Nvidia gtx1080 ddr 5 8gb
Samsung 1TB SSD 850 EVO Series
Windows 10 Operating System 64 Bit
3 X27in screens
I am looking to purchase
Fanatec
Cls Elite Racing Wheel
Csl Elite Pedals OR CSL Elite Pedals LC
I am able not to worry on cost ( worked for 50 yrs)
reliability is important
ADVICE PLEASE ON THIS or Thrustmaster. I am not sure of Thrustmaster equivalent advice again please

Kind regards

Olijke Poffer
15-07-2018, 12:41
Welcome to the club.
I just bought the fanatec csw v2.5 so I would say. Buy the fanatec. But I always had Thrustmaster wheels. T150 pro and the Tx 458 Italia also from Thrustmaster and never had any problems with those. The only thing I dislike is the loud fan noise and the crackeling sounds of the belts. Other than that it is not a bad wheel/base.
Said this, I do like Fanatec more. Looks and build.

Zaskarspants
15-07-2018, 13:05
Fanatec have released the price of their direct drive wheel base if money is no problem, 1500 euro. A less expensive lower torque model also soon available.

morpwr
15-07-2018, 13:31
Hi to one all . And thank you in anticipation
I am 70 year old racing sim enthusiast, and I would like advice
my pc spec

intel i7 sky lake 6700k 4Ghz cpu
Z170-hd 3p motherboard gigabyte z170
NVidia
Nvidia gtx1080 ddr 5 8gb
Samsung 1TB SSD 850 EVO Series
Windows 10 Operating System 64 Bit
3 X27in screens
I am looking to purchase
Fanatec
Cls Elite Racing Wheel
Csl Elite Pedals OR CSL Elite Pedals LC
I am able not to worry on cost ( worked for 50 yrs)
reliability is important
ADVICE PLEASE ON THIS or Thrustmaster. I am not sure of Thrustmaster equivalent advice again please

Kind regards

The only thing I would change if you aren't worried about money is the mobo 370 series,cpu 8700, and gpu 1080ti at that point you are future proofed for a while. At this point the 170 boards are old. If doing it from the start the cost difference isn't huge and well worth it.

slider916
15-07-2018, 14:24
I currently have a Fanatec CSW v2 base - 2 years old, X-Box One Hub with Forza Motorsports Rim - 2 years old, Fanatec Clubsport Shifter - 6 months old, Fanatec Clubsport v2 Pedals - 5 years old.
I'm very please with Fanatec and started with with the Fanatec CSR Wheel and Elite Pedals which I still have today packed away.
I'm also looking at purchasing the Fanatec McLaren GT3 wheel.

MARLINLEG
15-07-2018, 15:20
Thank you all

Amraam
17-07-2018, 22:59
After much indecision, about six weeks ago I bought a Fanatec CSW 2.5, V3 pedals, 1.5 shifter with both a BMW and carbon rim. I have to say thus far it has been by far the best investment I have made in sim equipment and has provided me with a level of immersion I didn't think possible in a racing sim. I had an old Logitech Momo wheel previously and the difference, as you might expect, was astounding.

For the amount I spent I could have bought a direct drive wheel but a few things put me off this option. Firstly, the cost of a DD wheel, with the pedals, shifter etc, became way too much for me to justify. Secondly, I don't have space for a full sim frame and have to attach the wheel and shifter to my sturdy desk. With the shallow depth of the CSW mounted on the clubsport table clamp, it fits nicely on my desk and is rock solid. And thirdly, I don't intend using VR and want to also enjoy the aesthetic appearance of the wheels and shifter. The CSW provides me with plenty enough strength in force feedback.

I don't know how well the CSL Elite and pedals would directly compare, but I would certainly recommend the CSW, V3 pedals and shifter if you want a low hassle system that both looks great and provides a fantastic driving experience.

dan2312
20-07-2018, 10:50
Ive got a Logitech G29, but you need to put up with some hassle, because if the wheel don't work it could be the logitech software that needs reinstalling, its a bit moody,

Also ive had one hardware problem with the paddle shifters sometimes double shifting and not shifting at all, but i managed to fix this myself with some dismantling and a bit of sand paper.

Ive owned the wheel for around 20 months now. To be honest i wouldn't swap it for the world because i know it inside out.