PDA

View Full Version : Pit stop disobeyed?

Twinz
15-07-2018, 16:26
So I am closing in on first place on the next to the last lap when the leader goes to the pit and I carry on...only to get DQ'd as I start the last lap.

The fact that a pit stop was required would have been useful information BEFORE I was DQ'd. But my race director made no mention of it and the info in the upper left corner before the race only stated 9 laps, so I selected hard slicks and went started racing. Heck, had I known a pit stop was required I would have used softs and pitted around the 5th lap.

Where is this "required pit stop" information so that I may get the memo before I get DQ'd next time?

Bealdor
15-07-2018, 16:31
Which game mode? Career, quick race or MP?

If it's career, which series did you race?

Twinz
15-07-2018, 16:54
It was MP.

cpcdem
15-07-2018, 17:09
If you go to the lobby screen while in the pits (while qualifying or before the race), there it is shown a "Mandatory Pitstop" entry with values YES or NO. But I agree it should be made a lot more obvious that mandatory pistops are enabled, as it is very easy to overlook it.

But at least for many months now I have always been getting a warning from my radio engineer if I am on the second to last lap and I still haven't pitted in a mandatory pitstop race. Are you sure you have enabled the in game radio engineer and spotter?

Twinz
15-07-2018, 17:56
He was telling me to cool down my brakes, so I thought he was enabled.

KarlToastbrot
15-07-2018, 18:38
The ingame radio does not tell you if you have to do a mandatory pitstop, but crewchief (3rd party program) does.

cpcdem
15-07-2018, 20:33
The ingame radio does not tell you if you have to do a mandatory pitstop, but crewchief (3rd party program) does.

The ingame radio always does tell me, but if crewchief says, that, too, all the better!
Don't know why the ingame one does not work for some people though.