PDA

View Full Version : Racing in the wet

Joey Fazza
28-06-2018, 06:30
What set up changes from my quili set up should I do when the race is wet (part from tyres)? Am comfortable with the set up I have but once the rain comes down half way through the race I lose so much time, am on Road America in the Nissan GT3 class

Bealdor
28-06-2018, 06:45
Check this out:

http://youtu.be/oQugt9uv4ac

Joey Fazza
28-06-2018, 07:52
Yorkie to the rescue again! Thanks mate

webbed Redbaron
28-06-2018, 07:57
simply answer,don't race in the rain!lol.seriously,just tinker,as i do.

hkraft300
28-06-2018, 09:00
What set up changes from my quili set up should I do when the race is wet (part from tyres)? Am comfortable with the set up I have but once the rain comes down half way through the race I lose so much time, am on Road America in the Nissan GT3 class

If you're comfortable with the setup I say stick with it. I don't make any changes usually to keep the car predictable. The only thing I'd stress is wet tire pressures: they won't be the same as dry. You might have to increase pressures in your pit strategy or tuning because the wet tires run colder, therefore less of a pressure rise from cold. -5% to -10% brake ducts (from dry) would also assist in retaining heat and pressure. Also raise the ride height. Then just slow your roll, feel the grip, avoid puddles...

simply answer,don't race in the rain!lol.seriously,just tinker,as i do.

Rain racing is too much fun to not to do it.
Yes it's difficult, but it really equalises the field regardless of bop or tuning (except maybe tire pressures)