PDA

View Full Version : How do you cancel a contract and re-start the Championship?

isamu
20-07-2018, 14:33
I just got to the second RallyX Championship Tier and I picked the Mini Cooper, thinking I'd like it but I don't, and would like to cancel my contract with Mini, restart the championship and pick another car. Can someone tell me how to do this?

JasonSandwich
20-07-2018, 14:40
I'm pretty sure that you can not back out. I've done this twice before where I've made the wrong choice in car and had to muscle through (and lose) a championship just to retry with a different car.

I'd like to be wrong. Does anyone know if there is a way to back out or if this has changed? I haven't done much of the career since patch 6 came out.

Schnizz58
20-07-2018, 14:44
I'm pretty sure that you can not back out. I've done this twice before where I've made the wrong choice in car and had to muscle through (and lose) a championship just to retry with a different car.

I'd like to be wrong. Does anyone know if there is a way to back out or if this has changed? I haven't done much of the career since patch 6 came out.

I'm pretty sure you're right. Contracts are binding.

Gav88888
20-07-2018, 14:54
You can't, I just retire each race then start it again.

JasonSandwich
20-07-2018, 14:56
Contracts are binding.

Too much sim! :p

Konan
20-07-2018, 15:55
What i do is disable practice and qualifying and quit the races once they started...don't forget to enable practice and/or qualifying afterwards though.

Plato99
20-07-2018, 16:32
If you choose the wrong team / car you have to sit out the season. Ask Matt Jackson, he knows all about that. :)

isamu
20-07-2018, 21:06
Thanks for the replies guys, got it.

OK another career related question..... I'll try my best to explain this so bare with me....

I have pretty much all golds in all racing disciplines up to Tier 2, which I'm working on now. However, there are two Championships in a split bracket, within the Tier 4 bracket, immediately following the Ginetta GT5 Challenge, and another two immediately following the Clio Cup Championship event, for a total of four that are still locked. I've already golded the Ginetta GT5 Championship event, as well as the Clio Cup Championship event. Strange thing is, after hopping around different disciplines, the championship events in Tier 3 became unlocked so I completed them. However, the four championship events I mention above in Tier 4 are still locked. How do I unlock them?

Bealdor
20-07-2018, 21:10
Win a Tier 1 Championship to unlock all.
You can't go back to a lower tier.

Stewy32
21-07-2018, 08:08
If you win a Tier 1 Championship you can restart your career from wherever.

isamu
21-07-2018, 08:24
Thanks dudes :)

Konan
21-07-2018, 15:42
If you win a Tier 1 Championship you can restart your career from wherever.

Yes but you still need to complete the tier you started... The thing he's talking about is backing out an already started championship to choose another car which you can't...

isamu
21-07-2018, 18:30
Yes but you still need to complete the tier you started... The thing he's talking about is backing out an already started championship to choose another car which you can't...

Well yes, initially I was talking about being able to back out an already started championship to choose another car, but in my second question I was asking about something entirely different, which Stewy and Bealdor addressed. According Stewy and Bealdor, once I complete just *one* tier 1 championship, the game will unlock ALL other remaining championship events regardless of whatever discipline they fall in, correct? I'm going to try it tomorrow.

Konan
21-07-2018, 18:47
Oops sorry...must have missed that question.
Yes,that is correct...

LUN4T1C
22-07-2018, 16:44
If you choose the wrong team / car you have to sit out the season. Ask Matt Jackson, he knows all about that. :)

You can always start a second career in a different series. Ask Fernando Alonso about that one.

MarleyMoo
22-07-2018, 18:53
Well yes, initially I was talking about being able to back out an already started championship to choose another car, but in my second question I was asking about something entirely different, which Stewy and Bealdor addressed. According Stewy and Bealdor, once I complete just *one* tier 1 championship, the game will unlock ALL other remaining championship events regardless of whatever discipline they fall in, correct? I'm going to try it tomorrow.

All other events will be unlocked... as starting points for your next career re-do. That is, once you pick one of those events, you will be locked into career progression mode, where you can only select the current event tier or one tier above. That goes on until you win a Tier 1 event again, and then all events are unlocked as starting points again.