PDA

View Full Version : Wear tires

MajorPain
21-07-2018, 02:49
For practice and qualif before race its very hard to turn tires cold to hot ,if i change in options wear tire to faster thats gonna help me?
Thank!!

Cholton82
21-07-2018, 07:48
What car / track / tyres and what are the track temps ? Are you using the default tunes ?
Normally it can take about 5 laps for optimum temps and pressures but having the pressures in the correct operating window is most important . Let us know what car and someone will tell you your ideal pressure range , Cold starting pressures do have to be altered to suit the track temps so that when warmed up they are correct.

KANETAKER
21-07-2018, 14:58
What car / track / tyres and what are the track temps ? Are you using the default tunes ?
Normally it can take about 5 laps for optimum temps and pressures but having the pressures in the correct operating window is most important . Let us know what car and someone will tell you your ideal pressure range , Cold starting pressures do have to be altered to suit the track temps so that when warmed up they are correct.

The problem is that while some players take about 4 or 5 laps to get an optimal operating temperature, there are other players who inexplicably only need 1 lap to get a good temperature and get the Pole Position. This becomes more complicated and unfair in those multiplayer sessions where one manages to enter the Qualifying session with 5 minutes left to finish, and that time in some tracks is insufficient to do a couple of laps and get a good temperature and be able to fight for the pole position.

It would be good if SMS could implement an option for Multiplayer Online games in which you can choose between a totally realistic Classification session where depending on the category of cars you have to heat the tires or not, and another Classification session where all the cars already have optimal temperatures on their tires so there is a more open fight for pole position.

PD: In my case, I have problems with Group C, LMP2, LMP900, GT1, Vintage Prototypes and Formula Renault.

dan2312
22-07-2018, 20:30
For practice and qualif before race its very hard to turn tires cold to hot ,if i change in options wear tire to faster thats gonna help me?
Thank!!

Increase or decrease toe in or toe out,reduce tyre pressures a tad, also push the car really hard in the corners, swerve it a little.

Trux74
24-07-2018, 02:24
Bang pressures up by 4-5 psi. Don’t reduce.. Aim for around 28 psi 1.8 bar hot in GT3 should reach that in a lap or 2 depends on lap length.

BioBen
09-08-2018, 09:19
Increasing tire wear rate will likely not help this as you will then have the problem of running out of grip faster, but that depends on how long the race is.