PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] Steering wheel always lose control after two laps. What's going on?

haydn111
01-07-2018, 00:50
First apologize if this is a really noob question. But I've been suffering from this issue for weeks.

I tried with multiple GT3 cars in career races. Apparently they all have this issue. First two laps the steering wheel feels accurate and sharp. However when 3rd lap comes, I can't even stay on a straight line!!!! The car randomly goes left or right even I don't move the steering wheel at all...

I turned off all the damages, fuel and tire wears. Still no luck. I don't understand how could the car go out of control on 3rd lap while behave totally fine in first two laps.

Anyone knows what happened and how to fix this? Thanks for any help.

The game become unplayable after I got this issue. I am always the last in every single race. :mad::mad::mad:

Shinzah
01-07-2018, 01:48
What wheel are you using? What is your system specifications?

Is it the wheel itself turning left or right on its own?

Have you ruled out the wheel being the problem by using other games with it?

haydn111
01-07-2018, 04:24

The wheel is fine. It's not moving. It's also fine with any other racing games.

haydn111
01-07-2018, 04:28

I'm using Thrustmaster TMX. I've been playing this game for a few month. Never had a problem until recently I started the gt3 series.

cpcdem
01-07-2018, 04:29
Use the cockpit camera, when the problem starts happening, do you see the in-game wheel turning left/right, even when you have the real wheel straight?

Vic Flange
01-07-2018, 05:30
My wheel (G29) settings recently went crazy. I had to delete my wheel config file and set it up again.
Turned out to be a good thing because I have better FFB settings now.

haydn111
01-07-2018, 14:26
Use the cockpit camera, when the problem starts happening, do you see the in-game wheel turning left/right, even when you have the real wheel straight?
I’m always driving view with cockpit camera. Both my wheel and the well in game are not moving...

cpcdem
01-07-2018, 14:40
I’m always driving view with cockpit camera. Both my wheel and the well in game are not moving...

Then maybe post a video with you driving in cockpit view and the telemetry view enabled when the problem starts happening? Maybe it will give someone an idea why this happens.

haydn111
01-07-2018, 14:56
Then maybe post a video with you driving in cockpit view and the telemetry view enabled when the problem starts happening? Maybe it will give someone an idea why this happens.

Sure. How should I enable telemetry view in pc2?

Shinzah
01-07-2018, 15:39
Sure. How should I enable telemetry view in pc2?

There's a button designation for hud cycling, if it's not mapped, map it to a button and press that button until you receive the telemetry view

haydn111
01-07-2018, 22:10
There's a button designation for hud cycling, if it's not mapped, map it to a button and press that button until you receive the telemetry view

Ok I think I figured out... Because it starts raining in the middle of the race....
I promise I probably won't drive on wet track in my real life. It's a horrible idea.

hkraft300
02-07-2018, 03:32
Ok I think I figured out... Because it starts raining in the middle of the race....
I promise I probably won't drive on wet track in my real life. It's a horrible idea.

Wet racing is awesome, on the right tires. Just slow your pace, feel the grip and work your way round the track. It's awesome.
As long as the track isn't flooded, where it becomes more survival than race.

MaximusN
02-07-2018, 12:52

Are you on wet tyres? And even if so, try avoiding the puddles, that what is causing the left/right movement(more so if you only run through them with your right or left tyres).

haydn111
02-07-2018, 22:24
Are you on wet tyres? And even if so, try avoiding the puddles, that what is causing the left/right movement(more so if you only run through them with your right or left tyres).

Thanks for the advice. Yes I need to practice to drive on wet tracks.