my theory's on some issues which some are having which others are not,
and have worked for me with success, thats not to say they'll work for others,
screen shots, theirs features in the PC game ( not talking about graphics settings ) that are not in the console game, limitations of the system or what I dont know.