PDA

View Full Version : Rolling start issues

CoproManiac
08-07-2018, 13:28
Think it needs no explanation.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/282173782?t=01h33m15s

Raklodder
08-07-2018, 15:22
I've had it happen to me way to many times in the past and the only known way around it at the moment (which doesn't fix our immediate problem) is to stick with regular race starts.

I don't know why some tracks are more troublesome than others (notice the "zigzag" move they do before turning into the first corner) but it also happens on Nurburgring during rolling starts.

A Scott
08-07-2018, 15:52
Think it needs no explanation.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/282173782?t=01h33m15s

I for one dont understand, Is that a auto formation lap ?

CoproManiac
08-07-2018, 16:11
I've had it happen to me way to many times in the past and the only known way around it at the moment (which doesn't fix our immediate problem) is to stick with regular race starts.

I don't know why some tracks are more troublesome than others (notice the "zigzag" move they do before turning into the first corner) but it also happens on Nurburgring during rolling starts.

Yeah, I joined a random server, didn't check if rolling starts were turned on. Have had this exact same thing happen to me during Le Mans before. League racing at Daytona Road is also messed up as standing starts are impossible because there's no grid and often cars will just crash into eachother before people have control over their car.
Think this issue should be addressed. Rolling starts are a waste if this happens.

CoproManiac
08-07-2018, 16:11
I for one dont understand, Is that a auto formation lap ?

It's a rolling start.

rich1e I
08-07-2018, 16:54
I'd always go for manual rolling start. Unfortunately you can't see what settings the host is using.

A Scott
08-07-2018, 17:19
It's a rolling start.

Thankyou but I know its a rolling start, what I ment was, was it a auto or manual start with formation lap,
every time I joined a auto one the AI controlling the car before the start get a pentaly, feature should be deleted.

CoproManiac
08-07-2018, 17:45
Thankyou but I know its a rolling start, what I ment was, was it a auto or manual start with formation lap,
every time I joined a auto one the AI controlling the car before the start get a pentaly, feature should be deleted.

I'm not entirely sure, cars crashed too soon. Could've been manual as there was no AI control after the crash. There was no formation lap tho.

cpcdem
08-07-2018, 19:38
Looks like both cars were placed in the same exact spot, so then mayhem happened? Either due to a bug in the positioning, or maybe one of the two players had a little lag compared to the other and while they were initially placed separately, the lag meant the game suddenly saw then having the same spot...

CoproManiac
08-07-2018, 21:01
Check the video from this thread: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?63840-How-do-you-get-to-2000-skill-rating&p=1520761&viewfull=1#post1520761
See how the Chevrolette gets thrown up in the air. It just bounces and then shoots up in the air like a rocket lol.
I'll follow my own advice I posted in that thread and be more careful when joining lobbies and avoid the ones that have a rolling start.

Rolling starts are bugged, they need to be addressed or be taken out of the game.

CoproManiac
08-07-2018, 21:04
https://youtu.be/njWYEPxehP4?t=36s\

Just witness the chaos at Daytona Road, check how many people get thrown around and get penalties before even having control over their car.

A Scott
09-07-2018, 01:56
Check the video from this thread: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?63840-How-do-you-get-to-2000-skill-rating&p=1520761&viewfull=1#post1520761
See how the Chevrolette gets thrown up in the air. It just bounces and then shoots up in the air like a rocket lol.
I'll follow my own advice I posted in that thread and be more careful when joining lobbies and avoid the ones that have a rolling start.

Rolling starts are bugged, they need to be addressed or be taken out of the game.

Ive only done a few rolling's start races & my memory is not that good, but I think if the formation lap is on it solves the issue,
the bug or issue is when theirs no formation lap, the AI is in control ( which is the problem ) until you get manul control just before the start, but both options can be seen in the lobby settings,
but with formation lap depending on circuit takes a age to get around due to the speed limit which only P1 has and is at a huge disadvantage.

CoproManiac
09-07-2018, 06:48
Ive only done a few rolling's start races & my memory is not that good, but I think if the formation lap is on it solves the issue,
the bug or issue is when theirs no formation lap, the AI is in control ( which is the problem ) until you get manul control just before the start, but both options can be seen in the lobby settings,
but with formation lap depending on circuit takes a age to get around due to the speed limit which only P1 has and is at a huge disadvantage.

Formation lap could be a work around, but I'd rather see them fix the issues with the rolling start. I'm not really interested in driving a formation lap at Le Mans or at the Nordschleife, would take ages.

KANETAKER
10-07-2018, 14:49
At least in those online races with license points activated, in the event of some chaos or disaster in those types of rolling starts, there is the possibility of avoiding losing skill points if you leave the session just before the red lights of the traffic light start disappear and before the leader crosses the finish line.

A Scott
10-07-2018, 15:05
Formation lap could be a work around, but I'd rather see them fix the issues with the rolling start. I'm not really interested in driving a formation lap at Le Mans or at the Nordschleife, would take ages.

So I would I, but realistically i would guess we got mybe 2-3 months of bug / issue fixes left judging by the 9-10 month support from PC1,
a lot just isnt gonna get fixed.

CoproManiac
10-07-2018, 18:06
At least in those online races with license points activated, in the event of some chaos or disaster in those types of rolling starts, there is the possibility of avoiding losing skill points if you leave the session just before the red lights of the traffic light start disappear and before the leader crosses the finish line.

I did not know that, thanks for the info. I won the race in the end tho :)

CoproManiac
10-07-2018, 18:07
So I would I, but realistically i would guess we got mybe 2-3 months of bug / issue fixes left judging by the 9-10 month support from PC1,
a lot just isnt gonna get fixed.

Yeah, maybe (probably) it won't get fixed, but hopefully they will fix it. Fingers crossed :)