PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone thought of this for Career Mode?

Stewy32
05-07-2018, 18:49
This would take a lot of time and effort by SMS but I think it may be worth it.

You select a year to start your career when you load up the game e.g. 2012
So only cars that raced in 2012 are possible to race as.
Eg(Changing some of the car years to match initial spec)
LMP1 wouldn't exist
LMP2 would feature ORECA-Nissan 03
GTE would feature Aston Martin Vantage GTE
GT3 would feature Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3,BMW Z4 GT3 and Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
etc.

These would be the only cars and series available.

Then in 2013 new cars,tracks and series would be added to the career:
Ginetta G55 GT3 for example.

Over time series would update e.g. in 2016 the BMW Z4 GT3 and Mercedes-Benx SLS AMG GT3 would be replaced by the BMW M6 GT3 and Mercedes-AMG GT3.

The calendar would also evolve season upon season.

What do you guys think?

Javaniceday
05-07-2018, 19:56
hehe, I've daydreamed of a different ways to set up the career mode as well. I had a similar idea, but instead of separate years, it would be divided by decades.

At the start of your career mode, you choose which decade you'll be racing in. So, just like we have now, we have a career tree path but only includes series that were accurate to the decade your racing in.

So, say you choose, the 60s, the open wheel you'd have vitnage lotus formula 3 car, then the lotus 49c for "formula 1", the GT/lmp branch would have the ferrari and porsche lemans cars, etc, etc.

Stewy32
06-07-2018, 21:23
hehe, I've daydreamed of a different ways to set up the career mode as well. I had a similar idea, but instead of separate years, it would be divided by decades.

At the start of your career mode, you choose which decade you'll be racing in. So, just like we have now, we have a career tree path but only includes series that were accurate to the decade your racing in.

So, say you choose, the 60s, the open wheel you'd have vitnage lotus formula 3 car, then the lotus 49c for "formula 1", the GT/lmp branch would have the ferrari and porsche lemans cars, etc, etc.

Nice!

CassielLight
09-07-2018, 18:26
It's a nifty idea. I know "period" scenarios aren't new in gaming: I remember they did exactly this in "Red Storm Rising," and that was, gosh, 30 years ago?

Yeah, go on...tease me about my age, and I'll flail you with my Epyx 500XJ, ya little whippersnappers. ;p

Anyway, jokes aside, that is a nifty idea. Racing through decades, different cars, different tracks (Classic Monza opening, then closing, e.g.)...I'm not quite sure how it fits the format, so to speak, but it's certainly a cool idea.

Tank621
09-07-2018, 19:14

Now that I would love to see